Spoiler Throne of Magical Arcana Question?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Lswarmruler, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I actually really enjoy reading this novel because of its strange magic concept and mc's attitude, despite i kinda hate anything related to complex politic...

And i have trouble following the plot of this novel since chapter 117... so, could anyone who have read and understood the plot, please give me summary of the event occured since chapter 117 till chapter 135 (end of first volume)... and please give me the motive why each characters do their actions.

Thank you very much....

2. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    That would require people going back and rereading those parts. Please take a moment to summarize what happened or talk about the parts that confused you.

3. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Have u read it or not?

4. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    Became a magician >> became op >> whooped some nightwatcher's ass >> turned pianist >> went into necromancers den >> travel as pianist >> amaze people with his magic.

5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was some stupid demon duke dude sealed under the city of Aalto and maybe something else sealed under a lake idk who remembers shit like that. Anyway, the Saint Cardinal or whatever knew all about it ahead of time and was ready when the seal broke. He also cooperated with some arcanist bitch who settled things by the lake at the same time. Arcanist bitch also veto'd the congress of magic's cooperation with the princess' uncle-whoever-the-fuck's rebellion.

There are lots of cool details like the arcanist bitch's relationship with the princess, the cardinal's interest in the Prophet who left all that shit for the MC, and the vampire dude's cooperation with the Cardinal, plus his sterling reputation that even sealed demon dude knew. We also learn that the princess wants female couples to have babies without male intervention, which is hot.

The ending of the first volume is essentially a lot of conspiracies coming to a head and hidden relationships being revealed. Although not to the MC - just to us. Poor MC doesn't know half of what happened.

What, in particular, do you not understand?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Ran ahzu, Seraphic and BloodAdept like this.
  6. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Westeller got most of the main points. If I have to add anything, Silvia and her father were arcanists (White Honey or whatever her pseudonym was, actually) cooperating with the Argent Horn and the princess' cousin, who wanted to seize power, so the princess killed Silvia's father offscreen and then had to kill her as Silvia couldn't forgive her for killing her father. The princess knew Silvia was an apprentice, but didn't say anything because of the aforementioned hope that they could make some babies with magic and because the princess' own mother was a magician of quite some repute, apparently, who gave up her place in the Congress for love.

7. guangybh

guangybh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main plot-line of Volume 1 contains two parts:

1. Lucien learns magic and disguise himself as a musician

2. Lucien borrows the power of Church and the Princess to fight with Argent Horn Cult

There are 3 sub plot-lines aside:

1. Relationship between Natasha and Silvia, which is perfectly explained by Seraphic

2. The rebellion of Natasha's cousin while a branch in the Magic Congress who holds hostility towards Natasha's ancestor, the Grand Arcanist Hathaway, cooperates with him

3. The Duke from hell is going to break the sealing with the help of Argent Horn, so the Church, the Vampire and the Congress join forces to prevent this from happening

Lucien only knows 1 and part of 2. He totally has no idea about 3, which is actually the main cause of everything he encounters in Volume 1.

8. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Hold up, that one is a bit off. The church deliberately allowed the cult to succeed in breaking the seal (although the seal breaking seemed to surprise the cult members at the lake, so there might be more to it than just 'the cult broke the seal.'). The saint cardinal wanted that demon released so he could interrogate him for information about the Prophet.

9. guangybh

guangybh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes you are right! They let the Duke come out so they can catch him.
    The reason why the cult members are surprised is that the one they worship, the Great Master of Argent, is actually a made up name of the Duke. They themselves don't know who they are worship at all. That's why they find it surprising when the seal's broken.

10. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that all, though? I mean the duke definitely lied to them, but there was more to it. Like, uhh, when the lock began to break, they seemed surprised it was breaking at all. As if it wasn't their intention, or that wasn't the way they planned to break it.In that case, how did it break? Was it something Lucien did? Was it the cultists? Was it just meant to break at that time? Did the Cardinal play a hand in it breaking? It's super unclear. At least, I don't really understand it.

And then there was the "god" they tried to summon. I don't know if that was the Duke and they were trying to call him over or if they were trying to call on some other being..? At least, they seemed to know what was sealed under the lake, because they said that if they couldn't summon their "god," then everyone was going to be killed by it.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.