Spoiler This Bastard is Too Competent

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    xxlarge.jpg

Title:
    서자가 너무 잘한다
    Novel Link: Official Novel Raws: Author: 싸우전드
    Artist: 타탐 | Tatam
    Year: 2020
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Shounen

Description:

He was the one who would become the greatest monarch in history.

“The spot you had climbed once, there’s nothing you can’t climb again.”

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    I compiled all the spoilers that were posted in the novel's thread on the NU Pickup forum.

Credits to: @Julieta16 from the Novel Pickup Forum who provided all these spoilers.

1- King Elaine Kainstein : MC´s Father
    2- 1st Prince: The one who died by a ridiculous accident
    3- 2nd prince: the one who is humilated by MC and has the duke of Lavaltor
    4- 3rd prince: The one who deal with MC like a human in his previous life, and the one who has the facton of knights as suporter
    5- 4th prince: A confucius who wants the throne
    6- 5th prince: A cardinal from the holy empire
    7- 7th Prince: MC: age 12 or 11 since its MTL it doesn´t specify: In his past life was suported by duke of Gacia
    8- 1st Princess: Irene: She create her facton with marquis ( don´t remenber his last name but is the father of Natan
    9- 2nd Princess: she is suported by the workers of finance in the imperial palace and doesn´t want the crown just want to be a prime minster
    10- 3rd Princess: Huhuhuhu?? who is it? you will know later
    11- The empress: what do u think she will be like a bitch? or an angel???
    12- Duke lavaltor: Has comand over soldiers
    13- Duke Garcia: Over the wealth
    14- Duke Adria: Over strategies
    15- Karan: third son of Garcia and the aide of MC
    16- 1st son of Garcia:thee one who will bring trobles
    17: 2nd son of Garcia: MC will save his life late but not for free
    18:1st son of Lavaltor: one of MC knights (not remebering his name)
    19- 1st daughter of Lavaltor: Fiance of the 2nd prince now
    20- Natan son of a marquis who follow Gton because he admires him
    21- Galton a commoner who has made his way to be one of the strongest knights of Kainstein
    22- Layla Mom of MC
    I will put others later but this are the principals

1. Will there be romance? - @Raebit

No, its not romance of the protagonist, but there will be romance of the people around him.
    Thought the history only focus in his abvance of being a monarch is really nice
    currently in ch 208

the king sincerely loves his mother
    there will be a political partner as his wife, what I like about this is, that is realist because they are not interested in love, but they want to do it because is the best option

He will have 3 knight, one is his son-in-law because he will marry the 1st princess by the way her name is Irene (believe me that i really didn´t know her name all this time because they only call them by their title), another is the brother-in-law because His sister will marry our ML (although they won´t give us her wedding), and another is the most loyal man he has, it´s name is: Gallon in MTL
    The truth is that his first life was very unfortunate, because he was a slave and did not know anything, they only used him, but he didn´t do just nothing, he was learning and improving himself, but they put many traps in the first life, and since he didn´t have an adult to protect him, he lost many things
    For example, in the first chapters he says that he has no talent in swordsmanship, but that´s not the case, what happens is that they gave him some magic candles to steal his talent, (that´s the duke)

AND ANOTHER IMPORTANT THINGS IS: DON´T TRUST THE COVER
    IT´S A SCAM, IT HIT ME PRETTY HARD:censored::ROFLMAO::whistle:

4. Is nathan gonna be his knight?? im sorry i dont get it in part about his knight is his son in law? - @Eudora

Sorry, i make a mistake is his brother in law, because he will marry the 1st princes

4. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope this get a manwha adaptation

shadow83, Fellyciach and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  5. karevamp

karevamp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler thread~! <3 would like to know how the cover is a scam and to not trust it. So curious~! Explanation please? :)

shadow83, Xu Zhiqing and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  6. Ed Elric

Ed Elric Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ada yang punya link versi mtlnya ga?

7. Fellyciach

Fellyciach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the second volume (chapter 50), and from what I gathered so far, I think the 3 knights will be Gallon, Nathan, and Fiosen (I'm not sure if I got his name right because I mtl it. Anyway, he's the first son of Duke Lavaltor, the rival of Duke Garcia.) I think Nathan is going to marry the first princess and our MC is going marry the daughter of Duke Lavaltor. She used to be the second prince's fiancé, but after the duke found out about his hobby of torturing people (courtesy to our mc of course), he asked the king to cancel the engagement and he withdrew his support for the second prince. It was also mentioned that in the first timeline, the duke's daughter was tortured by the second prince in his secret torture chamber.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  8. Heavenly Flowers

Heavenly Flowers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you read it??? ::blobcatsmile::

9. Fellyciach

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought the book from google play book. But you have to mtl it chapter by chapter if you can't read korean. There's a 10 book in total. Now I'm currently reading the third book.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    Heavenly Flowers likes this.
  10. Fellyciach

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the third volume (chapter 75). So I think I'll share the short summary here.

- After Ian legitimation ceremony, he managed to get a bunch of artifacts of the first king.
    - The first princess was outraged and she requested for all of them to do a ranking battle (basically to determine their ranking in the battle of the throne).
    - The king agreed, so the ranking battle was scheduled.
    - The king gave Ian the crystal palace, which is a palace where the current king stayed when he was still a prince. And of course it made everyone jealous. Especially the first princess (she's truly a b*tch). So they asked Ian to do some kind of test to determine if he's qualified to be the owner of crystal palace and they made the test ridiculously difficult, but of course our mc managed to pass the test with ease.
    - Ian has 3 knights at this point, Gallon, Nathan and Fiosen (the son of Duke Lavaltor). Actually he only asked Fiosen to serve him for one year but I think he'll end up become his permanent knight. Anyway, he got him after he made a deal with Duke Lavaltor (he exposed the second prince's crime).
    - Duke Lavaltor was very angry when he found out that the second prince was a cruel man. Especially about his torturing chamber. So he asked the king to cancel the engagement. But it was a sacred promise between Duke Lavaltor and royal family so it couldn't be cancel easily. But there's no saying that it has to be the second prince. So the king offered him to choose the other prince. Then unsurprisingly the duke asked for Ian. This made the Duke of Garcia very angry. So not to get him even more angry, Ian gave him a vague answer. And that they should talk about it again after the ranking battle because he could die any moment, so not to tarnish the Duke's daughter name. (Fyi, she's 16, so she's like 6 years older than Ian? Honestly I forgot Ian's age. Lol..)
    - Then it was decided that Ian would be the host for a foreign envoy from the empire. They apparently likes to eat dragon dishes. (Who the hell eat a dragon? Ahh, I have a soft spot for dragon because of TOCF)
    - The first princess sabotaged Ian's job by buying all the available dragon and wyvern's meat in the market. (It was of a poor quality tho)
    - So Ian went out to hunt dragon with his knights and soldiers but they ended up saving the dragon that was wreaking havoc due to brainwashing (it was the work of a mages from magic continent). He also ended up beating up the mages because he knew a lot of their tricks after fighting with them in a war in his first life.
    - At first the dragon promised to help him once if he call then he also promised to give him his tail (apparently it could grow back because dragon is also a lizard).
    - On the way back, they encountered some problem. The marquis of Adelas (Nathan's father) blocked the road, so it was most likely for Ian to be late for the party and the first princess could take on his job. Yes, Marquis Adelas was on first princess side, but Nathan was like a rebel child so he didn't care about his family. The reason he became a knight of Duke Garcia was because he thought Gallon was cool (I don't know why but it reminds me of JK of BTS. I mean the reason of him choosing Bighit was because he thought RM was cool. If you know what I mean. Lol...). (Fyi, the b*tch, I mean the first princess had a crush on Nathan)
    - So he called the dragon, and he asked him for his tail, but he told the dragon that he wanted to eat it fresh, so he also asked for delivery service. Ian and his 3 knights ended up riding on a dragon (the knights reaction were hilarious, they had a motion sickness). Then the dragon cried that he didn't want to cut his tail if possible because it hurt, Ian agreed, but he had other plan.
    - He made quite an impression by riding on a dragon. It was reminiscent of the first king who made a pact with a dragon.
    - As promised, he served a dragon dishes. (The appetizer was a clear soup, but it was actually a soup made from dragon's footbath water. The dragon really enjoyed the bath. They also did mani pedi, and the cut off dragon's nails was made into a dish. Then there's also this one dishes where the dragon chew on something and spit it out. I think it's kinda like swallow's nest.)
    - The envoys were very impressed by Ian, and they even offered Ian a marriage proposal with their beloved youngest princess.
    - The second prince request for Ian to be his match in the ranking battle. It was a 3 vs 3 battle. So there'd be 3 matches with Ian and 2 of his knights. It was also said that the winner could ask 3 things from the loser.
    - It was found out that the second prince had an ability to brainwash people even without their knowing.
    - Apparently he brainwashed Ian's knights, but Ian broke the brainwashing.
    - The day of the match, Ian won 2 out of 3 matches, so he won.
    - The second prince was very angry but he couldn't do anything about it.
    - Ian's requests :
    1. The second prince had to give his palace including his attendances and servants inside of it to Ian.
    2. He asked the second prince to take off all of his clothes that he wore right now. (It was seemed to be to humiliate him, but his real purpose was the necklace that he wore. Apparently there's something about the necklace that made the first princess couldn't kill the second prince. I think it holds the first princess' secret.)
    3. He asked the prince to apologize to his knights (I think it's about the brainwashing), and he also asked him to kneel down. So can you imagine how miserable he looked? He was naked and he still had to kneel and apologize.
    - That's the end of volume 3.

I'm sorry but I'm not good at making summary, but you can ask me if there's anything that you want to ask. I'll try to answer it as long as I know the answer. Anyway, I'll start reading the 4th book soon. So maybe I can give more spoilers after I finished it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  11. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks you sis

12. Glutton idiot

Glutton idiot Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers honestly I thought Ian would marry the 1st princess because that’s what Juliet said I guess she got it wrong since she don’t know English well or just because of the mtl

13. Fellyciach

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope.. They're basically sibling, but with different mom. Anyway, after reading a lot of historical novel, I found that a Duke's daughter usually also called a princess. As I've said before, Duke Lavaltor's daughter was the strongest candidate for Ian's wife so far (I'm currently reading book 5).

I don't know why, but at this point, the fact that the mc is too op and everything always goes his way is starting to get on my nerves. Honestly, I don't even know why the mc's isn't the god of this world coz he has the most op skills and was the smartest and most strategic person in the world. Like everyone else are like toddlers in front of a mental powerhouse. I mean, I really do like this novel, it was just at this point the mc's awesomeness makes him lack the depth of a character. It just became ridiculously unrealistic.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  14. Glutton idiot

Glutton idiot Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew the duke daughter is called the princess but I usually mixed them up a LOT
    Wait ml becoming too op oh no is he becoming those harm protagonist

15. Fellyciach

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, sadly he became too op at this point. There's nothing that went wrong, everything went exactly as he want if not better.

I'm going to share some spoiler about all his achievement up till the latest chapter I've read. (I haven't finish volume 5 yet.)

- After Ian took all second prince's possession, the first princess and third prince went to visit Ian and offered him a deal.
    - First princess secret had something to do with a ring of oath that Ian got from the second prince, as for the third prince, apparently his nanny was taken hostage by second prince.
    - All the competitor in the battle of the throne would go to northern expedition and the one who earn the most merit will win.
    - The first princess was the commander of this expedition, so she offered Ian the position of vice commander along with 100 troops, while the third prince offered him 100 troops and archers if I'm not mistaken.
    - During the expedition he met the crown prince of the Kantum Empire, and they had a quarrel. They made a bet, the loser have to treat the winner as the older brother and swear allegiance to them. Of course our mc won splendidly.
    - By the way if you haven't know yet, the northern expedition is about guerilla war with Bahara Kingdom (the land of barbarians). They're the one who always fighting with Lavaltor Duchy.
    - The second princess offered an alliance with Ian. She actually doesn't really want to be a king. But she wants to be the first female prime minister instead. So if Ian become a king, she wants to be his prime minister. She's also very smart and has a lot of connections with blacksmith.
    - The expedition started. First, Ian and his cavalry got to ride on Blue King horse. It was a very superior horse with gigantic size that a spear and arrow can't penetrate. Their color is blue. Apparently there's a curse on them, they would die if they leave the Lavaltor land. But of course Ian knew the cure so he could use them for his expedition.
    - Ian managed to capture Prince Olak, the heir to the throne in Bahara Kingdom. He also managed to get their weapon (catapult), it was a weapon sponsored by the crown prince of Kantum Empire.
    - Long story short, Ian managed to get Prince Olak to swear allegiance to him by promising him that he'd shed as little blood as possible and blah3. He gave Ian his flag. (Their individual flag means a lot, it's about their culture)
    - Then he managed to annihilated almost 5000 enemy soldiers at once by using traps (courtesy to second princess)
    - The commander of the enemy troops was very famous, his name was Yamanta. Anyway, Bahara is a land of warriors so they worship the strong.
    - There's only about 300 soldiers left in Yamanta's troops. But Ian asked him for 1 on 1 duel.
    - You guess, Ian won splendidly, again. He somehow could utilize the oath of his knights. Basically he could use their oath as his own.
    - Yamanta and his remaining soldiers all swear allegiance to Ian. And he managed to occupy their castle (I forgot the castle's name). Anyway, that castle was famous for being impenetrable. But of course it wasn't the case for our mc.
    - The first princess troops suddenly got attacked by a strange monsters. The monster annihilated almost all her troops. She was forced to make a difficult decision. She sent emergency signal to all the other contestants. She promised that whoever help her would get her position as the commander as well as all of her merits during the expedition.
    - Of course our mc managed to kill all the monsters, earning her all the first princess' merits and position.
    - There's a lot of thing happening in between, but long story short Ian managed to killed King Arak (He's prince Olak's brother. He killed the previous Bahara king when Olak went missing and ascended the throne. He also made a pact with Keres, the first son of Duke Garcia. He gave Arak some kind of devil power.)
    - After that all Bahara's people swore allegiance to Ian and they asked him to be their king. So he became their king.
    - It was unheard of that a king of vassal kingdom would still compete for the throne. But of course not for Ian. His goal was to unify the kingdom and make it into a continent.
    - Fyi, he rode on a dragon again to get back to Kaisten after he was crowned as the new king of Bahara. His other siblings were so surprised when they saw that Ian arrived earlier than them. They're also surprised that he could use the dragon's oath twice.
    - Ah, I forgot to mention that he also captured the crown prince of Aktum Empire and managed to get his hands on all of his slush fund. The crown prince ended up losing everything, including his position as the crown prince and he was abandoned by his father, the emperor.
    - Oh, and Ian also managed to uncover Duke Garcia's conspiracy (it was about his son, Keres). So the Duke was currently held in royal prison for questioning while his son was still on the run.
    - The people in the Kaisten kingdom worshiped Ian for his generosity. (He gave money to all the family of the soldiers who were injured or die during the war. The money was from several Duke Garcia's secret warehouse that he managed to loot because he apparently know where it was, Heinri also helped him (Duke Garcia's second son that the duke wanted to dispose. He basically sold his second son, and wanted to make him as the scape goat. Ian who realized his scheme, offered Heinri a deal. So they joined hand to bring down the duke.))

That's the latest thing I've read. Now you probably understand why I said that the mc became ridiculously op. Like seriously, how could everything always went smoothly with him.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  16. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh damn, I was expecting him to go through trials and actually go head to head with his siblings but I guess that's not the case in this novel so that's why the readers mentioned how he became too OP later on. But I'll still read the Eng. translation of this novel though because it still piqued my interest and I also became invested in this one to put it down atp.

17. Fellyciach

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes... Actually this is pretty fun to read. If it wasn't, I wouldn't spend my money to buy 5 books. Hahaha... It was just, after 5 volume, it finally got on my nerves quite a bit. Author would usually use side characters to complement and make up for mc's flaw to make balance and synergy in the story. However, in this story mc just have so much cheat that he is certainly "perfect" which is also very common in korean novels. They often make the mc as op as possible that every side character is only there to make mc look even more amazing. This story is the perfect example, since mc in this story is superman from the start, author doesn't need to make great supporting characters since he's already ridiculously amazing by himself. Honestly, as a writer myself, I’ve been thinking a lot these days. I felt like the world of the book was so saturated with perfect characters, that it just got a little suffocating. Why I can’t find ordinary people with flaws like us in most books? When did we writers only write about perfect people? That actually hurts a bit, as such an imperfect person. Are we being erased from the stories? Hahaha... But that's just how novel works. After all, tragedy must befall others so that the main character can shine as a hero. But is the hero a real hero if they derail everyone else's story for their own?

Well, it's getting out of topic. I'm sorry for rambling. Anyway, I think I'll take a break from this story for a while after I finish with the fifth volume. Well, I haven't totally lost interest in this story yet, so I'll get back to this story later.

MiserableSOUL, TXHY and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  18. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo.... no setbacks for MC up to vol 4(or 5?) huh...
    At this point I wonder how Ian's first life went, it might make a more interesting story for a novel instead, how from being a clueless naive lil boy who knows nothing he managed to rise and become the sole heir of the throne after going through so many things... Now I wish to read a side story about that, only if there's any (pretty sure none though :whistle:)

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  19. Fellyciach

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly no. Actually me too. It makes more interesting of a plot if the mc at least struggle more to reach his goal. If everything are too easy, it will become boring at some point. Anyway, I haven't finish the whole series yet so I couldn't be sure. But I wish there's going to be some story about his past life as well.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    TXHY and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  20. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I wish for a betrayal lol
    Will there be any? For anyone who knows and has read ahead (or finished), answer with yes or no only please, thank you