Discussion TLOU 2 bombing *spoiler alert*

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Concernedcitizen, Jun 21, 2020.

?

Lets have our own rating

1. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

5.9%
  4. 2

23.5%
  5. 1

70.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since its release, it received very bad reviews. Some articles says that most of the reviewers haven't even played it and rated it poorly because of Ellie's... you know... coz i dont know. I havent played the first one too.

What do you guys think of the reviews? Does the game deserve it?
    Which aspect of the game failed to deliver?

No need for spoiler tags, feel free to share.

For anyone who doesn't want spoilers, please stay away from this thread. It will surely have spoilers to share.

Change of pace for anyone who is tired of American civil wars and covid news.

2. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    trust the user base. I actually saw some of the gameplay and as i didn't play the game nor the first one....

The gameplay is truly meh but the graphics ain't gonna lie. Its beautiful as sht.

the story however....*Starts Vommiting*

not heading into the spoiler zone, i kinda feel like the game is telling me the most retarded story i have ever heard and its basically what a 9 year old would write....a mentally handicapped 9 year old.

Why the fck is it even released when the first one is like the perfect game? i mean, i didn't play the game and only seen the walthroughs but as a writer, that person insults every writers all around the world.

JinVodka, Devon, TamaSaga and 2 others like this.
  3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Bias

Bias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The game is like :

Dev - People will buy this game because of TLOU , so don't worry about butchering the story and first mc. Anyone giving bad review is just against us.

Muspon, Sabruness, Devon and 2 others like this.
  5. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mm, basically the game sacrificed the story just to tell the player that they should feel bad. The preaching kind of feel bad, not the sad story kind.

6. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This has gotta be a fucking joke.
    First, the gameplay is still somewhat the same as TLOU. You've got more open spaces to explore. The new dodge mechanic is actually pretty broken.
    Then you have the Accessibility shit. This made this game so meme; you can pratically turn a game all about Surviving an Apocalypse; into a Game Journalist Mode where everyone/everything is highlighted.

The story this time around is just pure revenge story; with some self inserts by Druckman. The characters felt extremely out of character from the first game. Especially Joel.
    A Revenge Story that tries to justify putting Ellie on the pedestal. The opening shock value & reason for Ellie's Revenge Spree was nothing compared to TLOU1's opening cutscene; which sets up Joel's story for that story; Here in TLOU2, it felt extremely EXTREMELY PUSHED.

Its really really bad. Its not worth it. Even Japan and Korea hate it so bad, after they played it, they ripped the blu-ray discs.

7. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    10/10

- Shit game is shit.

Jokes aside...

If you want real reviews make sure it ain't MURICAN cuz you'll be getting paid 10/10 reviews :blobpeek:

8. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most of the reviewers got angry not because of the plot twist, but they set the expectation too high.

I too watched the game plays, but the game's adverts set the expectation of the people too high. The bar piles until it was released.

Unlike sandbox games like No Man's Sky where the first reviews are also bad, but because of the updates, it got better and greater.

This is one of the bad thing of story based games where if the initial writing is bad, it may get better but will never be great.

9. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost want to buy the game.. I heard the spoiler b4 from 4chan but I didnt believe it. I always check the gameplay before I buy any new games and this really disappointed me.

They (the character from TLOU 1) dont deserved this kind of treatment tbh

Devon and Concernedcitizen like this.
  10. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still wondering how it can be considered a revenge story when she kills everyone along the way and then lets the revenge-target walk.

Devon and Concernedcitizen like this.
  11. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to unfollow/unsubscribe from Easy Allies. :(... they wanted that PS5 Early.

The game sets itself up as a revenge story, but the story could not hold up at all. Wtf were they thinking...

Devon, Concernedcitizen and TamaSaga like this.
  12. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot Twist? Are you sure about that?

Bruh, even a person like me that with amaturish writing can tell that its basically saying right through my face.

Not gonna lie dude but even a retard can tell what they are trying to convey.

That game is like reading Emergence and adding more fcked up storyline without any context and characters being braindead.

They are not trying to set up expectations but rather tell something through your face and shoved that sht until you can understand.

13. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link

Sony censors :cookie: in Japan~

Concernedcitizen, JinVodka and Devon like this.
  15. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILERS INCLUDED.

Their excuse on why it has high bad reviews is that people ain't playing and just based things on other gamer's vids. What do you expect, another PR move. Ain't adding to the sale anymore of that sht game when it's so obvious on how disappointing it is.
    I want to add a pic about some characteristic of Ellie and Abby but I don't know how to upload it. Anyways, it's really so bad. None of the characters are likeable.
    Joel - After just some goddamn 5 years, he manage to become so soft around strangers. Didn't even show on how he became like that, considering in the flashbacks given, him saying to Ellie to be wary of others.
    Ellie - From a hardened teenage girl to a rebellious shtty one that got herself left behind by her family, lost a friend, got her uncle crippled, unnecessarily lost her two fingers (Fckng can't play the guitar anymore.) And let her enemy go with 2 sec flashback. How did she became so.. so low witted or whatever.
    Dina - We didn't even got some solid background on her ffs. They gave her the role of badass at first then can't even stay by Ellie's side at the end. They better make at least a DLC about her and Ellie fckng hell.
    Jesse - The sorriest character. Ain't even 30 mins of scenes for him only to get killed with a bullet in the face (Wow Abby sure is a very fast and precise sharpshooter; plot armor privilege, when Ellie can't even shoot her the first time they met and Dina tryna slice her up when she can just fckng stab her. Again, strong plot armour.)
    Abby - Get to kill Joel in the first 1 or 2 hrs in game with no bg. Get to play her half of the time of playing LOU2. Her boss fight including fighting ELLIE. If Lev didn't stop her, she could and wanted to killed Dina, who's pregnant. While Ellie got so guilty to even can't concentrate when she learned the Mel was pregnant when she killed her (Of-fcng-course Ellie got the blame on killing a preggo when they were the ones who fought back to Ellie when at the start what she only wanted was Abby). And then even possibly get a happy ending when she got away.

It was so retard of a story that it doesn't even fit the apocalyptic genre. I won't be surprised if I find the story in AO3.

I have no idea why people are justifying Abby's revenge when her father, a goddamn child killer who works with bandits and who fckng thinks can make a vaccine, deserves a revenge.
    I aint gon explain why FireFlies ain't gonna accomplish sht by killing Ellie and do the 'save the whole world' thing. It's common sense.

Really so stressed up, waited so long for the sequel only to have this bad sht disappointing story. So much for the excellent scenery and designs. Even the game mechanic is a bit sht cause you only go in linear, walking point to point, can't interact with others things. Were we playing Sims or what.

This ain't all I wanna say but I'll end it here. Hope you enjoy the game if you bought it. Good for you.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  16. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    The first game was interesting since it have new genre of zombies caused by fungus which is terrifying.

Now you're just figthing lame humans and dogs... Mutant animals would be more terrifying like resident evil those scary dogs.

Besides adding sex scene with a self insert by the writer is just plain cringeworthy.

And mostly what is wrong with the new female character. It's like putting a woman's face on a man body. Are they on drugs? The writer have the most Disgusting fetish. There are more better designs for musled women.

Concernedcitizen and Devon like this.
  17. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    The one's who are not mad are either paid certified reviewers or those who didn't played the first game.

The second game is the dishonor to the first one. The players are angry not because of their expectation but due how poorly written the script is. The writer even put self insert bastard that spits on the original MC who people adore. I don't know how expectation correlates with this when the writer shows this much disrespect.
    I think we didn't watch the same game play.
    A korean player got angry since Joel was killed. For him Joel reminds him of his father so it hurts more especially on father's day.
    Speaking of writing, heard naughtydoggy fired a female writer of uncharted and Last of Us 1. So wonder how would it written in her hands.

TamaSaga, Concernedcitizen and Devon like this.
  18. Lisant

Lisant Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I rated it 1 star. Really the only selling point of TLoU 2 was its story, and the story was rather horrid this time around. It doesn't help that they essentially destroyed all the characters people liked about TLoU 1 by having them act out of character and then get murdered. The new protagonist is also rather unsympathetic (and the one who murders them).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    Devon likes this.
  19. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Necro. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.