This is NOT Politics

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Found this on a YouTube comment. Was too lazy to read so I used Google translate to listen haha

Diary Entry — Hillary Rodham Clinton — October 30, 2017
    “Spent the day once again wandering the tranquil woods of Chappaqua, New York. An especially lovely day… the kind of day that sort of taps you on the shoulder and foretells of more wonderful days like this ahead. The path I chose on this final Monday of October led me to a pristine creek, where a rather industrious beaver was attempting to make a dam from the scant few sticks that lay on the forest floor. Making his task much more difficult was a large crow, who kept stealing the sticks from the beaver as he was trying to construct his dam. While observing this for a good while, I felt a profound sadness, as I could see the growing despair on the face of the beaver each time the crow swooped in to steal yet another stick. So I decided to intervene on behalf of the much beleaguered beaver. You see, the crow had no fear of the beaver, but he was afraid of me for some reason… perhaps because I had no fear of him. Armed with this insight, I crossed to the edge of the creek, standing very near the dam. Why, I suppose one could even say I “colluded” with the beaver in order to keep the crow away…and allow the busy beaver to finish his good work. And, perhaps I shouldn’t admit this, but I took more than a little pleasure in seeing the deepening frustration on the face of the mean old crow. I couldn’t help but think the rather bizarre thought that, if this crow somehow had access to social media, he’d be tweeting endlessly — not about how he was mercilessly stealing sticks from the beaver, but instead about how I had somehow “colluded” with the beaver. A rare smile formed on my face as I saw the crow finally give up and fly far away into the distance. I then looked over at the beaver. He seemed to be thanking me in his own way, as he stared at me with a look of both relief and undying gratitude. He then flapped his large, flat tail before gleefully descending into the water to continue his day’s handiwork. It was at this moment that I found myself in the gentle embrace of a passing breeze. And as I closed my eyes to enjoy this moment of utter tranquility, I couldn’t help but ask myself, ‘I wonder what’s going on in Washington today?’”

Sharudeis and Ddraig like this.
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    American Novels
    Genre : Politics

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Unde-kyun

Unde-kyun 【FLOATING】【Rowing a rowboat】

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    beaver/10

5. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    Trump:we will build a wall to keep the Mexicans out of here...
    China:we will build a firewall to keep everyone out of here...

Wobbly, leegood, Mizura and 5 others like this.
  6. Jaikteis

Jaikteis 【Box-Lunch Connoisseur】

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen some parody book excerpts, all formatted to look like pictures of the actual pages of the printed book "What Happened" and here is the text from one of those satire pages:

The night before the Oklahoma rally I met with my campaign manger, Robby Mook. Robby was in charge of the campaign computers, but he was so smart that in many was he was like a computer. He had bad news. "Oklahomans see you as an aloof New York intellectual," he explained. "They'll never vote for someone like that. You need an image they can understand and respect."

"What if I ate a big hunk of beef on stage?" I helpfully suggested. "We need to think bigger," said Robby. "I've consulted the Algorithm. It told me that Oklahoma voters love cowboys." I liked where this was going. "It also told me that what they hate most is ... cattle rustlers."

"Robby, you're a genius," I said. We spent that night crafting my new persona, a persona we believed would win me the election. The next day, I sauntered onto an Oklahoma stage wearing a full cowboy outfit, firing a pair of six shooters in the air. "Howdy," I said to the crowd, "I'm Sheriff Hillary," I received the biggest applause of my whole career.

"If there's one thing I hate," I announced, "it's varmints. And the worst varmints of all are cattle rustlers. make me your president and I'll put a bullet between the eyes of every rustler in this state." For emphasis, I bit a chunk out of a hunk of beef.

The crowd roared. They loved it. A chant started: "Death to rustlers! Death to rustlers!" Then a scuffle broke out in the front row. Three men dressed in denim tackled and hogtied a small, weasely-looking fellow. They dragged him up on stage.

"Ms. Clinton," one man said, "this fella here is a rustler. He stole three of my prize cows last spring. If you kill him right now, everyone in this room will vote for you." The crowd began a new chant: "Blood! Blood! Blood!"

The bound man pleaded with me. "Yes, I stole those cows," he said, "but I only did it because my family was starving. Please, spare me. I'll never rustle again." My life and career have been defined by hard choices. This was perhaps the hardest choice of all. My phone buzzed. A text from Robby. It read, "The Algorithm says: the rustler dies." "I'm sorry," I told the man as I raised a pistol. "It's not me. It's the Algorithm."

I squeezed the trigger.

Page 132

Sourced from: https://steemit.com/life/@blakemiles84/clinton-book-excerptish-the-cattle-rustler

7. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh. The wall of text is killing me.
    :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

vlue and Wujigege like this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt read
    Just copy and paste on Google translate and push listen haha

fuzor100 likes this.
  9. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Jaikteis likes this.
  10. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    See wall of text

Scrolls down to comment blobs
    :blobparty:

12. Jaikteis

Reading List:
    Link
    My apologies, I thought it would be convenient to save a click of the mouse and post the associated content.
    I can't say I understand the 'wall of text' complaint. 'It is like saying, reading in large amounts at one time is not worth the trouble'
    That is not to say short bits of text and some pictures don't have their appeal... but I still don't get the 'wall of text' issue.
    No wanting to read a large amount of text due to lack of motivation or interest seems a separate issue. Not that it is anything bad itself.
    Perhaps I just don't get it since I have the expectation that I am going to read text in large and small quantities, and compared to the amount of text I read in various novels and even in the course of a day... all the posts I have read here are comparatively small, even if it would be considered a 'wall of text'.

13. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobninja::blobninja::blobninja::blobninja::blobninja:
    :sushi_cool::sushi_cool::sushi_cool::sushi_cool::sushi_hide:
    :blobspy::blobspy::blobspy::blobspy::blobspy:
    :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
    :blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses:
    :emoji_spam::emoji_spam::emoji_spam::emoji_spam::emoji_spam::emoji_spam::emoji_spam:
    So anyone really read that boring looking wall of text?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  14. Jaikteis

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I read that boring looking wall of text. I won't say it was the most entertaining thing I have read, I will say that it was not boring to the extent that it made me remember the content (or my 'wall of text') that I posted. I am sure it looks all the more boring since there is more text than the original posting. Even if many people read it, I think they would find it boring. Regardless, I thought it related to the original post and 'contributed' my part.

15. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I read both and interesting level of similarity between the two and I agree with your assumption that it "contributed"

Jaikteis likes this.
  16. SirPinha

SirPinha #Vaporwave

Reading List:
    Link
    Thisnis too much insight for one person... That means he was high as fuck!

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You Mean to keep Chinese citizens inside*.

Raneday and Wujigege like this.
  18. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    lol

Shadowdracul likes this.
  19. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely read the wall of text and is currently definitely not stretching this comment out so it gets to fifty characters so I get my nuffies. Definitely not. Yes.

Wujigege likes this.