Discussion Thoughts on Goblin Slayer Anime

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by venu101, Oct 11, 2018.

?

How was the anime for you?

1. Good

30.3%
  2. Great

30.3%
  3. Epic

27.3%
  4. Goblin poo

12.1%
  5. Something between good and poo

15.2%
  6. Good

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chtholly168

Chtholly168 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was pretty good (but my standards are generally set pretty low) other than the CGI LOL. I also loved the music, but of course overall I still prefer the novel or manga though.

2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read the novel and the manga. The anime is on point. I’m a fan of the original. So I am happy how the anime turn out. A lot of times especially in movies. Directors tend to read a summary and than make the movie how they feel it would have gone.
    MC- Goblin Slayer
    MC was true to the material. A goblin killing machine. His background makes him a robot.
    MF- Priestess is again on point.
    The graphics were I believe to show a more violent and grunger mood. Not so much blood, guts, and rape. They were telling a story. Modern day movies are okay showing all the gruesome moment by moments, but for me I miss the old story telling. Where sure people died, but they didn’t need to see the knife cutting a stomach. Just to see the intestines fall out. A really good director just needs a glimpse of a knife and the expression on the victims face. Than it’s up to the audience imagination. Besides this is not a horror flick. In any worthwhile story you need to have an enemy to despise. Also a immersive story has to be believable. I could see myself falling for the tricks of the goblins. When the MC explains what happened it makes so much sense and it gives the anime realism.
    Of course I’m not a conosuire of anime’s, but I’m open minded enough to except what is. I’m not sure I would mark this anime a 5 out of 5 stars, but I would put it at least at a 4+. In the end this only my opinion and there hasn’t been any really unexpected cringe worthy moment yet.

runsing likes this.
  3. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might show later or in ova or may keep it in manga to boost sales perhaps
    The gods are playing this inside his head

But it's only beginning
    Depressing by that you mean the sudden deaths or continuous tragedies of noobs to come?
    Yeah loads of school life oriented anime for the teens and the younger adults
    Yeah I had doubts when I saw trailer but ep1 confirm low budget production
    Makes two of us if it's just manga or novel I can throw the scene out of my head but videos are bit hard. There is censored and uncensored version not sure how much they held back though
    This is a sempai . We have a confirmed senpai boys.
    Idgit
    I agree with second opinion of yours but first one not so much
    Budget cuts*
    Yeah I up you on that
    Hmm?
    Oh the eyes they cry tears of blood
    For the Sparta kick?
    Good because emotions are shown bad cause it's not for guys like me
    It's getting worse alright
    There is censored version for TV release and uncensored one for order and stream I think someone said.
    Same here
    True

4. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    A great one for who loves the genre.