Recommendations Timeloop/Groundhog Day style stories?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Osamaru, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know of any decent Timeloop/Groundhog Day style stories?
    Mother of Learning got me liking the idea. I tired reading The Perfect Run, but the MC is a little TOO Chaotic-Crazy for my liking (at least at the start, I don't know if he gets better or not, later).
    I just finished Reroll, and it got me back into looking for others.

I'm sure there are others on the "example" list that I've already checked out, but am simply forgetting about, so just give what you can and I'll update the list as i go.

Preferably, I want something where the MC DOESN'T turn into just a total Douche or just goes flat out crazy.

Examples:
    Mother of Learning
    Reroll
    The Perfect Run
    Re:zero

NOTES:
    1): Decent Length (100+chapters or 2-3 Volumes, depending on chapter length), and/OR being actively translated (Has been updated in the last 1 - 2 months). I.E. I don't want something with 10-15 chapters that's not been updated since August 2016, but something with 5-10 chapters that's been update Mid Nov/Dec (or even the start) is perfectly fine.
    2): No Hentai/Smut. Adult themes/Scenes are fine, but no blatant smut (I.E. a bedroom scene just for the sake of smut).
    3): Harem tag is fine, but No Polygamy.
    4)
    : No BL/GL.

SquadCammander354 and Lurking like this.
  2. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    dont know, am interested

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Sss-rank suicide hunter - though it's more about the mc being able to go back in time when he dies

5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're cool with fanfiction... https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3929411/1/Chunin-Exam-Day

I've never actually read this, but from what I recall hearing about it, it's exactly what you want. It's also rated T, so shouldn't have anything explicit in it. ... It's also unfinished, and never will be, but you can treat it like an "active" translation and just pretend you're waiting for the next chapter when you get to the end of it. FFS it's not like most of what you read here will ever be finished, anyway. And it's certainly long enough - 350,000 words is several paperbacks.

Tell me if it's awful so I never recommend it to anyone else. ... Though, a lot of people seem to like it.

judeiiro and Lurking like this.
  6. porkbuns

porkbuns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/37951/re-monarch (MC loops back in time after dying)
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/33020/blessed-time (MC has the ability to go back in time 5 years, once every 5 years)
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/31514/the-menocht-loop/chapter/510103/41-into-the-black (timeloop only lasts from chapter 1 - 41)
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5193644/1/Time-Braid (Naruto timeloop featuring Sakura as MC; rated M on fanfic, but i'm pretty sure there's no blatant smut scenes)

Westeller likes this.
  7. caerulex

caerulex Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a note that the link above for The Menocht Loop takes you to chapter 41, which is the end of book 1; make sure you don't start reading there lol.

I can personally recommend RE Monarch and Blessed Time; I'm just about current with both of them. Monarch is fairly grimdark, while BT has some lighter moments. Both have good action scenes and unique twists. I'm the author of Menocht so I obviously like my own work hah. I also loved Mother of Learning and Menocht is a story that tries to put emphasis on what happens after the loop, versus the entire story taking place within one. What happens when Zorian and Zack reenter society? I wanted to read that kind of story.

Here are the synopses from RR:

RE Monarch:
    Cairn is a prince who is already tired of ruling. Faced with an imminent coronation and an overbearing father, he wants nothing more than to drown his responsibilities in cheap liquor and poor decisions. With the help of his sister, he hatches a plan to escape the clutches of the throne once and for all. It all goes terribly wrong, and Cairn finds his priorities shifting in the face of unimaginable tragedy. The change of heart comes too late, however, and Cairn dies. He reawakens to find himself transported ten years in the past. He immediately begins to plan for the future, only to discover his killer has somehow followed him. To succeed, Cairn must unite the kingdom and discover the motivation of his killer, using as many tries as it takes.

Blessed Time:
    Some disasters can only be avoided if you know they’re coming, and even then, sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.
    On Karell, you are either blessed by the gods, granted a unique power and the ability to gain experience and levels, or you are forgotten. Micah Silver was a boy picked for greatness. Chosen by the gods to bear a mythic power, he longed to take his place amongst the heroes and legends he grew up reading about.
    Unfortunately his primary blessing only allows him to travel into the past by sacrificing his class, wealth, and levels. Even if Micah's unwilling, fate has a way of forcing you to take up your destiny, possibly at the cost of everything. Over and over again.

The Menocht Loop:
    Ian Dunai entered a time loop filled with contagion and captives over three years ago. It turned him into a master of decemancy with domain over dead matter, but he still hasn't found a way to escape.
    Little does he know, he's just been stuck on layer one.

Good luck in your search for good time loop stories! :)

Lurking likes this.
  8. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
  9. jakala

jakala Member

Reading List:
    Link