LCD Throne of Magical Arcana

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Sleepy Deer

Sleepy Deer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the Holm Crown Prize is like the Nobel prize in that it is awarded once every year for the greatest achievement. This is also potentially the biggest achievement in recent element research, so it would be hard not to give him the award. He might finally have the backing in order to establish himself without fear of suppression.
    It was also pretty funny that Lucien acknowledged that he might be able to kill someone by lecturing them. If the magical world is anything like the real world, then the answer alone to if magic is a particle or wave would probably cause genocide.
    I still wonder what the next major step forward in magic Lucien will make. I still think the discovery of the electron would be a major one if he wants to stick to element and the speed of light being constant in inertial reference frames would be a good one if he goes into anything else.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I'm sure he'll get the prize, I'm just not sure if it'll be for the table, or for something else that he comes up with between now and when the prize is handed out.

Honestly, as long as the information was leaked slowly over the course of several papers, I think people could handle the shift. The problem is forcing a major shift in their worldviews all at once. Or so I understood it.

Electrons are definitely what he was hinting at, but I still don't think he has the power to really do much in that field until he's brought his sorcerer level up. Honestly, fixing his personal power might be his next major project. After that, I think he might start exploring the elements contained in souls and whether the soul is itself made up of elements, or simply bonded to them. If the latter, then how does that affect the various properties of the bonded elements? He's already said he's interested in this stuff after all, and if he could actually answer such questions, then he'd shake the world again and possibly reshape the study of both Necromancy and Elements for centuries to come. Not to mention the affect that such research would have on life extension techniques, alchemical lifeforms, wards, and various other fields.

3. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey ya folks, I left this story behind when there was a transition period (or something like that, I don't really remember, just that I sort of had to stack the chapters up, or something).

I just wanna ask (because I'm considering to read this, so, yes, I did read a bit of the stuffs, including what @jacobpaige wrote, so I just wanna ask a question, since there seems to be an allusion of some sort that the storywriting goes downhill or something like that (or maybe its just my imagination, as how the Stephen Chow film antagonists would always say, LOL). I mean, the story was sort of "believable", in the beginning chapters, so has it maintained that sort of vibe, or went the "break all limit" xianxia ish?

Would appreciate answers. Thanks.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's still trying to stick to the believable end of the spectrum of magic. There's some fairly crazy stuff that the people at the absolute top of the magical world can do, but the MC is very far from that level, and likely to stay that way for some time to come.

Spiritsong likes this.
  5. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Many thanks. I'll continue reading where I read off. If its okay I'll validate. But I DO trust your judgement, because I do respect the work (such as simplifying / summarizing the chapters into few liners) you've invested and you've always been spot on.

edit: correction of 'of' to 'off'.

6. Sleepy Deer

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel has remained very grounded with its magic and its magical strength. It also appears to not go indescribably strong until the very latter levels. For example, Lucien is currently level 2 and level 3 is the level mentioned for destroying a building like the decrepit mansion that he broke through resonance. Level 4 was also the comparable realm of an explosion he made and hide in a briefcase and that explosion didn't even damage that much of the room it was in. Even the level 5 knight fight that has been shown just looks like strong people instead of people who can destroy small mountains. This is probably going to change as the levels go up, but I have high confidence that it will take a while to get their and even then it won't be nearly as bad as even early level Xianxia.

Spiritsong likes this.
  7. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Many thanks for taking your time to say your thoughts. I am very grateful.

8. SightlierGravy

SightlierGravy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Holm Crown Prize is given for great discoveries in the field of Elements. I believe Natasha said only 20 or so awards were given in a century. With how Lucien has just made one of the most important contributions to the Elements field, he is definitely gonna win it.

9. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it bother anyone else that Natasha keeps saying to Evans : "I trust you". He's going to play a piano, N : I trust you..... wtf
    and it's supposed to be I believe in you at least..

10. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That definitely sounded like Garvin was going to be fired. He stepped way over his boundaries, and is far too small of a fry to be able to escape the owner’s anger.

I wonder if Douglas will apologize for repressing him, and if he’ll get offered a teaching gig someplace even more prestigious, like say, Holm Royal Magic Academy (assuming that they have classes for low level arcanists).

It’s a somewhat reasonable argument against giving him the prize, but Lucien’s contribution to the field of Elements is far too great for an argument like that to really stop him getting the prize. Honestly, if anyone else got it, it would not only damage the prize’s reputation, but also the recipient’s if they didn’t reject it. Well, unless they’d done something that was at least on par with Lucien, which doesn’t seem terribly likely.
    I think it's worth noting that every level of sorcerer is actually getting more dangerous/powerful by the day if you pay attention to the way they're describing their advancements in various spells. I don't think this will be that pronounced at low levels, but it'll be a different story at mid levels and above. Considering that he's the MC, and we already have precedent for it within this story, he'll likely become more dangerous even faster. Though I am curious to see how much of it will be purely his own creation vs spells that he altered/created based on the findings/creations of others.

12. Sleepy Deer

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a pretty gutsy move to quote a famous phrase used by Newton to describe your own work. Since he is acting as the Mendeleev of this world, he should have used this quote, "No law of nature, however general, has been established all at once; its recognition has always been preceded by many presentiments."-Mendeleev. I feel like the two quotes have a pretty similar meaning. Although, I must admit the former does have more of a giving due credit to others aspect to it.

13. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    just asking, why do you use spoiler tag when its LCD(latest chapter discussion)?

14. Sleepy Deer

Reading List:
    Link
    Because that chapter is still behind a Qidian Adwall and some people might not want to have that spoiled for them, but still want to partake in the discussion.

jacobpaige likes this.
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Plagiarizing Newton to accept the award just feels insincere somehow.

I wonder if his age will ever be officially corrected.

Also wondering if someone actually will manage to force him to take a dangerous assignment based on his new arcana level.

16. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    why did the released slowed down?

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how advanced agriculture is in that society. It’s quite possible that some simple inventions from around the start of the industrial revolution could solve their problems. Of course, while such a thing would make him popular with the Druids (provided it didn’t pollute the environment), it would probably upset his superiors who would no longer have an excuse to study druidic magic ;)

Also wondering why golems weren't a viable solution. I assume they wouldn't need to be full-blown alchemical lifeforms in order to do singular, simple tasks like tilling the ground. Was it an energy issue maybe? Or perhaps they're simply too expensive even for the "cheap" ones?

Lol, I kinda want to see his students’ reactions to him getting a large stack of homework from Raventi ;)

18. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad lucien didn't take nymph

SightlierGravy likes this.
  19. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Mr.....Urine.......
    Aight.