Discussion Thinking of writing a novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Bloodmoon10756, Jun 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloodmoon10756

Bloodmoon10756 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking of writing a novel like the villainess reincarnation ones but the person is from america and not japan so she's super confused as to why it happened to her. She reincarnated into a novel world where the villainess and her father try to take over a kingdom but fail and get sentenced to death. When she regains her memories (as a child) she realizes that the only reason that happened was because her father is one of those SUPER doting parents and only wanted to make her happy after the prince rejected her for another girl.

So what do you think? Does it sound interesting enough for me to give it a shot?

Selviata likes this.
  2. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Go for it. Idea doesn't really matter, what matters is the written story out of it

Jaded likes this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to Scribble Hub and create an account then.

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    go write it~
    start as short story, then if ya feel plenty idea to continue go to series~

5. Phreasilva

Phreasilva Gluttonous Prick that doesn't get Fat

Reading List:
    Link
    Asking us if it is interesting or not, doesn't matter at all. Writers are awesome because of the 7 billion, few could really do it.

6. Phreasilva

Phreasilva Gluttonous Prick that doesn't get Fat

Reading List:
    Link
    Write it.

7. Bloodmoon10756

Reading List:
    Link
    OK! So I have the title of the series up already but no chapters yet on Scribble Hub. It's gonna be called. Just Because I Have A Doting Father Doesn't Mean That I'm A Villainess. Wish me luck! XD

Selviata likes this.
  8. Vermouth

Vermouth Older but none the wiser.

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck! Villainess novels are a pretty big trend right now and any novel with "villainess" in the title will probably attract a few interested clicks. I think the premise isn't the most unique but a lot of times it's about the execution. You got this :blob_pompom:

Lovina and Bloodmoon10756 like this.
  9. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    You should give it a shot. I also think about writing stories myself, but fortunately I have a tendency to quit after a few tens of thousands of words. One of these days I'm going to actually finish one of them. I promise...

Anyways, I'm currently working on one with 40,000 words about a scientist who dies in some experiment, and ends up Isekaied to a magical world where he makes his way using his scientific knowledge despite his poor magical talent. Hopefully I'll actually finish this one. Actually maybe I should be working on that right now instead of doing this... hmmm, not a good sign...

10. Bloodmoon10756

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like it would be an awesome novel to read! Is it up on a site or are you just writing it on your computer? Also, it's good to take breaks on this site. Get those creative juices flowing by reading good light novels! Lol

11. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, your idea seems promising as well. Right now I only have a file on google docs. I'm going to have to do a lot of editing before it's fit for consumption.

Bloodmoon10756 likes this.
  12. fteg123

fteg123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Write it out and get your ideas across. Whether that may be one person or a general audience.
    The idea in your head will be completely different from the first draft. The first draft would be different from the first edit. And the X amount of editing would change how the finalized manuscript will look like.
    Congrats on taking the first steps of becoming a writer. The road of commitment and deadlines is only the beginning. Mistakes will be made (ie. missing deadlines, grammar errors, etc), but you should learn, embrace and head on forward. In the middle of your journey, you should look back and reflect on these feelings on why you wanted to start writing in the first place, By the end of your journey, whether completed or cut short, you should embrace the fact that you stayed committed to your craft and goals. Whatever is beyond that, is up to you.
    Now, stop daydreaming and write the damn thing. It won't write by itself and the finish line is still miles away.
    BTW: This post has been edited five times.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Nuzlocke likes this.
  13. Bloodmoon10756

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I love this post. Thank you for writing this! I have just finished the first chapter on Scribble Hub and came to share it on this thread for you guys to see what I'm going for. Thank you for your encouragement! ^_^

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/...ting-father-doesnt-mean-that-im-a-villainess/

fteg123 likes this.
  14. Bloodmoon10756

Reading List:
    Link
    I have four chapters so far! :X3::X3::X3: XD

15. Deleted member 193678

Deleted member 193678 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Write a short story. Try to get it sold/published. Repeat.

16. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it have to be an isekai?

What about the setting? Why does everything happen? How does her father go to trying to take over the kingdom because the prince picked another girl?

If you're actually serious about publishing this, I feel like you should try to avoid the issues other similar stories have. If that makes sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.