Question Tips for the best machine translation site?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by tjalling, May 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjalling

tjalling Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the moment I'm really into Martial Peak, and even though it is translated quite quickly (3 chapters per day), it always ends with a cliffhanger where you want to continue reading. :blobfearful:
    At that point I either get a existential crisis and I quickly have to find other things to do or novels to read, or go to the darkside and read machine translated chapters.

Whenever I try to read chapters machine translation like on lnmtl.com I feel like having to sacrifice my braincells in return for understanding roughly what happens in the plot, but often much of the translation doesn't make any sense. Where or how do you guys read machine translations, and does it also hurt your brain?

I tried a couple other websites for translating the chinese raws to english, and compared them to the (human) translation: google translate, bing translate, and some others, but found that actually Baidu seemed to work best, but haven't tried much others. Any tips for websites that work well?

2. NPC-45

NPC-45 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use google translator and it worked fine for me for years, and I use the Uukanshu website to read them.

tjalling likes this.
  3. tjalling

tjalling Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thanks, I didn't know Uukanshu. Is that a website where you can find all the raws?

I also found comrademao.com which looks quite good, and this nuf thread from a couple weeks ago where they claim to have a state-of-the-art machine translator for novels. However their website seems to be down / super slow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.