Discussion things you hate in ch/kr/jp novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by dubfighter, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing and Raping is very normal in current reality, you live in a developed country , you are really the minority in this world top 10%.
    You live a sheltered life.
    In fact there's more killing and raping nowdays , because weapons/drugs are more efficient.
    In medieval warfare , you'd get wounded rarely killed.
    WW2 alone probably had more casulties and raped people than all of history before it.

Enemies are usually aristocratic kids who have never been challenged, however if MC faces against someone who isn't aristocracy raised on potions ect, there's usually mutual respect to a degree.
    The attitude of the opponents goes hand in hand with the setting. It's more attractive when MC finally gets to fight someone with half a brain.

I hate repetition in oriental novels, they seem to drill the same points over and over again until you puke.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. dubfighter

dubfighter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well maby, even if its true u should also expect nobles have a better brain in the novels if they grew up with all sorts of learning and knowledge but still almost all young masters are as dumb as a brick.
    so u should expect some smart ideas from them tbh.

3. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    Young masteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers are annoying.

FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  4. AsuraKiss

AsuraKiss Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    JP novel: OP MC *Becomes F class adventurer after being reincarnated* after a few chapter *Becomes A class adventurer and obtains a harem of Loli*... (´ . .̫ . `)
    CH novel: *Wild Young Master appears*"Hmph Trash do you think you can defeat me with that trash cultivation?" *MC snorts picks up a branch and smashed the face of the young master* *Wild Young Master is Angry* *Young Master activated his trump card* tut tut tut~ "Father 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。 i need back up" *roger that*... something like that.
    KR novels...... GIVE ME A GOOD ENDING!(# ゚Д゚)

5. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many novels skip the most interesting social interactions, just because they are harder to write good. Often you'll just get a small timeskip and the narrator will tell you how the situation ended.

Also after ~150 chapters many novels make the MC to a side character for a long time; he barely gets screentime for a while.

Tournament arcs often spend too much time (for my taste) on stuff like:
    Random Super Awesome Powerful Guy #1 vs. Random Super Awesome Powerful Guy #3,
    Random Super Awesome Powerful Guy #3 vs. Random Super Awesome Powerful Girl #7,
    Random Super Awesome Powerful Guy #84 vs. Random Guy #5
    Super Awesome Powerful Love Interest #2 vs. Random Super Awesome Powerful Horny & Jealous Guy #1
    etc.

Somehow I am just not that interested in all those unimportant characters. I mostly want to read from the MCs PoV, but when - for whatever reason - I ever start to care about some random PoV.... I can bet all my money on the fact that the character won't get any screentime from now on... And the MC won't get his screentime, too... Probably some background plot developement will start. (random young masters faters sworn brother is unsatisfied that MC didn't give up some random hot girl who smiled while standing next to the MC... and he even courted death by defending himself from weaponized attacks on his vitals and accidently broke said young masters pinky fingernail)

Oh... and things like:

MC uses kick.
    2 paragraphes why only MC can use kick in this one situation
    3 random discussions which would probably take longer than the whole fight
    MC misses kick
    Opponent is startled
    Everybody else is shocked
    MC waits to let opponent recover to start 1-2 lines of trashtalk
    MC uses kick with special technique
    BOOM!
    3 paragraphs telling me why that kick was special even though I should know it, since I read the novel up to this point... but maybe I forgot since the last chapter where it was repeated 3 times....

Edit: My first novels were LMS (kr) and ISSTH (CN)... so I absolutely hate MCs who don't appropriately (= always) loot their fallen enemies.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  6. FunkyWizard0304

FunkyWizard0304 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate tournament arc`s

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  7. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    KR : Mc with younger sister i have enough with this shit setting , Money grubber mc i hate all of them like weed from lms and mc from overgeared ( the definition of money grubber in kr novel are too STRONK for me compare to cn and jp it like heaven and earth )

CN : Seperation bullshit, something like mc girl disappear for hundred chapter or even more

JP : BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA everywhere

Even lots of repeating young master in cn don't triggered me at all

8. yexiu

yexiu Daoist No-life

Reading List:
    Link
    JP - Childish MC
    CH - MC offend everyone and cry that he has many enemies that want to harm him/his family
    KR - Didint read many of them yet.

9. nakimushi

nakimushi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    JP - wish fulfillments plots, plot armour
    CN - hypocrite main characters; antagonists doing this are evil, dishonourable and vile but I'm righteous when I do it.

10. Rubrum

Rubrum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    JP: Cooking. School councils. Beaches.
    CH: Genocide. 2D Villains. Repetition. Smacking lips.
    KR: Waiting for Dungeon Defense.

11. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me see....JP novels in general with a few exceptions .... NTR ...baaaad harems ...fall in love in 5 seconds plot ....stupid plot and stupid characters \o/

12. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Amnesia I despise that shit mechanic. Even though my favorite handheld jrpg Radiant Historia uses it. I still hate that lame memory loss crap.

Stupid characters

13. devilsun

devilsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get it if people hate harem because the characters are forgotten and whatnot but if u hate harem just because its not realistic and whatever you are dumb. It has existed for so long and generally acceptable to said era ( not sure about now ) . anyway,

JP : Dumb mc , beta shit , blushing uncontrollably , too much filler / slice of life / fluff shit . I like their side characters development tho , rarely if ever side charas got forgotten.
    CN : Copy pasta young master , 0 side character development most of the time ,too much info dump sometimes , overstayed its welcome ( too long sometimes). Power level is really great in CN and the fight is great too
    KR : Money grubber , self centered shit , being OP the fastest out of all 3. I like KR pacing the most , almost no filler and the chapter count is the best out of 3

14. odernatter

odernatter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you would probably hate chinese culture. "Face" is a very important factor within it so it can't be ignored.

Personaly I don't like supposidly strong female characters happily agree to participate in harem of some asshole. Even if they love them, why they don't compete and all agree to share? It's not within women psychology at all. That makes those characters look artificial.

15. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    JP-WUSS
    CN-RETARD
    KR-BAD ENDING(A Monster who levels up)

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate it when the story has a genre I dislike, but then I don't read the novel and don't complain about it~

>.>
    <.<

Well, I barely read anything these days, so that's about as much as I can hate... >.>

17. Azriel

Azriel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ALL: Harems
    JP: Japan Nationalism, especially how bringing Japanese culture and cooking is gods gift to other world. I love isekai novels and bringing technology and culture to other worlds, just hate the nationalism.
    CH: How MC goes from humble person to being an arrogant dick.

Lurker of the dark likes this.
  18. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese~ rape

Japanese~ overuse/mention of tsukkomi
    Korean. Plus that laziness in characters who don’t do anything when it’s a small issue and wait until it turns into something major before they do something. Idiots~

Korean~ hmm can’t think of anything specific. The mc’s character/personality perhaps. They can be selfish self absorbed cunts.

For all three I hate harems that are just stupid. I’m not a big fan of harem but I can accept it if it’s written well and the numbers are reasonable. But it’s just ridiculous when every single girl gets added. Or when the mc says he likes 1 girl throughout the novel. But then towards the end out of nowhere he’s like I’ll accept you all. That’s fucking retarded!

19. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Hur hur hur, this is a question answered in the NUF survey! https://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs/nu-survey-results-lifestyle.1367/

20. serenita

serenita Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost no normal MC. Either too arrogant or too dumb or too dense, herbivores, and dense, seeking problem with young master, etc etc..

dubfighter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.