Feature Request TL Language implement and filter

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by jalog100, Feb 11, 2018.

1. jalog100

jalog100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a lot of people that don't speak and don't even understand english, and there is a lot of non native english speaker tl that don't / or just tl to their mother language that "market" is actually neglected.
    What i actually recommend is create a database were the non english tl submit their work and in the same line filter setting to show just these you understand, a moderator can volunteer to translate the interface when the mods what to create a new version of the site.
    This simple but great change can make the popularity of the site grow

2. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Summon Tony and moderators

3. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doing what you're talking about would be difficult from many perspectives. First, Tony would probably need to change the backend and part of the frontend to support localization of everything. Then, all the genres, tags, and their descriptions would need to be translated. Then, you'd need to have at least one mod for each supported language to ensure there's nothing wrong with the comments or tags being used on those novels.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say @Tony will likely never implement such a system.

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    perhaps someday
    I mean it's hard to get dedicated mod like Baka-Tsuki supervisor~
    still it's better for any language beside english make their own community for their own translated novel~
    on basic level~ twitter/fb/whatever social media group~

5. jalog100

jalog100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it may be, i really would like to find the translation of some of the novels i like but has been neglected in English, i speak Spanish and understand french and Portuguese and i saw before some times manga and novels translated into these languages and not in english but totally ignored them because I don't have the yime and patience to visit dozen of sites to check updates.
    I know my idea isn't easy to implement, something like a wiki a rs but in the end will end in a dump to finally get neglected because the absence of a backbone and the decentralization, not everyone talk the 25 main languages

6. noisypixy

noisypixy Sacatunn que pen, que summum que tun.

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a solved problem since almost 20 years ago. It's called RSS.

AliceShiki likes this.