LCD To Be A Virtuous Wife - Latest Chapter Discussion

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Lachiel, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of my friend said they don't like to have remember their Chinese title that's why they dropped it but for me it was a good read.. I'll continue reading.. Will discuss when I catch up..

2. haweii

haweii [mad scientist in-training] Fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I confuse "a virtuous wife" with "chu Wang fei"
    Same shit going with a smart mc who reincarnated in the body of the mistreated first and legal daughter, whose maternal family is awesome to her
    Quite a few plots and handsome characters, even a few likeable female side characters
    Oh and hello, I am new here ^-^

3. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, welcome to nu :)
    They are similar. If I didn't start reading to be virtuous wife first, I might have problem remembering. Me and my forgetful brain ><
    But so far I prefer virtuous wife. Even though they are similar, I prefer Qing ju & he heng personality

4. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    So now, HH and QQJ are both Emperor and Empress, what do you guys think the next schemes/troubles will be about?

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If one can get accustomed to danna-sama, imouto, kawaii, kekkoi, ikemen, goshujin-sama, aniki, -de gozaru etcetc, I don't understand how one cannot adapt to the titles in a CN novel. From my experience reading this and watching ancient Chinese dramas involving royalties, I sincerely find this one enjoyable in a different sense than other novels.

Would like to know He Yuan and He Qi's stand with He Heng being Emperor. I also miss Jing guifei... Isn't it that the ladies-in-waiting are going to enter the palace...or am I confusing this with another novel xP

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    Arua likes this.
  6. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyaaaa~! He Heng's official promise in chapter 87 is almost akin to promising he'll love her all his life in front of everyone!!

I just can't wait to see Feng Ji Zin's face when she discovers she's the lowest of the 4 concubines. Her status kept falling, but her haughtiness didn't catch up to reality yet ahaha. XD

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  7. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    HH wrote such a cute love letter to QQJ XD

And KITA! Feng Zi Jin got her b...slap!!

8. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    More than the love letter, that he ordered the servants to chase bugs just so she could take a nap....LOL seriously Qing Ju, your Emperor is head over heels for you.

9. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh right, I was like "wth" when I read that part XD
    I can't picture it without laughing,
    "Those damn cicadas! slaughter them!!"
    "You said crickets? NO PITY!"
    "STOP SHOUTING I'LL KILL YOU"

It's like, as soon as he became Emperor, his feelings for her are overflowing so much he lost all common sense aha.

Shio and LaDyViL like this.
  10. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I can just imagine He Heng shouting those.

Aside from that scene, when He Heng arrived and directly drink from her cup.... If it's another male lead, I might just go "Aww..second hand kissy kissy" BUT this is the Emperor. That one action shows how much his trust and care for his Empress. "If it's poisoned, then I'll share it with her. If it's not, then it's the sweetest nectar leftovers from my goddess."

That's one of the reasons I like taking my time reading this novel. It allow us to delve and think of the hidden meanings behind the actions and speeches of the characters.

therandomcookie likes this.
  11. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    That action of HH drinking from her cup, it already happened in the past actually! But you're right, now that he's Emperor, that casual action is full of meaning...
    I think I'll reread this novel again in one go once the translation is completed. Gotta enjoy it thoroughly! :)

12. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Two jerks one beside others. This is how I see the characters. If that dumbass husband were so 'great' than why did he allowed strife in his own turf (harem)?

He Heng saw that the other had no intentions of speaking further and turned to his other women. He saw that while Feng shi’s face had a smile, it seemed to hold traces of humiliation. He looked once at wang feiand saw she had lowered her head. At the end, he only nodded: “Since you have gotten better, it is beneficial for you to exercise outside.” Finishing, he left behind the crowd of women for his study.

After He Heng left, Qu Qing Ju turned to look at Feng Zi Jin, her eyes slightly narrowed. She reached out with her right hand to lift a fine and glowing chin, and used a tone softer than silk, “This face of Feng ce fei, the more you look, the more you fall in love.” Finishing, the thumb smoothed over the curve of the face until it felt Feng ce fei shudder before retreating. She used her handkerchief to scrub gently at her thumb and index finger, “That’s fine, I’m tired. You can all leave now.” Finishing, she held Jin Zhan’s hand and turned to leave.

I detest reviews that use adjectives so, why did they were used? It's not realistic at all. And the heroine was a manager. That fact can't be interpreted in her favour, i don't think that the fact that she met any kind of man means that she has the power to 'use' them. There's a difference between knowing and appliying. So, no, the mc didn't adapt at her surroundings, she just used her knowledge live as she seemed fit, as a total jerk.

There’s no need for worry,” Qu Qing Ju laughed lightly, her gaze looking towards the study, “wang ye isn’t the average person.” This type of man, he wouldn’t care about small things. As long as she, as his wang fei, didn’t do anything to damage the interests of Duan Wang, Duan Wang, at this point, would respect her, as his wang fei.

Even though Chang De Gong Fu didn’t care for her, but her jiujiu[6] was titled a marquis and was the Supreme Justice. Her jiumu’s[7] father was the Minster of Defense. The couple only had two sons and no daughters, and was very attentive to her, their niece. If it wasn’t for those two, how else would the original have protected her mother’s dowry?

Duan Wang might not need to depend on wang fei to accomplish things, but it was true he would never favor a qie over a wife to create conflict with those people. At this time, every imperial son was restless and Duan Wang wasn’t an unambitious person.

She wasn’t the type of person live in discomfort. If she really had to live in hardship and unpleasantness for her entire life, it would be better for her to just jump into a pond right now. As to how Duan Wang would treat her if he gained the throne? She was too lazy to think that much. Who knows what would happen in the future. Even if she was really virtuous and generous, it didn’t appear that this Duan Wang would like her very much.
    Her thinking is shallow. She's like an antagonist. Small things show how you treat big things. Two sons and no daughters? Really? In a society where daughters were ignored and treated as things?

Jump into a pond? Really? Can you swim?

Also, how comes that she could choose foods based of 'heath' criterias? Was tge society so developed that they knew what and how?

Sending away the kitchen steward, Yin Liu massaged Qu Qing Ju’s shoulders and said hatefully: “This pile of useless and spineless cowards.”
    The pressure of Yin Liu’s massage was perfect. Qu Qing Ju leaned back comfortably on the recliner. Hearing Yin Liu’s remark, she smiled and said: “In this world, there are many people but they are all this way. It is not worth it to be angry over a small insignificant steward.”
    huh, yeah, she.. Courage? Hahaha, earlier shd saied that she was too lazy to think to much. Bullshit. Should I expect something 'grand' from her? She's just your average human. Arrogant, conceited and full of self justice. Nothing wrong with that but.. That doesn't make her the shining princess, nor the black one. Don't mix values and pretend she adapted. To start with she didn't have values.

Qu Qing Ju opened her eyes and sighed over those words: “In the past, I always thought the best of others but it is today that I have decided to use goodness to repay goodness, use evil to repay evil. That is the way to live in the Imperial Family.”
    so, she's biased, self centered and witouth a good sense of values.

He Heng nodded and didn’t pay much attention, only saying: “Qu shi isben wang’s di[13] wife. What she is due, she will receive.” Thinking back to Qu shi’s vibrant new appearance that was contrary to the past plain one, his brow moved slightly, “As to how wang fei does in the future, we will wait and see.”
    so,
    Wait an see... What? What will he do if she does something extravagant or in his defavour? Punish her backings? Hahaha.. 'Hannibal at the gates" policy? Do you expect me to believe that he's so great at schemings? Hahaha.
    Ming He nodded silently. This was between the zhuzi and the femalezhuzi. He was a servant and naturally had no opinion. But he kept on sensing that today’s wang fei was different from before. It wasn’t just the change in wardrobe, even the gaze had changed. As the main steward of the fu, he had seen wang fei a few times before. He kept on feeling thatwang fei seemed to have from … an unnoticeable gray bunny transformed to … a fierce female fox?

Recognizing he was guessing about his masters, Ming He buried his head deeper. Amitofo, he should be punished
    So, now, we have the confirmation. She's plain amoral.

No, the whole set up helps the heroine and I don't like to read something only because of plot armor.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    ykovache likes this.
  13. makenai89

makenai89 The Divine Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Who do you think killed Han Liangdi in the latest chapter?
    Han Liangdi's servant?
    Feng Zi Jin?
    Rui Wang?
    Shu Guifei?
    Of course, there's also small possibility it's Luo Yin Xiu or Jiang Yong Yu...

14. haweii

haweii [mad scientist in-training] Fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    It's quite obvious, it's Feng Zi Jin who did it.
    Rui Wang isn't this bad at scheming and the way this murder was handled is very lacking in effect only someone stupid would do that.
    And why would Hang liangdis servant kill her?
    There aren't any benefits andthe victim herself, why would she seek her death in this way? If she really wanted to harm QQJ she would have done more outrageous things like killing the embryo if she was prepared to die.
    And the other two consorts don't have any motive for it, there are no ill feelings between them and QQJ.
    Only Feng Zhi sth has the motive, stupid and reckless mindset to do it. Remember she was quite bullied by everyone and especially Han Liangdi?

makenai89 likes this.
  15. makenai89

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, logically, Feng has more probability to do that...but somehow, I got the vibe that either someone else did it, or even if she's the culprit but someone else will get blamed...*remembered the Rui Wang x Ning Wang debacle*

16. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like that murder case kinda came out of nowhere. Even the circumstances. Han supposedly went alone outside in the middle of the night? Quite rare for a mistress to go out without at least her personal maid...
    Also the things she supposedly said to the personal maid directly incriminating Qu Qing Ju are fishy. I just feel like that maid is hiding something.

MapleKaiser and makenai89 like this.
  17. makenai89

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree! I felt it too. Maybe she was instructed by someone...not necessarily the victim herself...
    If that is so, then even Qin Bai Lu has a chance
    *now waiting for chapter 102*

Arua likes this.
  18. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    The criminals were Feng Zi Jin and He Yuan's mother huh. I sort of expected that the criminal would be Feng Zi, but did not expect that the other criminal. What an idiotic woman. Even if the Qu Qing Ju got discredited or even killed, He Yuan wouldn't have become the emperor.

makenai89 and Arua like this.
  19. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Clearly, I didn't expect the two of them actually conspiring together. That was so stupid... they even chose the worst timing ever to frame Qu Qing Ju: she's favored 300% by both muhou and the Emperor and she's pregnant. Right now is the time when everyone is paying attention to Qu Qing Ju's every move because of her pregnancy. That was so stupid I have no words LOL.

I hope the punishment will be harsh, it's time to dispose of those annoyances once and for all.

makenai89 likes this.
  20. makenai89

Reading List:
    Link
    That was so unexpected!
    I wonder how they schemed it. Someone found Qing Ju's accessory in the garden, then hand it over to the other to do the deed? Feng and Shu's servants, and also Han's servants must have been involved or at least knew about it.
    And they also found about Feng poisoning Qing Ju back then. She should hang :mad:

Arua likes this.