Question Tired of reading novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ruyue, Jul 10, 2020.

?

Have you ever become tired of reading novels?

1. I have

2. I haven't

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the past 9 months, I've lost all urge to read novels and I'm depressed about it. I know there are so many novels I want to read, but i've lost all urge to actually start and continue reading something. So instead of reading novels, I've started to watch a lot more anime again.

Have you ever experienced this before? Were you able to get over it eventually?

{You may refer to the poll if you don't want to type a response}

2. NightShayde

NightShayde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I go through cycles where I read novels excessively, then anime, then manga/manhwa, then video games, then novels. In no particular order, but I switch it up. One big issue is I don’t like waiting 3 days for a super short 3 - 5 page “chapter” to publish, so I skip out after a while and let the chapters stack. But I do come back to reading again.

3. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say that you'll get over it but I got burned out of video games 4 years ago and still haven't recovered. I just can't feel the excitement I used to have for them anymore.

Hegao, hejikkk, Muspon and 5 others like this.
  4. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah. Most definitely. It's a vicious cycle.

I've burned out on games, anime, manga, novels, and tv shows. Just gotta learn how to cycle through them. Do something else for a change. :cookie:

@brigs11 It's probably because most games nowadays is HOT GARBAGE! Everyone is churning out the same shit hoping to replicate the successes of the giants that came before them. :blobsad:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  5. silvananoir

silvananoir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I'm back to it now but I cycle through. There are times when I can go several months before I come back to reading novels. It's good to take a bit of a break every now and then.

6. ArashiKitsune

ArashiKitsune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mines also like a cycle although I never really stop it just usually massively reduced from my peak

7. Reak

Reak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here

8. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. If anything it's the quality of the novels I'm reading that get frustrating.
    On a side note, try audiobooks. If you have the money for it, you can even pay Morgan Freeman to read it for you...

9. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Cycle ur entertainment,I change up YouTube videos,mornie sows,anime/manga, games,studies,etc

NightShayde likes this.
  10. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. I chage the genre and origin. Like one month i focus in chinese other Korean, Japanese, traditional novel etc.
    Anime and manga and games are more of a hobby to me. There was a time that i faithfully tried to keep up with all(manga anime novel and game) but life doesn't allow it so i chose to focus in novel.

Muspon and NightShayde like this.
  11. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you’re a binge reader like me it happens a lot, I binge through novels anime manga etctetc. So I get sick of them for a while beforehand gettin back.

A couple of years a ago I started getting sick of anime which I had been constantly binging for years, moved into novels, and it took me a couple of years before I went back to anime again. Just make sure you have something to fill in the gap, something that takes the place of your interest if not you’ll just end up bored and depressed which is not good for your mental health.

12. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the good novels update slowly, and the ones that update frequently aren't the ones I really want to read.

There are some exceptions, but that's usually how of goes.

SilverFeather and NightShayde like this.
  13. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah when I'm stacking chapters, my passion wasn't the same like what it used to be

Fulminata and NightShayde like this.
  14. LK

LK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes but it usually gos away after a day or i try a difrent genre or read manga for a bit

15. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get tired I just have harder and harder time uncovering treasure as you read more novels the good ones tend to be the ones you have already read. as time goes by uncovering good novels becomes harder.

Muspon, SilverFeather and Fulminata like this.
  16. Ricelord

Ricelord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Burned out of anime for a couple years now. The last I seriously watched anime was like 4-5 years ago. I've since tried to get back to anime, but something about anime just irks me to no end now. I couldn't stick around to watch Shield Bro or Arifureta even though I've read most of the novels of both of them (though it's been a few years). Something about the pacing and outgrowing the anime style plus terrible content. In general, Japanese medium has been too cliche, too cringe, too shallow and devoid of substance for me to go back.

EurikaYamato03, Solracmar and brigs11 like this.
  17. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's natural to feel burned out from excess reading. I got over the burn out eventually by finding a new novel that's interesting. :blobpopcorn:

18. heavenlytribulation

heavenlytribulation [One Feared by All]

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now even if I find a new novel that seems good to read I stop reading it a few chapters in because I suddenly lose interest the same happens with anime so I also have the same issue but worse

19. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a cycle for me though. I read some of my completed bookmarks, then whenever i'm done and feel like not reading more, just find other things to do. Then whenever i feel like reading and passing up the time, i find another one to read. The cycle goes on!

Solracmar likes this.
  20. Royalkkk

Royalkkk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have and I think that its because of reading too much. I usually interpret that tiredness as a slow down sign and then do things that I neglected, especially the important things that I chose to procastinate because I’ve been too focused on binge reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.