Discussion TMW Quality Drop?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Aszure, May 10, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han2xiah

han2xiah [NightDweller][MoonlightScavenger][Li'lCrazy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Shentu clan right now can't win against the desolarate race that is why they are trying to form alliances to battle them. Delaying the alliance means delaying the shentu clan movent against deaolate race. Now preventing the alliance will slow the shentu clan revenge on the desolate race and save lin xintong grace. Now having made shentu nantian have a soul backlash which delayed the ceremony for a few days, of which the granny from the shentu clan think is because of lin clan and specially yi yun. if you think they are not yet taking him seriously that is because they are giving face as the granny said she would have killed yiyun if not for the lin matriach and clan. Meaning they are thinking that this junior is a thorn in the road that needs to be rid off. Before yiyun can easily be killed because he has no backing but now since lin and shentu is not yet in an alliance they won't hand yiyun a future desolate heaven master. If him ,a small practitioner, treated as a thorn in the road by a elder of a hugeclan is not taking him seriously then i don't know what is?

2. shinryu432

shinryu432 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow..... A lot of people complaining while I sit here and read other novel while piling up chapters of TMW to read and enjoy in which after I read I feel content that there is development........

3. readingdigest

readingdigest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly. If an author had properly brainstormed before starting the story then the chances of a story being lacking and contrived goes down. Take Ze Tian Ji (Way of Choices) for example. You don't write a story with that much depth without proper planning. The author already had a good grasp of what kind of story he was going to write and have planned out much of the plot. But a lot of readers criticize it for its slow pace instead, which is ridiculous IMO. World of Cultivation is another example of a story where the author ties everything back into the main storyline. Then you got stories like Sovereign of the Three Realms, where you can see that the author had thought out the first arc and it's a good story in and of itself, but they don't really have an idea of where to take the story after. These types of story tend to become a compilation of arcs with only a shallow plot to tie them together. The rest of the stories like TMW and TDG fall in the last category of almost zero forethought, at least from a reader's perspective.

Premonition and Astaroth like this.
  4. shade0180

shade0180 your shadow

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is just not a drop in quality though, as already said the author is also literally wasting chapters for the word count and that's where the drop in quality is happening.
    [​IMG]

5. luckyman89

luckyman89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agree. i can summarize the past chapters in one paragraph. he's stretching it too much.

6. kryner

kryner BYSTANDER BY NATURE

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed it took him two chapters just to speak up about that relic.

7. Data

Data Assuming Direct Control

Reading List:
    Link
    It's definitely getting dragged this chapter with some new information that came out of nowhere and eyes that may not pertain to the story at all.

I was hoping we could get some results, but more filler

8. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much. Well once the arc is done, I will probably put the novel aside for a few months, to the point where I forgot about the novel and lazy to resume it but will read it eventually. Not the first time I've done that to a novel, I've done it to Coiling Dragon, Douluo Dalu, Only Sense Online, So What If It’s an RPG World?, etc. lol. Only difference is of stockpiling TMW is mainly due to the author dragging it a bit too long, whereas the others are for their release speed.

9. shade0180

shade0180 your shadow

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't want to shelf anything that I read for more than a few months or even weeks though. Because whenever I did that I always lose all motivation to pick them back up.
    [​IMG] I did that with RPG world haven't gotten to pick it up again. the last time I touched it was after they went to the other continent/school I think.

10. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what you mean, lol. I'm lazy to catch up on them too, lol.

11. Data

Data Assuming Direct Control

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot finally happened this last chapter. And some good one at that :whistle:

12. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    10 minutes conversation written into 10 chapters. Oh well...

13. Silver121

Silver121 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes its clearly dropping
    Nothing happened in 414 as well.

14. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am annoyed greatly by those Shen Tu retards, they don't let him even speak, though it's Yun's fault for speaking 5 words and then listening to insults for 5min before continuing

15. thissisnate

thissisnate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the length of each chapter has also decreased. So if you take it on average, it might actually be one old chapter for 3 current chapters of talking which is totally fine if you just stock up.

Either that or it's so boring, I fly through it and finish it super fast.

16. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did the author say this was a filler arc? This is what he planned for in the beginning of the Tian Yuan world arc. It also begins pushing a lot of future events, such as exploring the mystic realm, future skills for Yi Yun to aim for, and also the relationship between Yi Yun and Lin Xintong. It also deepens the enmity between Yi Yun and the mini-boss, Nantian.

It doesn't make logical sense to heal Xintong suddenly when he is this weak. People will then say oh, just because he is the MC, so plot armor allows him to heal her immediately. A process needs to happen.

17. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pacing is fine, its rather that you can only read 1 chapter at a time that it feels slow, if you had 100-200 chapters to read the pacing might even be too fast at certain parts.

18. shade0180

shade0180 your shadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like author is continuing on dumbing down the other character.

Seriously if he made it so that they really didn't know about the poison, the decision they made the last few chapter would sound good.

but right now it's fucking bullshit.

19. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naw the pacing is slow you can literally sum up a lot of chapters in one couple words. I know they got to get their money but you cant deny he drags it out to get that word count. I'm not faulting him just blaming the system but the pacing is slow.

20. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So its dumb because they don't know Yi Yun has an artifact so legendary and heaven defying that even top experts can't see it? yeah soo dumb....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.