LCD Throne of Magical Arcana

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering the same thing, it would in line with his character I think

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "so you haven't been put on the Cleansing List." I thought he was put on the list after he won the prize? Did they change their minds for some reason and I've just forgotten?

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I half expected him to just go along with it, pretend to be mind controlled, spin them a story, and then be "rescued" by his new butler sounding the alarm. Of course, with how prejudiced they were against him, there's a good chance that he'd have been killed no matter what he said.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like he's planning to go full drama queen ;)

I wonder how big the legend of his last days will become, and which song he chose to be his last masterpiece.

5. mr.tanen

mr.tanen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at the moment he has 2 identities (if we disregard "the professor", otherwise it's 3)...it's lucien evans x as the winner of the holm prize who's on the list, and it's lucien evans the musician who isn't (for now that is)
    "i fear i am writing a requiem for myself" -mozart
    since the drama he's playing reminds me a lot of mozart's last moments i thought for sure he'd be doing mozart's requiem but nope

also, am i the only one who likes listening to the music pieces mentioned while reading the chapter they appear in?

jacobpaige likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I didn't realize it was his specific identity that was being referred to rather than him personally.

Maybe the author thought Mozart's requiem would be a bit too on the nose ;)

I consider it sometimes, but I'm bad at multi-tasking so I wind up listening to the music, completely ignoring it, or failing to listen or read properly.

mr.tanen likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if this will inspire them to build an outdoor venue. It's much more difficult to do properly, but it would allow people who hadn't bought tickets to still hear the music to some extent, which would allow the vendors in the area to make quite a bit of money, which the venue could then charge them for.

Also curious what the guy who "killed" him will think when he hears the news, and if his superiors will try to punish him for it.

8. mr.tanen

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL pls tell me you timed your comment

as for his "killer", that clown dude, i don't think he believes he mortally wounded lucien...after all there was no poison involved in the fight, was there?
    also, i don't think it will help lucien's objective of keeping his identities apart in the church's eyes if one of them is "killed" by the mage hunters (night watch?), so i don't understand why he chose to start feigning his injury/illness right after he was attacked by them

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    timed?

O, I know Clown will know that he didn't actually kill Lucien. It just makes me more curious as to how he'll react.

I don't think Lucien expects the church to remain in the dark about who he is for much longer, so this is more a matter of protecting his legacy as a musician than anything else. The church will play along with it too since they've praised him so highly in the past and would like to avoid the embarrassment of being wrong.

10. mr.tanen

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry it was a bad joke and if i explain it, it becomes even worse :facepalm:

as for the church thing, it's being stated as a fact that it would be found out, but from what i understood he wanted that to happen as late as possible and that's why he's playing out this drama
    there's also the bit of flashfoward we got from the castrato singer, who years later seemed to still be ignorant about his non-death and his magical alter ego...so, about you said last, i agree that it's a very possible scenario, but i don't think that's what he was aiming for...at least i don't recall him saying it like that

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, from his first conversation with the princess after he returned, I got the impression that he was planning for the church to find out what he was shortly after he left Alto. After all, part of the plan was letting anyone in his family that didn't want to go with him report him to the church in order to protect themselves.

12. mr.tanen

Reading List:
    Link
    oh you're right...completely forgot about that :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    oh well, then i'm not sure what his game is anymore

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Flight of the Bumblebee seems like a truly odd choice. It's a piece that only really shines when played with stringed instruments. Yes, it displays technical skill on any instrument, but it's completely inferior when done on the wrong kind of instrument as it really doesn't evoke the image of bumblebees unless someone tells you that it should.

14. mr.tanen

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm no music connoisseur myself, but this video truly makes me evoke a bunch of bugs flying around me so much so i almost grind my teeth every time i hear it (then again i f*cking hate buzzing bugs, mosquitoes in particular)

also, i thought it served its purpose very well, since what he wanted was to show them different ways the music and techniques could evolve, before he exits the music stage...kind of like a legacy and a guide

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You should try listening to it on stringed instruments. It'll creep you out way more ;)

True, but there are so many songs, in so many styles that would have been better. If he just really wanted to introduce this song specifically, then he could have done so with a string quartet or something. I'm sure that any such group in the city would have begged him to be allowed to perform the piece during his concert, or he could have just asked the strings section to handle it.

mr.tanen likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder when he's planning to collapse. At the end of the performance in front of everyone? In his dressing room with only Natasha as witness? At his home while celebrating the performance with his family?

17. jirka642

jirka642 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that was definitely the most dramatic option, but I wonder what he plans to do if one of the cardinals decides to come down and try to help?

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C297: I really thought he was supposed to have "died" just then. Is he planning to fake another visit from Clown or something? Maybe pretend to die from a magical illness that the cardinal failed to notice?

Her dad's conflicted emotions about the reversed gender roles in Natasha and Lucien's supposed relationship was hilarious ;)

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like he's planning to have Clown kill him, but I'm not sure what advantage that brings. I mean, I could understand it if he was going to frame Clown for murdering the innocent man Lucien Evans, but having him vindicated by killing the infamous Professor doesn't really seem helpful at all.