Discussion Things you want to never end?

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by River, Dec 17, 2017.

1. River

River Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is Claymore so magnificent?
    I just reread this in one day and I think it's a masterpiece that everyone should read at least once in their life(assuming they enjoy manga and have no aversion to gory combat-oriented ones) Of course I'm probably feeling more strongly about it right now cause I just read it but still, it's p good.
    Does anyone here have mangas or books or shows etc. that just leave them with a sense of loss and amazement for what they just read? Or stories you wish would never end? Although half the time it's the ending that makes those stories so much more powerful....
    For me some manga ones: Holyland, Hana to Akuma, Gash Bell, The Friendly Winter (Korean webtoon) etc.
    List some of the ones you can read over and over again
    This post is mostly me just trying to throw my passions at other people, but yea Claymore is fabulous, as is Angel Densetsu (same author).
    Literally was sad about my first rejection from a college yesterday and reading this took it all away... considering I read it one day though... I probably couldve done anything to be more productive.

Sorry about my grammar and the lengthy post, to those who got this far, i'm impressed

Anon2.0, Kin, CyberCypher and 3 others like this.
  2. Ananse

Ananse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish Mizkumaki Satoshi's trio of works would never end

Hoshi no Samidare
    Spirit Circle
    Sengoku Youko

The worst part? They all ended strongly maybe with Sengoku Youko as the exception so I can't really imagine the story continuing because the stories were wrapped up really well...but I still wish they'd never end.

Anon2.0 and runsing like this.
  3. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Holyland Best manga (not sure which language variant it is) I have read. Impacts those who have various family issues heavily, decent action, and plot.
    Gamaran was one i truly enjoyed as well, but its your simple, sword action type story, not to much on the emotional side.

4. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link

Don't use 'and' between 'enjoy manga' and 'no aversion to gore'. I enjoy manga without the blood and guts tyvm...

Though this sounds weak considering I'm using an Akumetsu avatar...

5. River

River Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I somehow thought having no aversion to gore was a bit of a requirement for Claymore specifically, not saying you can't enjoy manga without blood and guts :)

That's the problem, the stories that we don't want to end are only so because they end so well. Although I'm sure some of y'all can find stories that end at a bad spot but are still wonderful. But for the most part, if a story has a crappy ending, it's not the one that leaves me needing more.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2017
  6. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    A really good barbecue should never end

PS Didn't realize that this was in manga discussion MB

Boricua Lunar and UnGrave like this.
  7. River

River Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I really liked Gamaran as well, it's not really a huge emotional impact, but you get attached to the characters and like i've mentioned a few times already, it has a good ending, and the end is often what really sticks.
    Of course if the middle isn't good enough to get you to the end, that's different.
    I don't know if anyone has seen the movie Adaptation, but one of the characters mentions, that to make a great movie, even if the rest is crap, as long as the ending is good, it'll be a success.

8. River

River Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh i put it in manga cause that's what i talked about first, but it can open up. I agree completely, although bbq have lost a lot of their appeal for me ever since I stopped eating meat... Parties, and good meals... they should never end

9. RandomEnchanter

RandomEnchanter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    my money and my life. . . .

ps: no matter how nice the story or the art it maybe. . .
    it still need to end. . .
    haaaaaaa

11. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish slam dunk would end with sakuragi reaching the top and goes international. And made it clear with his 53rd confessions.

Lazybum0 and chamchaworld like this.
  12. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm conflicted when it comes to serialization. Sometimes it goes right, and I'm entertained by something that's always fresh and new. However people tend to be only able to come up with so many ideas, and most long going manga seem to enter some kind of repetitive cycles and go stale.

At least, this is what I think right now. Not long ago, I was just eating anything up regardless of repetition, so it really depends on the person and the mood. Otherwise we wouldn't have serialized manga.

13. Atl92

Atl92 [God] [Devil] [Hero] [Monster]

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I really enjoyed Cage of Eden but it got cancelled and was rushed ending...there's that. Then there's Psyren which also had a rushed ending after getting cancelled...Wait wtf is wrong with Japan why do they keep axing good manga?!?!?! :mad::blobangery::blobdevil:

14. otoshi-god

otoshi-god "Alive";[False Illusionist]

Reading List:
    Link
    pewdi.... wait, wrong question :v
    Danmachi
    Net Neutrality
    TWGOK (it ended already but....)
    Gaming Comunity

15. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember some animes like Mahouka which made me felt empty when it cut off before the romance kicked *cough* *cough*, but I'm unable to remember most of it now. Though Code Geass still has a deep impression even now, probably due to the fact that it was the first that made me shed manly tears.

16. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    To love-ru because of Momo
    Uwakoi

17. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Wheel of Time series... it was my childhood.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  18. void

void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When i first read The Kingkiller Chronicles i wanted it to never end.
    At this point however, I'd be grateful if The Doors of Stone came out and the series ended as soon as possible.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  19. Kokuyasou

Kokuyasou 黒夜葬

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite liked the manga Double Arts, but god did it get axed so damn quickly just when it was getting to the plot too:blob_coughblood:

20. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    The world god only knows, Boku no hero academia, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san and hatsukoi zombie
    the first one ended already but I wanted it to continue the other 3 are still going strong so I'm happy about that and I wish they would continue