This is a novel I make to improve my writing

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Ulolicon, May 14, 2018.

1. Ulolicon

Ulolicon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Synopsis:

Kouki was bullied in the past, but fortunately it stops since he moves into the city.
    But one day, his mother called him telling that he's going to spend his summer break on the province, where he used to live in.

Chapter 1

“You will be rich but in return… You will marry Kouki-kun!”

“Eh! No way! I’d rather be poor!”

The group girls said as they play.

“Oi Kouki! What are you lookin’ at?! You’re gonna fight back huh!”

“There’s no way that’s happening, Kouki is a coward after all”

A group of boys said while laughing.

“Kouki, from now on your Grandmother will take care of you”

A woman said as she left the house.

“Kouki… Do your best…”

An old woman said as she gradually closes her eyes and stop breathing.

I open my eyes. I slowly stand from my bed and do some stretching. Today is the start of the summer vacation, usually I need to be in school since I’m the vice president of the student council.

But they said that they will take care of anything so I just let them do the work. After I got to the living room, my phone suddenly rang.

I picked up the phone. It was my mother, she said that I should spend my day off in the province. I became silent for a second. I’m a bit hesitant but I agreed with the proposal of my mother since it’s been almost three years since I last visited my Grandmother’s grave.

Looking back now, I didn’t really have a good childhood days. The only thing that I remember good is my Grandmother, she cherish and doted me. Although the happy days quickly end, I am still happy that my Grandmother took care of me.

During her last days, my Grandmother told me to do my best, and since this is her first and last request, I decided that I will fulfill it. But there’s a problem, I didn’t know on what thing I should do my best.

After I moved to the city, I decided to do my best in study, and in return I got to study in one of the most prestigious Academy in Tokyo.

I decided to do my best in any kind of sports, I enter the judo club and karate club and in return, I currently a black belt 1st dan in both.

I decided to do my best in music and I can now play any kind of brass, string and keyboard instrument decently.

I kept doing these things while hoping that my Grandmother watches me with a proud expression. Mother said that the plane ticket have been arranged before hand, I just need to show myself in the airport.

One day passed, and I just landed on the provincial airport, while walking I notice a man holding a cardboard with a ‘Shakuga’ written on it.

Shakuga is my last name, so I suppose that this guy is the one that’s going to guide me.

“Yo, are ya Kouki-kun?”

The bald man is about 30-37 years old. His skin is all tan and you can see his muscle bulging under his shirt.

“Yes, please take care of me”

I lightly bowed my head as I express my gratitude, the man looks bewildered.

“Is something wrong?”

I asked as I tilted my head.

“N-nothing, yer Kouki-kun right? How should I put this… Ya look really different, ya look more mature and dignified”

He said. I slightly smiled and said.

“Is that so? Now that you’re saying it, I’m a little embarrassed”

I chuckled as I cover my mouth. It’s not something you would say to a stranger.

“Man, the boys in the town will surely be worried about this”

The man eyes became distant, he might stay like this if I don’t do something.

“Um, what’s your name?”

“Eh! Yer serious! Ya’ve forgotten about me?”

I smile wryly and gently shook my head. The man sighed and started to speak.

“I’m Aoji-chan remember? I own the village’s general store, ya used to buy yer stuff at my shop”

Oh, now I remember it, this man is Aoji, although I only have a vague memory about him, he used to help me with my school project when I was a kid.

“Anyway, follow me, I got some car to pick ya’up. Though don’t expect some fancy car from me”

Aoji-san started to walk and I follow him from his back. We were greeted by a mini truck, the one that can be used when picking up merchandise and flowers.

We enter the mini truck and Aoji-san begun to start the engine.

As we hit the road, green rice fields and large trees covered the sceneries. Compared to the city, the air in the province is much cleaner.

The cold wind gently collide with my face, it feels nice.

“Ya still remember yer grandma’s house?”

Aoji-san said while keeping his eyes on the road. The truck would sometime tremble because of the stones on the road but I don’t mind it.

“Yes, I still remember it”

“Good, because yer mom said that ya’l be livin’ there”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah, don’t worry, my wife clean the house just for ya”

“I see, please say my thanks to her”

The trip continues while we’re having a little chat, he said that it will take 2 hours for us to get to the village.

“Man, it really brings me back. I can’t really believe that yer Kouki-kun”

His expression suddenly darken, maybe because he was aware that I was bullied when I was a kid, he suddenly stop smiling.

“Ya know Kouki-kun… I know that ya have more painful experience than a happy one in the village… Ya know I—”

“Don’t worry about it”

I said. He looks surprised, perhaps he was still waiting me to continue as he stayed silent, I began to speak.

“I know that it might sound unbelievable but, I don’t really mind it. And it’s not like they continue on being like that, sooner or later a person will mature, I think that we are currently in the ripe age to reflect on our actions”

Aoji-san smiled, although he was not looking at me, I can feel the warmth in his eyes.

“How em I supposed to reply to that? Ya sound more mature than me, but yer right, the kids in our village do matured, ya might be surprised if ya happens to see one of them”

“Well, I’m looking forward to it”

After a few more minutes, we arrived at the village. The houses are awfully away with each other, most of them have their own fields. The houses in the village have more wooden house than a cemented one.

We finally reached the house of my Grandmother. It’s also made out of woods, the front is a sliding door that’s made out of bamboo, in the back, there’s the backyard where my Grandmother used to plant flowers and vegetables.

Just by being here brings so much nostalgia into my heart, I feel happy just by being here.

Aoji-san opens the door of the house, inside there are only three rooms that are separated by another wooden sliding door, and the three rooms is the Living room, the Kitchen and the Restroom.

Me and my Grandmother used to sleep in the living room, we just lay futons before we sleep.

You can hear the wood squeak every time I step inside the house, the house looks old but nevertheless it’s clean.

All of the appliances that I used to see are all present, including the old radio and the small electric fan.

“Ya look so happy, anyway, can ya still remember the way to er house?”

I shook my head as a reply, unless they guide me I will not remember it. Aoji-san sighed and scratched his bald head.

“Ya just go forgettin’ anythin’ , I will pick ya up, I told my wife that I will invite ya to dinner, yer fine ‘bout that?”

“Of course”

After that, Aoji-san bid his farewell and left the place. All of the necessities to live in this village are here, they have electricity, drinkable water and that’s about it. Although this house has landline, there’s no internet connection as one would expect.

I started to unpack the baggage, I brought some clothes, my laptop and my personal document. Oh right, maybe I should ask Aoji-san if he can guide to the nearest town since I don’t know where I can withdraw my money.

I decided to take a quick nap after organizing my belongings and before I know it, it’s already past noon. I slowly open my eyes and there, I saw a girl sitting next me, staring at my face.

Although I’m still a little bit dizzy, I began to speak weakly.

“Who are you?”

My eyes are half open but based on the girls movement, she seems flustered.

“Wha! You’re awake!”

“Yes…”

I slowly raised my body and start to sit in seiza, on the other hand, the girl was sitting in a awkward position, her arms is supporting her body on the back while her legs are wide open. Indeed she was wearing short but a lady should not sit in that way.

“I know it’s a little late but, welcome to our home. May I know the reason of your visit?”

The girl immediately fixed her position and said.

“U-uwah… It’s like one of those clerks in the town… A-anyway… My father said that there’s a guy in the village, he said that he’s inviting you to our dinner”

“By father, you mean Aoji-san?”

“Oh, you know my father?”

“Yes, he was the one that brings me here. Please wait a bit, I’ll just change my clothes”

I stand up, and take my clothes from the cabinet. I changed into an easy to move clothes. I also wore my prescription glass.

“Thank you for the wait”

Now that my vision is no longer blurry, I finally noticed girl that’s in front of me is a real beauty. She had strong and cheerful dark brown eyes, her lips are pink and thin, the complexion of her skin is tan just like her father. Her hair is long and bleached, it’s pretty long that it reaches her waist. She’s wearing black top and jeans.

“I-it’s nothing”

For some reason, she was looking at me without blinking.

“Oh the glasses? Do I look nerdy in this?”

I push up my round glasses and chuckle a little to hide my embarrassment. Hearing that, she waved her hands in front of her chest as if denying it.

“N-no! It-it looks good on you!”

“Really? Thank you”

Her face is a little red for as she said that. Almost everyone will be happy if someone complimented them, I’m the same, I’m a normal human after all.

“Alright, please lead the way”

“Um!”

She excitedly stands up and goes outside, I followed her as soon as I closed the door.

The sunset is nearly reaching its limit, dark clouds and orange light envelopes the sky. The girl and I are leisurely walking as we enjoy the view. I could see the rice fields dancing as the gentle breeze sway then up.

The street lamps flickers as we passed through them, and since the place was dead silent, my slippers makes an audible sound as it hit the asphalt road. I look at the girl and she’s not minding the silent at all.

“So where’s your house?”

I said, the girl said “There” while pointing her finger on the house ten minutes away from us.

“Bike will be convenient in this village”

“Sure it is, almost every one of us had a bike since the bus rarely visit this place”

She said, we continue the little chat while walking, the girl is friendly and kind, I can see the image of Aoji-san in her.

A few more minutes and we reached a huge stone house. It’s covered in white, the house have a second floor too. There’s a huge sign saying “General Store” the light outside the house help the sign more visible.

As we enter the house, various scents stimulate my nostrils. When I look around, numerous items can be seen. From daily necessities like soaps and shampoo to canned goods and even paper and pen, they have it here.

We head to the dining room and see an oval table inside and chairs, there are five of them. I asked Aoji-san if there’s something I can help with and he said that I can place the food on the table, its curry, fried fish, chop suey and eggs.

“That’s a lot”

I said. The woman beside me suddenly speaks.

“It’s because darling is a big eater, anyway, I’m Yuki, the wife of Aoji”

She slightly bows her head. Yuki-san has a motherly aura, she was plump, her face is gentle and kind like her smiles and movement. I bowed too but before I can open my mouth, Aoji-san slaps me in the back.

“Keep it a secret for now!”

I didn’t understand what Aoji-san said, neither her wife Yuki-san.

“Auntie! Uncle! I’m here!”

The door suddenly opens, a girl enters the dining room as if she owns the house. She must be quite close to the family if she can enter the house without hesitation.

“Wha! Aya, there’s a visitor!”

The Aoji-san’s daughter approached the girl named Aya. Aya is a girl with sparkling coffee eyes and a small lips, she’s wearing heart shaped earrings. Her brown hair is tied to the left side of her head, her body is petite so it doesn’t matter that she looked childish. She’s wearing a white frilly dress and brown slippers.

“Visitor? Wh—”

Our eyes met. I smile wryly at her but she’s only looking at me.

“Hello”

She didn’t respond to my greetings but instead she only mumbled some inapprehensible words.

“A-An-no! I-I’m!!---Guh!”

“You’re only embarrassing yourself!”

“Bu-but!”

Aoji-san’s daughter hit the head of Aya, Aya is scratching her head while looking at the floor.

“Puff --hahaha”

I burst into laughter. What is this? It’s like one of those comedy due that I always see on the television.

The two of them are looking at me with ashamed expression. Perhaps they thought that I am laughing at them in a bad way?

“N-no, it’s just, I just thought that you two must be really close”

After that, Aoji-san called us saying that the dinners ready.

““Thank you for the food””

Delicious! Everything on this table is delicious.

“Ara, you look like you’re really enjoying yourself”

Yuki-san said after noticing me grinning, I tried to hide my smile with the bowl that I’m holding. I let out a smile without even noticing? It’s embarrassing…

“Hahahaha! On the first time we met, I thought that you’re the most mature child in your age, who would have thought that you’re also the most childish one!”

“I can’t take it as a compliment Aoji-san”

I stuff my mouth with the fried fish to hide my discomfit. Yuki-san looks at Aoji-san and said.

“Darling, I think that it’s time for you to introduce us this young man”

Not only Yuki-san, her daughter and Aya are looking at Aoji-san too. Aoji-san gulped down and started to talk.

“Now, don’t be surprised okay?”

Aoji-san sighed and looks at me. The atmosphere somehow gets tense while waiting for him to speak.

“Believe it or not, this man right here is Kouki-kun”

Silent… It’s like the time has been frozen, and now, all of them are looking for me for confirmation.

“Long time no see?”

I somehow manage to squeeze these words out of my mouth. Aya and Aoji-san’s daughter looks guilty than surprised while Yuki-san’s smiling like she found it a little funny.

“We all know that, this village only done bad things to Kouki-kun. I asked him if he’s holding a grudge but it looks like he doesn’t mind it”

Since Aoji-san doesn’t sound convincing, I follow him up.

“I don’t really mind you know?”

“R-really?”

Out of nowhere, Aya asked.

“It’s true, in fact, I can’t even remember the faces of kids in my childhood days”

“You can’t remember?”

Aya asked in disappointment, she hung her head down while staring at her rice bowl. It’s not like I don’t completely remember them, I think I can recognize them if they try hard introducing themselves to me. Yuki-san coughs and started to speak.

“You two, I think you should introduce yourself already”

After a little silent, the daughter of Aoji-san starts talking.

“My name is Mitsuki… Do you still remember me?”

Mitsuki… Mitsuki… I can’t remember at all.

“Sorry…”

I said, hearing my reply, Mitsuki’s face became complicated, it’s like she’s happy but she’s not. The next one to speak is Aya.

“H-hello, my n-name is Aya, do you remember me?”

“Aya? I’m sorry but I don’t remember you”

“Really? Are you sure?”

She leaned on the table as she peered right into my eyes. Wait a minute. She’s somehow looks familiar. And all of the sudden she took of my glasses and undo her hair and split it into two, her image suddenly collide with a figure inside my mind

“!!!!... four eyes!”

I said in surprise, it’s her! I recognize her. I know that I can recall someone if they tried hard enough.

“Mouh, don’t call me with that anymore, my real name is Aya, call me Aya-chan!”

She said as she tilted her head and blinked at me, she still looks cute even if she messed her hair. She took off the glasses and put it back into my eyes.

“You’ve turned into a pretty lady fou—Aya. I never thought that you will changed this much”

Aya comb her hair with her hand and tied it again.

“Looks who’s talking, you always look gloomy and weak but now you look like a pretty decent guy”

“I wouldn’t say that, I’m always the same, I never did try to change myself”

“Heeh, I bet that all the girls are like, going crazy for you right?”

“It would be great if that was true…”

“Eh? You mean you’re not popular?”

“Popular? No, I mean, I’m too busy with all my clubs and studies… I spent my school days with only a little interaction to people…”

“T-then, you don’t have a girlfriend?”

“Of course not”

“Heeeh, it’s too unbelievable to---”

“Kohum!”

Before Aya could even finish her sentence, Mitsuki suddenly cough loud enough for Aya to stop talking.

“We’re still here you know?”

Mitsuki said. Both Aya and I became quiet as we can only agree on her. The dinner was finished without any problem. I should ask about the town before I forget about it.

“Aoji-san, can you take me to the nearest town? I just need to withdraw money”

“I can take you there”

The one who said that is not Aoji-san but Aya. She approached me quickly.

“Of course, you will treat me in return”

She smiles broadly while puffing her chest. It’s normal for me to give her something in return since I am the one who asked a favor.

“Sounds like a good idea, it’s getting late so I should take my leave”

I bow my head and then left the place. It’s been only one day but I feel tired. I should sleep early today since I’ve got things to do tomorrow.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    MangoGuy likes this.
  2. Ulolicon

Ulolicon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2

“What now Kouki? This is what you get for trying to act cool!”

A group of boys ganged up against a laying child. The child is trying to do his best to protect his head as he covers it with fragile arms. Although they’re in the playground, no children can be seen except for them.

The boys are kicking hard and thus dust accumulates densely in the air. A minute has passed and the boys seem satisfied with their action, the leader of the group looks down on the child and spit at him.

“Don’t try to act cool next time you piece of shit”

They left the place while laughing, after the group is no longer visible, a little girl approached the child. She was the same age of the child, she wore glasses and her brown braided hair is swaying around as she runs.

She strokes the hair of the child, sweeping the spit on his face with her clothes gently, behind her glass, tears started to gather up as she glance on the child.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry”

She keeps repeating the sentence like a broken tape, although the child’s badly beaten, although the child’s body is full of bruise and dust, the child was still smiling.

“Coke…”

The child muttered. The girl has a confused by this as she looks at the child with a questioning gaze.

“You… You owe me a coke…”

The child chuckle, no, the girl chuckle too. Her face is red as her eyes is, the girl is laughing like her tears earlier was a lie.

“Um, tomorrow, I will treat you”

The girl said. The child slowly nods and closes his eyes. This was the promise that the girl held dearly into her heart.

“Kouki-kun!”

The voice of Aya can be heard. I’m standing at the bus stop because she said that this would be the meeting place. She was wearing a white frilly sun dress accompanied by white high stockings that reaches to her tights.

It’s just my prediction, I have no way of conforming that her stockings ends to her tights since her tight is covered by the dress.

While having useless thoughts like this, Aya finally caught up with me.

“Hah… Hah…”

I waited for her to catch her breath. There’s a little sweat on her forehead because of the heat but compared to the city where trees are like, rare existence, the trees are abundant here so it doesn’t feel that hot.

“Did I make you wait?”

Aya said while brimming with smile. She looks really happy, maybe there’s something good happen to her.

“No, I just arrived here. You look really happy Aya, I wonder what happened”

She finally realizes that she’s grinning too much, she cover her mouth and shakes her head in a flustered manner.

“Anyway, there are still a few minutes until the bus arrives. I guess we’ll have to wait for now Aya”

“Umm!”

I didn’t bring my phone so I didn’t have a thing to fiddle with, on the other hand, Aya have a small pink shoulder bag, it was decorated with flowers and cute animal heads.

Aya noticed my gaze on her bag and touch it covering the adornment.

“I just being a little creative that’s all”

She tries to hide the bag from me, if you’re embarrassed about it, then don’t bring it in the first place…But it suited her, Aya is small and cute so it doesn’t really matter if she’s a little childish.

A minute has passed and the bus finally arrived, it was not air-conditioned like in the city. We enter the bus and noticed we’re the only one inside here. I sat on the back and Aya soon follow and sat next to me.

“How long does it take to go to the town?”

“I think it will take a half-hour, the town is really different from this village you know? But you live in the city so I think you’ll only be disappointed”

Aya open her shoulder bag and took out a headset. I unconsciously look at her, man I wish I have something to kill the time with.

I turned my gaze outside the window, I guess I’ll just have to deal with it. When I was about to daze in boredom, something touched my shoulder repeatedly.

It was Aya, she was holding a piece of headset to her hand while the other piece is on her left ear. Her headset too is filled with cute design, it’s like a colorful string is wrapped around the wire.

I took the earphone while saying “Thank you” I plugged the headset to my ear. She touched her smartphone and then the song played… It was pop idol music. She immediately pressed the stop button while looking embarrassed.

“Yue Asuka?”

She looks surprised. I know this girl, I’ve always seen her on T.V, she’s a new solo idol that’s skyrocketing her popularity in the city lately.

“It’s okay, I listened to her too”

She sighed in relief and continued the song, Yue’s song is like an unavoidable plague in the city, it’s impossible for you to not hear this song, I guess I’m just used to it.

The bus finally run, even though it didn’t have an air conditioner, because the windows are open the winds are free to enter the bus. We continue to listen to the song without talking.

It’s already high noon so it’s inevitable for me to feel sleepy. I decided to peek at Aya and she’s already asleep. The bus turned right and Aya fell on my shoulder. She’s breathing softly while having a complete expressionless face.

What’s that? It smells like lavender, Aya smells like lavender. While staring at her face, I trace some dark shade under her eyes. It looks like she doesn’t get that much sleep. Geez, take care of yourself properly.

The half-hour quickly elapsed and I can finally see the town. It doesn’t have a huge towering building or shops with fancy ornaments, but as long as it have bank and atm, all is well.

The bus halt at another bus stop, the door slowly open and some people enter in. I gently shake Aya to wake her up.

“Aya, we’re here”

“Ummm…”

Aya grumbled as she open her eyes. Her eyes wander for a bit and she ended up looking at my shoulder, her eyes became wide and she suddenly straightens her posture.

“S-sorry!”

Aya apologize while panicking.

“I don’t mind”

I said as I shrugged my shoulder. I avert my eyes to her and glance at the window.

“More importantly, we should leave the bus before it starts running again”

“Y-yes…”

The awkward atmosphere linger as we left the bus and start walking. The people in town are condense, at least when you compared them to the village. Various shops like furniture or restaurant welcomes you to the city. But first things first.

“Where’s the nearest bank?”

I said, Aya pouted her lips as she placed her finger on it. She pointed at the west and said “I think, that way”

“You think?”

“It’s not like I’m always at the town you know? Anyway, I’m pretty sure that’s the way, if I’m wrong we could just ask another person”

I followed Aya as she escorts me, from time to time, I could see some people that would snatch a glance at her, Aya is attractive after all, but the person herself didn’t notice it as she stride without hesitation.

“Tadah! See? I told ya!”

We arrived at the front of the bank. Aya looks happy as she makes a piece sign, I don’t really think that you can be proud just by doing this but I guess it depends on the person.

I check the surrounding if there’s an atm and thankfully there is. I head towards to it and told Aya to wait for me. During my entire time living alone, I didn’t have any problem linked with money.

Of course I am supported by my mother but the biggest reason on why I have so much money is because of the Academy itself. They we’re giving money to those on the top and thankfully, I’m the top one of the Academy.

I also earn money by teaching piano lesson and violin lesson to children, I get the price money too if I win on the Karate and Judo tournament that I joined. Ten thousand yen should be enough. I thought.

If it’s not enough I can always go back. As much as possible I’d like to take the minimum amount of money needed, my Grandmother thought me to be cautious especially around money. I withdraw the money and return back to Aya.

When I came back, Aya was already talking to someone. It’s a man, it looks like he was older than us but I think that he’s still a highschool student. To be honest, he’s handsome. He had a tall and fit structure, he could be a model if he wanted to. His undercut blonde hair really looks good on him.

He and Aya looks dazzling, in fact people start to gather around them like there was a celebrity fan meet up, but the two didn’t mind though, perhaps they used to it? The two sparkles as they speak, I think that I’m going to be blind if I look at them for five seconds straight.

I’m having a second thought on approaching them. After gathering enough courage, I head towards Aya.

“Sorry for the wait”

I said as I walk toward to them, I feel nervous, it’s like I’m going to meet a superstar or something.

“Ah! Kouki-kun! Mouh, why it took you so long?!”

Aya cross her arms as she stomps her fit. The man looks at Aya and with questioning gaze.

“You’re with someone?”

The man asked Aya, he still have his perfect smile but I feel like something was off. Aya giggle and introduce me.

“Touma-senpai this is Kouki-kun, Kouki-kun this is Touma-senpai”

“Nice to meet you Kouki-kun”

“Likewise”

We exchanged our greetings, Touma-san... You’re looking at me too hard…

“Touma-senpai, Kouki is a shy type you know?”

Noticing my reaction, Aya quickly warn Touma-san. Thank you Aya, you’ve really changed. Aya is the shy one when we’re still a child, and because of that, I often see Aya getting bullied or mocked.

“Hahahaha, I didn’t meant to scare him, by the way is he from our school?”

“Ah no, he’s just here because it’s summer vacation. I thought that I should tour him to this town since it’s boring in the village”

“Is that so?”

Somehow, Touma-san’s eyes grew gentle as if he was relieved.

“You’re too kind Aya…Then I will take my leave, enjoy it you two, especially you Kouki-kun”

Aya bid farewell to Touma-san, she then look back to me with somehow a mischievous expression. I stay quiet and try to ignore her as we walk, but…

“Fufufufufu”

She would let out a creepy laugh, she would also throw a glance from time to time to get my attention. I sighed and decided to give in. It’s obvious that she wants me to ask her ‘Who’s that?’ but I don’t know why she would do that. I finally gave in and talk in monotone

“Who’s that?”

“Ara ara, are you curious?”

Aya covers her mouth as if too hide her laughter. Her eyes became half close as and looking at me mischievously.

“That’s Touma-senpai, he’s quite popular you know?”

“Is that so? Would your boyfriend will be jealous if you get to close to him?”

I reply as to keep the conversation to continue. Even though we’re in the town, I haven’t seen that much car here, it’s a good thing though, I really like quite place.

“What are you talking about? I don’t have a boyfriend…Wait! To think that he will use this chance to ask me if I have a lover or not is sly! Kouki-kun you’re sly!”

What? She just started to mumble words that I can’t comprehend and suddenly calling me sly.

“Enough about that, are you hungry?”

The conversation develops in a weird way so I decided to change the topic.

“Kinda, I want to eat something light”

Aya replied while caressing her stomach gently. Good thing she took the bait.

“I see, then lead the way”

“… I know that I’m supposed to guide you but I feel like I’m just being used”

I was led to a family restaurant, there are two section inside the restaurant. The smoking area and the non-smoking area, of course we’re using the latter. After we sat, a waitress come to us and gives us the menu.

“I wonder what would be good be good”

I said while looking at the menu, I think I’m going for ramen.

“I’ll have ramen, how about you Aya?”

“Ummm… I’m having parfait”

“Alright, one ramen and one parfait please”

I said to the waitress with the most outmost respect, believe it or not, I have a huge respect to the people who have jobs like this. My Grandmother is a vendor, even though she’s old she still do it because of me, in order to buy me toys.

Since mother is still looking for a job that time, we only have a limited allowance thus only reserve those for important things like buying rice and clothes. My Grandmother started to work again because she saw me envying the toys of the children at my age, perhaps if I just keep my emotion hidden at that time, maybe Grandmother will not die because of working herself too hard.

Hmm? It’s taking too long for the waitress to leave.

“Is something matter?”

I asked the waitress, the waitress shook her head and immediately and run while having a red face. I felt a sharp gaze and when I look where that came from, it’s Aya, and she’s looking at me with resentment.

Eh? Did I do something to irritate her?

“Why?”

“Kouki-kun, are you for real?”

“Hmm?”

“Haaah…”

Aya sighed in resignation, I don’t get it. The foods arrived but the one who served it is a different waitress, I smiled at her as she served the food.

“Looks tasty”

I said, although the food is here, Aya became more depressed than before. I don’t really get this girl.

As expected the ramen is good, I finished the ramen quickly but Aya on the other hand only ate half of the parfait.

“It’s not good?”

I asked, Aya inclined her cheek to her arms, she’s only playing with the parfait. She looked at me with disinterested eyes.

“It’s good, I just lose the appetite to eat… Hah… Eat this if you want”

“Are you sure? Then thank you”

I took the plate and started to eat it. I just finished the parfait when suddenly Aya straight up as if she was struck by a lightning.

“You! Wh-what spoon did you use!?”

“Spoon? I use this”

I rose up the spoon.

“Th-that’s mine!”

Is she angry because I use her spoon? I thought that she’s the type who didn’t mind it because I thought that she’s used to it… Here I am again with my naïve thought. I did something without the consideration of the other party first…

“I’m sorry”

I look down to the table, maybe she feels disgusted with me now…

“Wh-why are you apologizing?”

“Because I use your spoon without permission”

I look up to Aya, she’s making an even more depressed, I don’t understand at all.

“I’m so stupid, of course it have an effect on him”

“Excuse me?”

Aya shakes her head. She stands up and leaves the table. Now I’ve done it…

I look at the empty plate.

“Now I’m the one that lost his appetite”

I laugh in a self-deprecation way. I put down the spoon and lean my head to the wall. If I leave quickly, I will meet Aya on the bus, I’m sure she will hate it.

“Here”

“Wha-”

A glass of soft drink was placed in front of me, it’s Aya, and she’s holding another one with her.

“This is coke, I promise you didn’t I?”

She smiles wryly. That’s right... It was in the playground, just like I said earlier, Aya is always bullied because of her timid personality. But that time was the peak of it. Rocks are being thrown at her that day, the rock was small but so is Aya.

My body unconsciously moves and picked a stone and throws it to the kids. My plan at that time is to get their attention to me and let them beat me to pulp. It worked though, it worked pretty well that I think that I broke my left arm while protecting my head.

Aya sit next to me and drink her portion.

“You look pretty cool back then”

She said. She promised to treat me a soft drink but it never happened. Because after that day, my Grandmother fell into illness, the doctor said that it was due to overworking. I was so shocked that time that I stop playing outside.

All I do is to take care of my Grandmother all day, the guilt is too great for me to not do anything… I still feel the guilt right now, no matter what I do I can’t get rid of it.

“So you’ve keep your promise then”

I said, I drunk the coke slowly, I could feel the bubbles inside my throat. It was nice.

“That’s about it, we should head back before the bus left us”

I said, Aya didn’t say anything but she quietly follows me. We reached the bus stop without talking to each other, and again, we’re the only one here.

We spent so much time on the restaurant that it’s already dusk, brimming anything with its orange flare. The sunlight slips through the gaps of the tree, bringing us a gentle heat that feels warm.

“A-ano…”

Aya suddenly speak while fiddling with her hands. She’s looking down so I can’t see her expression properly.

“Kouki… As you can see right now… I’ve changed… I’ve changed a lot. No one will bully me anymore…”

She said, and then she looked at me with powerful yet caring eyes.

“You don’t have to protect me anymore”

She said with great fervor, she tightly clenched her hands on her small chest while looking at me, unwavering.

“You don’t have to do that, I’ve only done it once you know? There are many people that would do the same if they saw you in that state”

I said, I gently smile as I said that, hoping that the conversation would stop. Why would I want it to stop…? Because I feel like she would cry if the conversation goes on.

“You’re lying…”

She said. She returned a smile to me but it was weak that it could break anytime.

“I noticed it you know… The reason why would you pull out ridiculous stunt without any reason… I know the reason why you broke that vase intentionally, I know the reason why you intentionally lay on the ground and roll around like an idiot… I… I know the reason why you intentionally attract the attention of the bullies at our school…”

The tears flows out from her eyes, the sun light is reflecting on her face, she looks beautiful too when crying. She grasped her breath and starts to speak again.

“You would only do that kind of stuff when someone is humiliating me, but right now, no one would do that to me so please! You don’t have to protect me anymore, protect yourself instead!”

Aya hugged me, it was so sudden that I didn’t even noticed it until I felt the water penetrating my clothes. I hugged her back, I hugged her until she stops crying.

The reason why she’s weeping right now is me. I thought that its fine to hurt myself to protect other since my Grandmother would never know it, I thought that my Grandmother is the only one that cares for me. Hahaha, I guess I’m wrong.

“Promise me okay?”

She weakly muttered while looking at me. Grandmother said that it’s only normal for a person to care for his friend, Aya is caring for me, I could feel the warmth behind her feverishly gaze. So that means she’s my friend… Aya is considering me as her friend…

“I promise, you’re my friend after all”

I smiled happily, finally, finally I have someone that I can call friend. Aya closed her eyes and rest her face on my chest, she looks dejected for some reason.

“Is something wrong Aya? You don’t want to be friends with me?”

I asked nervously, if Aya rejected me then it would seriously hurt me. While still burying her face on my chest, Aya answered.

“I’m happy you know? What’s with me? Why do I feel disappointed?”

This continues for a while until the bus came, the driver of the bus look at us with a teasing gaze as we enter and surely, Aya and I didn’t talk to each other until we egress the bus.

3. Ulolicon

Ulolicon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3

“Welcome”

“Oya? A new employee?”

An old woman enters the old general store, she was wearing a traditional yukata. She looks around for a bit and picked up some pack of sugar.

“How much is this?”

“Brown sugar umm… It would be one hundred yen”

“Here you go”

The woman handed the money and after that, she exited the place. If you’re wondering on how I ended up on this situation, it’s because I decided to visit the general store since I’m kind of hungry.

As I enter the shop, Aoji-san immediately prostrate in front of me and begging “Please watch the store for a while” I reluctantly agreed on his request, he then handed me a paper with the word ‘Price List” written on it.

He was such in a hurry that I didn’t have the chance ask where Mitsuki is. If it’s an urgent matter, can you just call your daughter? I sighed in anxiety, the only good thing about this is Aoji-san allowed me to take anything as long as it’s not reaching 200 hundred yen. I never knew that Aoji-san is a cheapskate.

The bell on the door rung, I immediately put on my smile on and greeted the costumer.

“Welcome”

“I’m just here to deliver a package—Ah!”

The one who enter is the waiter-san on the city yesterday. She was wearing red outfit with a company logo on it. She looks surprised by my appearance somehow. Now that I got to take a good look on her, the first word that I came up when I saw her face is ‘Tired’

Her eyes looks tired, her smile looks tired and even her action looks tired. She was sluggishly moves holding a rectangular carton box.

“You can just leave it here, I will tell Aoji-san about it later”

I said, the girl nod her head and smile, she took out something from her back.

“I see, then please sign in here”

She handed me a paper, I received and signed it.

“You have two jobs waitress-san? That’s pretty impressive”

“I-it’s not that impressive”

She scratches her head shyly as she denies my words. I gave the paper to her, she bows and reach out for the door.

“Wait”

I said. She turns her head to me with a confused expression.

“I am Kouki, I just move here recently, nice to meet you”

The girl looks confused receiving my sudden introduction but she immediately regain her consciousness and properly introduce herself.

“I’m Mariko, just like you, my family just moved here recently. I hope we get along”

She waved at me and finally left the store. She’s the hardworking type? The bell rung once again, I’m tired, since it’s the only store in this town, it will never run out of costumer.

“Welcome”

Two young men entered the shop. Their age is mostly likely the same with mine. One of them have a slightly large build, he was buff and is wearing a white top and short. Buzz cut and dark red hair, he also has earring on his right ear. He looks like a ruffian but I don’t judge here.

The other one looks less scary, a messy black hair with a normal look. He had a slim figure and can be considered normal. He’s normal, in short, the same as me. He’s wearing white shirt and short. Both of them turned their sight to me as soon as they noticed my figure.

“Oh? A new guy? Never mind, is Mitsuki here?”

The rough man asked, his voice too sounded like a delinquent but I ignore it and reply calmly.

“I’m sorry but, I don’t know where Mitsuki is, but if you happen to see her please tell her that there’s a delivered package”

“Is that so? Then we have no business here”

The rough man turn around his back but the normal guy is still looking at me, did I do something wrong?

“I haven’t seen around before, are you a new employee?”

The normal man asked, I can’t blame him though, this is a small village after all so I completely understand him to be suspicious about me.

“No, I just moved here recently because of the summer break, Aoji-san and his family takes care of me”

“I see, what is your relation with Mitsuki?”

“Oi Ryouu don’t suddenly ask that question, that’s rude”

The rough man sternly warned the normal man, Ryouu. But Ryouu ignored him and continue to stare at me, waiting for my response.

“I don’t mind though, if I’m forced to say something then I would say that we’re acquaintance”

I said, Ryouu expression didn’t seems satisfied but he silently head towards to the door, the rough man followed Ryouu hurriedly and left the place.

What’s that? Did he think that I have some sort of relation with Mitsuki? I don’t really like to mend with other people relationship, because in my opinion, human would do extreme things in the name of love. I’d rather not get involve.

Sometimes people would do something like stalking their love ones or being obsessed, those are the extreme cases. The normal case is like finding out their crushes house or get jealous when they’re talking to the opposite sex.

While deep in thought the bell rung again. Really, I can’t relax for a bit. I straighten my posture and speak in monotone.

“Welcome”

“Father? You’re voice is a little bit---! Kouki! What are you doing here?”

Mitsuki quickly approach me, slam the wooden table and peer into my eyes. That reaction is rather quite extreme. Her hair is tied in ponytail, I could feel the heat from her body, the sweats from her neck is dripping from her collar bone. I averted my gaze since it’s a rude behavior staring at someone’s chest even if it’s accidental.

“Do you like some water?”

I offered. She was perplexed for a second but she nodded. I stand from my sit and head towards to the kitchen. If I remember, there should be a fridge here. There it is, I picked up some cold water container and a glass.

I handed them to Mitsuki. She accepted it while saying “Thank you” and pours some water into the glass gently.

“Mitsuki, there is a package right there, and also there’s two boys looking for you”

“Is that so? Maybe it’s Ryouu and Rasu, they always visit the shop for some reason”

I let out a dry laugh, maybe those two have a special feelings for Mitsuki. It’s just a speculation so I might be wrong, but I can’t help to think that since Mitsuki is a beautiful girl after all. She’s not the cute type like Aya, she’s the type of girl that’s strong and kind, that kind of thing.

“By the way, what are you doing here Kouki? Where’s Father?”

“Aoji-san was in the rush so I couldn’t ask where he’s going to. Where did you go anyway Mitsuki?”

“Me? I just visited Aya”

“Is she sick or something?”

“Hahahaha, well she’s kinda. She texted me and said that her eyes hurt so I bring her medicine”

“Her eyes hurt?”

But I’m with her yesterday, I even walk her home so I will definitely know if something bad happens to her.

“Yes, she keeps muttering things like. “I don’t want to cry while wearing contact lenses again”… You’re with Aya yesterday right? Did you make her cry?”

She said with a low voice, I put some distance to her, what should I do, it’s true that I’m the reason why she cried. She perceived that I become a little nervous, she suddenly starts to giggle and gaze at me.

“It’s a joke, I know Aya is strong more than anyone else, if you manage to make her somehow cry, I should praise you than to scold you”

She said. I don’t know how I’m supposed to react to that. Mitsuki take some chips from the merchandise and throws it to me.

“Here, as a token of thanks for watching the place, don’t tell Father and Mother about it though, they will yell at me”

She said as she laughs, I receive the chips but it will only make me hungrier if I eat this…

“Thank you, but I would be happier if I eat something that will fill me”

“Is that so?”

Mitsuki said. She inclines on the chair in front of me and looks at the ceiling as if she’s contemplating, a minute has passed and she slowly opens her mouth.

“How about I cook you something”

She muttered. Her face looks out of focus so maybe she just said her thoughts out loud, Mitsuki doesn’t even realize that she’s thinking out loud.

“That sounds good to me”

I said. I’m not the type of person that rejects free food. Mitsuki looks at me, seems flustered and quickly shook her head.

“Th-that came out wrong! Please forget about that!”

“If you say so”

I place my head on the table while I rub my stomach. I place my head on the table with half closed eyes.

“Man, I’m really hungry, I really wish that someone could cook something for me”

I said in monotone while peeking at her, she violently waves her hand as she spoke in embarrassment.

“B-but I’m not good at cooking… When I tried to cook they say that it’s not tasty”

Tasty or not, a food is still a food, if I can eat it, it’s good enough for me. But that alone can’t convince Mitsuki… Then how about this?

“How about I teach you the fundamentals of cooking?”

“Eh? You can do that?”

“Of course, but the ingredients will be yours and you will give me some portion of you product”

“Owaa… I have no idea that you’re a sly fox Kouki”

“Is that so? It can’t be help, I have some needs too you know?”

Sometimes I would crave for something you know? I’m just a normal human after all.

“Then, shall we start? The first food that we’re going to make is… Eggs!”

I said, although I look calm, my eyes are sparkling in enthusiasm! Food is a food even if it’s just an egg.

“Cute…”

“Hhmm, What did you say?”

Mitsuki averted her eye sight to me and said.

“It’s nothing! We should start! Even I know how to cook eggs so it should be easy”

We move to the kitchen and prepare the ingredients. She wears a white apron with apple design. I grab one of the eggs and raised it near my face.

“First things first, Mitsuki, can you break eggs?”

“You’re underestimating me too much! Of course I can”

“Good, whenever I feel fancy, I add onions and tomatoes on the eggs”

“You really do that? What does it taste though?”

“It taste really good, especially when it’s fluffy, oh speaking of fluffy. If you want to make the egg fluffly, you can add milk or a bit of water”

“Heeh, I didn’t know that”

Mitsuki then started beat the egg and turned the flame on. She pour the oil in the pan, when she’s about to put the eggs too, I immediately grabbed her hand.

“It’s too early. Whenever you’re cooking in metal pan like this, you should wait for the oil to heat up or else the egg will stick to the pan”

I said with a straight face, I don’t want her to experience the pain of washing a hard egg on the pan. Somehow Mitsuki is looking at me with a reddened face.

“I get it I get it! Let go of my hand please…”

“Ah, sorry”

“It’s fine…”

She clutches her hands repeatedly while looking on the ground. The pan finally heated up and Mitsuki poured down the egg, the aroma of egg filled the room. I’m hungry. I want to eat.

“Be sure to watch the egg because it will only take a minute to cook it. Personally I like it a little bit raw but we’re going to cook it normal this time”

Mitsuki carefully turn the egg with the spatula. Why did she say that she’s not good at cooking? She has a good affinity to it, doing everything gently and patient.

“It’s done!”

Mitsuki put transfer the egg to the plate with cheerfulness. It smells good, although the flavoring that she only used is salt, the aroma is alluring.

She took out a bowl of rice and hand it to me, I gracefully received it with both hands.

“You’re not going to eat?”

“Not really, it’s not like I’m hungry or something, here help yourself”

I pick up the eggs and put it in my mouth.

“……………”

“I-it’s not tasty?”

I could only look at Mitsuki, bewildered. It’s not like the egg is bad nor it is tasty, it tasted like the egg that my Grandmother used to cook for me.

“H-hey Kouki, I-I know it’s bad but you don’t need to do—”

“Mitsuki…”

“Ye-yes!”

“Can you tell me how did you make this?”

“Ah eh, huh?”

“This egg… what did you put in this egg, it’s only salt right?”

“That? I-I put some soy sauce too, you didn’t notice?”

Salt and soy sauce… I tried so hard to re-create this dish.

“Why did you put soy sauce though, it’s an odd choice to be honest”

“I don’t know, I just thought that you might like it”

“You thought?”

“Ye-yeah, you didn’t like it?”

She weakly asked, she just thought that I might like it? Mitsuki really has the affinity towards cooking! She can tell the people’s appetite at a glance!

“You’re mistaken Mitsuki, I love it. Please cook this to me again sometimes”

“L-love! Th-the dish right! That’s right, he loves the dish!”

Mitsuki slaps her face as if she was convincing herself. I finished the meal and when I look at Mitsuki, her face resembles tomato. Her eyes are already red and watery.

“Wh-what happened to you?”

Flabbergast I asked. She was just staring at me and clenching her fist.

“The meal was great, thank you”

I smiled to somehow ease her discomfort but somehow, the effects are reversed.

“Ah!”

She immediately run off towards the stair and climbed to the second floor. What happened? I follow her upstairs and there, I saw a three room, one of them has a sign ‘Mitsuki’s room’ on them.

I proceed to the front door and gently knock on it”

“Mitsuki, are you there?”

I asked with my kindest voice, although I didn’t know why, but I think it’s my fault. Maybe I offend her but I didn’t notice it. I’m truly hopeless when it came to social interaction.

Ever since I moved to the city, I distance myself to the other as much as possible, because I was scared that all of them will hate me again. I decided to run for the vice-president seat because I thought that people will like me in that way.

“Mitsuki’s not here, go away”

She throws a tantrum like a child after hearing me knock.

“Are you angry? Did I do something wrong to you?”

She did not reply, the upper floor was filled with silent since, only the audible sound is the cicada singing from the trees outside. After a while, Mitsuki finally spoke.

“Why are you so kind to me?”

“Hhmm?”

“Why are you so kind to me, I’m one of those who bullies you in the past you know”

“Really? I can’t remember though”

“Why?, when I was a kid, almost everyone likes to bully you so I thought that it was okay to join them since we’re many. Me and my friends throws your shoes into the garbage can, sometimes we would vandalize your seat when you’re not around. It keeps happening for a year until it became our habit… But…”

Mitsuki begun sobbing and continues her speech while letting a flimsy voice.

“But then, I saw you in the back of the school. I saw you coughing blood. You had bruises all over your body, but you’re not crying though, you just lay down there and enduring all of the pain. I feel horrible at that time you know? I throw up from the spot actually, you noticed me and then approach me. I thought that you’re going to burst your anger on me but I was wrong, y-you… You asked me if I was alright… I couldn’t look you in the eyes at that time…”

Now I remember it, I remember seeing a person vomiting behind the school building, I thought that she was sick or something. I didn’t know that it was Mitsuki.

“I thought that I should apologize to you the next day, but I can’t find proper chances so I thought it should be tomorrow. Many days has passed and I still couldn’t apologize to you, because you’re always being surrounded by the bullies, I was afraid that if I apologize to you in front of them I would get bullied too”

She gasp, she’s panting hard that the noises of cicada are overwhelmed.

“Until one day, you stopped coming to school. Every one of them didn’t even care you know? I was angry at that time to them… and most especially to myself. No matter what self harming I do, I can’t get rid of the guilt that I felt. And now that you came back, I thought that you’re finally going to get angry at me… I prepared myself to received your revenge, I prepare myself to be hurt by your harsh words or by your fist”

But I didn’t do it because I don’t remember her… Even if I somehow remember her, I still wouldn’t do it.

“But the actions you take are the most painful thing that I received in my entire life. You didn’t get angry at me, you treated me with respect. How should I deal with that I wonder, I will gladly choose getting hit than being cared by you. And now, you even taught me how to properly cook and egg and compliment me when nobody else does. It’s hard you know, I keep slapping myself in order not to be happy by your words and yet…”

She continues to cry.

“It’s okay Mitsuki. I’m not angry or anything. In fact, I’m happy to see that you’ve grown”

“What’s that? You sounded like an old man”

Mitsuki said, although she’s telling a joke, her sobbing can still be heard.

“Then how about it, would you like to be friend with me?”

There’s no answer, suddenly noise of door unlocking. Mitsuki slowly opens the door, but it was not fully open though, it was half open and she’s peeking behind the gaps.

Her eyes look tired and red, she then slowly opens her dry mouth.

“You… Don’t hate me?”

She asked. Her eyes started to gather tears again as she wait for my response.

“What are you talking? Of course not, and if I somehow hate you, I will forgive you after I see you crying like this”

She hid the half of her face to the door while making some weird noise. It took some time again before she reply.

“Is that true?”

“Of course, won’t you become friends with me? Ah wait, we’re already friends right? Right?”

Tears fall again from her eyes. She was nodding while sweeping her tears.

“That’s right! We’re already friends!”

She said energetically, she started to smile again, looking at me with great vigor.

“Isn’t that right?”

I said. She finally opens the door and hugged me. It’s strange, is this Déjà vu?”

4. JunYaoLao

JunYaoLao Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why dont post this in qidian webnovel? :v

5. Ulolicon

Ulolicon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because this is the only one I know, I tried royal road but there's something off about it.

6. Ulolicon

Ulolicon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shit the qidian webnovel looks good

7. slakids

slakids Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally ...... We have a wall that can protect us from Nuke...:blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

8. AnonymousX

AnonymousX [Deleted]

Reading List:
    Link
    Only managed to read c1 due to time, but looks really good so far!

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  9. HaseoXV

HaseoXV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite Good i like it

10. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Read c1, and great!! It feels awkward at places, but still I like it.

Hoping this turns similar to tayu tayu

11. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    he/she/it needs to improve their English first.

12. JonFazliu

JonFazliu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is something off about royal roadl? Like conspiracy wise?

13. Igneus

Igneus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what's off about royal road?

14. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    In all honesty your story has potential but there are a few things that make me unsettled; your spelling is a 3.9/5, your wording (sentence structure) is about a 3.8/5, your plot is pretty see through but its good 4/5,your setting (I guess) is in japan....this unsettles me the most.

The setting is in Japan and I assume your not from Japan. I just think you should put the setting in either a country you've lived a couple years in because then you could make more connections with the reader.

Finally, I recommend you post this on RRL because it could blast off from there and it might gain popularity.

15. A_Random_Weeb

A_Random_Weeb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hhehehehheheheh can I have my opinion too :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:?
    1st: Grammar! yey the thing that most non-native writers struggles with! I`d rate it 5/10, being the masochistic grammar nazi I am. Tips: practice some exercise of past tenses, subject-verb agreement, relative clause, and omitting "that". From my exp dishing away "that" helps improve the flow alot better :cookie:
    2nd: Sentence structure and word selection! wo hou! I haven`t got the time to get into that really much, but honestly it annoys me to read your language :blobwoah: 4/10. Your dialogs are really natural, however, you really need to practice on the storytelling, especially the means of expressing relations like input-output, cause-result, action sequences. Some useful expressions and conjunctions are: before, after, continuously, kept on...until, right as, the moment that, thus, immediately (no you actually abuse this word quite alot. replace it with things like rapidly or instantly or in a blink of an eye and such). An EXTREMELY useful expression to describe continuous chains of events(that i can`t seem to see you use) is verb ing after comma or at the beginning of the sentence. Like "action clause, v-ing ...." means the v-ing clause happens after that, or "Having done sth...., clause" yea those structures.:blobokhand:.
    3rd: The background is too.... long? Most authors now really favor the "Get right into action!" style and review the bits and chunks of past along the way. There`s a reason why it is used. So maybe if your not using it, shorten the background a lil :blobowoevil:.
    4th: Following up, the timeline! it`s confusing in the 1st chapter, like he reminisced his memories before heading out or what? You need to signal the readers when is the past and when is present. It`s confusing!:blobupset: I don`t have much expertise in working with those, but you need to make it clear at least, unless ur tryin na create some effect.
    5th: Finally, the plot is quite satisfying, better than SAO already :blobReach:!. Much as i despise the harem (and lolis too :blobpoliceangry:) genre, this particular one didn`t tilted me that hard. GJ! Keep on developing the story! Read tips from random websites and senpai authors! Yours is one of the few harem out there that doesn`t annoy the shi... juices out of me and ii bet many others! :blob_pompom:
    6th: Your story took place in Japan and that`s just 9000/10. Nowhere better in this earth to use as setting than Japan!
    Yey much ♥ from a random passing weeb. Have a nice day :aww: