Discussion TMW Quality Drop?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Aszure, May 10, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aszure

Aszure #^#^

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, this whole arc is incredibly boring and slow. I might even stop reading, it feels like the author writes a lot, but essentially nothing happens. Was one of my favorite series but now i don't look forward to the next chapter anymore..

RANTMAN, Cien, invalidlinks and 10 others like this.
  2. Data

Data Assuming Direct Control

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly, I agree that things have been dragged out.

Most likely, to keep his audience "in suspense" while he actually trys to figure out what he wants to happen. Though there's nothing suspenseful

MadHatter and Astaroth like this.
  3. Aszure

Aszure #^#^

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe if the authors wouldn't get paid per words count, it may be faster and a better novel

Silver121, Asf, MadHatter and 3 others like this.
  4. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    Or the fact that they're expect 2 chapters a day or else they drop out from the high rankings and lose readership

5. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its taken 2 chapters and we still havnt heard him talk about whats wrong. Ive never been annoyed at this stories pace before, although it was slow it was tolerable. Now it feels like hes intentionally dragging it out because hes trying to keep a word count over just trying to write the damn story.

Silver121, MadHatter and Astaroth like this.
  6. Greedyspree

Reading List:
    Link
    Its literally 2 chapters to get 2 minutes its starting to bug me and i really liked this story too.

MadHatter, Random and Astaroth like this.
  7. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that it's slow and boring

I think there's something wrong with you.*

Remy edit: Modified * some parts.

@remy911 You censored my joke! I will throw a tantrum!!! or not, I'm too lazy for it :sleep::sleep:

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  8. Alhana

Alhana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think so? Are you guys farking crazy =.= Every arc needs a good build up.

9. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact that YY blames the technique rather than the Shen family was awfully weird.

RANTMAN and Astaroth like this.
  10. Greedyspree

Reading List:
    Link
    Build up is one thing, but the story isnt moving at all. Its 2-3 chapters to move 5-10 minutes. Then some of the stuff id be glad to read him lin and yi yun talking, is completely ignored. @.@

MadHatter, Astaroth and MapleKaiser like this.
  11. dniv

dniv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly think all of you are being a bit silly here. I was getting sort of annoyed by the pacing, but the last chapter was solid. The fact that someone seems to be willing to listen is already an interesting twist. To be honest, it was a bit boring up until now except for the time when he trolled Shen Tu Nantian, but the end of this chapter was really interesting. Like, can you figure out his plan exactly? I mean, I personally have no clue what he is planning on doing. All of these people are capable of killing him if he offends too many people and steps on too many toes.

I have a suspicion that he'll do something crazy like reveal his aspect totem in order to get some credibility... Nantian doesn't know about his aspect totem right? Didn't he completely suppress him last time, so he wouldn't even know?

Samsara, Shance and Alhana like this.
  12. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    in some chaptes notes was said the author is with hearth issues, I still like TMW, but ****!! this has really been draged out!!

MadHatter likes this.
  13. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I find strange is authors like Er Gen and IET who can maintain their story flow despite the pressure of having to release on time. I mean we don't get to see it most times but these guys have to write for their Chinese audience while we just have to wait for translations on works that are usually finished or close to finishing.

Astaroth, Data and dniv like this.
  14. aru

aru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's been writing this way since the start. The only difference was that we weren't caught up to the raws then. I'm sorry you think that character interactions means nothing happen and/or is filler.

Samsara, KuroShiroe, Asf and 2 others like this.
  15. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also I agree quality storywise has been stale not bad but just boring lately.

MadHatter and Astaroth like this.
  16. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    quality is fine. the pace is slow, but has always been that way. that's the author's style. i think it's just harder to deal with waiting for each chapter and getting little progress in the story. try waiting for a few chapters before reading, this way it should be more satisfying

Samsara likes this.
  17. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    He might just be winging it.

Also, I'm confused as to why the Matriach defends YY when it's obvious Xintong and the Shen family are worth more. It even says it in the same chapter

Astaroth likes this.
  18. jordanvn

jordanvn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There might be a reason for that. What os more likely in the eyes of the Other people? That the Shen Tu clan is planning on poisoning a potential Great Empress that THEY proposed to marry or that the technique they are using is fatally flawed? If he blamed the entire Shen Tu clan people would be less likely to even pay attention to him actually even though he put the blame on the technique how many people truly are taking his word to heart? In all honesty I'm also trying to make sense of it too and this is the explanation I came up with

shianthiestrada and Astaroth like this.
  19. dniv

dniv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's true. It's freaking amazing. Though to be fair, IET has boring chapters. The guy who writes TTNH though, that guy always has hilarious or amazing chapters. The translated parts of the story is much shorter than what we have seen so far from ISSTH, but it's already close to as funny as the current ISSTH and is also pretty legit and awesome. Still, ISSTH is my favorite Xianxia and I love Er Gen, so...

SnowTime likes this.
  20. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IT IS NOT THAT QUALITY IS DROP BUT BECAUSE IT IS DUE TO CATCHING UP TO RAWS. AUTHOR WORK IS SAME AS BEFORE. IF YOU READ IT AGAIN 2 CHAPTERS A DAY THEN YOU WILL FIND.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.