This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Morimirror City)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by System, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why is work avoiding you, wouldn't that be pretty obvious? Jokes aside, so, Apron Lady's name is Senya? Not bad, that's pretty. Albeit I prefer to call her Apron Lady... It sounds better~
    And geez, Yi's voice, it seems that we're on the same wavelength on this point.

"Mmmmm, S-E-N-I-A?"
    It makes me think of that game with a great storyline... that I will never play again, just like so many games.
    "Alright, Senia. Yup, sounds good enough."
    Now that I think about it, I also needed to have lunch but I suppose it can wait...

"Now that I think about it, how did you get here? I mean, that's not the most available bar. Less flashy than the others. Harder to notice and so on."
    Once they are gone, let's hope Menda doesn't care about my comments else I might end up only having dinner.

Blackwater and Way like this.
  2. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    I pinched my nose.
    "Yes, yes, now pipe down a little, Senia."

I knew very well the lad- whose name I still didn't know- was probably screwing with her- non-literally of course, I couldn't think of anyone that would be insane enough to think of that line in the more literal sense- and I was content to play along.

Anyway, the lad's question piqued my interest as well- how was the girl not a cadaver yet? Did someone take mercy- oh wait, nevermind.

If anything about this world was like the previous one, they would be the ones pleading for her mercy. She could bench a bench and more, after all. And I guess she wasn't quite cuckoo enough to get herself thrown in jail for public harassment off the bat. Yet.

Wait, hold up. Where did she even get the clothes from? Did she goddamn leave with that makeshift underwear she had fashioned out of apron scraps- Nope nope, so much nope. That line of thought was going out.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Naraku, Haxagen and Blackwater like this.
  3. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmm...Intuition! I had a feeling there'd be something real good if I came to this bar, and it turned out that I was right! That and the fact that cheaper bars tend to sell cheaper food---you won't be catching me in this slag heap otherwise."

A5G_Reaper, Way, Naraku and 1 other person like this.
  4. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would seem that the miserable state of my clothes (and the dirt all over my body) is enough to occasionally let someone toss me a small coin. Which is a relief in its own way, but it's not much - I think. After all, I still have no idea how the currency here works, but I doubt anyone would give me more than small change.

But, at the end of the day, I have quite a few of those coins together. It should be enough for food, at least. Being alive in shame is better than being dead with honor and dignity, after all. Having already died once, I can say that dying isn't pleasant. And it seems like I won't be dying of hunger today. My stomach grumbles in anticipation of the food I'll be buying myself.

I make my way through some alleys towards an area where I know there are a few cheap-ish food stalls, as I suddenly feel someone tapping me on the shoulder from behind. Confused, I turn around - only to have a fist greet my face. With a grunt of pain I fall over, the pain of the blunt impact of the floor hitting my back paling in comparison to the pain I'm already feeling.

The coins I got roll out of my hand, and with a cruel chuckle, my assailant picks them up. "You know," he mocks me, "the area you were begging in is under my supervision. What am I saying, of course, you didn't know - you wouldn't be here if you knew. I'll just take your earnings for today and we'll be fine, won't we?"

After chuckling again, my assailant begins to walk away, carrying all of the coins I got today with him. My stomach protests in hunger, the taste of blood fills my mouth, and I think I lost one of my teeth. I need the money, I need food. With some struggle, I manage to lift myself up from the floor. Checking my left arm, it seems like the fall broke my dart shooter. No matter.

I stagger after the assailant, one of my hands searching my clothes for my dagger. As I slowly catch up with him, I find the dagger. I don't think I can fight him openly. But I need the money. With a leap, I pull out the dagger and ram it into the assailant's back causing both of us to collapse onto the floor. He lets out a shout of pain as I pull the dagger out, struggling beneath me.

Still alive, is he? I stab down again and again until he stops moving. Then I quickly grab all the money I can find and run into the labyrinth of alleys with it and my dagger, tearing off my blood-splattered clothes, and try to get rid of as much blood of I can, wiping it off with the rags of clothing I have left. Then realization hits. I just killed someone. Over small change.

I let out a hollow chuckle as I continue onwards, only knowing that wherever I'm going, it'll be somewhere else. Don't want to be seen around here after this. Let's hope I won't have to do something like this again. I also need a place to sleep... but food comes first.

The merchant selling the food raises an eyebrow as he hands me the food, but doesn't comment on my swollen cheek, or the bit of blood I have left. He only makes sure that I gave him enough money, before waving me away. "I still have others who want to buy food, so get lost, will you?"

Yes, that I will. After all, I just killed someone. I stuff myself with the food as I continue to wander around, trying to think of other ways to make money. Before hunger or exhaustion hits me.

5. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The job was hard, but my Physical Strengthening allowed me to clean way faster than normal.

Because I didn't knew how far the cleaning of the stables should go, I also fed the horses and washed them. The castle's servants only gave them food and didn't bother to take care of them... That was animal cruelty right there. I wonder if there are any animal protection laws in this world? The Elves might be the biggest advocate of something like that.

Focus

The work was monotone and calming, helping me adjust to this world. My perfectionist inner self got exited somehow, so I even went as far as clean the outside of the building and repair a few fences with the materials and tools at hand.

The same male servant went to check on me every few hours, giving me food midday and instructions all day, both which I accepted without complaining.

He even let me wash myself in the servants shower. I was surprised that there was a plumbing system, but with the existence of magic it may have been expected. That must mean that there were sewers in this city.

At the end of the day, I was given a silver token and a letter which I needed to give to the same old man that I saw this morning. I then quickly made my way there and saw the evil old man waiting for me with a smile.

Approaching him, I spoke accusingly.

"You tricked me."

"Hum? What do you mean, I don't understand."

This guy feigned ignorance. Sighing(I do that a lot these days) I explained to him calmly. I couldn’t raise my voice against an elder after all.

"I thought you would give me an easy job because it was my 'First time'. Did you know that I could hold my breath for more than 2 minutes? Me neither. I fear that the smell would haunt my dreams for the rest of my days."

Saying so, I gave him the silver token and the letter. He was laughing at my misfortune, but all words died in his throat after he opened and read the letter. He then began to look at me with a piercing glare. Did I do something wrong?

"You... finished the job? And not only that, this letter didn't ask to give you less money, but more? For a 'task well done'?"

"Huuuh... maybe?"

Shaking his head in disbelief, the man then took out a leather bag and filled it with coins. I didn't know if it was a lot, so I would definitely need to ask the way currency worked in this world. The same two guards of this morning let out shocked gasps again. Strange.

Giving the bag to me, the man then spoke apologetically.

"Sorry about that. Here, your pay. Come here tomorrow morning if you want more."

Thinking a little more, he then added.

"If you just got to this city, then you need somewhere to sleep right? I know a good place. It's named 'Golden Leaf'. Should be pretty easy to find. If they ask you, say it was me who sent you."

He then offered his hand for a handshake, which I gladly took.

"This old man's name is Cyrus. Nice to meet you."

I responded with the best smile I could muster.

"Thank you for your help. I am happy to meet you too."

After saying so, I headed to the inn he told me to go. 'Golden Leaf' was it?

Haitaka, A5G_Reaper, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  6. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprisingly, she is less loud than just before! Details aside. the hell is that reply? Intuition? Did she rely on that to get here? She isn't going to last long if you continue like that... albeit, on the part that cheap bars sell cheap food, okay, that's legit. I guess... that's still isn't the only cheap bar in the area and-- why is she even in this area..?

"Mmmmmm. I see..."
    Maybe, discover why she's in the area. Let's just ask this question, it could be interesting.
    "Where's the first place you stopped by when you got into Morimirror City? As for me, that was the Plaza."

If it was the same for both of them, I suppose I can assume all of us appeared there.

Way, A5G_Reaper, Derrax and 2 others like this.
  7. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Funny enough, that doesn't surprise me that much. The foolish have the clearest insight....although I don't feel Senya has much of that, honestly.
    Ah, the lad's caught on as well. Now, to supply the answer without revealing too much to the still listening crowd...ah right...girl you better get it!

After giving a stern look towards Senya, I responded decisively in case she did anything else that was detrimental to our secrecy.

"Tha plaza was nice, but no I was exploring the left streets first." Chuckling a little, as if I was thinking about something interesting- which wasn't too much of a lie, actually, for I did have some interesting memories, I continued. "Indeed, this place is deserving of its reputation."

As for what reputation? I had no idea, but apparently, the place was the fabled craftsman district of the city, famous for the decadent services...and 'services' it provided.

8. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Where...? It was night time when I got here, so I went to look for the Adventurer's Guild, of course! Too bad I found nothing 'cept Milla, who was the only one in the place...I wonder why?"

I should get back later and see if there's other kinds of work, ehh. Anyway---

"Those are my clothes! Give them back to me!"

Ah, where have I heard this voice before? Oh, right, it's the guy I plifered my clothes from. To be fair, he was trying to steal something from me, so it's his just desserts.

"I'll kill you---"

*Bam!*

I'm trying to talk here. Go take a hike.

Not caring where that guy landed, I turned around to resume the conversation.

"I'm assuming most of us arrived at this place---I wonder where the two lizards went?"

Naraku, A5G_Reaper, Derrax and 2 others like this.
  9. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm? So, The Keeper's Fist has a certain reputation? Why doesn't it surprise me? I sighed and began to speak as some eyes began to stare at the old man. Sheesh. Gimme a rest already.

"I see, I see, then, around the plaza eh."
    I guess it means that everyone we have met are here... wait, even the horse? I don't think I have heard anything about that yet.
    "Eh~ wonder what kind of reputation do you mean?"
    "Why is the first thing you searched was an Adventurer Guild..?"
    Wait. That's a bit too coincidental to my taste. Oh no... Oh no...! Just, why the hell would you beat up a guy here in all places? What're the chances that the guy you stole from - oh, so that's why you aren't in an apron -appear here in all places? Just, why does this place attract troubles?!

"You... damned fool... If you got to beat up someone, do it outside! Don't go stir troubles!"
    I really wanted to smack that cursed apron lady, seriously! I am already deep enough in troubles, but now? That's the cherry on the fucking cake of dynamite! Throwing a guy on a customer's table or a shady bar!
    And, well-- you don't trouble the owner of bar like that, some "customers" stood up and seemed to be prepared for a fight, all of them were staring at Sen- ah, no, us. God damn it. Should I just knock her off and deliver her to them? That would save our asses... But. Ain't my type either...

Why am I dumb enough to let this opportunity slip? Aaaaah.
    "Apron Lady... Let's just get out. You just came and you already exhausted me. Seriously, why do you seem to be the type to attract nothing but troubles?!"

While they clearly heard me, they probably didn't have any intentions of sparing me. "Boy, you will come back after getting beaten up, right? I need you to report for yer job. But--"

Don't stir troubles or you get beaten up, yup, I know, that's the rule. Sheesh. Even though I am hurt cause of the job.
    "Yeah yeah... Can't spare me, can ya? Nevermind. Only arrived yesterday, can't ask for that..."

A dozen of people were now up and ready to beat the three of us, they are rather calm... As if they're used to it. Then, there might be more people... I mean, they seem to take their time. Whatever...

"...This place deserves its reputation, eh!"
    Quoting Yi, I patted his shoulder and said only one thing.
    "I might work for them, but we can only run, ahah..."
    And then, I began to walk toward the exit. They are probably waiting that we're out. But worst case, they will just drag us outside.

Way, Blackwater, Haxagen and 2 others like this.
  10. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, was the adventurer's guild in this city supposed to be so decrepit? And-

CRASH BANG BOOM

I- what- why-

Okay, okay HEART ATTACK LATER. Let's get ourselves out of this pickle first.

...I hated it when I was right. And as expected, some random customers, whether they had too much to drink, were looking for an excuse to beat someone into a smudge, or actually were fickle enough to be annoyed by the sounds, were up for a bar fight.

...I felt sorry for them. Surely there was a way to de-escalate this conflict before Senya snapped everyone in two and- oh shit, the guards are called for public misconduct?

I didn't really feel like wasting a day in prison, not with the perfect conduct I had in my previous life...
    Not to mention those prisons would probably be a new sort of filthy. Ugh.

Anyway, let's think of something...ah right, I have the idea.

Gesturing for the kid to take it slowly and a slightly ticked off look in the general direction of Senya- not that it would have helped, anyway, I carried out some pre-conflict planning.

"‘Scuse me, my lady", I leaned forward to the boss lady with a completely composed and slight smile- notice my wording, the difference between 'ma'am' and 'milady' was important, and I had to prove myself confident to dissuade people from having weird ideas, as was customary for an isekai. "Could I kindly ask for a small cup of cooking oil? Don't think much about it- I'm from the far east, and we have quite the strange eating habits there...need it with my bread."

A coin slipped on the counter was enough for that, hopefully.

11. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    The moment Yi's quote left his mouth, someone familiar walked in.

It was, of course, the good-old librarian. Hunched ninety degree because the establishment was nowhere near large enough to fit her size, but she loomed over everyone regardless. There was a temporary moment of shocked silence before the entire bar exploded in cacophany of swearing and stumbled movement of rapidly-trying-to-get-away.

Haitaka, Blackwater, Way and 3 others like this.
  12. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Eh, not my fault someome tried to rob me. I don't pick fights, but if people come to me looking for them...well, there can only be two ways that things end in. I don't know how people work here, and frankly neither do I care. Best thing I can figure out is---"

I let my gaze wander around the bar, picking out the ones that were spoiling for a fight.

"Number one, do to others what you want others to do to you. If you make a living the easy way, robbing the fruits of others' labour...you'll be ready to be stolen from, right? Unless you wish to tell me crap about how only you are allowed to take from others. That's just the ramblings of utter trash from the barrel's bottom. In fact, anyone who thinks like that should go crawl back into their mother's womb and restart life, you dregs."

"Two, might makes right, and the weak have no right to talk. In that case, since that spineless fool was weaker than me, it's only right for him to taste the consequence when trying to assault me, no? Although, the second philosphy fits me better. So, gentlemen, proceed if you please, but..."
    I try to be reasonable by nature, but since so many people are emitting hostility at me, surely they won't mind tasting a bit of their own medicine?

So, I let my gaze wander, and thought...

I'll castrate you all.

Way, Derrax and Blackwater like this.
  13. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Menda sighed and did not really care, she just gave to Yi what he wished, a bottle of cooking oil. A comment then left her mouth.
    "Sure, if it's to buy something, you can come any time. Just without your friend there. Though, as for now, just get out, you can come back later."
    "Ah shit, here she goes saying nonsense... I guess I should have expected it from a musclebrain... "

Well, I guess I could not expect it go better than what it is! Of course, she wouldn't listen to what I would say as she seems busy being a nuisance.
    "The hell do you expect, if you don't care about places' rules, no wonder you will get hostility, you picked a fight on them on not respecting them (though, you didn't know them, but not causing troubles is common sense). On top of saying bullshit that is beside the point, you basically push the blame on them when everything's just your fault for not caring 'bout this place. Straight out hypocrisy there...
    Albeit... I agree with the first point, you just got the misunderstand that you weren't the one that picked a fight, eh."

As for the second point... I don't even want to speak about that as this idea just makes me want to puke. Seriously? Didn't you leave your chuu- ah right. You didn't, yeah, definitively. I shrugged and--
    --I didn't even have the time to sigh that someone even more troublesome appeared. Or maybe, that was a good sign. While, I could feel it, my fear grasping my heart like a hand. There was also a breeze of relief, why? Their attention are not on us now!
    I just waved at our dear undead with smile and a cheerful tone, people wouldn't understand as I tried to speak in English instead of their language.
    "Thank you, milady!"
    Quickly, I just.. uhm... got behind the counter and took the bandages that were under it. Yes, during the night, I checked what was there...

People began to scream typical things such as "What the heck is that thing?!", some will probably foolishly try to attack it, I mean, it's blocking the exit and entrance so...
    Meanwhile? I will just clean my wound with some beer and bandage myself properly! Perfect plan! I will get better this way, and-- wait, what about going to the kitchen to eat a bit? That's the perfect opportunity... I feel a tad hungry, I just told something.

"Yi, c'me here! Help me with bandaging my shoulder, 'kay?"

Blackwater, Way and A5G_Reaper like this.
  14. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah, don't look at me like that.
    "Much thanks." I murmured simply as I sweated a little internally, looking at the situation fester quickly...

Well said boy, now-

OH WHAT THE FUCK?! Why were you here?! I thought you weren't supposed to be here?!

And boy, I thought you were rational! Why are you so goddamn calm?!

I- I-

...Screw this shit, I don't give a rat's ass anymore.

In the end. I just ended up looking at the undead monarchy and at the cheek face of the lad which I thought was sane with a driest look I could muster.. "You know, this is quite a strange time to be opportunistic."

Blackwater, A5G_Reaper and Naraku like this.
  15. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "What, so when three men surrounded me at a random side alley last night and threatened me with knives, I should have let them rape me and desecrate my corpse, huh? That guy earlier was one of them, joking about how he was going to **** and **** and **** **** me after they pinned me down, about how much money they'd get from selling me into slavery afterwards. He should be thanking his stars that I didn't beat the life out of them then, not to say coming back here and having the cheek to ask me about his clothes!"

I snorted angrily, crushing whatever remained of the stale bread into powder.

"I've seen my head fly off once, and at this point I couldn't give any more of a **** about things like showing hospitality to people who have no respect for others! And you, little boy, you seem to have misunderstood something."

I glared at the people looking for a fight, challenging them to a match of killing intent. Bloody hell, even if I joke around all the time, I'm still a bloody adult! And if I have any pride left, you can be hella sure that I'm not going to take cheek from anyone!

"Never drag innocents into a fight. Never plot or conspire against others, as long as no one has conspired against you. And if hit, hit back harder until the opponent is dead! That's the way I, Senya Gozen lives! If anyone has a problem with that---"

I lift my hands in a combat stance, allowing embers to dance across my open palms.

"---Then go outside and let the weapons do the talking!"
    Or so I said, but seeing who just came in, I doubt there was a need. Heck, even with the movement penalty she'll be able to slaughter everyone here effortlessly.

"It's been a while, Miss Lenaia. Thanks for letting us borrow your books. They were of great help indeed."

I extinguished my flaming hands, and bowed.

A5G_Reaper, Derrax, Way and 1 other person like this.
  16. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    After Ia cheap and fast breakfast, I started my delivery work. K gave a map to help me orientate. I don't really need it but it help find the location of the clients. Something is always better than nothing.
    It seems like all the clients already paid preemptively so I don't need to handle it. The gnome/dwarf was quite famous and trustworthy for something like that to happen. 'Isekai luck.' That was my thought before it vanished from my mind.

My first delivery was in the main brothel of the city. It was morning so it wasn't particularly active. Just some casual scream once a while...
    It was the fanciest place that I saw during my previous exploration. It felt like sex was written on every corner or wall. Every design was purposely made to stimulate the imagination of a lost soul who enters this paradise. Keeping my sex drive in check, I knocked on the door of the client.
    "Ara ara~ I didn't expect any visitor in the morning. Sorry, lad. This onee-chan isn't open in the morning~" 'Milf' was my first thought. 'Elf' was the second one. At least she looks like one. Never met one, maybe she just looks like an elf. An elf with some nice curves. Her dress doesn't leave much to the imagination.
    "M-mister K send me here for a delivery." I wanted to bury my head underground.
    "Oh~ That old man decided to hire a delivery boy~ That is a bit unusual." She smiled seductively while playing with her long red hair.
    "What's your name, sweetie?~" "A-adlet. Ma'am!" She giggled to my response.
    "Don't be nervous or you will be never able to satisfy your partner~" She teased me.
    "Nice to meet you. My name is Sarah. I'm the one who manages this brothel. If you need any service, I can find you a suitable partner. Or do you prefer me?~" "T-thanks for the offer. I need to go now. I have other deliveries to do!." I gave her the paper bag with the herbal medicine before running away.

At the brothel's exit, I finally could take two deep breaths. A sadistic smile appeared on my face. 'Ops~ I should train more to keep my own feeling from surfacing. I hope she didn't notice that I wasn't exactly nervous but rather...' After I calmed myself down, I moved to the next delivery spot. She probably could kill me before I could do anything. Unnecessary thoughts are unnecessary.

Way, Blackwater, Derrax and 1 other person like this.
  17. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    The undead monarch craned her neck to survey the room twice and waved in friendly(?) Manner before suddenly overtaken by a flash of white light. Everyone save for the hoppers stopped in a daze for another bout of silence before they returned to their seat, their memory of the past few seconds gone like a daydream.

"...where were we?"

"Ain't we gonna fight? Who?"

And of course, they immediately returned to the previous topic.

Way, Blackwater, Naraku and 1 other person like this.
  18. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Strange time? That's the perfect opportunity! Geez, my shoulder is stinging, and well, already saw milady once popping up in the Plaza, so..."
    As I removed my shirt that was being used as a bandage, I splashed some water on my wound, yeah, beer could be nice, but beforehand, I tasted it... and hell! I don't want that thing to be applied! I felt like puking!

"...guess, I will try to do that bandage alone..."
    I proceeded to grumble a bit more about how he doesn't want to help me fixing up my shoulder!
    "..yeah, yeah... this situation is just fantastically a mess..."
    After being initially stunned by her reply that was completely unrelated to what I was saying, I rubbed my forehead and just felt annoyed by how she used something out of context to push all the blame on someone else.

"And you're going around the point again, side-tracking and spouting unreleated stuff... guess there's nothing more to say to someone who can't be bothered to listen to people, eh. I guess I will be short, you disrespected the people in the bar by crossing lines, so they're prepared to attack you. Albeit, you didn't know you offended them by causing trouble inside... admittingly, that's common sense, but since it's a different you-know-what, that's understandable and that's legitimate for you to have crossed it. I basically got angry at your ignorance. I don't care what you do with the guy, you can go beat him, murder him for all I care, but I do care a bit when it's about the bar, what would have been perfect, you drag the guy outside and beat him up.
    And if it's too complicated for you, just: Don't cause troubles in an establishmen that is not yours."

As for dragging innocents, that's exactly what you're doing... albeit I did not say it or she would again go around the point again and I want to stop this meaningless discussion.
    "Ah, she's doing it again."
    That's what I said as everyone seems to go back to the previous topic. Look like it did not start yet. Some sat back and just shrugged over it. While some tried to remember what happened during that time. After a sigh, I simply went sat nearby the counter while they were still confused.

19. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "...What now?"
    At this point, I was just exhausted as I held my cup of oil, too tired of the back and forth rants to react meaningfully.

20. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops, didn't quote.

Haxagen likes this.