Discussion This was made by triple A game producers ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by reagents 11, Aug 28, 2019.

1. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    So i get this in my recommendation today

What's going on ? Since I've turn my attention to much of the vr side and indie gaming how come they reduced to produce something this horrible as a triple A budgeted company ?

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't watched that video but wasn't that game from 2013 or something like that? So it really isn't anything recent

3. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't blame all of video game kind because of some shitty companies.
    Amazing games are coming out each year, tripple A games that still blows your mind. Like, Sekiro was just released earlier this year among other things.

mangoberry, reagents 11 and Wujigege like this.
  4. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    plus a lot of the "top" game companies have gone down hill over the last 15 years or so any way lol lots of examples out there too

5. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i didn't notice but the director are really sloppy in this one.

6. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get the unhappiness. He's complaining about a fictitious layout of a tank in a game where they have space stations with kinetic kill weapons that don't even exist in real life seems kind of missing the forest for the trees. Not to mention the plot armour where you firing the abovementioned weapons can kill off every single armoured vehicle in an area but when the MC is on a train, they somehow or other could not even destroy the train with the same "kill many tanks with one shot" weapon.

More importantly. Real life isn't fun. You want reality? You can either be the tank gunner or the tank driver, not both at once. And you can't shoot until your commander designates your target. How fun is that?

Sabruness likes this.
  7. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    So someone's complaining that a 6 year old game, from a series known for being nowhere near any sort of realism, has a section that's unrealistic and made to be absurd for the action value?

That's like watching a hollywood action movie and complaining that it's not super realistic and accurate to real life :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Realism can be good, like in a game when realism is the goal, but complaining COD's not realistic? funniest thing i've heard today. I very much enjoyed that mission and i dont see the problem. Vehicle sections and missions are literally the only worthwhile part of COD these days.

Edit: Also, he complains about the tanks being dropped out the back. That's not that far-fetched. Granted, it's usually done when they're strapped down tight on a reinforced pallet but it's still theoretically feasible.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Nightow1 likes this.
  8. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah this is sloppy even as an arcade fun game. It's even worse because they're triple A company. Did you notice the tank breakdown animation ? Or the vehicle physics ?

9. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you even know how many games even get M1 tank layouts right? I can't think of any off the top of my head. If you see the driver "sitting", the layout is wrong already. Tank drivers are usually in a reclined position.

Sabruness likes this.
  10. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course because they could've made better. In this case on multiple level.

11. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    This is EXACTLY my thought. Though not the tank one. I was involved in converting an M-113 to a 120mm mortar carrier for testing. After the test firing, the M-113 rolled off.... leaving its track behind. The shock of firing even the mortar was enough to cause it to throw its track. I don't think it'll survive dropping off a C-5. IIRC, even the old Sheridan airdrop tanks had an estimated loss rate of about 20-50% in a drop. Which is why they don't drop tanks any more. An M1 will totally break its suspension.

Sabruness likes this.
  12. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Look I'm not criticizing much on the realism I'm complaining about their sloppy works in their scenario, physics, and animation. As a triple A company how can you get this wrong.

13. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Talk is cheap, why don't YOU go do the graphics and layout of an M1? Hell, we'll even accept pencil sketches not CG. lets see how close YOU get even with an easy pencil sketch.

Sabruness likes this.
  14. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    That is EXACTLY what you are complaining about. They did not get it "wrong" since it is their *story* in the first place. You just have a different story in your head and since they don't match, you throw a tantrum.

15. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    I did 3d modeling. Yes i can do better than that.

16. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh they get this wrong. Seriously. But true in this case the game targeted audience just missed me.

17. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Show us then.
    Seriously, you're just being very bitchy just because they have an AAA in their rating. Just to point out to you, the AAA rating is for income, not for realism... just in case you keep missing the point.

18. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Do i have to ? Even you can do better by now using nowadays 3D modeling softwares.

19. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    lol The graphics for the layout in this game was "realistic", but not real. You can show "realistic" like them. But not real too. For one reason. YOU don't know what the interior layout of an M1 looks like. Very few people do.

20. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    On that side of the house, it did look a bit buggy and laggy from the video. Granted, i dont know what console and generation he used for the video but at least on X360 where i played ghosts, i never saw any lag or bug problems in all the times i played it. Not saying it's not possible but i personally never saw any problems