Discussion Thoughts About Cultivation Worlds

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HappyHavak, Apr 23, 2018.

1. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    As I was sitting bored, I had a thought; How come all cultivation novels have an entire multiverse populated with no races except the chinese? Then as I was reading OEM I had an epihany. What if the Chinese people were the first to discover cultivation? It makes sense considering there cultural heritage. So if they were, what if in their nationalistic fervor they proceeded to purge all other races leaving only themselves? Then, as ages pass, they grow stronger and explore into the previously empty multiverse spreading the race and ensuring that all under heaven belongs to them. This chain of events would in fact lead to the common setting of only Chinese cultivators. Thoughts?

Compound Q likes this.
  2. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    depends on the universe. CD, for instance, had a multitude of races. And even the humans had different cultures, if I remember correctly. But yeah, most of them seem to assume that human=chinese. I would say, that in the case of the chinese discovering cultivation first, it wouldn't even have to be a deliberate purging.
    Their bloodline would be higher tier because of the cultivation, so whenever they marry and have children, the children would be chinese. Then eventually, everyone would be chinese.
    I think it's more confusing when there are many disconnected planets in the universe, but the people there are still human... that's not how evolution works...

3. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than saying it is dominated by Chinese, it is more like they only got Chinese culture...
    That vast world but its culture only one and the same through 3 realm or more(depend on the story)

Grenore likes this.
  4. SilverxCalibur

SilverxCalibur ...

Reading List:
    Link
    I support the purge theory. The idea of the Chinese adopting a tolerance for interracial breeding is laughable.

5. Undeadlord

Undeadlord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because something looks human behave like a human have similar DNA as a human and culture that similar to humans do not mean it's a human even if it is a human it does not mean it's the same human as us. It's like the different between a Homo sapien sapien, Neanderthale, chimpanse, and a gorilla.

6. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren't we live in a cultivation world? Those from CN story is mostly Chinese because the author rarely see other races directly.

But everyone do cultivation. We cultivate potatoes, rices, vegetables, etc

Disgusting and Aldevil24 like this.
  7. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's also the strangeness with the languages. Sure there are other languages like beast or demon, but in most CN cultivations (that don't heavily center political conflict and war between human countries), the major/main language is Chinese. This includes other realms and even other intelligent creatures/species/races also speak Chinese(as either there main or secondary).

It's also weird since in JP (western) fantasy world at least you get a translation or language comprehensive skill/spell/artifact as your standard starter package where CN novels lack that in their starter kit(they usually have storage ring, cultivation technique, cheat spiritual advisor, cheat system, plot armor and/or cheat martial space but missing the language tools).

JP fantasy most of the time has the MC a least mention or notice there being a native/different language in that world or at least different writing but same speaking. However, CN MCs don't question why this "different another fantasy world" wouldn't have a different language. It's like it's expected or that Chinese is the only language.

Aldevil24 likes this.
  8. Undeadlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Another reason to that is probably because the chinese is bad at being creative that's why their culture and technologi have stagnate for thausand of years in the real world too.

9. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple, because the novels "was written by CN, for the CN".
    So I guess they can't write anything beside relating to CN, I guess.
    Like how they F***ING Wrote "Fan-fiction" for Anime, Movies.....You commonly see Characters inside Shouldn't be CN, but somehow Understand CN culture, and even Quoting some random CN quotes, or saying some random CN lines. They can't even make the characters right....I swear, this is why I Never read CN Anime "Fan-fiction".....They ruined my favorite characters, arcs, scenes for their F***ING wish-fulfilling MCs.....I can tolerate Movie Parody + Horror + Survival Infinity genre though.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Aldevil24 likes this.
  10. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where do you think some of those "human-looking" monster races come from?
    They are the descendants of non-chinese people and are not considered humans, b/c (some) chinese are racist af.

11. Aldevil24

Aldevil24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the author is chinese, bruh! Just like every (well almost) Hollywood movie is set in the USA. And yeah, I'm a party pooper.

12. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, China from past to now think they are the center of the world like the USA of today, but for much longer and even their name in chinese means middle kingdom or country.

So of course a place that is suppose to be heaven that they created would only be filled to the brim with only Chinese.

13. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Your question is the same with why monsters attack japan only.
    :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Disgusting likes this.
  14. Undeadlord

Reading List:
    Link
    They still think they are the center of the world and they think chinese culture and people are the greatest and everything else are trash or secondclass.

Disgusting likes this.
  15. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Even so.. It still within manageable scale, it isn't being exaggerate like in cultivation world..

16. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Old habit die hard, it is like if the USA thought they were the best for five thousand years in their region and never face an adversary they didn't asimulate into their empire after getting conquer.

Now that their century of humiliation is almost over and they are rising again to be the middle kingdom at the center of the world.

There nationalist pride are naturally going to flare up to the nine realms of heaven and above.

Disgusting likes this.
  17. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    Except that according to the novels, they are the same human. which was the point i'm trying to make.

18. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you must learn how to kowtow to start cultivating. If you dont have a master AND kowtow to him, why would he pass on techniques? Self created techniques? You dont even have any insight into the Dao.
    Thus, how can you steal energy from the world and the heavens? You need a technique to steal this energy.

This reassures me that you must first learn how to kowtow to start the journey to immortality. Even if you did learn to kowtow, you would first have to fibd a master.

The wrong way of doing things is the way followers of Christ do it, you cannot transmit these techniques through merely 'touching' children.

See? So you gotta learn how to kowtow. Good Luck guys.

19. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Well, the reason is, the genre is specifically Chinese fantasy based on taoist principles. In other words, there's no real reason to bring non-Chinese concepts or peoples into the story. If you have cultivation novels brought into modern day, you can have Western cultivators though. For instance, Cultivation Chat Group has a number of Western sects with their own cultivation methods. I believe in a few novels Japanese ninjas are also considered a type of cultivator, inferior of course, but still.

And if you look at Western mythologies... no one becomes a god by training hard. You also don't see creatures or objects being able to take human form just by living long enough, either. Those are pretty much purely Eastern concepts. If Western-styled cultures exist in in the multiverse, there's no reason for cultivators to visit them.

It's not weird if I base a novel on Norse mythology and don't mention anything about China or Chinese culture, right? It's the same thing.