Spoiler Things I Didn’t Know Because It Was The First Time

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Rika77

Rika77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All this translating-sharing business is illegal in the first place. You can't bring in morals and talk about the translator's feeling while not giving a damn about the author. Even though I do believe they should be appreciated for the effort they put in, but at the end of the day translators don't own the work they are translating. They can't dictate how others should or shouldn't behave. I know how hard mtling can be even when I'm only doing it to read the books myself, so I can imagine how hard translating must be, but come on everyone on this site knows that it takes ages for every chapter to come out whoever the translator involved might be. No blame on the translators for this but it's human to be impatient. So what if a few people decide to switch towards a faster low effort mtl version? What's with this 'ownership' over the fandom? Those who like the translations will still read them...I am in huge discord server of a particular novel for years now even though there are thousands of mtl version available for it just because their translation is great. Frankly at this point only the translator for 'Taming the Munchkin' can complain about sniping and all because they are the only ones with actual permission to do what they are doing.

Well moving on~ I am all for discussions in spoiler threads but this debate has nothing to do with actual novel.So any spoilers?
    Does mc end up with him?What's he hiding?

2. lovelysunshiine

lovelysunshiine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Nobody should feel entitled to anything in this scenario unless you are the author bc at the end of the day, it’s illegal and mtls would be a lot more common (such as with jnovels or cnovels) if we had access to knovels. So stop this pity party and simply don’t read the mtl if you don’t want to. And as the translator, i thought this was a hobby why the dramatics and if your readers want to read mtl then whatever bc in the end, everyone will go back and reread or skim over the translation to actually grasp the story.

Thank you <3 !!

Victo.gg and your crush like this.
  3. lidae

lidae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh I just came here for the spoilers? :blob_teary: Spoilers please :aww:

zoefleyl and Lucy_ like this.
  4. febgh

febgh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The link's not working anymore :( Can I please have a copy of this? Thank you so much!!!

5. chastity098

chastity098 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    febgh likes this.
  6. febgh

febgh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It does! Thank you so much!!! :)))

7. StrawMilkbag

StrawMilkbag Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobhero:Camping for spoilers

Deleted member 282232 likes this.
  8. Lucy_

Lucy_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a translation version? The mtl isn’t that much understandable ᴗ͈̥̥̥̆‸ᴗ͈̥̥̥̆

9. chileylimon

chileylimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so --- I've been reading the MTL and while it's not entirely accurate, it does quench my thirst for this novel. There might be some inaccuracies here and there, but when it comes to the main plot it can be understood.
    Main Characters

Female Lead
    • Scarlett Dumfelt (as Madame/Married)
    • Scarlett Crimson (as Lady of Count Crimson’s Family/Unmarried)
    Crimson Family

Count and Countess Crimson were a noble family of genius watchmakers that were recognized for their craftsmanship and engineering. They were basically the Steve Jobs of watches.​

• Scarlett Dumfelt (Maiden: Scarlett Crimson)
    Age: She married Viktor at 18 and divorced him at 20 or 21. She's 6 years younger than Viktor. This is unconfirmed since both MTL and translated chapters are incorrect but she's 1 year younger than her brother, I previously said she had an age gap of 11 years with her younger brother, but reading along the chapters, it seems to be a 1 year-old difference instead, so that would make her the younger one. For further info see here.

She is the MC of the story & the daughter of watchmakers, Count & Countess Crimson. Her parents were given the title after being considered geniuses for not only their craftmanship for watches but their knowledge that surpassed others in the continent. They both passed away in an accident when MC was 12 years old.

After her parents passed away, her uncle basically took everything from them under the pretext of parenting, he took her money, properties and her parents businesses iirc. While living under her uncle’s family MC suffered from abuse and harassment from both her uncle and cousins. In conclusion, she was treated worse than a maid, but a little better than a slave.

She married ML at 18 and escaped her uncle’s abuse, she became the Dumfelt mistress and after 2 years of marriage, she divorced the ML.
    • Isaac Crimson
    He is the MC's brother. After the accident where both their parents died, he suffered from an injury during the accident that left him blind. Edit: *According to both the MTL and the chapter that has been translated, he was a 1 year-old child when the accident happened, so he's said to be 11 years younger than the MC. In other chapters they are recalling their time at the mansion when their parents where alive and it seems he wasn't 1 year-old but rather, he's 1 year older than Scarlett. *This info might be incorrect but we'll have to do with it.

He’s the heir of the Crimson Family and to all of their parents' wealth, but since he’s a minor he’s living under their uncle’s guardianship. When the accident happened, MC was 12, so both of them were minors, that’s why the uncle was able to hogle all of their possessions and why the MC can’t do much after she came of age since the uncle basically holds all the power to change and alter the will of the inheritance. In contrast to how the MC was treated by the uncle’s family, Isaac is treated rather well (I mean he lives in the attic but at least is not beaten).
    • Eville Crimson
    He’s MC’s uncle who took care of their family’s wealth and possessions and is currently Isaac’s guardian. He treats Isaac waaay differently than how he treats MC, since he’s the heir and obv wants to be in his good graces. He constantly puts Isaac against the MC saying that she is a sly fox, etc. and even made Isaac slap MC when they were younger.

After the slapping incident, Isaac no longer tried to defend and be on MC’s side in front of their uncle, so the uncle and his family think he doesn’t care and doesn’t trust her, but in reality they are super close.
    • Arnold and Marylin
    They’re MC’s cousins and are constantly harassing, insulting and even assaulting her, before she married and even after her divorce.​

Male Lead
    • Viktor Dumfelt (Duke)
    Dumfelt Family

The Dumfelt Family was named after Marina Iren/Irene, a royal daughter/princess that was ousted from the royal family. Dumfelt was also the name of the estate at the ends of the Capital, basically a wasteland. The Dumfelt estate, called the Hill of the Exiled Princess, became one of the most beautiful estates in Salantier. The Dumfelt family’s fortune was built on Viktor Dumfelt’s triumphs. They were a wealthy aristocratic family founded on generations of war, with vast hunting grounds.
    • Viktor Dumfelt
    Age: He married Scarlett at 24 and divorced her at 26. He's 6 years older than MC.

He's a Duke, the Lord of the Dumfelt estate in Salantier and the Captain of the Navy. He's the son of the exiled princess Marina, and also the grandson of the King.

His mother is the daughter of the King of Salantier who grew up being adored and with a lot of love. She spent the night with a nobleman at a party and conceived Viktor. At that time she was engaged to the prince of the neighbouring estate/country Vestina. This broke her engagement and was exiled from the royal family in public anger.

He married MC because he needed a noble family with prestige like the Crimsons that had been geniuses while alive. He sort of became disappointed when he realized that MC acted like a maid instead of the noble lady that she was supposed to be.
    • Marina Irene/Iren/Dumfelt
    She was formerly a royal princess and was engaged to the prince from Vestina. She had Viktor with Gregory, a nobleman of Salantier. She blames her son for, basically, being born. She resents him for being expelled from the royal family. She currently is living on a monastery, and was previously at a psych ward.
    • Gregory Dumfelt
    He's Viktor's father and the second son of his family, so he had no title, nor was he given any title because he was not allowed to marry. Since his title/status is not specified, people refer to him how you would call a military officer or a police officer. He was labeled "the man who downgraded the princess" throughout his youth, there was even gossip in the newspapers that he had seduced the princess with all kinds of drugs.

His attitude towards Scarlett is cruel and he projects his insecurities on her.​

Worldbuilding
    • Salantier is the name of the sovereign state where the story takes place, is not a Country, per se, nor a Kingdom, but a form of goverment within the continent. *For the sake of spoilers, I'll refer to it as a Country.
    • Both MC and ML lived (while married) in the Dumfelt estate, that didn't have fertile land like any other land within Salantier, but it had a cedar forest that was beautiful to the north, the capital of Salantier to the east and the sea to the west.
    • Salantier, it's surrounded by other small estates/countries and it's bigger in extension than its neighbors.
    • Vestina is a neighbouring country that is rumoured to be planning for war against Salantier. It's the first country on the continent to be established, from the perspective of the sovereign state of Salantier, Vestina had always been a humble existence. *Vestina is also where the prince that was engaged to ML's mother was from.
    • Currently, Salantier has a problem with pirates and the ML is in charge of the pirates who are disturbing Salantier's west coast.
    • Salantier has been focusing on suppresing the development of science and tech. It has got to a level where engineers are being killed for trying to fix the city's tram or even a bicycle.
    More on this:
    • The King and the High Priest agreed to ban trams and bicycles from being repaired. The main reason was that people went out to play on the weekend using trams and bicycles and it was said to be against Lesquiat.
    • Lesquiat was the God of Nature and Edelod, the religion of Salantier, was the religion of Lesquiat. When the nomadic ancestors settled along a small star, they began to worship the stars that led them as well as the God Lesquiat, who created Nature.
    • The nomads who founded Salantier were the people who melted into nature so they tended to reject technological development.
    • Religious extremists have been killing several engineers based on the words of the King and the High Priest.
    So far this is the background of the characters' story and where it takes place, I haven't even touched the main plot lol but I'll do a summary of the chapters soon so ya'll don't get brain damage trying to figure out the MTL teehee.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
    feng nao, Irishh, its0k and 16 others like this.
  10. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much!!!

chileylimon likes this.
  11. chileylimon

chileylimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y'all, I'll be racking my brain trying to figure out their ages :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:, deciphering their expiring date has been a whole project of mine now, it's become personal at this point.
    It's super messy both MTL and the little info I can gather from the translator linked at novelupdates, so this is the conclusion I'm drawing after 35 chapters into the novel. I will edit the post where I spoiled about the characters background, and if I find some more info I'll correct it again.
    TIDKBITFT, I'm onto your ass :blobspy:.

So, I believe Scarlett was 12 when the accident happened, 18 when she married and, according to MTL 20 when she divorced, however, in the translated chapter, she's said to be 21 at one point before the divorce, which I believe is incorrect. Stay with me here.

Viktor is, allegedly 26 when he divorced so that makes him 24 when he got married to Scarlett, having a 6 year-ish age gap with her.

Nowwww, Isaac. Okay, so, both MTL and translated chapters say he was 1 year old when the accident happened which now I know is totally wrong:notlikeblob:.

He was either 1 year older or 1 year younger. I assumed he was younger by a year, after reading the chapters were it is revealed they both played together on a tree house at the Mansion and because Scarlett assumed the role of a caretaker and sort of became a mature character in my head.

However, as of chapter 34, he's supposed to be 13 years-old when the accident happened, which makes him older than Scarlett by a year and that would make him 22 years-old.

I can't confirm nor deny wether he's older or younger since I don't know what term Scarlett uses to call him (오빠 or what) or what Isaac calls her (누나). What I know is a fact is that he does call her by her name and Scarlett does the same so? I'm starting to think that he's the older one.

So, if he's the older one that would make him 22, and Scarlett would be 21, since it has already been a whole year after the divorce (20y/o).

This is probably not THAT relevant but I always wonder about their ages, maybe because I'm also a 20-something and wouldn't be able to do half the shit they do/go through lol

12. Hazel123

Hazel123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ending spoiler about this novel? Ty

13. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did the op stop reading this??
    when will we get to know about FL's brother?
    leads reunion?

14. elfesteem

elfesteem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the entire MTL story on onlymtl, and here is a brief summary of the entire plot. Some parts might be a bit mixed up in terms of timelines and detail:

They go through a lot of things, including a war where they nearly lose both their lives and a whole lot of drama, but get back together, confirm their love and annul their divorce. Back as husband and wife, they live together in a happy ending.

Scarlett uses her divorce money to buy pirate medicine for Isaac's eyes. She also opens the watch store with Andrei helping here. She has an amazing memory, and uses her knowledge and skills to become a talented engineer (illegally fixing trams in her new neighborhood). She also finds out her uncle is selling bad watches. When Isaacs eyes start to recover, they start to take back the Crimson watch business, and Isaac gets arrested for attacking their uncle. All this time, she still has interactions with Viktor, who still doesn't believe she doesn't remember anything. When she visits the police station again to help Isaac, the original inspector makes her drink the memory tea again to wipe her memory, since she has a good memory and is starting to remember details (like the fact the original inspector was there) and tried to mention it to Viktor. The side effects cause her to occasionally regress in memories, so sometimes under stressful situations she thinks she is still married to Viktor. This leads to frequent meetings with Viktor where they eventually become physical.

Andrei is eventually caught as a spy from the royal police (who drugged and tortured Scarlett). He originally started working in order to keep watch on Scarlett, but eventually became more loyal towards her, and so when he is caught by Viktor (who is the de-facto head of the Navy and has been keeping watch on the Royal Police) he tells him everything, including how Scarlett was drugged into revealing the truth and lost her memory, something Viktor refused to believe before. Viktor tells him not to tell Scarlett (so he wont be faced with his guilt), and to keep on working at the watch store to protect Scarlett (who is in danger from multiple people including the Royal Police, Pirates with a vendatta against Viktor, and the evil uncle). He knows Andrei is loyal now because he didn't report about Scarlett fixing the trams.

Scarlett starts to attend an engineering school, and has redrawn her parents old blueprints for planes. The neighbouring country is threatening war, but the country they live in are refusing to develop technology (for example by not allowing repairs of trams) under the rules passed by the Crown prince (who also 'stole' Viktors ex-lover Nina). With the threats against them, Scarlett (who is an engineering genius), the other engineering students and the Navy led by Viktor start to develop planes to work against the Neighbouring countries airships. It turns out through Viktors investigations that the crown prince is a traitor, and is feeding the neighbouring country secrets, information etc... The crown prince also previously (before they started to build planes) published Scarletts photo in the newspaper advertising her as Viktors wife, which led her to be kidnapped by the pirates. Viktor, who still and also has loved Scarlett, negotiated with them (for the first time ever instead of just fighting them) to get her back (they also recruited some pirate siblings during this time to join them). The crown Prince later on leaks the location of the navy base, so it gets bombed and Scarlett gets seriously injured.

While this war stuff is happening (before the bombing), Scarlett has moments where she regresses back to when she still was not divorced. Viktor sleeps with her during these times because he has loved her all this time, and thinks if they have a child, they will still be connected. She also finds out that Viktor knew about her being drugged and gets angry. Eventually the side effects cause her to regress more and more in time, so until she thinks her and Victor and newlyweds. Viktor realises she will eventually regress to not remember being married at all, so gives her the antidote. She is angry.

This next part I cant remember clearly, but Viktor fights with the Navy against the neighbouring country and gets injured. Before he left, Scarlett lies and pretends she is pregnant from their regression nights, so that he has a reason to survive when he is fighting. He hides from Scarlett that he is losing his sight from the eye injury with drugs. Scarlett eventually finds out, gets more pirate drugs (which she used on Isaac but that Viktor opposes to because he is part of the Navy who fight pirates), and pours it on his eyes when he is sleeping. Eventually he gets more pirate eye drugs when Scarlett almost dies (from the bombing I think?) and he realises he wants to see her. From the original pirate drug he was given, there are side effects, so he had to take extreme painkillers to continue functioning and becomes addicted. He now has blood clot issues (he cant clot so he bleeds too much) Some more war stuff happens XD, and eventually Scarlett gets on one of her planes and manages to shoot down the airship, and the neighbour country sign a truce, essentially conceding defeat. Her and Viktor are war heroes.

Scarlett and Viktor also found out that the royal family were responsible for the death of the Crimson parents, because they were threatened by their plane designs. It was Viktor who saved Scarlett and her brother from the carriage accident, after promising her parents who were dying from the overturned carriage. When Viktor was doing this, he was technically skipping official orders and was therefore a 'traitor', which the royal family are trying to use against him. Scarlett is also considering taking the memory drug again (which brings up long lost past memories, but has a side effect of loss of short term memories) to try to remember any clues of the carriage, but Isaac eventually takes it instead and remembers details of the carriage accident and therefore the royal familys involvement. When Isaac took the drug, he forgot in the short term he had locked up and tortured the evil uncle and during this time, he dies of starvation/thirst. Viktor plants evidence to take the fall for Isaac instead, but Scarlett eventually finds out and Isaac turns himself in, freeing Viktor. There is essentially a long court battle to convict the Crown prince of leaking all the stuff, conspiracy to kill the crimson family etc... Which ends with him being sentenced to death. During the court battle Viktor gets shot in the arm, but because of his inability to his blood to clot he almost dies, Scarlett cries... They agree to spend a week together as a loving couple to see if it can still work.

They spend the week together, and essentially reconfirm their love, Viktor becomes completely devoted and constantly shows how much she loves her. They live in the house which Viktor had prepared when he thought she was pregnant. The royal family is basically overthrown and Viktor becomes the leader of the country. The mother and the ex lover try to basically reconcile with him, but he says screw you! Dedicates the throne to Scarlett, they void their divorce in a chapel, Scarlett releases new watches in her shop and is successful, and they live happily ever after.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Nanashy, Irishh, lembayung and 18 others like this.
  15. lavidaloca

lavidaloca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers!

1. So did Victor just end up living with the extreme pain from the pirate meds?
    2. What happened to Isaac after he turned himself in? Did he just end up in jail for life?
    3. How was Victor able to survive the blood clot issue after being shot at the end?
    4. What happened to Victor's parents at the end?
    5. Do they get revenge on the cops for torturing Scarlett?

16. elfesteem

elfesteem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Note: Take all my spoilers and answers with a grain of salt because I speed read all 180 ish chapters in about 3 hours XD

1. He stops using painkillers but suffers withdrawal symptoms, which Scarlett helps with. I don’t think there’s any more pain long term, he just got addicted to the meds afterwards.
    2. I didn’t understand the exact sentence, but he spends a little while in prison but will eventually get released
    3. The hospital treats him and he slowly recovers (if he didn’t have the issue it wouldn’t have been a serious injury, he just lost a lot of blood)
    4. I don’t really know, he just sort of dismisses his mother even though she thinks he got the throne for her and sort of abandons her?
    5. He feeds the chief investigator the same drug they gave Scarlett and he goes a bit crazy

17. Deleted member 422180

Deleted member 422180 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    More more more spoiler please!

18. niine37

niine37 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone have the side stories ?