Spoiler Though I am an Inept Villainess ~Tale of the Butterfly-Rat Swap in the Maiden Court~

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    House of Kou’s maiden Reirin is famed as “His Majesty’s Butterfly”. But not only does she swap bodies with House of Shu’s maiden Keigetsu, due to the girl’s own machinations, but must also face execution for injuring her own self. However, with her nerves of steel, built over a lifetime of walking side by side with death due to her body’s frailty, she…! And more than anything, she’s elated to have finally attained a healthy body?!

https://mangadex.org/title/60057
    It seem like it have a novel but no traduction. I don't know if the manwha is a promo or no. Spoiler please.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It have an historical setting : the mc is a sickly but seemingly perfect girl who is favored and loved by all . She was pushed by a jealous woman who is hated by all with a powerless mother her nickname is the court sewer rat while mc is the butterfly. The woman pushed mc in a public way to take over her body while a comet passed who only happen in every few hundred years and mc can't justify herself the woman also lied that mc have stolen her diary (mc tryed to told personal information to her head lady in waiting than only she and her know but the diary scheme do that she don't believe her) . Mc is in prison faced with thread of execution but she's pretty chill about it because she get an healthy body.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  4. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a Japanese manga, so it's most likely serialized.

5. JinYanagi

JinYanagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the use of a healthy body that is going to get executed?

And diary makes no logical sense since she couldn't have written EVERY. SINGLE. MINUTE. of her life. As long as she is able to narate a few instances which are very private/ personal, she can atleast develop a reasonable amount of doubt in the minds of her companions. Secondly, it's almost impossible to copy behaviour same to same. The sewer rat arrogant/ trashy behaviour has to come out some day.

Kinda confused with everything

Aj90, Lovina, Poor_Hero and 3 others like this.
  7. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I head the the other gril does get a redemption arc.

The people who commended her have regrets and theres a bigger mastermind behind the scenes

Blablasimp likes this.
  8. Dragon_Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I did MTL and it was super confusing. Basic theme is
    MC was poisoned by some Gu thingy which is why she is constantly sick/ about to die. Plus MC is not naturally beautiful and intelligent. She spends almost 15-18 hours per day in studies, practice etc. She spends a lot of time in make-up too. In order to maintain her image, even when she is very sick, suffering with high fever, almost unable to walk, she will gulp pills and continue meeting people. But she is also genuinely kind. Not the fake white lotus kind. She is compassionate and likes people for who they are.

When MC gets Villainess body, she is locked up in prison and about to be judged by something called Beast Competition. If someone is innocent, the beast will not eat them. MC does something/ something happens (MTL too confusing) and the lion dies. So she is judged innocent and let go.

It's only when she goes to Villainess house that she realises the villainess despite being a princess is living a horrible life. She only has a small mud hut, has no servants serving by her side, no money and in the most abandoned corner of the place. She has to plant her own stuff, cook her own food, do her own laundry etc etc because Villainess is daughter of some dancer and not respected by anyone. Even her name translates to Broom Star (aka Unfortunate star) so it's kinda obvious why should would become so jealous of MC.

Villainess in MC body realises MC is not living a glitter life and the Gu poison activates. Only way to supress it is to ring some sort of devil bell or something. MC could have abandoned villainess but she rings the bell and the villainess in MC body is saved. She starts shouting at MC and raging about her unfair life and then breaks down and starts crying coz MC calls her her Fortunate Star and explains everything about how she has always been sick. They cry and hug and separate.

At night Villainess in MC body gets a high fever and suddenly starts shouting and stuff which is when uhh ML/ somebody (tbh the two main characters so to speak in this novel is MC and villainess) hears her shouting and realises this is not MC. He attacks her and demands to know. Villainess confesses. Later, Villainess goes to MC says sorry and offers to draw out the Gu poisoner. Gu Poisoner turns out to be the Queen or something (MTL was hella confusing so pls take it with a grain of sand) and the High Priestess or something. They switch back bodies, MC asks Villainess to be forgiven and they all live happily together.

Take it with a sack of salt coz MTL was v v bad in this

Aj90, Fostofina, Opelia and 31 others like this.
  9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are we sure the end paring isn't vilaness x MC? They seem to have the most scenes together

10. Redvelvetlove

Redvelvetlove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. kuroneko36

kuroneko36 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's very fairy tale like story, I wished it was a little longer. This felt like a Chinese novel but 12000% kind sugar added that cut a 1000 or so chapters down to 50 chapters. if anything, I want to see more of the MC improving life and relations as time goes on in the villainess body and vice versa.

12. Dragon_Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish but I think they are half-sisters or something. But everyone loves MC including Villainess.
    And I think they keep swapping bodies too just for fun, making the prince/ her fiance/ whoever he is chase her and find the original MC. The prince thinks to himself - She is like a butterfly everyone wants but she is mine. And the villainess thinking - at this moment in this place she is mine.

Basically, EVERYONE loves MC.

Oh - they are not sisters. MC is one of the competing uh princess from one of the five families who everyone knows is going to be chosen to become the crown prince's marriage partner coz he loves her, everyone loves her. Villainess is from another family except has never lived a good life.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  13. JinYanagi

JinYanagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so it’s completed already? That’s kinda sad, it had potential. I had a hard time understanding the MTL too so thank you for the spoiler!!

Blablasimp likes this.
  14. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    About switching bodies,, what a shame
    Now MC has regained SICKLY body and will probably not live long,, and then she MUST marry the prince,, since Reirin (MC body) is engaged to him

What a shame,, now the court guard is not the ML ;-;
    and here i was voting 4 him,,,,

15. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't they take the poison out tho ?

16. Dragon_Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the villainess is a priestess sort of something and that's how she managed to switch bodies. She is the one who realises MC was poisoned with gu. She will help MC defeat the Gu and the real villainess. So MC is fit and fine and healthy and (I think) married

Lucila, Marane101, Cyltea and 9 others like this.
  17. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Married with who the prince or the prince half brother ?

MianneChan, Blablasimp and Mikaa like this.
  18. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you 4 the information//spoiler :aww::blobReach:

Please, let it be the prince half bro ;-;:sushi_dead:

MianneChan likes this.
  19. samster

samster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you! I really love the court guard rn, compared to how highhanded and arrogant the Crown Prince is, the half brother seems a lot more nicer.