Discussion in 'Community Games' started by TiggerBane, Jul 24, 2021.
The neutral, can you explain it?
So basically the neutral is based around trying to get others to bet and collect their losses. Then these losses it's going to put into a special place which if it fills it will automatically end the game and win by itself.
The shop, is it same for all of us?
Yep same for everyone.
When i first read the rules (i.e when i hadnt read the roles and mechanics yet) I thouhgt this might have been because of cream's gambling plan last time
*sees (possible) multiple lives, betting mechanic, (very possible) long game duration and math*
Oh shi —
Not for me, i'll safely wait to buy the extra life
So the neutral can't purchase stuff with cached credits, and they can choose how many uncached credits they want to convert to cached credits every night?
That's very unlikely. As an Imperial Soldier (VT), you'd need to wait 15~20 Day Phases before you reach 30 credits without betting.
As Bounty Hunter (Cop), you'd reach at most 22~27 credits from killing all four Rebels (Mafia) without killing BSG (Neutral).
As Medic (Doctor), you'd reach 25~30 credits after Night 5 (i.e. Day 6). By that time, you'd more likely die twice than reach buy the extra life if everyone else abstains from betting.
As Rebels (Mafia), in the worst case scenario where the game got dragged for the longest time, the final Rebel would have 19~24 credits after witnessing the deaths of 9 Imperials (Town), if they don't gamble.
The best bet you would gave to gain 30 credits would be as the Stormtroopers (Masons), since you'd reach 26~31 credits at Day 5.
EDIT: Never mind, the sharing rules screwed the balance over. Rebels (Mafia) can just transfer all their wealth to one of them, and let that Rebel get the extra life. Sure, the rest of them would be more miserable, but that doesn't really matter as long as your faction wins.
Things get even more screwed over for the Rebels though, because there is a pair called Stormtroopers that effectively share their credits, enabling them to purchase that extra life for one of them at SOD2.
By the way, what happens if BSG lost a bet? Wouldn't it just return to them?
When will it be more, and by how much?
How is it determined?
@TiggerBane, can BSG win with town or mafia? Does he leave the game after reaching 200 cached credits, or will he win alone?
Also, are the credit transfers public during day phase or private?
Public, he wins alone so the price needs to be high enough to encourage betting but low enough that it’s still plausible even with people knowing this.
I’ll determine it at the start of every betting period.
I’ll go fix that then. Got to exclude their bets.
Phew, okay. Not all hope is lost.
...just a majority of it.
Hm... Yeah, sounds about right.
In other words, the start of every phase?
Nah the mafia/town will have the same modifier.
...? Town can only gamble at day about night kills; Mafia can only gamble at night phase about day lynches; Neutral can do both. So when exactly are the betting periods?
Town bets at night about night kills. Mafia bets in the first 24 hours of the day phase.
Rather than just send it to @Zone Q11, here is my twist on coming closer towards balancing this setup:
6x VT (15c, gains 1c each Day)
1x Red-Check-Burnout* Cop (10c, gains 3c whenever Mafia dies)
1x Doc (12c, gains 2c each Night + 2c if they correctly protected their target)
2x Mason (10c, gains 1c each Day for each of them alive.)
1x Mafia Roleblocker (13c, gains 1c each Day + 1c whenever Town is eliminated)
1x Mafia 2-Shot Strongman (13c, gains 3c whenever Town is eliminated)
2x Mafia Goon (17c, gains 2c each Day + 1c whenever Town dies)
1x Survivor (17c, gains 1c each Day)
*Red-Check-Burnout means that if the Cop receives a non-town alignment result, they lose their Cop ability.
- Mafia Factional Chat and Mason chat are 24/7.
- Mafia Factional Nightkill is optional.
- Majority and Plurality Eliminations apply.
- The first person to reach plurality is eliminated on a tie.
- Players have Last Wills they may edit at any time, in which they may direct their money to go to other players.
- Credits: Credits can be publicly traded amongst anyone during the Day and privately within chats at any time.
- Bets: Town may privately bet during the Night phase to predict who will die during that Night. Mafia may privately bet during the first 36 hours of the Day phase to predict who will die during that Day. Neutral can do either. Should any player(s) correctly predict a death, they will each receive twice what they bet.
Correct predictions from Town player(s) will, between them, gain 50% of the total value of all incorrect predictions about that phase, rounded up.
Correct predictions from Mafia player(s) will, between them, gain 75% of total value of all incorrect predictions about that phase, rounded up.
The Neutral gains 100% of the total value of all incorrect predictions each phase regardless of whether their own bets are correct or not.
- Shop: You may pay credits privately at Night to buy items from the store.
A 1S-Deathproof costs 75 credits.
An Extra Elimination or Extra Nightkill for the next Cycle costs 200 credits and may be a shared purchase by up to 4 players.
- Town Win Condition: Ensure the death of all Mafia members with at least 1 town is still alive.
- Mafia Win Condition: Ensure the death of all Town members or ensure that nothing can prevent that from happening.
- Neutral Win Condition: Reach 200 Credits. When you do, you will achieve your win condition and leave the game.
Separate names with a comma.