LCD Throne of Magical Arcana

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Apr 12, 2017.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I was expecting him to die as Lucien with witnesses at this deathbed, then wait a week or so before doing his Professor activities.

Halmista likes this.
  2. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be suspicious though. At least with this, the professor will be separated from Lucien.

3. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    How would the scenario where Lucien dying with witnesses be suspicious?

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's nice that he found a way out for Philosopher in his plan to frame Clown.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering how he was going to prove that the Professor wasn't there when 'Lucien' died.

Now I'm wondering if he's considered that doing things this way might not lead to copy cat killers. It's one of the many reasons why calling cards are a bad idea.

6. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    After all this time, I'm still not clear about (Natasha's body guard) Camil's stance with Lucien and his personas. She seems OK with Natasha's relation with with Lucien the musician. I think she's aware of Lucien the sorcerer. However, I don't recall if she knows Lucien is the Professor. In the big fight arranged by the Professor between Night Watchers and the sorcerer group, Camil got rather beat up. I vaguely remember that she held a grudge against the Professor about that, but it wasn't mentioned much again.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever someone's doing a dramatic speech before gasping their last breath, I'm left contemplating how awkward it would be if they didn't die on queue.

jirka642 likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This part really reminds me of John Lennon.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how the people of Alto would react if word got out that Lucien was murdered by a rogue member of the Inquisition, especially if it also got out that said rouge member was only able to murder him because the Inquisition was shielding him from being executed for his first attempt on Lucien's life.

I'm mildly surprised that it was the competition and not the statues that bothered him. I would think that the veneration of musicians would bother them more.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, at least this MC will have a good excuse for being an eternal virgin: being in love with a lesbian.

Actually, that makes me wonder, once her father finds out that he's alive and a sorcerer (I assume he'll find out anyway), I wonder if he'll still try to get the two of them to marry...

I wonder if the MC will leave using the other realm, or some other method. Also wondering why his cheat was sealed. As I recall, it wouldn't have really helped him at all, and allowing it to be sealed makes it harder to understand why none of the extremely powerful mages he's encountered have noticed it.

Lokumi likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Adam has survived this long by making friends with people and then selling them out when they come up with escape plans.

That aside, these new arrivals don't really strike me as being dependable. Hopefully, whatever he's got planned for them won't be too critical.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Since it's pointless to escape without killing the witch, I wonder how he's planning to kill her. Even if he still had his magic items, they're not really powerful enough to go against her, and I doubt she's left herself unprotected, regardless of whatever she's doing.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's one way to remove a shackle. I don't think it'd really work for the collar though...

More seriously, I wonder if he can use his blessing to remove his own collar or if he'll need to rely on the far less competent Carina.

I'm also wondering why they're only talking about destroying the tower's core and not about killing the witch. Are the two the same thing for some reason? If not, then destroying the core will just shorten their lifespans, and not killing her will make their escapes completely pointless regardless.

14. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Since he lost his shackle he should be able to use part of his power no ? A mage is generally more powerful with a mage tower , and since she already is more powerful than them having her lost one of a more powerful weapon is good idea. Also the core might be connected to the witch, so destrroying it may do damage to her ?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless destroying it kills her, it won't really matter. Even wounded, she'll still be much stronger than him and that grand knight combined. If they can manage to find their magic items, and the items are still in working order, and she's somehow managed to not create or acquire any defensive magical items of her own, then her simply being damaged might allow them to barely kill her. Otherwise, I'm not seeing much hope. Destroying her tower would just piss her off if they don't also kill her while they're at it, and it's basically impossible that she wouldn't be able to hunt them down so long as they don't also escape the territory.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why didn't he try to reattach his arm? Or even try to preserve his arm so it could be reattached later? Just hanging it from his belt would not only cause him to slip on his own blood, but would also allow the arm to rot completely long before he made it back to the Congress something like half a year later.

What would be the point in following those two books to create your defenses if they're so well known that even a sorcerer of a much lower rank would feel confident of being able to overcome them in a relatively short time?

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "However, he felt Lucien's great determination from the mind bond, and that gave him great courage as well." Why is it that no one is capable of anything without the MC's help in these series? It doesn't make the MC a badass. It just makes all the other characters worthless and boring.

If she was going to follow up her spell with a magic item, then why would she need to wait through the buffer time inbetween the two attacks? Doesn't it only apply to casting?

"However, the old witch chose to turn her left eyeball into a beholder, as ancient sorcerers were very good at it! Thus, they did not have to wait for the bothering casting buffering time anymore." Good at what? And why does being good at whatever it is remove the cooldown timer?

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I notice that he didn't try to access his library. How does he know that he's not still hallucinating or whatever?

That aside, I've completely lost interest in this arc at this point. The "it was all a dream" thing pretty much always does that for me. What's even the point in getting invested in the story if the author's just going to be like, "Haha, you fools! You actually thought that any of that was real, or that any of it mattered in any way whatsoever?!" and so on.

19. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    It was all a dream, then you wake up to the nightmare of a test you didn't study for!

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Lucien at least should make sure that his fundamental knowledge in all fields was solid." I hope he's not planning to "specialize" in everything. Characters are so much more interesting and believable when they can't do everything.