Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    THE NOVEL IS FULLY SPOILED AND EXPLAINED ON THE 1ST PAGE. USE TOC FOR MORE SPOILERS.

787177-A4-4868-4397-AF7-A-51-E88243066-E.jpg 10001.jpg

10001.jpg

This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway.

The plan was perfect.

And there was no better match than the prim playboy of the Escalante family.

“After we get married, everything will be different. You will be more free than before our marriage.”

“What about you?”

“Under the duties as your wife, I will do what is justifiable. It will be done regardless of you.”

“So, you’re saying you’re going to have a child but you’re not going to do this kind of thing with me?”

This was because she didn’t need a decent husband, but a man who would someday be legally removed from her life.

When he can fill the petition up with the names of the women he fooled around with overnight, then she can become a successful Ortega woman.

But then…

“I am not going to lay a finger on a woman who is not you, and until you give birth to a child, until you give birth to the next child, and then regardless of any child, I will satisfy you and I will make you satisfy me.”

“……”

“I don’t need such dog-like freedom or privacy that you want to give me so badly. There’s no such thing as that in the first place from the marriages I know of.”

The Duchess of Escalante refuses to live with the Duke of Escalante. Divorce due to unilateral fault.

“I’m a son of a bit*h but I’m more faithful than you think. Inés Valeztena.”

Inés Valeztena strives for a wonderful life.

“So I will never betray my family.”

Until her promiscuous fiancé betrays her by saying he will not betray her.

“I’m sorry, but you can’t live a life separated from me. Inés Valeztena.”

Alternate titles -
    이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / Broken Ring : This Marriage Will Fail Anyway. / This Marriage Is Bound To Sink Anyway.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    Marane101, Gily85, Salim125 and 47 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    *READ the spoilers given before asking for more because the entire novel has been spoiled. Thank You.*

TABLE OF CONTENTS

• Alternative Title: 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다
    • Raw Link: Serial | Volume (HOW TO VERIFY AND PURCHASE OVERSEAS)
    • Official Translated Novel Link
    • How to read MTL
      Verifying on Ridibooks for age:
      1. Use a browser that can MTL sites like Chrome or Edge
      2. Go to Ridibooks site https://ridibooks.com/
      3. Click on ‘Sign Up’ and sign up for an account
      4. After verifying your email for your account, go to https://help.ridibooks.com/hc/ko/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1500000544502
      5. Fill out the form and send in picture of your ID. Only need to show your name, date of birth and expiry date. May cover every other information.
      6. Submit form
      7. It may take less than a day to a few days for them to verify you. They do not send an email to say you’re verified. You just have to go back to your account and if you see the covers for 19+ works, then that means you’re verified.

How to unlock chapters and read MTL:
      1. Use a browser that can MTL sites like Chrome or Edge
      2. Go to the link for the novel https://ridibooks.com/books/2236000472 (Only the serial version is easy to MTL from. There is a volume version of the novel that includes the illustrations but more time consuming to MTL so I recommend MTLing from serial. I translated from volumes but it’s pretty much the same as the serial aside from slight changes such as Corona to Acevedo and combining some sentences into small paragraphs.)
      3. To read for free, you may unlock one chapter for free daily to read but if you want to read in bulk and purchase go to next step
      4. You may purchase Ridipoints in bulk at https://ridibooks.com/order/checkout/cash or you may purchase the episodes by just simply checking each episode and click ‘Selection’ to pay directly
      5. For foreigners, there is an option called ‘Credit card issued overseas’
      6. Check the agreement
      7. After purchasing the episodes, you may simply click on the episodes to read on the browser. Assuming you are using browsers that support translating the site directly, you can read directly on there.
    • Novel covers
    • OST pt1 (lyrics explanation) (English ver.)
    • TW Artist-nim and Storyteller-nim end of season 1 interview
    • Twitter fanarts - [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6], [7], [8], [9], [10], [11], [12], [13]
    Q. What happened to the translation on NU?
    WordPress got DMCA and removed the fan translation.

Q. Does the ML cheat after marriage?
    No, he does not.

Q. Does the FL care about him cheating during engagement?
    No she does not care and wants him to do it. If you want to know more, go to spoilers.

MAIN PROTAGONISTS & MAIN FAMILIES

◊ Female Lead: Inés Escalante de Perez (formerly Inés Valeztena de Perez)
    ◊ Male Lead: Cárcel Escalante de Esposa
    ◊ Ricardo Escalante
    ◊ Ivana Escalante
    ◊ Ignacio Escalante
    Cárcel, Inés and their kids
    ◊ Juan Escalante: Cárcel’s father
    ◊ Isabella Escalante: Cárcel’s mother
    ◊ Miguel Escalante: Cárcel’s younger brother
    ◊ Leonel Valeztena: Inés’s father
    ◊ Olga Valeztena: Inés’s mother
    Luciano Valeztena: Inés’s older brother (His novel 내 눈의 빛을 꺼주소서 is not out yet)
    ◊ Maximiliano Valenza: Emperor of Ortega / Oscar’s father
    ◊ Cayetena Valenza: Empress of Ortega / Oscar’s mother / Cárcel’s paternal aunt
    ◊ Oscar Valenza
    ◊ Alicia Valenza (formerly Alicia Barca): Oscar’s fiancée and wife in 1st and 4th timelines

◊ Matteo (official illegitimate son)
    Dolores Signorelli (unofficial illegitimate daughter)

NOVEL SUMMARIES: MAIN STORY & EPILOGUE
    SIDE STORY
    AUTHOR'S REVIEW
    IF SIDE STORY
    ▸ IF side story - [1-3], [4], [5], [6], [7], [8], [9-10], [11], [12], ending

AUTHOR’S Q&A
    Q&A, Part 1
    ▸ Inés did not initially love Emiliano but grew to love him over time
    ▸ Author confirms it’s guilt that Inés felt towards Emiliano in the fourth timeline, not love
    ▸ Cárcel's early deaths in second and third timelines
    ▸ Cárcel's wishes for his wife, Inés, after the second and third timelines
    ▸ Oscar's thought process between timelines
    Q&A, Part 2
    ▸ Inspiration for the story
    ▸ Meanings behind Inés and Cárcel's names
    ▸ Explanation of Cárcel's premarital lifestyle in fourth timeline
    ▸ Difference in Cárcel's personality between first and fourth lifetimes
    ▸ Valeztena family's difficult situation in the third timeline and aftermath of Inés's death
    Q&A, Part 2B
    ▸ Explanation of the factors that influenced Cárcel's promiscuity in the fourth lifetime
    Q&A, Part 3
    ▸ About Oscar and care the author put into writing him
    ▸ Explanation of why Inés married Oscar in the second timeline
    ▸ Importance of Cárcel's wet dream in the fourth timeline
    ▸ Explanation of why Luciano killed Oscar in the first timeline

MANHWA TO NOVEL: SERIAL TO NOVEL VOLUME CHAPTERS GUIDELINE
    Volume 1
    Volume 2
    Volume 3
    Volume 4
    * Note: Just because the manhwa follow all the events in the novel does not mean they follow it exactly. Most scenes have more than half the parts chopped off to rush the story.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
    GOVERNING PRINCIPLES OF NOVEL WORLD
    ◊ World is based on Catholicism
    ◊ Reincarnation / Dimensions / Alternate Timelines DO NOT exist in this story
    ◊ Only one life / lifetime applies in accordance with Catholic principles. Regression restarts the world anew and erases previous lifetimes
    Fate / Regression / Time

Memories & Punishment

TIMELINE
    FIRST TIMELINE

SECOND TIMELINE
    THIRD TIMELINE
    FOURTH TIMELINE
    ◊ Brainwashing & Manipulation

◊ Divorce Plan
    ◊ Wedding & Calztela "Healing" arc
    Cárcel and Inés's wedding night
    Cárcel's reflection on his wedding night about how Inés closed herself off from him

Cárcel realizes his love for Inés
    Before and after seizure, Inés reaffirms her goal is to die naturally without making any more mistakes; not Emiliano

Note: His shippers need to stop lying about reading the novel and stop being delusional that the novel is even about them when he's barely mentioned in the novel. The manhwa only extends his panels to make him seem important when he's not brought up as much as people think in the novel.
    Inés asserts she has no intention of hooking up with a possible lover after her divorce
    Inés admits she feels "somewhat bitter" when she thinks of Cárcel treating another woman with the same softness with which he treats her
    Cárcel's love confession
    Cárcel thinks of the romantic miracle of their house atop Logorno hill
    Inés admits that Oscar's name has always been linked to hers except in this lifetime
    Inés reflects on the way Cárcel makes her feel safe; she considers him "inside the border"
    Inés asks Cárcel to keep loving her and wait for her to open up to him (about her past)
    ◊ Mendoza arc
    ◊ War / Battlefield arc
    ◊ Letters
    ◊ After Main Story End:
    Other
    SMUT EXCERPTS & SUMMARIES
    GENERAL SPOILERS & DISCUSSIONS
    First lifetime was most tragic lifetime where “genuine” innocence was destroyed by one depraved woman's jealousy
    Explanation of how timeline leaks through work with Fate
    Cárcel is "misunderstood" as a playboy
    Why Cárcel needed to "cheat" for plot purpose
    Despite Inés's walls and determination not to love Cárcel, her heart couldn't help but love him
    Inés and Cárcel kiss deeply at the admiral banquet and Inés forgot her no-kissing rule
    Exposition on Inés's beautiful love confession about how much Cárcel's love has changed her life
    Inés and Emiliano were never meant to be; he was a "means of escape" precipated by her desperation to escape Oscar
    Outline of Emiliano's appearances in the main story and more
    Inés has an equal relationship with Cárcel
    Cárcel's love for Inés in all timelines
    Summary of the third timeline
    Why Emiliano and Luca had to die
    About Inés and her choice of Oscar and Emiliano
    Why Inés suffered tragedies and Inés's wrong choices and fate
    Comparison Chart showing the gains/losses Inés experienced in each timeline
    About Oscar, Leonel and Inés's choice in marriage
    Olga's deleterious influence on Inés in the first and second timelines
    Cárcel's cute letters and fluffy moments and Sweet Moments
    Inés and Cárcel's ages throughout main and side stories
    Inés and Isabella's relationship and more
    ▸ Inés's fashion: [1], [2], [3], [4]
    When Cárcel finds out about Inés' death in 2nd and 3rd lifetime
    ▸ Time period: 1850s-early 1900s [1], [2]

Cárcel becoming the window, bridge and link to the world for Ines
    Power and wealth between Valeztena and Escalante
    NOVEL TRANSLATION CORNER: Tappytoon vs Original Text (Papago & Google Translate & Fan translation)
    Chapter 20: Inés did not call Emiliano “the love of her life” in the original text.
    error on Carcel's age
    Twitter thread refuting “Love of her life” in Tappytoon’s translation
    Importance of accurate translation and the men Ines referred to possessively
    Spanish lingo removed from raws in official translation
    Twitter thread refuting “One True Love” in Tappytoon’s translation and edit
    Ines' primary focus
    correction of words from ep40-45
    missing lines from ep47 and Tweet
    Ines' thought on her wedding with Emiliano
    more errors - episode 59

errors on ep59 and 64
    culturally incongruous and anatopic with Tappytoon translation
    removal of author's style of writing
    episode 116
    episode 120, extended
    episode 116 "unwanted child"
    episode 138 "grimace"
    episode 1 "a pair of mating ants", Tappytoon made edit but ebooks did not
    episode 176 "innocence and sweetness"
    MANHWA ADAPTATION:
    Author's response about manhwa on Carcel and Ines
    Extended conversation for manhwa chs 7-8

Ines' hint to her former alcohol addiction c14
    Ines' nipple & Carcel's boner c17
    meanings behind flowers and butterflies c17
    Ines' areola c17
    Carcel's boner c18
    ▸ c19 - house asset and reed, reed symbolism, more on reed symbolism
    Ines' scar c12 & Carcel's scars c18
    End of manhwa ch 19
    Ines' nipple in c23
    debunking Emiliano shippers who claimed manhwa said Ines called him the light of her life, change in c11
    Changes in place names from novel
    Manhwa prologue foreshadowing of the one who is her Midnight Sun and Light in Darkness
    wrong time period boats

Ines' nightmare of Emiliano and Luca
    Inés's POV: Novel vs Manhwa
    Poor manhwa adaptation of Inés's complicated feelings towards Luciano

Ines calling Carcel during her nightmare
    Ines' jealousy, extended
    All the times Ines laughed/smiled around Carcel before conversation with Raul that were removed from the manhwa
    Preconceived notion removed from manhwa

Chapter 54 mistranslation, edit
    Flaws in Chapter 47 and 56
    Flaws in Chapter 52 and 59
    skewed retellings in the special chapters

OTHER INFORMATION:

SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL SPOILER CONTENT PROVIDERS
    Biggest Contributor:
    @NohrNeir
    Other Contributors: @CelesKnox / @_potato / @Gothita

Thank you @Celebrianna for editing this ToC
    FONT USED: Trebuchet MS

*READ the spoilers given before asking for more because the entire novel has been spoiled. Thank You.*

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024 at 5:56 AM
  3. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  4. _potato

_potato Keeps dropping novels ㅠㅠ

Reading List:
    Link
    ATTENTION!
    This novel is really angsty. IF you are sensitive to:
    • ML not being a virgin, cheating at the start(he does but not in the middle of the marriage/when he fell in love)
    • Bad parents
    • Scheming FL
    • Depression
    • Suicide
    • Sad backstory
    • A delulu girl
    • Long but steady development(i mean its 500 chaps)
    Please dont spread hate on this novel and the translator/spoiler. If its not your taste, please read something else. Thank you :blobmelt:

P. S. Carcel(카셀) is the best ML out of all the novels i have ever read. :blobxd: One of their past lives made me cry a lot (the last volume/epilogue) :blob_grin:.

Its a pretty novel that you'd want to reread a lot. (its actually better appreciated when re-reading because of the early foreshadows leading to the last volume).

Lets wait for @NohrNeir-nim's spoilers

Ec-kPjEUwAAeFSP.jpeg Ei7WRvhUwAAla9u.jpeg EgNi0J4U4AAiGYk.jpeg EheFpVKVgAAw8Ba.jpeg
    And this basically sums up their relationship:
    Egxq8KBU8AAuKZ0.jpeg
    EnXQEzbXMAIghGL.jpeg
    EifwePRVgAAeuTa.jpeg
    Whoever made these fan arts, bless you theyre so pretty and so on point :blob_teary:

The cover art for the serial version:
    [​IMG]
    Img_5382_0-book_reader_ReadEra.png

There are official illustrations by the cover's artist in each volume when you buy the book version in ridibooks (https://ridibooks.com/books/2236001337) , please support the author if one day, youd like to see them/if ur impatient to wait for the tl. (btw its expensive but worthhh)

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  5. peachbabyblue

peachbabyblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping for spoiler here! :blob_plusone:
    Since it’s angsty for some reason I will wait for the spoiler / summarized here. I think my heart can’t take it if I read it via MTL (and 500 chapters... welp I don’t think I can burn my eyes that long:blob_teary:)
    I want to ask one thing, it’s a happy ending right?

athena1979, Laerta, mewylve and 3 others like this.
  6. _potato

_potato Keeps dropping novels ㅠㅠ

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeas it is
    image0-4.jpg

Fairy.Land, assiralc_, nyxxx and 81 others like this.
  7. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link

oof that is pretty hhhhh, if he cheated even after marriage that is sort of a turn off unless there is an actual reason as to why he did that like shutty upbringing, which im guessing it is.

SO CUTE OMFGGG

also please give more spoilers when you have time!!

Fairy.Land, assiralc_, Ahmya and 7 others like this.
  8. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The actual 'cheating' happened before marriage. They were engaged at that point which was what MC wanted from when they were kids, there were really no emotional attachments to begin with.
    actually there was, but ML was young at that point to know what it was.
    By definition you could consider that as cheating. But its only up to that point. It's quite wholesome in a weird way why he did what he did before their marriage.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  9. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: I think I'm already reading it almost for the 10th time soon.

But yes, favorite novel and best ML, also FL~

To Readers who are here just for smut, I would say it's more dirty talks than actual smut.
    To readers who aren't comfortable reading religion, Catholicism is very strongly conveyed in the background of the plot and setting. There are Bible verses in the story, the reason for regression, also linked to their faith. The setting is similar to Spain during late Spanish Inquisition or right after (similar setting to late 18th century to early 19th century Spain). Religion is still a somewhat important factor in the country. Characters go to mass and pray a lot. Ines also reads the Bible often. Slight hints against gays or bis. (I'm not religious but I know some people might be uncomfortable reading something this strongly conveyed in a story.)
    To readers who may have issue because Carcel cheated, Ines let him and even staged/manipulated most of them.
    To readers who may have issue with Ines's manipulation, It's not uncommon to be as such when trying to just survive.

It's long so spoilers won't be as detailed.

Also I don't think it's angst since I dislike angst but different opinions, I guess. Also different focus. Ines lived 4 times so if you're focusing on her 1st-3rd timeline, then I guess it's angst, but the story plot is written in the 4th timeline, which I focused on, so it's mainly fluff, which I like. The 1st-3rd timelines only appeared in flashbacks and dreams so I don't have a strong sense of the angst. I guess I can say the author balanced the tragedy and happiness well.

Prologue
    • Carcel was caught for the first time almost making out with another lady at a banquet by his fiancée of 17 years.
    • He would go to visit her right after that and Ines would reveal to him that she doesn't like him so she doesn't care if he plays around with other women. Carcel thought she just started to dislike him because of that. He didn't know all along he was being manipulated by her.
    Chapter 1. Carcel Escalante's position
    • Carcel was engaged to Ines when they were both 6 years old. She chose him because of his pretty face, or so she told her father. His aunt, Empress Cayetana, also tried to get her nephew, Carcel, and Ines to be engaged so Ines won't have to marry her son, Oscar. Cayetana thinks her son is too good for anyone even if Ines is the best female out there in the empire. The only marriageable daughter from the top 5 Duke families out of the 17 aristocratic families.
    • Carcel was harassed and almost killed by Oscar every time they're alone because Oscar had always wanted to marry Ines but she chose Carcel.
    • When the three are together, Ines typically ignore them both since she hates Oscar and is indifferent towards Carcel. (From when she was 6 she had been manipulating him by reminding Carcel he is too good for her and she "loves" him. She even created habits such as always want to be clean around her since she'll make everyone wash their hands when they enter her room.)
    • Her being 6 was the last time he thought of her as "cute". Her personality and appearance made it difficult for him to find her cute. She's always cold to everyone and dressed in black like a nun.
    • Back to Carcel visiting Ines. Carcel didn't believe that she would be fine with him cheating on her, but Ines told him that she doesn't like him since if there's someone she loves, she would've wanted to kill him but she doesn't want to kill him so that meant she doesn't like him enough to care what he does.
    • Somehow he got upset knowing that she doesn't like him so he grabbed her and tried to make amends. She told him to release her but he wouldn't and started spouting that she's the only woman for him and the only woman who can make him erect. Carcel internally thought he had gone crazy but then Ines stripped herself and asked him to prove how much he wanted her then. When he saw her naked, he didn't care anymore and decided to just keep dreaming since having sex in a dream isn't so bad, even though it was Ines. (This event actually happened in their 1st lifetime.)
    • His young brother, Miguel, woke him up, and Carcel started cursing him out for waking him up from his dream.
    • Carcel talked with one of his men and friend, Jose about it. He was clearly very upset that Ines lets him cheat, despite saynig how great it is to have a fiancée and soon to be wife that let's him sleep around. Juan doesn't see the issue since it's most men's dream to have a wife that let them sleep around, but Carcel views it otherwise. To him before and after marriage it's different. He wouldn't sleep around after marriage.
    • But since that dream, he just kept dreaming of having sex with Ines and even when he tried to meet up with other women during his vacation at Mendoza, he can't erect with them. He concluded his penis is broken and he needs to return back to his post at Calztela to recover. He tried to avoid Ines since he felt guilty for having such perverted dreams of her.
    • He still managed to see her when he went to see a piano event and she wanted to meet him to mend their relationship after that talk. So when they were heading home, she went to Escalente's manor instead before heading home. Carcel erected while they were in the carriage together. Actually he had been imagining her doing all sorts of thing and him doing all sorts of things to her everyday and everywhere. He used a cushion to hide his erection and Ines gave him a weird look. He didn't think she would know what that means though since Ines never been in a relationship before or care about such things.
    • Ines had already knew of all his playing around. Carcel didn't think she would've known. The first time he did it was when he was 15. He had always tried to escape their marriage since he didn't really like her (because of her manipulations). He went to military academy afterward and after that he became a soldier and stayed in Calztela most of the time, so he rarely sees Ines.
    • When they talked at his family home, he ended up kissing her to prove his point that he will remain faithful to her after marriage. It was their first kiss, and his first time seeing her blush. It was a face he often seen in his dreams. He felt satified kissing her. From there he told her that he will only kiss her and have sex with only her even after their marriage, after her having kids.
    Chapter 2. Ines Baleztena's position
    • Ines recalled having died for the first time at 26. (At this point she doesn't know she had already died 3 times and think her 2nd life was her 1st. She had no recollection of her 1st life until much later.)
    • From that (2nd) life where she died 26, she was married to Oscar. She was living a great life, or so she thought, until she found out that he was the reason she went through all 4 miscarriages. The imperial family kept harassing her because she can't give birth and they call her cursed. It was only later found out when she got syphilis that her husband had been sleeping around everywhere with men and women, prostitutes and mistresses, didn't matter, even having orgy sections.
    • Ines took a gun that he had gave her before (actually was given by Carcel but he gave Oscar to give to her so she doesn't know) and shot herself in the head in front of Oscar.
    • She thought she finally died but then came back to when she was 16 years old, 4 months before her marriage with Oscar. To escape that, she seduced the painter's assistant, Emiliano, who had came to her estate to create a painting for her marriage to the prince. She basically went to Emiliano's guest room that night naked and told him to take her. He fallen for her immediately after that. Ines gave him a medallion her grandmother had given to her before.
    • They ran away after and she married him and they lived together in poverty but with love for 4 years. She even had a baby boy with him but then Luciano, her brother, came and killed Emiliano and tried to take her back home. Oscar had her family drag her back home. Her family tried to force her to marry a Count (Since Oscar can't have her as his crown princess since she had another husband before- it appears many people misunderstand this. Her family did not force her to marry the count to be Oscar's mistress. This is Oscar's plan behind the scenes using his mother to force Ines to marry the count for their forgiveness).
    • When Ines found out that they're going to have her child killed in the guise of sending him away to be adopted, so she killed her child, unwilling to let another person kill him and committed suicide again before her remarriage.
    • When she awoken again, she lived from when she was 6 (one can notice there's a pattern from 26 > 16 > 6, it will be brought up again much later on). Starting from 6 years old, she can do more to escape her marriage with Oscar.
    • That didn't mean Oscar still didn't try to appeal himself to her. He would give her gifts, such as his own portrait to her. She would kick them and pretend she accidentally stepped on it. When she's with Carcel, she doesn't think much of him since even in her past memories all she could remember was his playboy rumors and she stopped seeing him often because Oscar hated his cousin. Oscar would get jealous every time they're hanging out. (Oscar knows that Carcel loved Ines. Carcel had loved Ines in all lifetimes.)
    • Ines plots to marry the "playboy" so she can end in divorce afterward after having a child with him.
    • She persuaded her father that she wanted to marry the best looking person, and that's Carcel. She even told her father she doesn't want to marry a guy who will become bald in the future. She told her father that the emperor is balding so Oscar will probably be bald in the future, and the Duke of Escalente still has a head full of hair so Carcel won't be bald. Her father is a doting father who spoils his only daughter so even if he doesn't like her choice, he let her marry whoever she wishes.
    Chapter 3. Betrayal of saying that I will not betray
    • Ines recalled Carcel promising to be faithful to her and got upset since she wanted him to cheat on her. Her maid, Juana, doesn't understand her concerns. Carcel is the best marriage man anyway, aside from his promiscuous background, he was well known in the navy, heir to the duke, most handsome man. Ines kept saying she's not good enough for him but Juana can't see that either since she thinks people just can't see her good points.
    • Carcel had Jose spied on Ines for him. After their talk he thought Ines might have a secret lover and got upset about it so he had Jose dig up secrets on her. Carcel doesn't know he was feeling jealous and not sure why he's trying to dig up relationships of her. Jose thought Carcel was trying to find a secret to stop the marriage but Carcel wasn't doing that. Even if he had wanted to always delay it, he doesn't think he could ever marry someone else besides Ines.
    • Carcel ended up pushing up their marriage due to his dreams. He couldn't erect or have sex with other women anymore so he decided he should just rush to marry her and just enjoy sex again with her legally and not have to feel depressed about it in his dreams.
    • Carcel and Miguel had dinner with the Valeztena family. Ines was eating well while her father was complaining and spewing insults to Carcel. He opposed the marriage since Carcel was known for his promiscuous relationships and hated that his daughter will marry a used rag. Ines didn't care and told her father that she can't waste her fiance's good looking face so she should share him. She compared him to a salt mine. Carcel felt odd being compared to a mine and having Ines allowing him to sleep around.
    • Her mother, Olga, got drunk and started insulting her daughter to Carcel. She approved of Carcel and thinks her daughter is the one that is horrible to marry so she told Carcel to teach his wife when they're married. Carcel doesn't like what Olga was saying about Ines, how she's the devil since she was 6 because her personality suddenly drastically changed.
    • Ines didn't care what her mother said since she's used to it. Carcel was surprised to see her talking well with Miguel though. He got a bit jealous that she was close to his younger brother and even call Miguel by his name. She had stopped calling Carcel by his name since he went to the military academy.
    • When he voiced his complaints, Ines said Miguel is cute and harmless. Carcel said he's also harmless, but he knows he's not cute, nor does he want to be cute. Ines apologized to him for what her father said to him and reminded him that she's fine with what he had always been doing. She compared him to a flower that she doesn't want to pluck and have it wither so she'll let him be so he can stay looking happy.
    • Carcel thinks she's bullshitting and reminded her they had kissed so he had no intention to do that. He told her that he will continue to do as he wishes so when they marry they'll share a bedroom even though she doesn't think they will. She told him she doesn't sleep with dogs (Ines likes to compare men to dogs). Carcel told her that dogs are animals that live with humans so they'll stay together.
    • He went and kissed her again and told her that even if she releases a dog, the dog will always return anyway. Ines got upset and hit him on the head. Carcel was surprised. It was his first time ever getting hit by anyone. He was so shocked that Ines told him that she did hit him, and wondered if she's trying to beat a dog. She's trying to beat a spoiled dog that's trying to get into her bedroom. Dogs have to be outside. She told him they can have sex for kids but no kissing unless if it's in public where they have to portray as loving couples to others.
    • Carcel who had affirmed that he can do anything except kissing, told Juana to take her Senorita before he left.
    Chapter 4. Nothing goes as planned
    • They married at a large chapel. Ines wore her mother's vintage wedding gown.
    • after the wedding, during the banquet, Ines wouldn't stay by his side. She kept dancing with her brother, Luciano. Everyone was trying to make glances at her as they danced. It was everyone's first time seeing her dressed beautifully and smiling. Also Ines had a perfect body so they were all trying to sneak glances at her cleavage.
    • Carcel who was sitting at the banquet table where the married couple should be sitting, was staring at Ines the whole time, getting upset and jealous of all the other people looking at her. He doesn't like the change.
    • Dante Ijar, another duke's son, approached Carcel and was also amazed at how pretty Ines was. He wondered if he can have a go at Ines when Carcel gets bored of his wife. Carcel wanted to kill him and threaten if he wants to die, then he can try. Carcel wanted to rush to their first night already but he had to sit there and watch and wait.
    • Oscar also approached Carcel and told him that he had always known Ines is like that. He said that's Ines true self and thinks she's wasting herself being married to Carcel when she could've been empress.
    • Carcel was reminded somehow that Ines had always been a genius somehow since she was also able to dance beautifully even though she rarely danced and hated it. When she does dance, it's out of obligation. She would only dance with Carcel, Luciano, and her father. But then at the wedding banquet, she took Enrique's hand after dancing multiple times with Luciano. That was the first time she danced with another man. Carcel wasn't happy.
    • Juana helped Ines prepare her for her first night. Ines isn't nervous since she had done it many times before in past lives.
    • Carcel was the first to enter the bedroom they'll be using. He was recalling the banquet and remembering how after the banquet he had his people keep tabs on all the men that tried to think of seducing her later on. He recalled the irritation he felt when he saw Enrique dancing with her and all the other guys that danced with her afterwards. Every one of them have a pathetic expression, while thinking of having an affair with her. He can tell from the way their eyes were looking at her.
    • Suddenly the door opened and Ines entered. He was feeling nervous while she was feeling indifferent. He felt like he was acting as if this was his first time having sex. She even stripped in front of him and he got shocked from seeing how beautiful her body was but then cause he was so shocked and nervous, he didn't do anything, Ines thought he liked doing it with clothes on. She was about to put her negligee back on when he then grabbed her and told her she doesn't have to.
    • Ines had her eyes clenched closed as if she's going through war against something and Carcel didn't bothered to continue cause he doesn't want to seem like he's raping her. Ines doesn't understand his thought process since she doesn't think it's rape. She's allowing him to have sex with her and to her it's just an obligation. Carcel told her that he doesn't want sex to be an obligation but something she can enjoy. He needs her to get wet so it can accept his large penis. When she saw it, he taunted her that she will have to help it go down.
    • Carcel thought if Ines would get clueless and scare and then he would be able to keep teasing her in bed but instead she bend down and gave him a bowjob. He got shocked again. Not only did it felt good but he felt like she was used to it. He started feeling jealous wondering who was the man who taught her such things. In his jealousy he pulled her up and ended up trying to shove it in her. She lifted her waist up to help accept him.
    Chapter 5. First of all, it's a newlywed
    • Needless to say they did it until dawn and even in the morning, when he helped her in the bath, they did it again. It was so loud and lewd, the servants guarding outside can hear them and when they left the room, they were all red, blushing from embarrassment from hearing all that all night.
    • Her mother was pleased and acting out. Ines ignored her.
    • Ines was being indifferent the whole time in breakfast. She was too tire to think of anything anyway. She's not a morning person and doesn't wake up well so she could barely hold her fork to eat. Carcel tried to take care of her and help her out of her chair. He kept apologizing to her for acting out as a beast last night so she's feeling weak rtight now. She rebuked him for still trying to hold her when he's saying he's sorry.
    • He excused them both in front of her family since he had already planned to bring her to Calztela with him so they're leaving right away. Ines didn't know he already planned that but went along with it since she doesn't want to deal with her parents.
    • She didn't think she would live there though since most noble/aristocrat couples don't even live together. They have obligated marriages, but Carcel told her Calztela is beautiful enough that there are married couples who live there together. She just accepted it as it was no big deal.
    • Ines slept on his lap in the carriage the whole 7 hours on the way to Calztela.
    • When she thought of the port, she was reminded of when she saw Carcel at the port the day when he helped Emiliano run away from Luciano. She wondered why he was there at that time.
    • Carcel's official resident at Calztela was situated on a hill overlooking the port and the ocean. However, Carcel doesn't really know this place well. That is because he bought it from one of his superior right before their wedding. He had to bribe his superior for this house since it was a house his superior's wife loved. Carcel's original resident was a huge mansion closer to the base, but this new resident he bought was much smaller in size so when he had all his furniture and clothes sent to the new resident, they don't even fit. When Ines and him got there, she can see a bunch of luggage and furniture outside the resident because there was no space inside.
    • Even during the whole tour for Ines, Carcel was so clueless since it was his first time stepping into the house. He kept bumping into the furniture that was placed at weird locations throughout the house.
    • When his housekeeper, Alonda, was showing the game room, Alonda had to make so many excuses for Carcel to appeal to Ines. The chess board and card game table was situated in the corner where it didn't make sense since opponents can't sit facing each other. The billiard table was also situated against the wall where one of the long side can't be accessed. Alonda had to tell Ines that Carcel play games by himself because he had no friends. When they showed the library, Ines wondered if it can even fit her books (she reads a lot). Alonda tried to appeal to her by telling her that she can use the whole library to herself since Carcel doesn't read. And in the bedroom, Carcel's huge bed took up most of the bedroom. Ines wondered if she's even getting a separate bedroom, or does the house even have room for her to live in. Carcel was quick to try to show her the next room, but it ended up bring his dressing room that didn't seem to have space for even Ines's clothes. Alonda told Ines, Carcel can throw away some of his clothes.
    • In the end, Ines doesn't seem to have much of a good impression of Carcel. Her husband is someone who had no friends, play games alone, and doesn't read books. But she did like the view of the resident.
    • During her stay she also spotted a painting of Seville. She recognized it as the port where she used to live with Emiliano. Carcel thought she liked that painting but she want it out of her eyes.
    • Ines quickly adjusted to her married life. The next morning she woke up early and thought of new life. She can feel his stiff penis against her. In her head, she thinks Carcel is just a horny guy who have such normal sleeping habits. Her thoughts somehow strayed to Emiliano, they day when he died and her child.
    • She decided to tell him to wake up, but then she realized he had been awake all along. She then rebuked him that she won't do anything with him, even though he didn't ask for it but she told him that his lower body was doing the talking.
    • In the end she told him to get rid of it himself so he did. He was going to masturbate in front of her thinking it'll be nice if she watches. Ines ran away to the dressing room before he pulled down his pants.
    • When Carcel got to work, he was reminded of his marriage with Ines. He was enjoying it more than he thought. Also Ines can be cute. He didn't think she would have a difficult time in the morning but it was cute for him to watch her mumble and look irritated while in her sleepy state. Even though they haven't had sex since the first night, he enjoyed just touching her and smelling her. At least she was real unlike the Ines in his dreams.
    • When he opened the door, his men were all excited to see and hear his take of married life. They apparently had made bets on how he would feel. Only Jose bet he would smile and laugh pervertedly while the others thought he would be upset. That's because Jose had went to the wedding and saw Ines so he knew she was beautiful. The other men just know Ines from rumors and she doesn't have good rumors around her since she's compared to a nun and a crow.
    • Carcel was annoyed with them since he lost his memories of Ines's scent and went to escape to his office. He saw his wedding gifts and bunches of letters from secret admirers, gay men and women who wanted to be his mistresses now. Carcel wondered if he show them to Ines would she get jealous but then thought against it.
    • Ines who was getting used to her married life was surprised to learn some new things about Carcel. He might've actually not joined the navy to avoid his marriage with her sine he seemed very faithful to his job. He wakes up early to go to work and would return at evening after training. While she reads the Bible, he would stare out at the balcony enjoying a cigar and a glass of wine every night. Ines would read a Bible to keep the mood from reaching a promiscuous way. Every night when they sleep, Carcel would act as if he had eliminated all his desires from his training and thanks to that they never had to have sex since their first night.
    • Alonda treats Ines very well, like a nanny. She seemed to think very fondly of Ines, like she's some saint. She used to be upset when Carcel would play around and not settle down. She was happy when they finally married.
    • Ines's footman, Raul, came from Valeztena. Ines had took him in when he was young, saved him from the streets as an orphan. He was very loyal to Ines. (He's not 2nd ML. There is none if anyone asks.) Raul didn't really like the resident. He think it's not good enough for Ines since it's so tiny. They have to return the rest of her luggage back to her family home.
    • Ines welcomed him warmly and was pleased he came. Carcel who came home later, when he saw them as he overlooked the terrace at them, made an unpleasant face.
    • Ines welcomed Carcel home and proceed to act as a dutiful wife. She was surprised he came home early. Since she can't "prepare" dinner for him, she decided to do her duty of "helping" him change, by helping she meant just watching him. She her "preparing" dinner meant tell him dinner is ready. (Ines is a very lazy person. Carcel compares her to like a fat lazy cat, but cute.) Anyway he doesn't want her to "help" his change in the future because he gets excited with her watching him that he almost erect. When Ines heard that she tried to run away from him. He caught her and laughed as he told her it's almost, not that he did it. She told him "almost" is bad since it meant there's thoughts leading to it.
    • But then Ines escaped from his arms when Raul came. Ines started to show concern if he had ate and Raul showed concern for her as he started to nag her. He then noticed Carcel and distanced himself from Ines. After he left to get food, Ines finally noticed Carcel again. He wasn't pleased but Ines didn't notice. She continued to inform Carcel what she will do afterwards. When he asked her why she's telling him, she told him it's because he's her husband and she like to be thorough with her actions so they can refer back to it later on. His ears turned red from hearing her say that he's her husband. He's not sure if he was feeling bashful or annoyed.
    • Even so after dinner when Ines went to catch up with Raul, Carcel who was watching them wasn't happy. He kept comparing himself with Raul, thinking he's much better than that guy. He thinks Raul isn't good enough for Ines since he's the best guy and she had always wanted him.
    • That night Ines had trouble combing her hair. Since there is no maid at Carcel's resident to take care of a lady, Ines had to deal with it herself. Carcel helped her. She complimented him on his skills but then stopped herself since she was about to say it seemed like he's good at serving women and he would be upset to hear that. But then afterwards he asked for a reward for helping her. He wanted to have sex with her in front of the mirror. She told him to do it in bed.
    • Ines found out that Carcel isn't as patient as she thought he was. Unexpectedly he had always wanted to do it with her even after her trying not to appeal to him by wearing boring clothes and never wearing makeup or having a maid take care of her. She didn't really mind if they do it since they would have to but she doesn't want to do it in front of the mirror. He was playing with her nipples as he tried to get her turned on by looking at it herself.
    • In the end he told her not to wear the negligee anymore at night and he is annoyed with doing things her way (out of obligation) since he just wants to have sex for pleasure, but he also wants her to enjoy it with him.
    • They had sex.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  10. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Shorter summaries

But what to expect:
    • In v2, after days of sex every night, Ines realized she can't keep lazing around. Ines continued to try to get Carcel to cheat on her. She started to renovate their home to invite guests. Ines also invited Jose to their couple's dinner. She invited Carcel's men and their wives over for a gathering. They went hunting together and she found out about mass. She would start going out to events more to find women. At a mass, she saw some beautiful lady kept eyeing Carcel. She tried to get Carcel to leave with that woman and was about to head home with a friend. Her friend had to go somewhere to check on something and left Ines waiting alone. While she wandered around , a medallion from a jewelry shop caught her eyes. It was the medallion she gave to Emiliano before. When they were living in poverty in her past life, Emiliano had sold all the other jewelry she had given him to help with their situation, but the medallion was the thing he tried to hold onto for the longest. In the end he only sold the chain necklace of the medallion. Ines tried to buy the medallion from the store but it wasn't for sale.
    • She went home in a frenzy (riding a horse on her own) and had Raul check on Emiliano for her. He left her alone to follow her orders and while she was alone, she had a seizure from recalling memories. Carcel came home just in time to see her fall. He rushed to her and told her to breath. Ines tried to tell him it's normal and not to worry but she couldn't talk and lost consciousness.
    • End of v2, Carcel realized he loved Ines all along. Ines went through hyperventilating anxieties and almost died. He realized that he may have liked her from a young age but somehow lost his feelings because he couldn't understand them. After that he became super overprotective of her. He won't even have sex with her for a while since he was scare she'll break. He kept her from leaving their house. (It was from this point he took drugs to be sterile so he doesn't get her pregnant. He doesn't want her to die from childbirth.)
    • Carcel looked back on his past to see clues when Ines had been sick since Raul told him that Ines started having these seizures from when she was 16. Carcel realized that was the time when Ines had a drastic change and stopped seeing him. When they did attend events together, he slowly recalled seeing her looking very pale and weak. He was upset at himself for not knowing sooner and for sleeping around at that time too, ignoring her when she was so sick. He also found out Ines was looking at jewelry right before she head home.
    • From v3, she woke up and he cried when she apologized for not telling him. He didn't want that. He just wanted her safe and alive. He told her he would just buy her everything she wants and for her. So he spent a week working hard so he can have time to go buy her jewelry. He went to get her jewelries as gifts and happened to go to the same shop where the medallion was. Some earrings caught his eyes and he got that immediately since they reminded him of the earrings she wore at their wedding. The store owner told him that Ines was looking at the medallion but it's not for sale. Carcel was determined to buy the medallion for her since it seemed she was interested in it. Ines couldn't go out so she can't find women to seduce Carcel. She decided to invite them instead. Carcel had an inkling of what Ines was doing but chose to remain ignorant since he doesn't want to think his wife still wants him to sleep with others.
    • Ines can tell Carcel had fallen in love with her and didn't like that. She wanted him to go out and meet women but he just hangs around her. Still she had gotten very comfortable with their married life. She also made some friends with his men and their wives. On such occasional visit, they saw a fountain of a mermaid and a soldier. There's a story amongst the people of Calztela that there are mermaids that would try to seduce soldiers to follow them to the ocean to prove their love. Ines thinks the soldier is stupid. Carel originally also thought the soldier was stupid but then compare himself to the solder and Ines to the mermaid. She was pretty like a mermaid even though she doesn't want him to prove his love for her, but he's willing to follow her even if he feel suffocated from not getting her love.
    • Her first concern for him was when he punished himself by bloodying his hand when he tried to kiss her, since she had told him not to kiss her, but he did it anyway since he wanted to. When he wondered why she was being nice to one of his men, she told him that his men reminded her of Carcel. She pities Carcel for marrying her.
    • Carcel didn't understand what she meant by that since he felt lucky for marrying her and then kept asking her to explain. He managed to get some answer afterward when he woke her up and she confessed to him in her sleepy state that she had someone before. Carcel got jealous of that someone who had her love but couldn't take her first time. He wanted to know if she's going to run away with him and if she chose to marry him because he was a player so she thought it would be fine if she had a secret lover while her husband plays around. Ines told him she had always wanted to marry him and there is no secret lover. Also if she was to leave, she'll divorce, not run away. He was upset but he eventually accepted her answer that she had always wanted him.
    • Alfonso (the butler) realized Ines's seizures were linked to psychological issues and wanted her to reveal them to Carcel. She didn't want to yet since she doesn't want the divorce to be blamed on her side but she said she had planned to leave Carcel since the engagement and forced Alfonso to help her. She got a lady to dress and look like her and placed her in their bedroom to get Carcel to cheat on her. Carcel knew instantly she wasn't Ines after touching her for a bit and got enraged at the lady for posing as Ines. The lady told Carcel that he can release all his perverted desires on her since Ines is too noble to do perverted acts with him at broad daylight. Also Ines had told the other ladies before that she doesn't care if Carcel sleeps with other women if he enjoys it. Carcel got upset hearing that. At that moment the door opened and Ines saw and excused her. Carcel chased after her and stopped her. After releasing her hair, he brought her to their room and had that lady ran off when she thought they were going to have sex. When Ines told him she doesn't care about the ladies, he told her that it's him she doesn't care about. He also told her to place good friends by her side because he cares for her since he loves her. Eventually she cried and realized she was stupid. She had tried to get him to cheat but then didn't want him to get caught and had rushed to the bedroom hoping no one will find out. In the end she was relieved he went after her.
    • She got a fever and dreamt of the past lives again. Carcel took care of her without sleeping for a few days. When she woke up, he was coming in from smoking cigar out in their balcony and she told him why he was out there. He should either just smoke in the bedroom or kick Alfonso and build a new cigar room. He didn't want to do either. Ines noticed he doesn't look too well.
    • Around end of v3, Ines started displaying more concern for Carcel when he got sick after taking care of her fever. She had ordered Raul to check up on Carcel in the guise of sending him end of the year gifts. Carcel was happy with the gifts and when Raul told him secretly that Ines was worried about him, he got estatic. Later when he walk out of the carriage carrying gifts, he fainted from fever. Raul and Jose had to help carry him back home and he fainted there again and she got concerned for him. Leads to her displaying more affection for him. Carcel wanted him to show more concern for him started to act more stupid around her to get her pity and care.
    • A sweet moment they had when planning the trip here
    • At v4, they went on a trip alone to the mountains where they hunted. Carcel found out Ines is very good at horseback riding and can shoot well, though not as good as him since he's perfect shooter. Carcel gave her a valued gun that belonged to his grandfather. Ines recalled that was the gun Oscar had given her in 2nd life. She realized it was actually Carcel's gun. He gave Oscar to give to her because he was worried she would hurt her arms from holding the man's guns. (It was also the same gun she used to shot herself in the head hoping to mock Oscar since she thought Oscar gave it to her.) Ines confessed she now wants to have kids with him not just out of obligation. It was from here that he stopped using the drugs to remain sterile since he also want to have kids with Ines. They had a shooting competition where whoever wins can name their future kids. He won and named their future kids Ricardo and Ivana. Ines did threw a childish tantrum since she lost and Carcel thought it was cute. While she slept his men informed him of assassins. At the end of the trip, he told her to return to Mendoza because he spotted some assassins when they were at the trip and tried to find out who the assassins were aiming to kill.
    • Ines was back at Mendoza while Carcel stayed at Calztela. He found out the assassins were aiming for him since they tried to kill him in their bedroom. It was Oscar who was trying to kill him to get Ines. Ines stayed with Carcel's family at the capital. She found out that Carcel was abused and almost died from Oscar when he was young (more on this). She went back home to check their old letters for clues. Ines felt guilty for not seeing the clues before.
    • Carcel found out about Emiliano. The store owner eventually told him the owner of the medallion. He can't sell the medallion to Carcel without his permission so Carcel was going to get Raul to get permission from Emiliano, but then when talking with Raul, he realized that Ines might've known Emiliano from a very young age. That painting of Seville from before was painted by him and he made the connection. He decided to go see Emiliano himself later on.
    • Oscar continued his pursuit for Ines. Ines continued to ignore him. Even Isabella knows her nephew wants Ines. Alicia, OScar's fiancee, continues to spew jealousy of Ines. Ines missed Carcel and wrote a very short letter to him saying Mendoza was boring without him. Carcel was ecstatic to get a letter from Ines since she rarely writes to anyone. He immediately rushed to Mendoza to see her after reading the letter. He arrived when Ines was in the middle of Oscar celebrating his a party for his half sister. Carcel helped Ines excuse herself and they left. On the way back, Carsel kept asking her if she likes him. He was feeling insecure as he had been having visions of their past lives. He knew she has some connection with Emiliano and Oscar and that she didn't love him before. Carcel stayed for the night before heading back when she made him stay. This whole smut scene, he kept asking for her to tell him she likes him and she did.
    • Carcel went to the city where Emiliano is. This is when he started recalling more of his memories. Emiliano recalled his full memories of his past life (Ines 3rd life). The reason why people recall memories is because they have sinned. Emiliano didn't sin but he volunteered himself to remember so she won't repeat her sin and meet him again. Ines recalled her lives because she sinned by her committed suicides. Carcel tried to recall his lives so he broke the statue of the apostle of Anastasio to regain his memories. When he did that he recalled some of his memories of trying to help Emiliano, and his memories of loving Ines secretly before. When he saw Ines in his memories, he realized that's the face of someone who loves someone and knew Ines loved Emiliano. He thought Ines still loves Emiliano so he was somewhat reluctant to let Ines marry Emiliano. He wanted Ines to be happy, but since he wasn't willing to give up on her, he decided to just leave it to his own death as a soldier to "leave" her. Emiliano told him that Ines and him can't be together and also Ines killed her own child. He told Carcel not to make the same mistake as him. In the end Carcel couldn't leave Ines.
    • In Volume 5, Ines went through another bout of seizure when she saw Anastsio (more on this). She wanted to return to Calztela so she did. She bought a bunch of gifts for Carcel to give to him, but when she got there, he wasn't home. She waited 5-6 days for his return. Carcel was surprised to see her. He was feeling guilty about her past so he avoided her for a bit but that resolved quickly. One morning she went to prepare to give him gifts to surprise him, and while she was checking on one of the gifts, she found his drugs and almost hyperventilate in anger realizing Carcel had been trying not to get pregnant with her when she had been trying to get pregnant. Carcel got worried and soothed her. After putting her to bed, he picked up all her gifts and found all her notes. He was happy with them.
    • They went to test her gifts together. She had gifted him a bunch of arsenal and weapons so he can use them to keep himself safe. It was around here when she admit to him her secret that she was crazy and suicidal, and about some of her "dreams" (she called her memories dreams since she didn't know Carcel already knew about it and had met Emiliano). She also told him that she had chosen him as a fiance to ruin the marriage to begin with since she was going to leave him. Carcel cried to her asking for confirmation that it isn't like that anymore since she wanted to have his child and they'll live together for a long time. After that they had sex very frequently. On one day they, then, got news of Miguel's fiancee.
    • They had returned back to Mendoza together when there was news Miguel's fiancee died. Miguel had a rough time dealing with his loss. He even tried to commit suicide. Carcel felt bad Ines had to deal with his family's issues but she didn't mind. She felt bad for Miguel. It happened in the other lives as well. Miguel never recovered or found someone else. Oscar also came to attend the funeral and Carcel got worried Oscar will try to do something to her. She told him she's fine. Ines held down her anger for Oscar when talking to Oscar since she doesn't want her or Carcel to ruin this life just because of Oscar so she plans to live well diligently. The empress tried to get her adopted daughter as the new fiancee for Miguel, but Miguel hates her cause she used to bully his fiancee.
    • Ines tried to help dissuade the empress's plan. She knows the maid that takes care of the princess, Regina. She was a maid who had an illegitimate son with the emperor. Ines had helped saved that son from being killed by the empress before so the maid is indebt to Ines. Ines told her to continue to keep Delores, Oscar's half sister, from wanting the engagement with Miguel. Oscar set up a plan to try to get Carcel to go to war with the pirates and die there. He told his father to send Carcel to war to increase his own standing. Carcel would have to go to war if he doesn't want his younger brother to be forced to marry Delores. Juan didn't want his son to go but Carcel made the choice himself since he felt he can gain bigger power through it. He recalled the sign the apostle had given him before when he broke the statue telling him that he will arise so he trust he will survive and come back with a greater position that the imperial family can't control him.
    • During a family meeting, Carcel revealed his plan and Ines got upset but then reluctantly agreed to it. This was when she openly confirmed knowing Oscar was behind it because he wants her.
    • There were some other events happening at the capital with Alicia. She was having sex with Dante when she thought of some of the plans. Alicia is someone obsessed with Oscar and hated Ines since Oscar is obsessed with Ines. Oscar had told Alicia that he would let her be his wife but he only wants Ines so Alicia will have to help him get Ines. They hosted some art gallery where they displayed Emiliano's paintings and one of the huge painting was of Ines looking at a baby. Ines almost hyperventilate when seeing it and wanted to be alone since she doesn't want him to see her in this state because she loves him (first time she confessed to him). Alicia mocked Carcel for marrying a lady who is like a prostitute that sleeps around and had other men in her life (kind of hypocritical). Carcel told her that he's glad to marry Ines or he might've ended up with a woman like her.
    • Ines talked to Oscar at the balcony and he had revealed he has memories of his past life being married to her so he keeps thinking she's always his. He believes that time regressed for them to be together because she kept committing suicide to leave him and he had prayed to have her alive. This was where he brought up the pattern. This is her last life since she had regressed to 6 years old. If she commit suicide again and time regressed, she won't exist anymore.
    • Luciano brought Ines home and Ines fell asleep waiting for Carcel to get back. That night he finally decided to hand her the medallion when she was sleeping since he's sure of her love for him, he no longer feared she will try to leave him for Emiliano. When she woke up, he gave her the medallion and she cried when finding out Carcel had knew all along of her sins and Emiliano. They talked about it.
    • From v6, Carcel, Ines, and Emiliano have moved passed their past. Emiliano burned all his paintings and decided to forget everything and start anew after receiving a letter from Carcel that Ines had received the medallion and wished peace for him since she had also obtained peace. Carcel also thanked him since he was able to regain a memory from 1st timeline when seeing the painting of Ines and the child, and he was able to see his own child and Ines from the painting from the 1st life. (Ines married Carcel in the 1st life, Oscar in the 2nd, Emiliano in the 3rd, and Carcel again in 4th).
    • Since Carcel is scheduled to have to go to battle with pirates, the emperor also increased his navy title from Lieutenant to Captain. Carcel wanted to increase his standing to become powerful enough to take care of him and Ines so Oscar won't be able to do anything to their relationship. Ines decided to help increase his fame. They planned mutiny against Oscar. She also revealed about the illegitimate prince she had hidden (working under Emiliano for a long time) so she planned to put him on the throne with Escalente, Valeztena and the church behind him. She had already told Luciano about him recently so Luciano will take the prince and pretend to have discovered him and bring him to a church to learn to be a paladin. Luciano will be the power of Mendoza while Carcel will take the power of the navy.
    • Ines portrayed all sorts of propaganda leading up to Carcel's leave. She showed herself as the loving wife of a soldier who is leaving for war. They kissed in public in Mendoza before he left for Calztela. And before he board ship, she visited him in Calztela to give him a handkerchief she personally embroidered, thought poorly done since she doesn't know how to embroider well, but he was still very pleased with it. She also threatened him before his leave that if he doesn't come back alive, she will kill herself and she told him about how she might not exist anymore this time around. He doesn't want her to die or marry another man so he promised to return alive with his arms intact so she can keep her promise to tie him up while she let him watch her touch herself. Just perverted promises.
    • Ines helped saved Juan, Carcel's father, from being murdered by Oscar who hired the emperor's men to kill the duke of Escalente. Ines shot the assassin with a gun she took from Luciano. Juan finally realized his nephew isn't as good as he had hoped. Before he would trust Oscar blindly and want to help him to the throne, but after the murder attempt, he found out his nephew was coveting his son's wife. The family decided not to tell Carcel since they don't want him to worry.
    • Ines found out from Dante later on that the drugs she had been taking to help with pregnancy was actually killing her womb. Alicia had switched out the drugs from the pharmacist. Ines told her family and they were all worried and immediately checked on her condition to see if she can still have children. It came as a miracle that Ines was actually a few months pregnant already so everyone began to take extra care of her. Alfonso, the butler, took care to find which servant was switching the drugs.
    • Ines wrote a letter to Carcel revealing she's pregnant with twins. Carcel was elated with the letter since the whole time he never got any letter from her while his men were getting bunches of letters from their wives. He made excuses that Ines is someone who isn't obsessed with such trivial things. He has a picture of her that he took from his men hanged in his cabin. It was a newspaper picture of her when they made the news. Anyway, he was really happy to find out he's now a father of two kids. That didn't last long since some days later pirates immediately came and attack their ship. Carcel fell overboard when he shot some pirate and the pirate hanged onto him before falling. The last thing he thought of was Ines. He thought he saw her as a mermaid in the distance before he closed his eyes.
    • In v7, Ines was kidnapped by Alicia who wanted to put Ines to Oscar's bed. Alicia supplies Oscar with women so she's a pimp who brings in prostitutes, maids and mistresses to sleep with Oscar. Oscar can only erect from people who have black hair and green eyes like Ines so she brings people that has those features to him. She would also supply him with ecstacy drugs to make him feel like he was really having sex with Ines. In the end he wanted the real Ines so she finally kidnapped Ines for him. Ines threatened to commit suicide again to keep Oscar from trying to rape her. She was able to escape by telling the guards outside she almost got raped by Oscar. She cut herself with a knife to make herself seem more like a victim.
    • Ines was placed into prison though since the guards had came in when she was holding a knife so she was also accused of trying to harm the Crown Prince. Both dukes of Escalente and Valeztena marched their men to the palace to demand her release. Ines told them to go back since she wanted to play out the victim role. She planned to reveal she's pregnant as well to get the people to side with her. She had the news handed to all the newspapers of Mendoza. She told Luciano her plan and he told their father (Leonel) to return. The empress was upset at Alicia almost killing Escalante's heir. Oscar was too into his addiction and going in and out of consciousness. Every time he wakes up, he would go looking for Ines only.
    • Eventually the people were outraged at their Crown Prince and don't think he deserve to be the next emperor. They stormed the palace and waited outside. Oscar was brutally killed by the crowds when Alicia had him posing as a servant to take him to Barca's territory. They even cut off his penis saying that's the thing that tried to covet his vassal's wife.
    • Ines and her family got news that Carcel died. The family mourned. Isabella also tried to relate to the empress saying her son also died, though at this point Isabella doesn't like the empress much either.
    • Ines headed back to a small chapel in outskirts of Mendoza with Raul and was about to commit suicide to bring Carcel back even though she won't exist anymore. But then she felt the babies kicked in her stomach and took it as a sign that Carcel is still alive. She continued to live and take care of herself and the babies in her stomach. The people around her pitied her but couldn't go against her since she's pregnant and don't want her to accidentally go through miscarriage. They think she's crazy though and in denial.
    • Carcel did survive. The pirates somehow saved him since some of them were also left stranded on an island and they needed him alive to make a deal (trying to sell himback to the navy for money). Carcel found out that it was Barca's plan to have him dead and steal his successes while also making money selling navy ships to the pirates. (Barca is Alicia's uncle who obtained the Marquis title after Alicia's parents' died. He adopted her when he realized he can make use of her as Crown Princess to increase his standing.) Carcel's men found him and the pirates though.
    • Carcel was surprised to find out that Oscar had died. His men showed him the news of what was happening in the capital. He wanted to rush back home when he saw the newspaper his men handed him that his wife was found in the bedroom of Oscar and was found bloodied. He wanted to kill Oscar all over again but he can't kill a dead man so he cried for what Ines had to deal with and for being too weak to protect her. He was able to stop from rushing home when he got surprising letter from Ines telling him to complete his job and his family is fine and holding well. His men didn't know what to do with the letters before since Ines had kept sending letters to the "dead" Carcel and they pitied Ines so they just kept the letters all tied up together and handed them to him when they finally found him. Carcel's first response was to write a letter to Ines to tell her he's alive and then a letter to his mother that he's fine.
    • So they ended up taking back their fleets and bringing down the pirates. Carcel shot Barca in the head as military punishment for mutiny and siding with the pirates. Barca's military rank also got demoted. News then spread that Carcel was found alive and had took over the command and winning battles.
    • When he finally returned, Ines had rushed to Calztela to welcome him. She brought Miguel with her since he was taking care of her while Carcel was away. She also started a construction of an annex to their tiny mansion for their kids in the future and family when they come to visit. She adopted a dog that she saw wandering nearby and recalled how Carcel used to take care of one before in the 1st life. (Ines had a sick and weak body in 1st life so she hated him taking care of the dog.)
    • The events before they meet, they were both worried about their own appearance. Carcel thought he had turned ugly and Ines might not want him back. Ines thought she looked fat in her dress from being pregnant. They kissed when they met and he kissed her womb as well. She gave him a tour of the annex and took care of him since he's still injured on one of his arm. (The arm almost got cut off but Carcel tried to keep it since he made promises to Ines. Luckily his arm didn't get largely infected to the point where it needs to be amputated.)
    • The empress was upset at the brutal death of her son. She ended up torturing Alicia for life for being the cause of it. The empress made Alicia miscarry. Alicia was enraged mocking the empress for killing her own blood. The empress made an excuse that Alicia was also sleeping with Dante so that child could've been Dante's and not Oscar's. The illegitimate prince was revealed later on and the emperor had to put him as heir. The people felt the new prince will be better since he's not like the emperor and he grew up as a commoner and also grew up under the church and became a paladin. Isabella persuaded the empress to adopt the illegitimate prince (under Ines's plan) if the empress doesn't want to be kicked out of the palace so now the new prince also had the backing of the empress.
    • News about Barca also got revealed and his punishments made the news.
    • Carcel and Ines were already settling into their happy lives. Carcel took off an indefinite leave from work for his injuries. He was already planning to have a ship built for his wife so they can travel together. Ines didn't know and thought he was just making her a boat. He decided to keep it a secret since it'll be cute to see her reaction afterwards. He wanted to name it after her and she find it embarrassing. They talked a bit of their 1st life together when he had a dog and she had her favorite horse. She apologized to him for their bad memories of their 1st life but he told her that he had more good memories. Carcel made her promise to be with him forever from now on. Ines reminded him there's also their kids by pointing at her belly. Carcel shook his head and said it's only him with her that he wanted to start over again, not under their family obligation but as just each other. She told him that they're already together as each other and it'll be as the 4 of them together.
    main story ended
    • v8 is the epilogue. It pretty much summarized their whole first life together. Carcel fell in love with Ines as a child (Ines knew Carcel loved her already when she was 7 but she didn't care for the marriage) and he was the one who wanted to marry her and begged to marry her. He was 13 when he told her that he wanted to marry her already. He witnessed her mother beating her and wanted to marry her right away so he can take her into his protection away from her mother. Her mother doesn't like that they're engaged since she wanted her daughter to marry into a higher position. They got engaged early because of him and they married at 17.
    • She had also went through many early deaths of her children with Carcel. Their first son Ricardo had blonde hair and blue eyes. He didn't even live long enough for his name to be placed into registry. They named him for his death. Ines became suicidal after that. She tried to kill herself and was left almost dead in the tub. Luciano broke the door open to get her out. Carcel was helplessly watching. Luciano tried to make Carcel take her due to rumors of incestual feelings but Carcel was so shocked that he reacted slow to instructions. Carcel on the other hand tried to pick up their life.
    • After that Ines went through huge phases of depression as she kept trying to have another child and failing. She thought their marriage can only last if she can have a child with him because based on her mother's teachings, the husband will only stay if they have children together. (more detail)
    • Ines was a very sick lady so Carcel would be over protective of her. She can't even move around much because she was weak and get sick often. Ines does end up loving Carcel and get jealous of the women who she keeps thinking Carcel would cheat on her with. That first wet dream he had of Ines, was an event that happened in 1st life when she got jealous and made him try to show how much he wanted her.
    • Even in this life Oscar wanted Ines but Carcel was the one who got to marry her. When Ines was talking with Oscar, Carcel got jealous and stormed to the palace to try to murder Oscar but failed. He ended up killing a bunch of knights instead. Oscar then question Carcel's loyalty and would start sending Carcel away to battle all the time. Ines mostly stay with her family.
    • Many failed pregnancies later, she finally got pregnant again, she kept it a secret from Carcel since she had realized he doesn't want to have kids again. Her body was getting weaker by the day. The doctor told him she will be able to live without the child. When he did find out, he decided to have the baby aborted when the time comes. At a banquet, she fainted while dancing with Luciano. Her father and brother finally found out she was pregnant. The doctor said both mother and baby will be at risk if left alone. Leonel said that he will take the blame for the abortion because he knows how stubborn his daughter is and doesn't want them to have a bad relationship. Carcel said he would take the blame. They had the baby aborted without her consent. When she found out they went through another phase of fighting. She doesn't want to see him and he made her promise that she'll take care of her body if he leaves. So she did.
    • But the place Ines told Carcel and her brother wasn't the place she went to. She hid somewhere where only her mother knew of, some abandoned cabin. Later on Alicia would reveal when Ines was very sick in bed, that she had switched out Ines's meds and made her infertile. She didn't want Ines to end up marrying Oscar later on and had babies with Oscar. She also doesn't want to see Ines happy. She was very jealous of Ines.
    • Ines told her mother about the drugs and Alicia and hated her mother for it since it was her mother who had always wanted her to be the perfect noble lady and keep telling her to have kids and give her the drugs to help her have kids. Those were the drugs that made her weak. Her mother felt guilt to her daughter decided to listen to her daughter and attempt to murder Alicia as revenge. She did killed Alicia in public and got caught.
    • Leonel told the public that his wife is crazy to keep her death from being talked badly upon (under Olga's wishes). She was originally talked badly about for being punished for killing the Crown Princess but after Leonel revealed she was crazy, people felt she killed Alicia without control of herself. When Olga was imprisoned Carcel visited her and found out from Olga where Ines is. At this point Olga realized she was a bad wife and mother. Carcel would then tell Luciano that Ines had lied to them where she is. Because Carcel had a promise not to appear before Ines, he asked Luciano to check up on his sister.
    • Luciano went to see his sister very upset that she had lied to them. Ines told Luciano not to tell Carcel where she is but she realized Carcel had already knew since he was outside waiting. Luciano and Carcel left after.
    • Ines got news that Viviana died and decided to snuck into Vivi's funeral to glance at Carcel from afar. Carcel did notice her and did tell the guards that she was his wife when she arrived to attend. She was happy but stayed away from him and his family during the funeral. When she was leaving, Carcel spotted her leavingand tried to catch her after putting Miguel to sleep but she had disappeared.
    • Carcel got upset and finally approached her saying that since she broke her promise, he's not going to follow through with her words. He "kidnapped" her to Calztela.
    • Before this Ines had been living in Mendoza and Esposa only like most typical noblewomen and Carcel would visit her often. It was only after Carcel took her to Calztela, then she live with him. Carcel took care of her and Ines finally slowly begins to accept this. At first she doesn't like Carcel cleaning and clothing her personally since she thinks her sick body is ugly. Carcel won't let other people touch her body so he told her to bear with it.
    • Olga was killed by Barca but was said to be killed by an unknown criminal to the public. She left a will revealing all crimes Alicia did. Leonel and Luciano were very upset and were upset Ines also kept it a secret. They wanted to seek revenge on the Barca family for her since Alicia died. Leonel showed the letter to Carcel and he also got upset realizing his children and dying wife was because of Alicia. Leonel lied to Ines that Olga died naturally even though Olga had been trying to commit suicide in prison.
    • Leonel went after Barca and retired afterwards, leaving his title to Luciano.
    • There were some few nice moments before he left again but before he left again for battles Ines told him she hated him. She already can feel she's close to death at this point. (Even until the end she never told him she loved him but Carcel can feel her affections.) Luciano had also married and had a child so Ines was glad to see it happen before she dies. Carcel could also tell she was dying soon and wanted to resign to be with her, but then before he could resign, he got sent to war again. He had given her earrings from the same store he bought in beginning of volume 3. Ines wore those earrings when she felt close to dying since she thinks she might be able to meet him in the afterlife and thought to surprise him with them so he can see her wearing them. He promised her he would be back but that never happened.
    • In the end Carcel did die in battle and Ines died from her weak body. They both died at the same time. Carcel felt guilty he couldn't be with Ines when she died. (Ines had prayed so much to let her die if Carcel dies and he died in war so she died too. Either way she was going to die since she was very sick.) He was upset he left his wife waiting for him until the end. After their death, in the state of purgatory, the apostle Anastasio granted them each a prayer. Carcel originally wished to marry her again but Anastasio told him that his wife had already made the wish for him to be with someone else so he prayed to let Ines be happy, let her have a healthier body so she can enjoy herself. He was (somewhat) willing to let her marry someone else if she can be happy, but if the other man can't make her happy, he wants her to give him another chance to be with her again. He also prayed he won't fall in love with anyone else if it's not Ines, or marry anyone else if it's not her. Ines prayed that Carcel can find a woman he can love again and have kids he had never had before, and lived with them for a long time.
    • In the end, both their prayers got answered, Carcel woke up from dreaming of the 1st life. Their twin babies were crying so he told Ines to continue sleeping while he go watch them. They have twin boy and girl, Ricardo has black hair and blue eyes and with similar facial features to Lionel, while Ivana has blonde hair and green eyes with some facial features similar to Isabella. Both have Juan's ears. He also realized their names were from the same names as the two children he had with Ines with first life, ones who had died. Ricardo's personality is similar to Carcel in that his eyes likes to follow Ines and always act up to get her attention. Both children are "annoying" like Carcel to get their parents' attention and like Ines, they are decisive in what they want.
    • Ines came to check up on them and took Ricardo to their bed. Carcel carried ivana with him. On bed, Carcel started to lick her nipples as she then rebuked him for being perverted in front of the kids.
    • Carcel recalled her prayer and thought back that he did find someone to love again, have children they didn't have before (they're different children with same names), and he plans to live a long life with them. He planned to go onboard in the spring. The ship is already completed and in the water. He told her all his travelling plans with her and the kids.

Edit: Check TOC for side story spoilers

I might missed some things since there's a lot of little things here and there especially with the flashbacks. When Carcel finds out Ines married Oscar and she killed herself with the gun, he tried to break the gun and she stopped him. He didn't remember her committing suicide before. There was also some events in 3rd volume when she started inviting people to their resident, a woman ended up in their bedroom trying to seduce Carcel and failed. Carcel ended up telling Ines, he wanted her to place better people around her because he loved her so he also wants people around her to be good to her. It was the first time she cried in front of him and he started feeling guilty and apologized to her.

Also in her previous life, Luciano was able to enact revenge on his sister's death. He tortured and killed Oscar and had placed the illegitimate prince on the throne so even in other lives, Oscar did die. Alicia only got punished in 4th life though.

The spoilers only contained sequence of events and didn't show how things were led up to that or else the spoilers would've been too long. The author links everything together from beginning to end. Every little detail is important and I can't really type them all out.

• Somewhere in volume 2, Carcel had already realized that Ines likes to play the dutiful wife in public, so he used that to his advantage to hug and kiss her in public and she won't reject him. During a hunt, he embraced her and gave her a kiss. When he heard from the other ladies that Ines was complimenting him before, he felt happy.
    • When Ines realizes he loves her, she tries hard to avoid him when they're not having sex. She would stay in the library alone. But then one night he gave her a paperweight and told her he got impatient waiting for her to finish and carried her to bed himself. She keeps reminding him that she has fine legs that can walk and he was reminded that she does have pretty legs that he wants to taste but then told her that she takes smaller steps than him so it's cute watching her walk, even though she's taller than most women.
    • He likes to carry her around since he doesn't want her to walk too much. When they went to see the mermaid fountain, he was also carrying her there. He was a bit tipsy that day and let her walk on her own so she stepped on a stone and almost trip. He carried her right after that saying she might've tripped so he had to carry her.
    • In volume 3, he got jealous of an ensign that was talking with Ines and had went with her to a terrace together. He thought the ensign is trying to have an affair with his wife and threatened him. After the ensign left, he rushed to kiss Ines and hit his hand against the terrace when he rushed to kiss her. He did that to himself as punishment for kissing her, she was taking care of his bloodied hand and he felt happy over it.
    • Carcel frequently talks about Ines with Raul since Raul is also super loyal to Ines. They both have this sort of weird relationship together where they just praise Ines indefinitely. When Carcel was sick, Ines was slapping him face many times to wake him up. Raul told him about it afterwards and Carcel thought it was cute that Ines was caring for him. Then he got upset he didn't wake up to see her expression of worrying about him.
    • Their letters to each other were also cute, though Carcel is perverted in his letters as well. Ines had to rebuke him for being perverted in his letters since what if their future generations were to read their letters. When he was away at war, he wrote that he kept getting into erection thinking about her as he writes letters to her and smoke the cigars she stole from his father to sent to him.
    • He framed all her letters to him even if most of them are a few lines long. Carcel also knows her handwriting so he can tell if it's written by her.

Most fluff/sweet events happened around volume 2-4, volume 5 was angst with Emiliano, volume 6-7 wrapping up the issues of past lives, volume 8 angst and wrapping up the whole thing. Volume 9 will be released in the winter.

Ines chose Carcel because he was known as a playboy in 2nd life. The truth is he was never a playboy in any of the lifetimes from 1-3. They were only rumors because ladies like to show off and pretend they're slept with him, and Carcel isn't one to care about rumors so he left them alone. It was also possible Oscar had sent women to be with Carcel which he had rejected at first but then Oscar drugged him to sleep with other women.

The only reason he slept around in 4th timeline is because Ines brainwashed him to think he doesn't like her. The first time he did it with someone else was because he wasn't getting her attention. He never even slept around in Calztela so it was only during his short vacations in the capital. When he is in Calztela, he just work and go home, like a strict soldier regiment.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying Ines groom him so I have to elaborate, no. They didn't interact enough for that to even be considered. It was more subtle manipulation. Ines dressed in black and strict clothing so she wanted to look plain. She put her hair up like those strict old noble women or wear it in braids like a peasant. She knew she was attractive so she did ways to lessen her attractiveness. She knew that isn't enough so she also left the bad rumors about her alone, ones calling her a witch, crow or dressed like a nun. Some people complained about that woman in the beginning calling Ines that but that's because those were the rumors she left alone so Carcel could keep getting reminded he's in the bottom end of their engagement. By reinforcing that she's not good enough in her looks and he's too good in his looks, by dressing strict so he can feel suffocated around her (this also is why he only slept around in the capital because he felt stressed from the suffocation that also keeps reminding him of his family obligation), by love bombing him with letter and gifts when she was little to make him hate her. That all stopped when she was 16-20 because she was being suicidal and having seizures every day. He went to military academy and then enlisted in war so neither bothered each other, and when she finally came about after 20, he was working in Calztela and they didn't interact much either because he only sees her when he visits the capital during his holidays. When she was 23, Ines realized she was getting over marriageable age and she can't drag it any longer so she told him she doesn't care about him to trigger him to lower his guard, so he won't feel suffocated around her anymore, in order for him to marry her. Her plan somewhat worked but it was more because that triggered a lewd dream of a scenerio they had in 1st life and he ended up having a condition that he had in 1st life where he could only get horny for Ines because he loved her then. So after that dream, he could only get horny for Ines and rushed the marriage because of that. And after marriage she continued with the manipulation by complimenting on his looks, but her way of complimenting is usually weird like you're so handsome, it can't be help. In the novel it was compared to like a person telling a thief it was okay they stole because they were poor so it can't be helped.

The topics are controversial but it's not made controversial in the novel because the novel literally switches back and forth from the views of FL and ML. We can literally see they have their own thoughts between their relationship. ML was not told by FL specifically to sleep around. He was manipulated to not like her and feel suffocated by her. The first time he slept was to get her to be jealous, and he kept doing it to get her reaction that he eventually grew numb to it and forgot about how it even happened. He did liked her as a child and he brainwashed himself to think he hates her as well because of his pride. It's literally two-way. There's POV on both side. Ines thinking her plan to be plain and boring was working and Carcel thinking to keep his pride he will hate her. Carcel only slept around in Mendoza because he only felt suffocated by Ines and the responsibility of his family so he slept around to destress himself. The suffocation was done by Ines' manipulation. (TL on Ines' manipulation) (Ines' plot as a child)

Pretty good timeline of everything
    Pretty good overall summaries and lines of everything

Edit: Adding this here because I've been informed that people don't read the more detailed discussions and make baseless thoughts from the vague summaries I've provided.

Emiliano is NOT the 2nd ML. There is no 2nd ML in the novel. He barely shows up in the novel and his purpose is temporary. Ines also does not love him from the start of the novel. Her feelings for him are only really explained in volume 5 when she told Carcel that she had wanted to die (and this is because of guilt towards Emiliano, not love).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    Yuu3K, Angeline218, Grace34 and 208 others like this.
  11. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    @NohrNeir THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG I WAS EXPECTING THE THREAD TO BE IGNORED NOT LOWKEY READING THE ENTIRE BOOK OMG

and youre right, this is actually a really really nice book, both of them committed mistakes theoughout their lives and got their happy endings!!! nice nice i hope someone translates it tbh

Thank you so much for the spoilers!!

12. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll start posting some chapters next month when my finals end.

I do tend to summarize whole novels. :blobjoy: That's why @_potato pinged me.

To explain more about her regression and the memories.

Only the people who had sinned retained their memories as punishment (they're like normal memories where people generally forget the negatives more than the positives). People who didn't die their predestined death are given the choice to get the memories later on to help them stay on the path. The problem is not everyone followed the path. Oscar was the first to die outside of his predestined death because Luciano killed him when he wasn't meant to thus Oscar was given the choice and he chose to regain his memory. Using the memory, he took Ines as his fiancee and later wife to get back at Carcel. Initially Oscar only took Ines because of Carcel but after she commit suicide in front of him he grew obsessed and claimed "regret" and love for her, so he committed suicide in 2nd life. He claimed to have commit suicide because of Ines but it was mainly because he couldn't deal with the torture Luciano was committing on him. Thus in turn Ines and Oscar regressed because both committed suicide. In third life the same occurred where both committed suicide as well and 4th life is current life. Emiliano gained his memory in 4th life because he died outside of his predestined life and chose to regain his memory in order to avoid Ines so he can't hurt her again. Carcel never died outside of his predestined life or commit suicide but was given memories when begging the apostle and later on he got answers.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  13. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still can't understand why did he cheated on her in 4th life. Is it because MC manipulated him? Or because he wanted her to be jealous?
    And it seems like cheating is a very common practice in this novel's world. Not that I'm complaining or anything.
    ML is hot tho. And very loyal and funny.
    Thank you very much for the spoilers :aww:

icay1x, Irishh, Alanif_7. and 3 others like this.
  14. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m curious though, how can one be manipulated to cheat? People can only do so much, but the decision to do it ultimately falls in the hands of the person. I assumed, by manipulated means, she deliberately act so bad so that he won’t like her, and as such feels that the engagement weight nothing to him and considered himself as single, so went for other women. Therefore, after marriage he vows to stop, since he is now sacredly tied to his wife.
    On another note, thank you so much for the splendid spoilers! Love it!

15. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link

They’re so cute~!!:blobcatblush: Thank you for the spoilers!!

16. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    The manipulation is the brainwashing Ines does to him. If you've read the novel, you can tell from the way she talks to him, it's like training a dog. Ines really does treat men like dogs as Carcel puts it. She views Miguel as a cute and harmless dog so she's nicer to him. She views Jose as a cute dog as well. She called Jose cute one time, and Carcel got upset, thinking if Jose is cute then shouldn't he be cuter. At some point Carcel realizes that to get Ines's care, he would have to look pitiful to her because she's much nicer to pitiful "dogs" so he would act stupid and needy in front of her.

But lots of things fall under repeated reminders, or things that became a habit. She would remind him that his face and looks are so good, it's normal for him to sleep around. It can't be helped that he ends up sleeping around because he's so handsome. Things like she's not good enough for him so it's okay for him to look elsewhere. Even from age 6 she would keep reminding him of his handsome face and it's okay if he doesn't love her. She doesn't want his love and she's fine being the one "loving" him.

In fact she has no actual wish to really marry him so she's fine if he keeps delaying the marriage. She did eventually plot to rush the marriage because she is getting old. Most of her plans fall into things that are within her proximity of not having to do much. So her manipulation falls into either bothering him with letters and gifts to the point he's sick and overwhelmed of her "love" or continuous ways of talking that makes him think he can do whatever since Ines isn't good enough for him.

Also Ines doesn't have to deliberately act "bad". Her personality is cold and haughty to begin with. Her being nice is usually the "fake" side of herself such as when she would act as a loving and dutiful wife in front of public. She knows she has a bad personality and doesn't care if others know about it. She just felt Carcel wouldn't love her when she's like that since most people would find her difficult to deal with. Even when she "deliberately" dressed boring, black outfits, she ended up just feeling more comfortable that way since she's a very lazy person to begin with so she felt comfortable not having to choose an outfit or bother with it. Same with makeup or trying to pamper herself. She does know she has an attractive body though so that's why she did the repeated "brainwashing" just to be on the safe side.

Cheating is pretty common place, but the main couples' parents surprisingly don't cheat. Hence why Carcel probably has that mentality that before and after marriage would be different. His parents aren't really said to be couples that "love" each other but both his mother and father are loyal to each other even if they aren't really together. They live in the same manor but uses different rooms. It was said Isabella used to love Juan but lost that feeling of love from the pressure of her mother in law. She remains as a faithful wife to him though. Ines's parents married out of obligation as well and they remained married even though they don't live together. Her mother is crazy and her father chooses to keep that a secret from public to keep her and the family from getting backlash. There are also soldiers where their wives are back in Mendoza and both husbands and wives would cheat. Ines thought her marriage would be like that where Carcel would stay in Calztela and she stay in Mendoza.

Carcel had already planned to have a good relationship with Ines when he decided to marry her since the house he bought on the hill from his superior was said to grant couples who live there together good relationships. That's why it was his superior's wife's favorite house. He had to bribe his superior to buy that house. Another reason why he was very reluctant to leave that house. Raul would suggest to Carcel to move back to his original resident so they don't have to deal with weird women trying to go into their private rooms, such as their bedroom, but Carcel told Raul they cannot live somewhere else. They have to live in the house on the hill or Ines might "wake up" from being a loving couple with him.

Others that do cheat consisted of Oscar & Alicia, the emperor, Carcel's doctor, Dante's father.
    There are couples that don't cheat (after marriage- idk their life before marriages). Most seem to be the men close to Carcel.

Affairs are very normal, but divorce is taboo (in high society, it's quite normal for the commoners). So Carcel wouldn't have thought Ines would ever try to divorce him since people think being divorced is more shameful than being cheated on. Ines was the one who made divorce popular. She was suggesting it to a bunch of ladies in Calztela and it became a normal thing in Calztela to divorce. When she went back to Mendoza, the ladies of Mendoza thought the people of Calztela were shameful and vulgar for divorcing.

@Sourwer.XDD
    Forgot to add this but Ines would also remind him that he doesn't "love" her, so even if he does have feelings, he wouldn't know because she would keep telling him that he doesn't love her. Even in the whole volume 1 and most of volume 2, she would keep reminding him that. And at some point he would realize that he doesn't like to hear that anymore. Even when he realized he does get jealous, he would still be under the thoughts that it's not because of "love" that he's jealous of the men looking at her. He only realized belatedly that he had loved her all along when she almost died because he doesn't want to lose her.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    charisa, Grace34, WinnieS and 96 others like this.
  17. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I had started working on it since February, have 20 chapters translated but I just started posting some today. Will probably keep to a once a week posting from now on.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/this-marriage-is-bound-to-fail-anyway/

18. sin-angel

sin-angel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah so fast to answer, I just about to edit, so I delete it. Thank you very much :justabotheart: Yahooo!! Really can't wait for it :blobpopcorn:

Oh oh, can I make a request? Please make it 2 or 3 per weeks, because you know 500chs means 500 weeks(I calculate it, it's 9 years). Really?! Aaa, I really can't wait for this angst :cry::love:

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Cyan Aurora and NohrNeir like this.
  19. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure since I did that with previous novel and it only worked out on vacations if I don't have anything else to do, but I will be busy for the rest of the year or so. I'll probably post bulk on some holidays if I feel I have enough extra chapters to give myself a leeway. I do have extra chapters lying around now, but I'm busy with finals and projects so there are weeks I don't want to translate. I'll take into consideration to do more bulk releases on holidays so it won't take 9 years (hopefully). Even I think that's too long. :blobfearful:

But I do hope readers can try unlocking the chapters on Ridi if they wish to read ahead since it's not difficult to get verification on Ridibooks. Can just leave me a message and I can help with the instructions.

Inasible, MianneChan, By.Eve and 10 others like this.
  20. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, there’s something I don’t understand. Why did Ines brother kill the painter guy when she ran away with him? I got the impression that he cared for his sister when he took revenge for her.