Spoiler Things I Don't Know About You / I Don't Know You / 나는 너를 모른다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Macarol, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Summary:
    After an aspiring drama writer finds out her boyfriend has been cheating, he tells her "you are going to regret this!" Returning to her everyday life she is contacted by a Police detective who tells her that her ex-boyfriend and the woman he was having an affair with were found dead in a hotel in an apparent suicide. In the midst of such complications, unimaginable things begin to unfold...

Raws: https://www.comico.kr/content/home/36tb15qfdebf
    Official translation: Pocket Comics (via app)

Yukari_me likes this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. veihakase

veihakase [Lurker in BL Hell]

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone can spoil me after chapter 47? TvT

4. syofiaa

syofiaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls anyone can give us spoilers after chapter 47? :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

5. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have spot-mtl’ed the raws so my spoilers won’t be very detailed and might have some wrong assumptions. Also I believe that the source of raws I had didn’t have the full last chapter, because the ending was quite abrupt, so read at your own risk.

Also just a heads-up, it is not a romantic story in any way, there won’t be any romance between leads, only something similar to camaraderie and normal human trust, so don’t expect anything like that.
    Different platforms have different names, so giving both versions.

Lucky / Gamsa - our MC
    Terry / Jiho - ex boyfriend, was said to have died in the fire
    Mallory / Eungyeong - the ex’s “friend” who has died with him in the fire.
    Merlin / Joguo Kwon - Eungyeong’s boyfriend. I’ll call him ML, even though he’s not the male lead in a romantic sense.
    The whole story revolves around the bus accident that has happened during MC’s childhood.

A lot of the characters in the story have actually been involved in this accident anyhow and it has affected them in some way. MC was also a victim, but she’s the only one who’s lost her memory and only heard about it.

ML has been seeing ghosts since he was young and his mother has died a year after this ability manifested. He was living with his grandparents and they tried to help him by bringing to temples and shamans. Because of his ability he had a hard time socializing with others, because kids were afraid of him and adults thought he’s bringing bad luck. His granny was bribing kids with “allowance” to make them play with ML.

ML was a part of some buddhist youth camp where he has met a few kids from the first season and also he was in the same school and what looked like a club(?) as MC, Jiho and other kids from the bus accident.

MC and Jiho were the same age (around 6yo) and had a fight at school when he said that she didn’t have a father. MC has bitten Jiho and both have cried, and ML has calmed her down. Jiho was very possessive of MC at that time already, but she wanted to hang out only with “oppa” ML. This is why Jiho didn’t like ML.

One of the powerful shamans who was valued by the richest people in Korea was helping ML and guiding him. During one of their appointments this shaman was also talking with a powerful CEO when Jiho’s father appeared before them and started begging this CEO to invest into his company because they were going bankrupt. A 6-year Jiho was also there and recognized ML from their school. The CEO didn’t want to help Jiho’s father, a fight has started at some point and ML said that Jiho’s father has a grim reaper (or a ghost) attached to him. Jiho hates ML even more for scaring his father.

The father freaked out and left, his company went bankrupt, mother wanted a divorce because she knew that he has a young lover who is apparently a daughter of that big CEO from before (it’s the lady who’s currently his wife).

Jiho’s father gets a call from the CEO and he revealed that he’ll help because of his daughter and because he’s dying and needs a ritual to prolong his life. The ritual is supposed to exchange life force between 2 people so the CEO needs someone young. Jiho’s father doesn’t believe in this all, but just in case follows his lead, because he’ll get investment. He checks his son’s classmates and notices that Jiho is interested in MC.

So the day when Jiho would go on some field trip with his club(?) the father gives him 2 envelopes and says that one is for him to become “invincible” and another one should be given to a person with whom he wants to become friends.

Jiho secretly puts the “friendship” envelope into MC’s bag, and another one into his own, but another kid steals the “invincible” envelope because he’s curious or something. Then all kids settle down in the bus and MC asks to change places with someone and to sit with ML.

At some point the bus gets into an accident when a truck carrying wood loses the logs and they fly into the bus. A lot of children die.

At the time right after the accident ML somehow takes MC’s luck away (or he believes that it’s what he’s done), because he doesn’t want to die. He’s apologizing as a kid to MC’s mother for that, but I didn’t really understand the mtl, so maybe someone will reveal more details about that moment.

During the field trip the shaman from before is preparing the ceremony for the CEO, but something goes wrong (either because of the envelope or because of MC) and he dies on the spot. The shaman loses her powers at that time apparently as a punishment from gods because she was involved in this witchcraft.

After the accident all of the kids get separated and go to other schools or move to other neighbourhoods. All of them have some mental health problems.

If I understood correctly Jiho was seeing the ghost since that time, but never confesses this to anyone. He meets Eungyeong and 2 other kids from that time at some support group. Later he meets MC in middle school, one of the other kids is his instructor in the army and ML is Eungyeong‘s boyfriend. This is when he starts thinking that their meeting is not accidental, that fate is bringing them all together to have them dead as designed.

At some point he puts 2 and 2 together and realizes that his father was a part of witchcraft. He is sure that his father has killed all of the people on the bus and took Jiho’s lifespan for himself, and some of the survivors are still alive only by chance. So he has a grudge and wants a revenge on his father.
    I’ll spoil the rest in a few days. I need to re-read the part about the motel fire to understand the logic behind this whole setup. At the moment I don’t have enough pieces of the puzzle.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  6. EstellesStars

EstellesStars Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoiler!! I just wonder why Jiho and eungyeong hung out so much to the point ppl were thinking that he was cheating on the MC.

syofiaa and its0k like this.
  7. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I have spoiled previously Jiho, Eungyeong and a few other kids who survived the accident were participating in some support group. It looks like the glasses guy whose name is translated as "Another world" was able to see or hear spirits, also his younger brother with a similar name was the one who has stolen an envelope prepared by Jiho's father for Jiho, and he passed away during the accident.

It also looks like Eungyeong was able to sense (or hear) spirits. In the pieces that I've mtl'ed it wasn't really specified who could do what, so my interpretation might be wrong.

At the end of the mahwa Jiho can somehow induce dreams into people, but I'm not sure if it's his initial ability after the accident or something he has somehow managed to learn with some additional witchcraft and because a nasty spirit was after him.

Anyways Jiho was the one who was sure that they all are supposed to die because they all were somehow brought together even though after the accident they all moved to different neighborhoods. And when he figured out that his father was kinda behind the accident he started to plot to kill him or/and to meet a grim reaper and somehow exchange their life forces back as they were. Jiho was getting really crazy with time because he was afraid to die at any moment since the time he has realized what his father has done. The fact that he has seen the deaths of so many people while he was still young didn't help his mental health too.

The day of the fire in the hotel was the day when Eungyeong has failed to reconnect with her childhood girl friend from the first manhwa season. If you've read it you probably remember that she was hiding behind the corner of a building while her other girl friend (the attacker with the knife) from the support group was trying to convince the childhood girl friend to reconcile with Eungyeong. And that girl said a lot of nasty stuff which has hurt Eungyeong too much.

The 3 of the support group (Eungyeong, Jiho and the glasses guy) were supposed to meet in the hotel and try to summon a grim reaper and possibly kill Jiho's father at the same time. I've tried to mtl that part in many different apps and still I don't know what exactly their plan was.

What was said is that Jiho needed the other two people because they had an ability to hear/see the ghost while he didn't. The glasses guy mentions ML who could be a better choice to help, but Jiho says that he will realize their plan quickly and not allow it, so he doesn't want to approach him. As far as there was a huge pack of sleeping pills shown a few times, my guess would be that they all needed to go to sleep, Jiho would induce a dream and the other two would help him find a grim reaper in their dream. But it wasn't said directly and it's just what I try to rationalize to somehow understand the plan for myself.

That evening Eungyeong was still shocked by her ex-friend's harsh words and tried to talk to Jiho and the glasses guy. But Jiho was harsh with her saying that he's not her boyfriend to listen to her problems, and the glasses guy didn't really care. She was mumbling for herself that no one really loves her and no one needs her. And as we know from the first manhwa season this is something she wanted the most after her childhood trauma after the bus crash.

The 3 of them needed to wait until later at night to see the grim reaper, so they were just sitting there, Jiho was saying that the glasses guy should just take a nap until the right time. At some point Eungyeong went to take a shower and has KHS by slitting her wrists.

When they found her the glasses guy started freaking out that it will be put onto him because Jiho's father would save his son from a trouble. Jiho said that Eungyeong already had records of trying to KHS so it would be fine, but the glasses guy was freaking out too much, possibly because they were posessing sleeping pills and could have criminal charges for drugs (that's a guess, it wasn't explained why he freaked out so much). He also started accusing Jiho of setting him up, saying he dragged him and the whole support group into this and that possibly it was his plan all along, which really doesn't make sense to me unless it's connected to the phone texts that Jiho finds later.

Jiho got angry and smashed a chair onto the glasses guy head. He passes out. Then Jiho for some reason checks the glasses guy's phone and there he saw texts from him to Jiho's father saying that Jiho plans to kill him and what looked like blackmailing him by saying that if rumors go around about this his company will be in trouble and trying to extort money. My guess is that the glasses guy freaked out so much because he thought that the father and son duo are trying to set him up as Eungyeong's killer and drug dealer to get rid of him because of his prior blackmail. But again, nothing was said directly, just my assumptions.

Jiho gets angry and calls his father and the father wants for Jiho to just not cause any problems. He never acknowledges witchcraft. There was also a line about him having enough money or power to solve the problem with Eungyeong's su*cide only for one person which to me sounds like he's saying that the glasses guy would really be set up to take the blame.

The whole conversation was on the speaker, so when the glasses guy barely came to his senses and heard this he said he won't leave Jiho alone and will haunt and curse him forever. Jiho feeds him the sleeping pills they had, takes his clothes, leaves all of his documents there, puts the 2 of his peers together on the floor and starts the fire before escaping. He says something along the lines like if his father doesn't want to help and asks not to cause the trouble he will do the opposite and will cause the trouble to get the father clean up after him.

This is how he was claimed dead. Eungyeong became a spirit that was guiding ML and MC to save her childhood ex-friend from being killed by her support-group-friend (season 1). And the glasses guy became a spirit who was stalking MC because he knew she's important to Jiho. So the ghost haunting MC is not Jiho, but the glasses guy.
    They never were lovers and didn't have any romantic relationship. Jiho was using Eungyeong to proceed with his plans and Eungyeong wanted to be needed and liked too much, so she allowed others to use her as they wish. She once said to ML that likes to spend time with Jiho because he is very similar to her. After seeing the whole manhwa I think she meant not the aftereffects of the bus accident, but their obsessions. For a long time Eungyeong was almost obsessed with her childhood girl friend and with the idea of being loved by someone, while Jiho was obsessed with escaping death in all possible ways and also with getting MC all for himself.

My understanding is that he is a real-life creepy yandere, who was obsessed with MC since childhood and when he met her again and got a chance to make her his, he used that chance. But because of his really egotistical character and bad attitude he would have ruined this relationship even if there were no supernatural beings involved. After MC has broken up with him she has realized that she was very unhappy in their relationship, because Jiho was always putting her down and taking her love and affection for granted.
    The manhwa doesn't feel finished, but I checked the artist's blog and it really is supposed to have only 79 chapters. The source I used had the last chapter cut very abruptly, so the ending is unknown to me. I believe that there are just a few frames missing because from the artist's blog it sounded like they had a lot of issues with the serialization after the 1st season and were quite exhausted, so it could have been finished in a hurry just to end it somehow.

Season 2 is mostly focused on a middle school boy who is bullied by his classmates and somehow encounters the ghost of the glasses guy, who wants to take over his body. This arc is quite long and to be honest I feel like it was unnecessary. I imagine that the artist had a lot of ideas but got tired of the story somewhere around this arc and decided to wrap it up quickly.

After solving the stalking and almost stabbing case for Eungyeong's spirit and her disappearing MC and ML are witnesses on this case they encounter a cop who was actually also one of the survivors of the bus crash. It is revealed that he was either ML's or Jiho's instructor in the army, so the fate was trying to bring them together.

They encounter him once more when they for some reason go to a haunted building (I think looking for that ghost that is haunting MC, but I'm not sure, I've skipped a lot of the panels in the 2nd season). Around this time we see that Jiho is actually alive and is hiding under the name of the glasses guy's younger brother who died during the bus accident. Jiho talks to his father over the phone, and the man asks him to lay low and keep quiet. He says that Jiho should leave the city (and possibly the country), while the father will visit his mother from time to time and that he'll help with money. This angers the son. Jiho was also under constant surveillance assigned by his father and he manages to catch the guy, beat him and somehow blackmail him into letting go.

The father's new wife (dead CEO's daughter) knows that her husband is vising his ex wife often and threatens him that she'll take all his power and money. She says it's her who gave him everything, and that he looked cool when he was crying and begging her father for help. She looks crazy and the father is pissed. He interrogates his employee who was tailing Jiho and demands him to find him again.

During this time from Jiho's words it also becomes clear that he was showing MC some hints in her dreams, e.g. the case with the stalker that she's seen in season 1. Now if I understood correctly he was also trying to hint her not to go to the haunted building, but she went anyways.

There she and ML encounter a group of middle school students and there they meet the cop from before once again as he's a part of some voluntary patrol. They all get dragged into a dream-illusion by the ghost, solve the bullying case of the students and learn a few things about the ghosts.

First, the ghosts can't enter your body without you allowing it.
    Second, some of them make illusions, but they are similar to dreams, so you can go out of this illusion because it's basically your dream - your rules. This is why MC is just drawing an imaginary door and can go out and bring people with her.

ML manages to seal the glasses guy's ghost in his hand for some time. When they get out of the illusion the scaffolding in the haunted building collapses and they get hurt a bit. MC is in a hospital, but it doesn't look like she has any serious injuries. ML is feeling guilty that it's his fault, here comes up a story about him taking her luck to survive in the bus crash which isn't really explained properly and sounds like he thought it was his fault and that he has brought this upon everyone, while in reality it is not. I don't remember if it was during the bus crash flashback or from when ML was at the shaman's house and encountered Jiho's father, but one of the grim reapers said a strange thing. He said that ML is living despite the world rules and that he can see the ghosts because his name is not written in the book of fate (or similar thing). And that the grim reaper will let him be for now, but he can erase ML any time.

Anyways it has left a huge impression on ML. In one of the flashbacks after the bus crash he is apologizing to MC's mother and sister for getting her hurt because of the above reasons. He hasn't told MC this story yet, so he thinks it's better to tell her and leave, because he expects her to get angry and cut ties with him. So when she gets discharged from the hospital she gets a call from ML saying that he's dangerous for her, telling it was his fault that she was in the bus crash and that he's going to the shaman's place.

She doesn't really react much to his words and only wants to encourage him and to go to the shaman together, but he says he's already leaving at the train station. MC encounters a ghost she's seen before that was quite angry at ML at that time, and he says he'll help her to move through space to ML if she gets his request fulfilled. He can't do anything without MC's permission and he can't lie because there are some rules, so she agrees. His request wasn't very clear, but it sounded like he wanted to be summoned when ML gets to the final battle / has his role fulfilled. Anyways MC comes to the station just in time, says ML shouldn't feel guilty etc.

They come to the shaman's village and while ML goes to buy something for MC to drink Jiho appears and they have a fight. She realizes he was alive all this time and has brought so much grief to his mother. He tries to play it cool and kiss her, but she freaks out and they continue a fight. ML comes in time and they continue fighting. Here the shaman woman comes out of her house and brings them in and makes them cook the food.

In this part we learn that the CEO who has died before was the shaman's brother, the only sibling she had, this is why she decided to help him save his life with witchcraft. And it didn't work, and moreover she has lost the favor of the gods and can't hear them anymore.

At some point the glasses guy spirit sealed in ML's arm gets unsealed and drags ML into a dream. There he shows what has happened in the hotel fire. Here we see that ML genuinely cared for Eungyeong and didn't know she had any power. He was crying at how unfair Jiho has treated her and how he dragged her into his mess. He also says that Jiho hasn't changed since childhood, he's still as twisted and egotistical person as he was. ML suffers mentally during this illusion and is almost ready to allow the glasses guy's spirit to take over his body. But here MC suddenly appears in his dream to save him. She was taught by the shaman how to do it. Following her Jiho also enters it. The glasses guy spirit is unhappy, shows MC her forgotten memory, but somehow they manage to stop him. Jiho says that he'll go to kill his father. When MC wakes up he's already left. He was found by one of his father's subordinates at the shaman's house, so I think he might have left using the ghost's powers.

Around this time the cop was checking Jiho's address where he was living under the glasses guy brother's name. He was previously told by the girl-assaulter from season 1 that she was instigated to attack Eungyeong's friend by Jiho, who is hiding under this new name. So the cop went to investigate and was relying his findings over the phone to MC.

In a few days MC and ML met on the street and it was the same intersection where the bus accident has previously happened. The cop was also there. And right before their eyes a huge truck has crashed into the car, where Jiho's father was driving. He died on the spot and his ghost was wandering around not realizing he's dead. When he saw MC and ML who saw him he wanted to attack them, but ML has stopped it. And then a lot of grim reapers appeared and said that the father won't have it easy because of how many innocent children he has killed. Here Jiho appears and says that he's done as the shaman told him and offered his father's life as a replacement. MC is almost disgusted by Jiho, but he says that things have gotten back to normal as they should have been.

At that time grim reapers switch to ML and say they need to look at his life records. They want to know why one of the grim reapers granted him life and another has exempt him from death. ML starts suffering and one of his eyes gets black.

Jiho is trying to drag MC away by saying she shouldn't mind and what if she gets swept away because of this. MC says that she was shocked by his and Eungyeong's deaths and person who has helped her to overcome it was ML. So she won't allow him to leave before her.

This is where the raws I've seen end are ending.

It's kinda clear that Jiho will probably go to jail for setting up his death now that his father is not there to help anymore and that the cop knows he's alive and can arrest him right there on the spot. But I wonder what will happen with ML and MC. ML is a broken person in so many ways, but he still stays honest and righteous, that it would really be devastating if anything bad happens to him. MC is also fine in this story, just maybe a bit annoying because of her Mary Sue attitude.
    If anyone has read the full last chapter and knows whether there are side stories I would appreciate the info on how it's ended.

Shoshi and Korleone like this.
  8. mewsoik

mewsoik New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is my first time commenting/replying so i dont know if im doing this right! first off, i went through the whole thing but didnt mtl cus i was SO LAZY so thank you so so so much for sharing!
    so i read the raw on comico korea and the last chapter was chapter 80 (14 in ss3?) i didint actually mtl but i think what happened was
    so after the whole ML, MC, Jiho being pulled into the space, it somehow ended with them reappearing back but in the water. ML was still almost possessed by the glasses guy and MC tried to save him but jiho stopped her. she was still trying to save him afterwards so i think jiho went to the ghost and was like come to me instead (didnt tl) and said (mtl!) that girl is better off without me. and he disappeared. i think he truly loves gamsa but his love was really twisted. and i think the shaman died? gamsa and ML went to visit(?) her house and it ended with them driving back. and there’s no side stories!!

Shoshi and its0k like this.
  9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for sharing! ❤️
    Not gonna lie, I totally didn’t expect this from Jiho, he has done so many evil things just to get a chance to finally live that it’s a very unexpected sacrifice.

I think the author was probably planning to show way more, but got burned out somewhere around mid season 2 and had to finish as is, without much explanations. On the other hand I’ve also not mtl’ed everything, just major panels, so maybe for a Korean native speakers all those SFX and small dialogues were already enough to understand leads properly and expect an ending like this.