This is true but sad on some levels

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually i like the newer hindi movies, especially the ones by Ayushman Khurana, a lot...Bollywood is going through a renaissance of sorts i guess.

And believe it or not, I like Wake Up Sid without the items please. Iktara and the title song in it are good enough. Item songs per se aren't much 'Bollywood' as you believe them to be... Trust me i've seen enough B/w guru dutt films to know that. Just check out 'Pyasa' or 'Mr and Mrs 55' if you like a lighter story.

And that thing about YRF dominating the theatres, yes it was true in the single screen era, but India now has multiplexes. We do have variety in our movies now lol.

In regional movies, I don't know about south indian dubs coz i watch them in the original language... I watch marathi movies occasionally and i gotta say i liked Ventilator. But then it was subbed bit dubbed...

P. S. Weird as it is, my favourite actress is Vidya Balan

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Vidya Balan, Pryanka Chopra and that actress that allegedly ruined Hrithik Roshan's marriage.. Kangana Ranaut .. all three have acted in pretty cool Girl Power movies
    I saw Vidya Balan in a movie with Shahid Kapoor or was it Ranbir Kapoor... cant be sure, it was from maybe 2012.She is a great actress.

About Wake Up Sid, the point is not that it is bad. It was a good movie I enjoyed it with Ranbir Kapoor and Kolkatta.. Sinha.. I cant really recall her name.
    The point is that with item numbers being removed, bad remakes will just be bad remakes without the music to make them stand out

3. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankfully Youtube exists as an alternative to conventional media. I'm sure it would *never* make a series of changes to be more inline with conventional media at the expense of what made it a viable platform to begin with...

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope... I don't think Vidya Balan ever acted with Hrithik Roshan. And Why would a bad movie be remade lol
    Imo Pati Patni aur Woh is a bad movie, but maybe there exists an audience for that...

If it's a movie like Chashme Budoor (The old one by Sai Paranjape... That woman has some sass) if love to watch it remade and true to the original with its kinda parody of Bollywood songs and stuff. With. No. Item. Songs.

If you're talking about TV soap operas then yeah, that's in a shitty state

5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Kangana Ranaut acted with Hrithik Roshan in Krrish 3
    I am not saying a bad movie is remade
    I was talking to someone who pointed out that some Bollywood movies are just bad remakes of Hollywood movies
    I said that the remakes were fine until they started removing item numbers, without the item numbers, it is just a bad remake with no benefit to watching it

6. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    The first is partially true. The most important thing for me is how the original humour is totally destroyed (and i understand it is important sometimes as it can't be directly translated) and also how they turn the swear words into some utter bullshit and try to mix unnecessary humour in serious scenes too:facepalm:
    Anyway i watch many movies in English and Hindi both so yes the difference becomes too big sometimes that i think if i am even watching the same thing or not:blobexpressionless:

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    but for how long will it last? offbrand artist are being hunted down, their last stronghold twitter has fallen and the faction of overly sensitive people are terrorizing game developers as we know it... is there hope?

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Those 'think about the children' task force and the 'video games promotes violence' cult have been hounding their ideals for years, but not much have change. Violent games are still violent. Overly sexualized game character still exist. People who played games and paid for those games wants it that way.
    Unless disney take over, its gonna be all right. The last bastion will stand.

9. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    The disney empire is powerful but in times of unrest heroes and warriors will rise to meet the coming onslaught... as you say fellow nuffian the last bastion will not fall!:blobhero:~