Spoiler To You Who Forgot Me/나늘 잊은 당신에게

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LoliJuicy, Jan 13, 2023.

1. LoliJuicy

LoliJuicy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Links:

NU: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/to-you-who-forgot-me/
    Novel: https://m.series.naver.com/novel/detail.series?productNo=8782051

Synopsis:
    “Don’t cry, Leah. I will definitely come back alive.”

Caius Enoch Hercesia.

He was Leah’s longtime lover and saviour.

The man protected Leah with unconditional kindness, who was a hostage of the Kingdom and hated by the people of the Empire.

“When I come back, let’s get married.”

The reason she was able to wait for him to leave the long war was because of the sincere promise he had left behind.

However, he returned after a three-year-long war…

“I am engaged to this woman, you mean?”

A dry voice she had never heard before. Eyes that are cold to the point of being cold.

The Caius in front of her was not the sweet lover Leah remembered.

“I don’t know what kind of crazy situation this is.”

He was a strange man who completely forgot the time they loved, the promises they made, and the woman named Leah.

—————
    There's another novel with the same title but it seems that there're two different things.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. mg534

mg534 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoiler???

4. meafia

meafia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm growing impatient. Considering it's being translated by rain, fl might run away?

Naenia likes this.
  5. meafia

meafia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. meafia

meafia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones with amnesia arcs in the forum seems to have bad luck lol

ArkiV_10 and donaiseiyuu like this.
  7. Samona

Samona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember talking in some thread about this novel. Caius (ML) is absolutely irredeemable. This was the 2nd novel I regretted reading in January.

• Leah (FL) was a hostage from enemy nation. She was neglected in both countries. ML falls for her early & plans to take her as his princess.

• Caius goes on a war & gets injured. He loses partial memory. Before going he proposed to FL, but no such memory remains. Returning, he ignores & starts maltreating her. Caius questions himself, why would he marry Leah, in where he is in a disadvantageous state. He doesn't believe in his aids. Basically, he questions is there any reason he should love her. Then he announces his marriage to another powerful nobleman's daughter (I forgot his title). It was a marriage of convenience.

• As the ML is trash, he doesn't miss any chance to humiliate Leah. He forced her to attend his engagement with the other lady, forcibly slept with her many times & added bunch of verbal humiliation. At first FL tried to communicate with him. But later she finally gives up. FL contacts her cousin (2nd ML) to get out of this hell hole. But no, the trash won't let her go, he already decided to keep her as his mistress.

• The current Empress tries to use her. If FL poisons Caius, she would help Leah return. But Leah was so fed up, she decides to commit suicide. During that time, Caius recovers his memory. He regrets his actions. But the damage is already done.

It was later said, it wasn't that Caius changed after memory loss. He was always like this hungry for monopolising her, keeping her bound to him. But he suppressed his desires, so that FL doesn't run away, as he knew about her past traumas.

• Finally pregnant FL runs away, ML purposely gave in to her, assuming he could capture her again. But she escaped. Caius becomes the Emperor but still yearns for her. After a few years they reunite. The family gets together. The End.

As you must have noticed there wasn't any redemption or fully developed regret arc that I could mention. So read at risk :meowyaranaika:

Pipi1989, karaa00000, Caloli and 27 others like this.
  8. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude,that's shit.
    I was looking forward to this novel since I really liked "I will disappear,grand duke",but this one is on a level...
    In that one novel the ml was rude and neglected to her for like twenty episodes,in some moment he pretended he didn't knew where she was because she was happier and only brought her back when her life was at risk.He never looked at other girls too.Sure,he had many moments where we wanted to punch him but he groveled enough.
    I'm seriously disappointed with this.

9. LoliJuicy

LoliJuicy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

What. No way. Leah should done the unthinkable. I think this is how it should have went:

- Leah tries to poison Caius. It fails.

- She fell for the Empress' lies. Leah is sentenced to execution.

- By the time Caius regains his memory, it was too late.

- Leah wishes that she should have never love him.

- Leah gets guillotined. She goes back to the past.

- She's relieved, and begins packing her things to leave the place.

- Caius, with memories still lost, comes back.

- Servants tells him about Leah's leave but Caius' like "Who the f**k is Leah? Stop bringing up that name." and the servants kept quiet from then on.

- Leah finds another love. Time skip happens, and she's already got a baby. The end.

10. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Howw???? In the world they are end up together???

I couldn't believe this, that female leas must be a simp. She got maltreated, humiliation, got raped??, and yet she is like okay let's run into sunset together, what trauma? What ptsd?

The author just love to brush it off like it is nothing.
    :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  11. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    What the hell bro. So there's no retribution? Even worse than Betrayal of Dignity in terms of retribution.

Free Ocean likes this.
  12. Samona

Samona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR Caius makes other MLs appear innocent :blobimfine:

If I wrote that story, I would've made Leah the Emperor, somehow killing all these corrupt royals :meowwhistle:. YK plot armour.

I haven't read that yet. It's been in my library for so long. I've been hesitating, because of ML. But reading your post, I think the ML isn't this bad. I'll read that soon.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    Yuma28 likes this.
  13. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you will like,it's very well writed.
    Can you tell us too if was known to everybody that Leah and Caim were engaged?I wonder if she had a hard time with the servants and nobles because of being with him and being abandoned by him.

14. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    @Samona I read that the Emperor, who was Male Lead's father used and discarded his mother, the First Empress and then married the woman he loved. He also treated Caius harshly unlike how he treated his second family.

But turns out the woman he loved the most, Empress Margaret, was the one behind his deteriorating health. Right?

ArkiV_10, its0k, Bastian and 2 others like this.
  15. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Then the son proceed to do the same?Typical.
    The novel "Angelic lady" had this subplot too.

16. Samona

Samona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone knew that they were getting married someday. But FL didn't have a strong footholding here. Even the servants treated her badly. The nobles couldn't accept, how could a hostage like her marry Caius. So after Caius got engaged to another, their misbehaviour went up another level. Humiliation in social occasions wasn't new for FL. None of them truly respected Leah.
    Yep. The main reason Cause went to war, was to get a strong position validating his claim for throne. He has been an eyesore to the current Emperial family. The Empress has been making plans to kill him for long. She plans the attack in the war this time as well.

Empress wanted her son to be on the throne. That prince is also trash. He asked Leah multiple time to be his woman (ofc not in a dignified way), always hinting she was a plaything to Caius.

17. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    You know,when it comes to angsty,the author usually make the following novels more lighter because of the readers complaints,so I can't understand what happened here:blobsweat_2:she went from a 65% of angsty to 97%?I wonder if the writer wanted to challenge herself.
    Thankyou for answering us.I will stick to the spoilers but I don't think I have the heart to read the whole novel just to see that poor girl suffering all the time just to come back to the people and place that made her miserable.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    torte1315 likes this.
  18. meafia

meafia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tf. Im so disappointed. Was looking forward to it

19. datagirl

datagirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fanmade version is always better than canon.

20. Nada Amore

Nada Amore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he bed and or wed the other woman too?