To Pew whatever his name Youtube star fans

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Sep 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't know. TBH. I only follow BBC regarding India, just to see (and amuse myself with) how much they can distort news about my country. :blobowoevil_horns:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a good example is the artifacts that the British stole from India and keep in the British Museum.
    I think a Hrithik Roshan movie about stealing back the diamond back to India flopped because he turned out to be working with the British

reagents 11 and otaku31 like this.
  3. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh it's far too late or far too gone for a prim and proper governance through democracy with complacent, ignorant, and distracted citizens. By now they can be herded quite peacefully even into full cliffsides through media control and censorship.

4. Bitter Sweet

Bitter Sweet 『Gomi Delivery Service』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that is kinda scary. Although I wouldn't know myself since whenever I use YT I just end up watching DnD related stuff and music. I couldn't even name more than 5 celebrities lmao. As for the gunman thing, It's only natural that weirdos drag other people with them.

5. Madoqua

Madoqua Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True I agree with you about having power to abuse, but controlling your audience is very tricky.
    Even one person that misinterprets meaning or act out of his own intention, ruins it for others or gets his own following.
    But also if the influencer makes one mistake, the whole internet can hate you and you lose all your power.
    He uploads everyday (I think) and still has his following, makes me amazed that the mistakes he made didn't send him to his grave.

6. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't mean that we shouldn't try.
    I never rely on government for anything and don't really consider them to be the ones to fix fake news.
    I can't recall the website but there is one that points out popular things that are true or false.
    Such websites seem to be more common.
    Hacktivists should attack website spreading fake information instead of Sony or iCloud for nude pics.
    It makes no sense since most celebrities have nude roles airbrushed to perfection.
    Feels like hacking to see your own lover's nude pics..

7. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Snopes.com

Wujigege likes this.
  8. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    No use with population that complacent. Or pacified to be exact ? Anyway there's no use of it.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I think libel laws have to be updated, free speech is good and all but words hurt more than sticks and stones

10. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this was necro thread, guess it's not.

Wujigege likes this.
  11. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like a lot of good journalism but there's too much dreck out there that's broadcasted just for views.

PBS, an educational channel, sent a crew to my class when I was in 10th or 11th grade in the early 2000s. They said they were here to get our views on the differences of the ethnic makeups of the various education programs (magnet, HGM, honors, etc.) as they were doing a special for MLK day. They spent the whole time fishing for inflammatory racial statements while we were expounding on the socio economic differences that really cause there to be such a rift (not to mention our specific program was grafted on the school to bring the avg of the school up, so most of us weren't locals meaning the ethnic differences between the programs wasn't even statistically relevant to the "segregation" to begin with). When we watched their show, they snipped and cut the worse sounding bits of various peoples' arguments to make us sound elitist and racist. They never apologized despite our protest letters. A non-profit education channel painted our class racist in order to fit the story they decided to make BEFORE coming to our school. Heck, we even talked to members of the other class that was interviewed to show how racially we were divided, and they too were confused with how the program distorted everything we all said.

Now, I don't go around saying all media is bad, but imo there's far too much bs like what I've encountered out there, that unless media industry regulates itself better and cuts these cancers out of the industry, people won't trust the media. It's just like the police situation : regardless of how many good cops there are, if the bad cops are protected and allowed to continue acting up, it doesn't matter how good the rest of the cops are, we'll look at them all as if they're bad cops.

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    This is old news. The attacks made were not instigated or connected to PDP in any way. While he was responsible for making contents that catered to the likes of the gunman, it was not his fault that such incidents happened. I do not like PDP either, but blame the right person for the right crime.

Let it go.

GDLiZy likes this.
  13. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    I recognize only one "great one".

[​IMG]

14. Eternalce1

Eternalce1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, is it his fault that people hate him? With that much following, someone somewhere will bound to dislike him for anything he does. While he sure did some stuff which is wrong, that doesn't make everything he does as a continuation of those wrongful actions. And many people consider ADL as a hate group with their CEO celebrating Disney cutting of relations with PewDiePie.

15. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is old news, and was proven false (if you read about the mass shooter's manifesto) alongside the sub-2-pewdiepie written on some historical memorial, which Pewdiepie himself donated to, even if he didn't need to (for obvious reasons to those who know). Overall, he's a prime target for controversy (he himself is at fault sometimes) for them social media outlets and other political parties (that like to get views by criminalizing him).

The current controversy is about ADL donation, which Pewdiepie retracted after the backlash of his fans, saying it's a bad move, because of the infamy of ADL known for doing the opposite of what they preach and it's origins.

16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not criminalizing the Youtuber.
    I am pointing out that they have a lot of power but little responsibility.
    It is the same issue with talk show hosts who have a huge social media following with zero qualifications to report news

17. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not stating you're criminalizing him. How did you link social media outlets/political parties to yourself? Weird, unless...

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I know people criminalized him.
    I was saying that Disney dropping him was smart because he is so controversial.
    Stop speaking in code and say what you really want to say lol

19. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that was already addressed by everyone during the whole fiasco.
    I ain't speaking code or trying to be cryptic here, though? I was just saying about the what the situation is, and saying what the current situation is now if you're interested.

20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont watch him or keep myself up to date, so this was news to me.
    Influencers influence their environment whether they like it or not.
    Normalizing dangerous behaviors is dangerous.
    People should accept that they could ignite a "war" with their rhetoric online

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.