Mini RPG This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Summoning Area)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by System, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BlueStar413 likes this.
  2. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sweating and shivering, I stayed still for a few minutes. Just how in the world can I be this careless? The forest, blablabla! They didn’t follow me, sure! You are just blind, fool! Ah. Anyway-- didn’t want to do that but I guess that someone’s going to need to control their emotions. Time to train more seriously and well, I will compile my results later on…
    Emotions aside--

Ten to eleven hours later, I finished with my training. Ideally, I let my emotions go wild and grit my teeth before cracking my bones, I decided to leave the simulation. It took too much a toll on me. I could still feel the blood sticking to my clothes and skin, the scent seemed to be still present, lurking and clinging to my nostrils.
    My mind was irritated by these simulation, my emotions were in a turmoil that I could not fathom, a sigh escaped my mouth as I left the Y-S pod, the fleshy cocon did not bother me anymore. It-- just disgusted me more than before. Albeit my fear toward it significantly reduced, ha. What happened during these ten hours? Quite an awful adventure. The physical feedback did not bothered me much-- what was the most bothersome was me getting trigerred each time I was in pain, afterwards, I would just restrain myself from pathetically moaning about some superficial injuries..? Gosh, just remembering it was shameful, hopefully only me remembers it- actually, does they register what happens with each person who used Y-S Simulation..? ...Let's not think about that. I will never know these people, after all, that's fine then.

I should take a nap… where though? I am stupid. That would not be the first time, I will just sleep on the table Hai, Exit and I used beforehand. That is more practical, it would be easy for them to find me once I wake up and well-- I guess that when I wake up, I can just go study a bit… yeah sounds like a good idea.

Ah yeah, I would be able to go eat for a bit as well… maybe I should get a drink before going to sleep… nah, later, I can restrain-- wait, where are the toilets?! That’s an important question! --will ask about it tomorrow too.
    Else, I will fall asleep in the toilets.

Later on, I sat nearby the table and immediately fell asleep, my brain was exhausted with all it lived during the simulation. It was a bit too much for me it to handle.

OOC: Phew, no word count jokes this time!

3. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At first, I had two main theories. The man who wrote the [Sword] books was either Immortal or had a time travel ability, like in Re:Zero. I was more into the latter, as a lot of his battles were the same.

However, the more I read, the less sure of myself I got. The booklet the Goddess gave us clearly stated that true Immortality and time travel were out of reach. If that is the case, then how did one individual had so many experiences, so many lifes?

After reading every books, I finally understood.

He stole them.

He was something like a Ghost, a Spirit, a Soul Eater. He had stolen many peoples memories, and for some reason, decided to write all of them into books, which somehow ended up here, in this Library.

I didn't know the way he did it but this guy must have been amazing. I wonder if he was someone like me, an overworlder, and he got a Blessing allowing him to do that.

He must have named his books [Sword] for a reason. Maybe for someone with a Sword related Blessing to find? If so, for what purpose?

Focus

In the end, they weren't useful to me right now. I needed a book on swordmanship to increase my odds of surviving in the new world I will soon go. Although the [Sword] books had a few pointers, they weren't enough for me.

When I looked for every [Sword] book, I found some that catched my eyes. Their titles were [Imperial style swordmanship manual], [Compilation of Swords stances] and [How to take care of a swordman equipement].

'I hope my Combat aptitude (Sword) will help me like it should...'

Focus

Haitaka, Naraku and BlueStar413 like this.
  5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Slowly getting out of my slumber, the first thing I did was taking a book and opening it. One about history, that’s something not really useful. But that’s something I appreciate, thus I will read it also to clear my mind. To push away some thoughts of mine. As I took the book, while reading it, I began to walk, to search our lovely and terrifying librarian. Of course, I did not have any problems. I mean, I know the road more or less by heart.

Around five minutes later, I found the person I was searching for and asked her an important question. I am surprised I didn’t hear yet where it was…

“Excuse me… could you tell me where are the toilets?”
    Surprising that I did not hear about it yet, I mean, it has been a day right? But what if there is no toilets… does it mean that we have to do it in the corridor? That would be… awkward.

@Lenaia

Haitaka likes this.
  6. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    It is believed that the power of flames depend on one's temper. Generally, a hot temper would lead to hotter flames, and vice versa. After all, fire is an extremity, ruling one end of the temperature scale.

To test out that theory, I was in the simulator matching up against opponents---is what I'd like to have said. Trying to fend off several computer generated enemies would have been closer to the truth.

Your run of the mill sell swords. Not particularly skilled in fighting, but numbers have a quality of their own. Also, they're probably the horny kind, so we'll see that sort by a dime a dozen in novels as villain C, D, E...Let's not find out if the system replicates that as well.

"Burn!"

For now I tried to act 'genki', as the book had recommended. Of course, it was useless. The little fire caused some scalding, but at that rate, I'll be better off with a wooden oar. No good.

Well, I guess I'll leave it to...myself, okay?
    If it's just for a few minutes, then fine.
    Great! You're up, me!
    Hai, hai. So troublesome.

Well, it's fine to hold back and all, but it's not good to lie. Though setting off the Purge Precept isn't good either, so I guess it works for now. It'll become a high issue one day, but, well, I'm not paid enough to worry about it.

Actually, I'm not paid at all. I just work for free at this point, don't I.

Guess I'll vent my frustrations on these fools, then.

"Incinerate...o lament of a wrathful soul."

Naraku and Derrax like this.
  7. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Returning to the table I was reading at with Nara and Exit, I found they both were missing upon my return.

'I suppose they wouldn't wait for me when it seemed like I was messing around,' I thought to myself as I opened up the book of healing magic.

Until [Voldur's Guide to Transmutation], this book seemed to be a fairly standard how to book. It explained the basic principles of mana and how to circulate it in order to utilize magic. It even went further into the explanation about how visualization is key when preforming magic as if you don't hold a clear image of what you wish to do it will fail, if you even had the proper amount of mana in the first place.

'Feels like reading one of those "___ for Dummies" books,' I thought to myself as I continued to read.

Naraku likes this.
  8. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, I returned to the library. I decided again to purposely avoid that fucking encyclopedia and picked books about herbalism instead. Need to put the pieces of information about plants to some use. I knew near nothing about herbalism but I'm immortal now so I can test many things without risking to die.

I started with the book introduces the preparations and uses of medicinal herbs. Medical tea, tinctures, medical wines, and elixirs. Salves, oils, balms, creams, and lotions. Lastly aromatherapy. Different ways to prepares herbs and each giving different effects. Most of it was related to stimulate and enchant the body's natural capabilities. But there are also effects that inhibit or remove some body's function but they have a higher chance of causing addiction, intoxication or death. There was also a part of the book related to mana recovery, mana conversion, and other mana related stuff. I... probably need to check that stuff later on...

After I finished the book, I picked the one related to medical tea as the one who requires less effort to prepare together with salve and the most basic aromatherapy.

Derrax likes this.
  9. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    *Roll*

Missed.

*Roll*

Missed.

*Clang*

A successful parry. I ran in, chipped away at the enemy...and got greedy. There was no time to respond as the shadow fell across my vision, and I got battered across the field.

"Ugh."

It didn't sound like me. The voice was different; older and dryer. And the opponent too; he spoke little. All that needed to be said were long said, what was left was to fight.

I reached for something at my hip and pressed it against my mouth; there was no taste, but the black spots in my vision cleared momentarily.

*Roll*

That was clos---Sh*t.

At some point, the sword switched sides, and I forgot that the movement changed. As I lay on the floor, still rising, the massive shadow jumped.

And the massive sword flashed.

* * * * *​

What the hell was that dream...?

Haitaka and Derrax like this.
  10. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "What should I have expected... the undead is indeed dead."
    Or so I thought when I received no replies. A bit sad, she had a nice voice despite that horrendous form! Where should I go...
    I have an idea. I need to train, physically, I suppose? Then, what about that-- I run and explore the whole place, at some point, I will find it! And I do it while running. It doesn't sound too bad, right?
    Anyway let's do it! ...as long as I am not inside the

Around some dozens of minutes later, I have finally found the toilets! It was... just half a kilometer away. Seriously, if I knew, I could have avoided running... albeit, it feels a tad nice to run. Would have been better if I had more fitting shoes, it feels like my feets are burning. Aaaaaaah. Whatever! Let's just get it done!

Dozens of minutes for a few minutes. I left it with a slight smile, it feels like I was freed from a burden. Quickly enough, I came back to the library and got back on my book 'bout history, I need to finish it... I want to go see a book 'bout languages afterwards. Might be interesting to see what languages do they speak in their world... phew, hopefully I have enough time to do both~

Haitaka likes this.
  11. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well that should be enough preparation," I say to myself shutting the book I just finished, 'Alchemy, Transmutation, and Healing,' I started thinking to myself, 'With this I should be able to hide and explain my ability,' thinking that I set the book down on the table.

Getting up from the table, stretching a bit while I do, I started to walk towards the summoning room. Looking around I saw how many people came here, and how most of them seemed fairly okay with the situation - still ignoring the Pegasus thats running around - making me wonder where that Goddess did anything to us when she sent us down here, or if they were just weird to begin with.

'I wonder when we'll be getting out of here,' I thought to myself with another stretch, acting as if this whole situation doesn't phase me.

12. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I arrived at the dinner table, sad yet now with a goal. I also seemed to have grown more scales on my body and now my entire hand was scaled, including my claws...urr nails.
    I decided to look at the gazillion different types of food after sensing the delicious aroma. Pickkng a bit of everything I sat down to eat food.

13. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard a noise outside the Library, and having mostly finished reading what I was interested in, I began to head towards the Exit.

After getting to the Ceremonial Hall, I noticed that the barrier blocking the Exit was down. Making my way towards it, I was relieved to finally get out of here. The food we were given was almost gone after all. While it was quite nice to read books and train, I wanted to go to another world!

Focus

Stopping in front of what seemed to be a magic circle, I sent one last look to the Ceremonial Hall.

'I wonder if I will ever return. Both to this Hall and Earth.'

Taking a deep breath, I stepped into the teleportation magic circle. How did I knew what it was? Just by looking at it, I couldn’t help but get a feeling of freedom. I decided to trust my instinct this time.

After a few seconds, I found myself teleported to another area.

Haitaka likes this.
  14. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Having experienced every sort of training that Hell Training Camp had to offer in order to have a taste, I had been lost in thought while my alternate selves were optimizing my Kobold body to prepare for what's to come. I had lost focus and thought in order to handle and process the amount of pain I was going through with each turbulence and test that washed over me. I felt my body adjusting through what I experienced as wicked mentalities proceedingly sculpted it with vigorous intent, in order to create a body at its peak, giving each and every kind of pain possible while making me fully aware of it in order to gain full body control. There was always physical training as training breaks while I was learning the support skills I desired and whenever I failed to do what was needed of me, they laid more physical training into me.

During the first day of long training the mental wear was getting to me but the constant training improved my condition and they finally decided for me to figure out the concepts of Mana and Chi, while reading the books aloud as I meditate as if for me to feel both energies, the energy within; chi and energy without; mana. As I start getting a feel they start making me flow both energies throughout my body and after a time I slowly adjusted to it, and with this they told me to constantly told me to keep them flowing as I trained physically in order to have a natural feel for it and for a bit of multitasking. This continued on and on throughout the first day and night until dawn came in the simulated world.

With that, as I constantly flowed my chi and mana throughout, they started to teach me the support skills that I desired. First was crafting, they taught me the intricate art of crafting traps and jewelry as well as a little bit of artistry to sophisticate the beauty of my crafts while also hammering it into me as if my life depended on it, I was only allowed to think about it while also learning the technique of searching in order to be perceptive of what I need to find while also learning how to dismantle, skin, and harvesting. Though what was being ingrained was at the most basic level, a foundation to grow off of as I learn about what I need to do, understanding the basics through and through.

Eventually it was the third day, and this was where I learned how to focus my chi into physique while learning how to use my mana for pyromancy and geomancy. I was able to produce flame and move earth as well as able to use them, with this I was able to create a surrounding of survival while helping deal with circumstances. With this they constantly made me use my mana to its limit in producing and controlling flame and earth as well as constantly using my chi in order to reinforce my physique to gain a handle on things in order to handle more, stronger, faster, healthier. Eventually, it reached the end of the day of the simulation and my proficiency with my skills was where I could grow at while also having a body that I was able to move at my leisure, with this I was ejected from the mindscape pod to rest and adjust.

Haitaka likes this.
  15. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stop reading as an uncomfortable feeling makes itself know. With a frown, I set the book aside, when the hunger hits me. A gnawing feeling in my stomach, painfully reminding me of the fact that I have been reading for far too long. Grimacing, I make my way out of the library, only to find a table which once probably was filled with food - now there really isn't a lot left.

After voraciously stuffing myself with the food, barely tasting it, I look up to notice that the exit seems to be open. With one last look at the remaining food, I sigh and head to the exit. After observing the magic circle with interest for a few seconds, I shake my head - I'm far from even remotely understanding this.

So I enter the magic circle and leave the summoning area.

Derrax likes this.
  16. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    After another round with Rhzrl, this time with no full world and just about studying human anatomy, I had gained enough knowledge to change the length of my hair. I also did study some enchantment basics but it was all just theory.
    On exiting the alien chair, I noticed that the place was empty except for Rhzrl and the librarian. "Well looks like I was left behind..."
    "Sigh it is almost as if it is a game and I have no option but to talk to a certain character to advance."
    Approaching the librarian I started talking but trailed off , "Ehem excuse me..."
    (( @A5G_Reaper @Lenaia Just transport me together with you, like maybe make it that you came to the mountain to take me there. Or something else, anything really.))

17. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    (( @A5G_Reaper *coffcoff* Take him to the public bathroom *coffcoff*

18. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    (( uhhhhhh I have a bad feeling with whatever you are suggesting ))

19. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((I'm going to bed though. Just pop at the plaza.))

Ddraig, Haxagen and SpearOfLies like this.
  20. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Another participant for the event? Excellent, this way please.))