Mini RPG This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Summoning Area)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by System, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, go ahead and help yourself then."

Senya rested the palm that wasn't gripping the cow leg onto the side of the crystal, laughing.

2. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Right. Killing things. With Defensive Magic." holding my face in my hands I turned away slightly to find a scantily clad world woman balls deep, figuratively, in a smorgasbord of a Hero's Feast. How is this the first time I'm noticing this? Attention Deficit Disorder you cruel neurosis.

"Also, Ranko is a cute name. I'm looking forward to doing business with you, call me Blue. " wiping a bit of drool with my sleeve I start to reach for the the Ceremonial Catering table.

"Don't mind me if you wanna eat though, I've been dying for some chocolates..." a sweet tooth is the best tooth after all, I don't care if Chip Skylark fell from the sky and beat me to death with a giant toothbrush, I'm going to suckle at the teat of a super sweet treat even if it kills me.

Ddraig, Naraku, A5G_Reaper and 4 others like this.
  3. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    Reaching her hand to where Senya's hand rested, the crystal shone as Ranko fed on the mana that was being transferred. "Are you sure you want to feed me again? You may run out of mana at this rate..."
    "I am sure you will find a way... well, you could always collect essence other ways. I think?" Turning to Blue, she opened an awkward smile. "Either way, that is a contract done." The crystal shone for a moment, sending a string of light to both Blue and Senya. "You may now be able to collect essence by yourselves."

4. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Nothing a good night's sleep won't replenish. Since fire magic is still quite new to me, I won't be spending much of my own mana, so why not use it for something else instead? All I'll have to do is to eat my fill, expend energy while training, and then eat again! Plus, I'm no regular human, after all! I'm an oni of Rashomon!"

Senya smiled proudly whilst saying thus.

Naraku and A5G_Reaper like this.
  5. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Somewhat apprehensively, I ask the giant undead monarch a simple question, while pointing at the enormous chessboard; the length and breadth both as being as large as a full-grown man's height, idly hanging at the back.
    "Just a question...could I borrow that chessboard over there, along with a set of pieces?"
    @Lenaia

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Exitiumm, SpearOfLies and Haitaka like this.
  6. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting up from the table, I begin walking over to the mindscape area where I met Senya. Reading over the rules quickly, I hook myself into it.

[What time dilation setting would you like to employ?]

"Umm, I'd like this to go as fast as possible I suppose," I replied sort of confused by the question, but accepting it nonetheless.

[Understood. What parameters would you like to set?]

"I'd like to have my natural skills and abilities at their current level," I said getting the hang of the wording, "Oh I'd also like a gladius and a longsword"

[Understood. Would you like to implement enemies?]

"Yes please," I said with an affirmation, "Can you increase the difficulty as I get better at handling them?" I asked hopefully so that I don't get used to killing weak enemies or dying to strong one.

[Understood. Have a safe trip]

With that the mindscape opened up. I felt the wind across my face for the first time in days. The warmth of the sunlight tickled my nose. The expansive blue sky seemed so comforting.

*Growl*

That is until the enemies showed up...

7. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    After some time had passed, maybe a few hours at most, I had continued eating onward in order to have my fill of energy worth three days... something my body is barely able to contain as that feeling akin to blowing up is barely being held back thanks to my body. It feels as if I'm a glass cup filled to the brim with viscous liquid and then slightly so with more, just enough to balance and rest at the top yet not spill out as I finish the last dish to this buffet bash, the wheel of cheese that my sharpened stone rightly so claimed by being embedded within its dairy, to which I recollect afterwards. With this speed eating game to myself finally closed, my body is only ever barely able to contain the energy it now holds, shaking from its core outwards then reversing inwards cyclically in reverberations as I feel quaking booms of fervent blood flow that with every step I take, it seeks for a way to be released from the dam, but I know that I must use this gate to let it trickle and stream and not let it burst and overflow. I must use it to grow. I get up from the table of platter as I head over to my next destination. The library, hoping to delve its contents to gain the vast knowledge I seek and the vast knowledge that seeks me, hoping to find something that will let me use this energy in a more efficient manner a necessity for growth.

As I arrive there, I am baffled at the librarian's keen figure, a giant compared to my own size, dwarfing my height in sheer scale. I am troubled in how to ask this figure in what contents this library contains, if I speak in a quiet tone, I fear that she might not hear.
    @Lenaia

8. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh, the chestboard? Sure. You'll need to come over though."

Coming closer, he'll realize that the board was quite a lot larger and further than expected. It's as long as a basketball court. There's no visible motion from Lenaia but the board slowly floated off into a wide stadium-like side room (why would a library have such a room) where it settled down the center. There's high podium on opposite sides for the players to seat and view the board from a vantage point.

"Just say your orders, yes?"

Then the pieces scuttled from a dark hole... chests. Literal mimics of varying stage, colored variously distinct combination of white-gold and black-silver. The pawns were indistinguishable from standard medium-sized chest. Rooks were stout and large. Knights basically were smaller mimics with helmet big enough to fit themself riding on a larger mimics with four hoofed legs. The bishops were long with many legs and moved sideways like some boxy crabs. The queens were ornately heavy dowry boxes. The kings looked as aged as they were sturdy, seemed like heirloom chests taken off some kingdom's royal treasury.

"Here's the rulebook. Pretty sure it's the same as your version though, one of your predecessor brought it along."

Exitiumm, Derrax and SpearOfLies like this.
  9. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    For her part, the librarian loomed and stared down onto a tiny kobold. She'll wait for it to speak first, as per usual. They all unfreeze eventually.

Derrax likes this.
  10. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Regaining my wits and then my composure, I rework my mind in order to speak without being overwhelmed. I ask "Does this library contain anything about mana, chi, pyrokinesis, geokinesis, mining, general crafting, trap craft, jewelry craft, artistry, taming, domestication, weapons, weapon forms, training, and bootcamp" in a hoarse meek voice and take a pause as I take a deep breath in in order to catch my breath while waiting in anticipation to what she will say.

Derrax likes this.
  11. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    I stare at the librarian, with a slack jaw.
    "I...I...well...this is a little grand, but I'll make do, thanks...I guess I'll have to invite a bunch of people myself, huh?"
    A chuckle full with mirth escaped from my throat before suddenly I had a peculiar thought.
    "...Actually, er...sorry, but you mind showing a demonstration of how it's done?"
    Indeed, I was going slightly mad if I was going to play chess against such a being.

Exitiumm, Derrax and SpearOfLies like this.
  12. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    Energy manipulation, including magical schools, are in the first 200 rows. Crafting of all kind are from 201 to 349, weapons and combat using them are 350 to 475."

Derrax likes this.
  13. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hearing the word chess, I went to take a look. I enjoy playing any sort of boardgame so it easily catches my attention. I don't think I want to waste my time here playing chess but a game or two doesn't hurt. Reading an encyclopedia for all day isn't the most exciting thing ever.

Derrax and Way like this.
  14. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mm. Pawn E2 to E4!"

She said without yelling, but the pawn mimic in question popped some stubby legs and scuttled forward before sitting down in the designated destination.

Derrax, SpearOfLies and Way like this.
  15. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "I see that, and raise pawn from E7 to E5." The 'old' man smiled, as he focused in determination.
    The game had begun.
    OOC: Watch if you'd like
    https://lichess.org/sM1cn6d1

16. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats one heck of a bloody match, black is making a number of incorrect moves tho

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  17. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    Also holy shit how did white manage to get there pawn there.

18. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    Well its a black loss, white styling on with that double promotions tho

19. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    (( Calm down, there is a chat on the side of the chessboad and don't be too harsh on them.))

Ddraig likes this.
  20. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Not trying to be harsh, also I cant seem to access the chat from mobile and well it seems I missed a good match.))