Spoiler This Isekai Maid is Forming a Union!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hernd234232, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Hernd234232

Hernd234232 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Summary
    Anyone who raises their hand to a maid will feel Bridgette's wrath!
    Bridgette is a young woman who has been Isekai'd 10 times as a maid, and she has had enough of Otome protagonists abusing their power, slapping maids, and using them as pawns to do their dirty work.
    Her solution? Form a union, protect her coworkers, and bring the worst house down! The only people who should be "put in their place" are those who raise their hands to their employees!

Links
    https://tapas.io/series/This-Isekai-Maid-is-Forming-a-Union/info
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/challen...s-forming-a-union/list?title_no=699696&page=1

Guys,You better check it out ,It's a webcomic series I found from the two sites tapas and webtoons, which is written and drawn by FrostLight Comics whose tumblr link is here https://catesartworks.tumblr.com/

It tells the perspective of a maid who decides to form a union against her rich oppressors for workplace abuse because she was reincarnated 10 times in every otome isekai story and experienced the torture of being abused by the characters and unlike the other female otome isekai protagonist who died in the modern world and reincarnated as a different person in a fantasy world ,she shared a soul with her alternate counterpart once in the modern world who is still alive but read the previous otome isekai stories which lead her to believe her life throughout various worlds are not only fiction but she will have to relieve the repeated experience of torture all over again to which that she will no longer tolerate.

This is considered a unique genre deconstruction of the tropes of the otome isekai genre including Korean ones from a western perspective along with its metafictional elements, as it focuses on the perspective of a lower class instead of the upper class and addresses the abuse and toxic ideals in the otome isekai genre.

Also unlike a certain isekai deconstruction manga series which was cancelled after one chapter due to ripping off characters from every isekai series in Japan https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-06-28/kakegurui-writer-homura-kawamoto-isekai-revenge-manga-canceled-after-1-chapter/.174529#:~:text=The editors of Kadokawa

This one is original and western,heck It's made by the artwork of one person and not by a team who adds 3d models and "castle-nims",You better check the series out in both taps and webtoons.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    MisaLissa, lostross, iwillsay and 7 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone, seeing that anyone didn't give a reply in this thread ,I will just give one anyway starting with a recap of the latest 6th chapter
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/challen...isode-06/viewer?title_no=699696&episode_no=13
    but the rest of the chapters, you can check it out for yourselves

It will have Bridgette talking about the incident from the previous chapter to her fellows maids during poker night. One of them talks about the upcoming character of the series Nora Williams as mentioned from the promo one-shot who wants to form a union against the Ander's Households and the other shows Bridgette a reprint of a true story from 20 years ago about a servant (whose name and gender was censored) who was abused by "Duke R" which is actually related to an incident many years ago involving one of Bridgette's previous incarnations who was a maid to a otome isekai protagonist named Delilah Angelica Rose

and reading that chapter, I am impressed with the series as it continue to deconstruct and subvert the tropes of the otome isekai genre ,I am going to explain my take on how the future chapters plays out which is taken from the promo one-shot

In the upcoming chapter,Anette will wake up in her bedroom and will go through the otome isekai heroine tropes like looking into the mirror ,realizing she is the character of this fiction, along with the mention of the "getting hit by a vehicle" part while Bridgette tells Anette's backstory ,her past life and the premise of the story “Momentary duchess” to us readers,Then later chapters will have Anette as she is about to slap Bridgette until the latter reveals to her that she knows her past life ,and how she was fired from her company for reporting about workplace abuse which cause Anette to receive a Bsod moment on how Bridgette knows her secret and then the future chapter will have Bridgette meeting Nora and help her form a Maid union by having every servants from the noble households join them with the support from Anette ( I think) to overthrow their rich oppressors.

Now before I am done writing this replay,I will explain my prediction on how the series ends
    Bridgette's maid union have finally overthrown their noble oppressors, who will be punished for abusing their servants including the Anders household along with Lord Demeter who will probably be sentenced to life or death for workplace abuse and attempted murder of servants,and the people both commoners and nobility are treated as equals, including the people of Limpetta while Anette who is bittersweet will never get a love interest or not will become a better noble or reduce as a commoner which turns out to better for her.Then we are treated to a time skip where Bridgette is retired ,middle-aged and lived a peaceful life and gets respect from fellow commoners and servants as she is one of the founders of the maid union that overthrow the cruel tyranny of the nobles,
    She then gets a vision from her other self from the modern world, who is now fascinated with the changed premise of the story, especially when it involves the maid as the protagonist.Bridgette believes that she might reincarnate as a maid once again in another world and will relive the abuse and torture all over again, but at least she improved this world into a better version and hope that it will affect her future incarnations by standing up to their rich oppressors and sure enough the series cuts to another otome isekai story where an otome isekai protagonist is about to abuse a new maid servant until another incarnation of Bridgette who is the head maid stops her and reminds her to treat the poor maid like a fellow human being and after the otome isekai protagonist leaves the two maids alone, the older maid then asks the younger one if she would like to join her maid union for protection which she accepts ending the series.

What do you think? Anyway, if you guys read the series, leave the comments down in the thread.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  4. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that if there will be no isekai thing and she will use her own intelligence to overthrow the abusive employers then it would be cool.
    Anyways, thank you for sharing this interesting series.:blobokhand:

5. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome, but eventhough you claimed there is no isekai thing ,there is mention of this genre in this series.

your crush likes this.
  6. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, just a reminder that Chapter 7 is here

And this is the considered the first half of the story that focuses on one of Bridgette's previous incarnations who was a maid to a otome isekai protagonist named Delilah Angelica Rose.It reflects and deconstructs on a trope to most of the otome isekai genre stories even Korean ones where the protagonist use their knowledge from the modern world to invent stuff in the past fantasy version and claims to have invented everything and took credit from the one who truly invented it,Doctor Elise and The lady with the Smartphone use this trope and the Yankee in king Arthur's court is the tropes early predecessor eventhough its satire and then it ends with a maid slapping Delilah which influenced Bridgette's previous incarnation

I think that I will be looking forward to the next chapter

Where it will show the fate of the maid who slapped Bridgette who is either exiled or death and how Bridgette's Previous incarnation will be killed off and at the end of the chapter where Bridgette in the present is getting ready for her maid duty in the servant room when she heard the news from her fellow servant that Anette is waking up

Also, if anyone visit or read this thread, please leave a comment and tell me what you think of the series?

8. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys ,Chapter 8 is here
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/challen...isode-08/viewer?title_no=699696&episode_no=21
    https://tapas.io/episode/2385898
    It's just an aftereffect when Anne a fellow servant of Muriel (Bridgette's previous incarnation) slapped Delilah leading to her resignation along with the rest but inspires hope to Muriel along with her future incarnation Bridgette along with the racist divide between the Limpettas and Teffrahs from Demeters perspective

I hope someone should leave a comment in this thread because it didn't get more comment like the survive romance thread in novelupdate ,also The webcomic is mentioned on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/OtomeIseka..._chapter_this_isekai_maid_is_forming_a_union/

9. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 9 here
    https://tapas.io/episode/2410984
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/challen...isode-09/viewer?title_no=699696&episode_no=22

It's just a bathhouse/onsen chapter with the girls talking but it tells a backstory about lord Demeter himself and the death of his father by his Limpetta maid who was raped by him to give birth and we were supposed to be sympathetic with him which is unlikely, and the chapters ending will lead to something tragic that will lead to Annete's awakening,If there is a magic stone that will help them avoid getting injured.

Also leave a comment in this thread

10. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love this one, it's actually really engaging to read and really well written and illustrated.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  11. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks ,now if only I need more people to write in the thread to talk about the series and hope that people will write a recap incase if i am not around.

Fostofina likes this.
  12. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 10 is here
    https://tapas.io/episode/2410989
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/challen...isode-10/viewer?title_no=699696&episode_no=23

And it looks like the girls have survived from Lord Demeter wrath for now,And judging by the next chapter it seems the Bridgette and Shellie are surprised that Anette is waking up from her coma
    It will be the backstory about Anette's "previous incarnation" in the modern world before her death along with the rest of the plot points of "Momentary Duchess" under Bridgette's narration

Also,
    Though Anette claims that she will not fall in love for Lord Demeter ,It seems unlikely as she will fall in love with him,spare him and become a couple unless Bridgette who knows the story from the memory of her alternate counterpart will encourage Anette not to fall in love with Demeter.

and to whoever read this thread please leave a comment

13. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11
    This is when Bridgette reveals the premise of 'Momentary Duchess' and her role in this story
    This is when Bridgette reveals the premise of 'Momentary Duchess' and her role in this story
    about the woman from the 'modern world' who is reincarnated/transmigrated to Annette about how she read the novel ,how she died,then reincarnated and then reveals the full plot of the otome isekai novel.
    Then in chapter 11 or 12 ,Shellie will at first shocked by the revelation but will calm herself down and will still consider Bridgette as her friend, but Bridgette will tell Shellie that she will take her place to be on Anette's side in order to prevent Shellie from getting hurt

14. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone, Chapter 12 is here :
    https://tapas.io/episode/2432583
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/challen...isode-12/viewer?title_no=699696&episode_no=25

Where Bridgette explains the details of Momentary duchess to her friend Shellie and the life of the protagonist before she was reincarnated as Anette along with the title of the novel she read called " 'Betrothed to the grave'" which felt like a Gothic horror novel while at the same time Anette explains the premise of "Betrothed to the grave"

I think this is the moment where Bridgette and Anette will finally meet face to face

Also, when Bridgette explains about parallel universe to Shellie, it's like a Timey-Wimey Ball" theory from the 10th doctor from doctor who.

15. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry,I haven't updated a bit recently got a bit busy but anyway the latest chapter that is chapter 14 is here
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/challen...sode-14/viewer?title_no=699696&episode_no=27\
    https://tapas.io/episode/2467207

It focuses on the backstory of Marina about her education before she was expelled and how it's related to the inequality between the people of Limpette and Teffrah and how a person who is the highest position in the order just use his close friends and relatives to fill in the same positions with him which sadly is similar to what happens in our real world today and at the end of this chapter is where we finally see the moment where Bridgette fianlly confronts Anette which I attached this picture to this thread here

[​IMG]

16. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been following the story since I first stumbled on this thread! I love the nuances and layers of all the social hierarchies. Also the female characters are great and really varied.

Hernd234232 likes this.
  17. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems investing... I get really turned off when they immediately adapt to being classiest when they isekai

18. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah,so true, I hope you keep on writing in the thread and look forward to the future chapter of the series.

Creolenerd likes this.
  19. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll probably get more people talking about it on the Otome Isekai subreddit. People here are normally looking for spoilers but this is an English original so there's none.

Fostofina likes this.
  20. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will! I am reading it on Webtoons right now!

Hernd234232 likes this.