Spoiler Thrive of Catastrophe (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by azure_sea, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Food food

Food food Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML can't touch MC in real so ML is always going in MC's brain to kiss and hug him
    But MC think that he is having dirty dream about ml

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    why can't ML touch MC? How can they have sex afterwards?

two and alexfilia like this.
  3. Food food

Reading List:
    Link
    Like in kiss and do deed.....
    ML has super power as in healing and physical fitness in place of limited life of 30 years or so
    They also have bigger sexual desire.. many people who sleep with them(special forces) dies and they are also addicting to researcher so ML cannot touch MC...poor ML
    Always protecting MC from shadow ....watching from far but when MC gets injured he kiss MC to heal him..and MC always about to get addicted before he stop kiss

morticia_addams, Ease, two and 4 others like this.
  4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    How did their first kiss happen?

5. Food food

Reading List:
    Link
    It happened in chapter 3 something

6. Haigi

Haigi Skimming Binge Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Fate decided to play a trick~~~ :LOL:

Well yeah it's in chapter 3. He was doing some work and decided to stand up but he wobbled. That's when his mask fell off and he accidentally brushed lips with ML who was just beside him.

He almost got his neck twisted off for that though. Hahaha~

morticia_addams, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  7. Haigi

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh..spoilers ne~ What do you girls want? I've read up to about halfway point at the moment. MC's quite OP and hunted down by terrorists so poor ML gotta put in so much effort to protect him with a 'cool face'. But everyone around them can see....:ROFLMAO:

Ease, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  8. ferrelrose

ferrelrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of interactions happen between the ML and MC.Does the ML protect the MC behind the scene or does he just outright do it:aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

9. Haigi

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd have to answer both, but more towards the outright part. It's quite cute that he does it outright but does not admit it (eg:Uncaring face)

He does stuff so that the MC is selected as their exclusive technical officer (even though MC is still a student at that time). Thus, the poor MC was dragged out for every mission with the squad after the first one.
    But then ML gives the MC the impression that if MC doesn't listen, he'll just leave him behind, which is far from the truth(ML just wants MC to be close so that he can protect him). He'd go over to 'carry' the MC by the waist personally when jumping off helicopters or sliding on cable lines. One of the squad members who previously carried the MC was wondering why does ML do it personally (since he's the head of the special ops squad).

Plus, he hijacks the network when MC fell asleep while connected to it, sending lots of 'smooching illusions' which made MC so confused that he's so desperate to even dare to think of kissing ML.

10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    How did ML fall in love?

11. Haigi

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a good question actually.

The first spark was that accidental kiss.
    As previously said, the virus in their bodies cause them to have a higher sex drive. However ML didn't have rumours of him sleeping around. Which probably meant he hasn't done it with anyone in a while. I guess it was a factor in making him notice the MC.

Then there's all those little illusions ML had been sending MC with his...pheromones? I should call it. It's when being in the vicinity of a normal person (with no virus), you can make sorta make them hallucinate or listen to you. I think the ML is sexually frustrated.

The final stroke I guess would be when the ML dives into the sub-consciousness of the MC when he accidentally trapped himself in there. He finds the MC's inner world beautiful, a world of a vast expanse of ocean as the sky and forest below, saying, 'If I were to die one day, I'd want to die here, in this world.'

At last, right before leaving that sub-conscious world (after finding the MC and telling him to wake up), the MC asked: "Why me? Tell me since I'll forget all of this when I wake up anyway," and the ML replies: "Because, I'm addicted to you."

Note: The virus in the bodies of the special ops can impart a feeling of pleasure (which is used mainly for healing the other party) when exchanging bodily fluids with a non-virus person. However it can be a strong drug and thus hook the other party without any feelings of love.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  12. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    This spoilers are so good. The story seems so interesting. I'm loving it ;)

13. Haigi

Reading List:
    Link
    I feeling so vague right now.

They finally did it on chapter 76 but it kinda felt...lacking. Maybe I was expecting something more intense from all that buildup of teasing kisses and fleeting tensions. But when it came down to the deed, I think those little interactions had much more detail/feel/quality than the actual thing.
    *reminds self not to build expectations too high anymore*(I mean!! Finally after all that teasing!!)

and then....the author pulled off something really annoying.
    Due to some tampered virus side effect, it made the MC almost amnesiac of the past 2 years spent together with ML. He has scrambled vague memories and can't seem to connect the pieces together. But basically he's like being reset to the behaviour of what he was when they first met.
    I. Am. Kinda. Pissed.
    How could the author do this..I mean, well yeah it's kinda heart-rending if you think about it.
    (But I believe he'd gain back his memories. Author might be just trololololoing us.)

But it will kinda suck if he doesn't sort out his memories back in order....I like his built up personality.

14. Mystic Wonders

Mystic Wonders Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even when he couldn't sort his memories properly, the attraction was still there. Iirc , the ML said something along the lines of "Even without your memories, you still belong to me" and the MC agreed in his head.

But I do agree that it was a little annoying, but just push through! You are near the end! It has a total of 100 chapters. 98 of the main story + 2 extras similar to an epilogue.

P.S. Found it funny that the ML frankly stated they were making love when someone almost interrupted their first(?) time.

15. OrganizationZero

OrganizationZero Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm halfway through reading the MTL, anyone know whether it has a happy ending? ^^

16. blaze27

blaze27 ~ Lazy Shadow Lurker ~ |_⊙)

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a happy ending...

OrganizationZero and kiara8 like this.
  17. OrganizationZero

OrganizationZero Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay, thanks~ ^^

18. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    So what actually happens in the end? Also ML can't be as long as with MC together, cuz of limited lifespan? Or was that fixed?

mereumsama likes this.
  19. Mystic Wonders

Mystic Wonders Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They end up together.
    MC successfully invents a virus that strengthens the body without limiting the lifespan. Iirc, he first gave it to himself(to see if it would work), then to the ML, then to their friends.

morticia_addams, Ease, XD and 6 others like this.
  20. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    summarizing key points in MTL as i go since it seems wasted to go through the whole thing and not leave spoilers for everyone.. please let me know if it's not ok and i'll remove it.

16) maya wants two promises
    - maya takes XY to bail and get transport, transport is wrecked (by zombies?), so they need to use the terminal room to request for help
    - they run into two killers, one of which is the guy who killed maya's instructor
    - maya makes XY promise two things, one; make sure to request for help & two; don't open the terminal room door unless it's somebody from their side

17) how's my hair?
    - XY kills a zombie!
    - then manages to report to base, support forces will arrive in an hour
    - rushes out to save maya and shoots people deaaad
    - turns out the gun that liv gave him was actually from the boss (is this ML protecting him already?)
    - maya was seriously wounded, scolds XY for breaking his promise and asks about his hair, XY says it's just as beautiful as ever

18)
    - they're rescued. nobody except for mark, liv, XY, ML and maya made it back
    - ML carries XY to the transport like luggage (can see this becomming a normal thing)
    - XY falls asleep since mission is over
    - maya is transferred out of the team, gets a promotion and given a base-job since he lost a couple limbs(???)
    - farewell party for maya, really touching scene where maya welcomes XY as both a friend & teammate

19)
    - XY drinks too much and is saved from faceplanting into the toilet by ML
    - poor XY freaks out internally because he had another 'hallucination' of ML pushing him up against the washroom wall and making out
    - apparently the guy that defected was lured away by the fake promise of 'eternal life'
    - XY gets in touch with old friend from charles and asks about saliva-induced 'hallucinations' (LOL poor guy)
    - !!!! the friend explains: so if someone with the X-gene is infront of you and you hallucinate, then the other person is having fantasies... the hormone overload causes it, if they're not in front of you, either it's your imagination or it's that the other person's entered your dreams
    ... and then it ends with him having another hallucination o.o

20)
    - XY freaks out because of ML potentially getting into his brain, but tells himself that ML would never do that
    - Lily (his original goddess) shows up and they go to the swimming pool to play ('play'? heh)
    - XY reaffirms his manliness by ogling lily's legs
    - ML gets jealous, crashes into XY into the pool and somehow sneaks in a kiss (like in ch3), then gets pulled out like a drowned rat
    - XY gets locked into the shower room by accident

21) the XY that's acting like he wants to die
    - he's so disturbed by ML slamming inside (and looking sexy and being scared of being too close) that he runs out naked (HAHAHA)
    - lily's friends make fun of XY for running out naked, and are glared half to death by ML
    - XY goes to a bar, gets a drink, is hit on by Sharon (another special forces goddess)
    - they overhear other people talking about another squadron of B students that got completely wiped out, then they change topics and slander Liv with gossip(? seems malicious)
    - ML shows up and beats them up for "being noisy" and then sees XY sitting next to Sharon and freezes him solid with a glance (oh, jealousy)

22)
    - ML dislocates XY's shoulder under the pretence of "next time i hear you slander my subordinates i will kill you" .. he says this to the other people he beat up too
    - but apparently he's also using it as a warning to 'stop seducing my people' ... aka Liv, Maya, Sharon
    - but he's totally misunderstood... poor XY
    - XY in the meantime thinks this is all revenge because of the first kiss (ch3) and wants to be a zombie in the next life (HAHA)
    - Liv rushes over, saves XY, XY now thinks that ML dislocated his shoulder because he(ML) wants to warn him to stay away from having sex with the special forces since it might actually kill him
    - Liv gets revenge of the gossipy people that spread false rumors, XY feels a tiny bit of pity
    - !!! Liv then tells XY that ML doesn't do things just to make other people feel good, or things that look good, he'll only do things that are meaningful/useful
    - XY and his classmates are to be sent to another base, Liv wishes him luck, says she believes he will be the best researcher, hopes, he can find a way to extend the lifespan of those with the X virus while she's still alive
    - XY jokes and asks if he'll be able to order ML around if he's the top researcher
    - Liv gives XY a little hermit crab as a parting gift

23)
    - ... and of course the crab is a gift from ML (ahhhh so cute)
    - ML watches XY's transport leave... has a convo with commander Raven basically admitting his feelings and saying he'll make XY strong so he won't lose him(??)
    - Lily on the transport talks to XY asking if he's scared, XY offers to make out so she'll forget her fear of having an accident happen, she turns him down because she thinks his way of thinking (that the world outside is still beautiful despite the dangers) is too weird
    - ... and without fail the transport runs into trouble, pilot gets 'hacked/blocked'
    - XY takes over and flies the plane!

24)
    - XY is also getting hacked/blocked
    - manages to evade the hacking (by mentally computing faster and faster in order to bypass the hacking)
    - gets in touch with the base they're trying to reach
    - the commander there is astonished by his computing speed, deems him a resource, but tells him he still has to make it over on his own because they can't help him even if they establish a link (???)
    - plane makes it to the base, they cut off all communication (i'm guessing this traps the hacker)
    - hacker's info is stuck inside XY's head, but in order to protect himself XY is also stuck in his own head and is unconscious

25)
    - XY's in his own head having a convo with his old friend, about coming back safely, about how he just wants to see the world
    - head of the current base is looking at XY's comatose body, but refuses to go into his head to save him
    - ML & his team arrive (reason unknown)... dun dun..

26)
    - apparently the commander of the current base Shen Bing & ML have history together, SB asks ML to go into XY's head to get him out
    - orders come down from above saying they must get into his head
    - Mark & Liv both plead with ML, ML suddenly agrees to do it
    - apparently XY's processing power is higher than SB
    - ML gets dropped into a calm ocean of XY's (sub)consciousness
    - ML finds XY and gets attacked, by the time he slaps the unconscious XY awake (in his own subconscious) they end up kinda cuddling in XY's brain...

27)
    - ML tries to explain to XY (in one sentence haha) how to get out
    - XY thinks to himself that ML and SB are the same type of people, their advice is usless (too concise)
    - ML figures out that XY has no clue, says he'll take him out but it requires absolute trust
    - ML holds his hand and leads XY (aww), tells him at the entrance of his consciousness that he should protect himself next time
    - .. and then kisses him!
    - XY asks him why, and then....
    “我对你上瘾了,肖岩。”
    "I'm addicted to you, Xiao Yan."
    - ML comes back to reality, tells SB he's ok, walks over and strokes XY's cheek and leaves the room
    - XY also wakes up, SB calls him a "stupid rookie"
    - ML is waiting outside for SB to come out, asks him if the "stupid rookie" is still alive, SB apologizes again for making ML go in, saying that other people's subconscious is a really dangerous place, ML responds saying that XY's isn't that bad, leaving SB speechless
    - ML makes SB even more shocked by saying that he would want to die in XY's subconscious
    “沈冰,如果有一天我会死,我想死在他的世界里。”
    "Bing Shen, if one day I die, I want to die in his world."

- .. and then their base gets attacked..