Spoiler To You Who Never Loved Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by asterylis, Feb 1, 2021.

1. sslsdm

sslsdm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unrelated to the spoilers but what is TWTWIWYWD i want to know :blobnom:

2. llaladeriver

llaladeriver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's the new manhwa There Were Times When I Wished You Were Dead (the title is so long:blobsweat:) the novel is popular in SK

3. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    What in the hell bullshiterry is this? :blobfearful:
    Don't tell me the reason why ML revived her was because of her identity as Ruth? Seriously? I have seen more worse than this, but I could tell that this will be one of 'My Top 30 Worse Relationships who's Reason of Turning it to Good was BULLSHIT' category. :blob_coffee:
    At least, this ML knows that he's guilty of trying to make her suffer and told her she deserves someone better. :derpyblob:
    This Mc is 'A Type to Fall in Love Quickly and Deeply' is similar to me but with a more 'A Type to Fall in Love Quickly, yet to Fall Out Quickly'. :blob_pout:
    I know why Gods made a decision like that because it concerns their life, but did they ever know the reason why or why this all happen for ML to make such a decision to kill them in the first place? :blobsweat: Its pretty laughable that their demise that cause to end their own lives, was actually their decision to abandoned and destroy ML and MC after knowing the prophecy. :blobsweat_2:
    ---
    You know what? Why are most popular korean novels I've seen always end up with this one cliche plot of being hated turn into love? I kinda get it, but please. It ain't healthy. I really like characters that would have a good character develpment than the other who fell in love with mc but still has that bitchy attitude. :blobtriumph:
    Some novels that has a healthy relationship with the mc, most of them somehow doesn't really get popular. :blobtriumph:
    Which is irritating, I tell you, I could probably name any of them right now but my brain doesn't have the capacity of remembering all of them.:blobdizzy:
    I am really allright with an ML or MC who's a murderer or has done bad deeds. :blobhug:

I just really want consent and healthy ones no matter what. Why would you destroy someone's love towards you by treating them badly? You could've just say no, or in need of taking time and space. There is a reason why relationships need COMMUNICATION in the first place. :blobexpressionless::facepalm:
    If there's that one person who wouldn't let go of you and you hated them, you can always call off their contacts to them. If they still want you even though you don't want to, then that's where you can take action. :blobcatcop:

Jeez, I would like to hear these authors irl stories and tell them where in the hell did you watch all these soap operas? These type of novels aren't really great to show that there are types of genuine relationship out there. Yet, I still read them because it's a novel. :blobpopcorn_two:

However, for the younger or beginner readers out there, these type like 'To you who never loved me' or ' Abandoned Empress' etc. would really take this the wrong way. :notlikeblob::sweating_profusely:

CaelumBlue likes this.
  4. diti.ing

diti.ing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so glad I decided to check out the reviews and spoiler forums before i read the manhwa.

I've been wanting to read the novel for a while now because (you guessed it) the cover was misleading. I'm a huge fan of the artist and i don't even blame them for the cover tbh. It is a gorgeous cover, and maybe there's some symbolism in it? It's just that I kinda fell for it, as I'm sure that so many others had as well.

What drew me in was the fact that the way they met seemed like a retelling of the greek myth of meeting between Andromeda & Perseus. In that myth, Perseus happens to pass by that kingdom and finds out its being terrorized by a sea monster and that they had decided to sacrifice their princess, Andromeda, to appease the angry Sea God. (He was made angry by Andromeda's vain mom, i believe. She claimed to be more beautiful than Poseidon's nymphs, the Nereids. The Sea God wasn't happy with that, so yeah, its basically that queen's fault lol.)
    And that's when Perseus thinks that its unfair for Andromeda to die like that, saves her using Medusa's head, and then proceeds to fall in love with her, turn the ones that opposed their marriage to stone, and then proceed to whisk his now-wife back home where they lived happily with a hoard of kids.

Pretty sure you can see the similarities. Not to mention how the artist of the manhwa made the designs seem heavily Greek (not that i mind, you can tell that I'm pretty obsessed with myths anyway)

So. I was ready to give it a try despite the misleading (but very gorgeous) cover but then ppl started talking about the tragedy tag. I thank the person that provided all the spoilers, because dude, you just saved a lot of us.

I know that there are people who are happy with this story, but i personally find it horribly depressing and pointless.

Naive MC falls in love at first sight. ML has no interest in her, but is actively seeking out this Ruth. Now here's something I've been thinking. Did he think that when he saw the actual one, everything was just gonna click despite not remembering much about her? It seems pretty stupid IMO.

I think both sides did some pretty dumb things in this novel, and im glad i didn't pick this up.

Thanks for the spoilers!

zozoshawky and its0k like this.
  5. mahdi rikays00

mahdi rikays00 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically novel and manhwa/manhua/manga that has the same consept like this is depicted such as normal manhwa/manhua/manga/novel is like you eating poison and antidote and in the end you live while healthy and feel fresh but stories like on the emperor lap, I wish you were dead, and such is like you eat poison without antidote and in the end you somehow live but feels like shit or don't know what the hell just happen. basically shit but don't know how to describe it. well some people may find this kind of thing entertaining maybe because they experience the same thing or have the same mind as the mc or you are just mentally disabled? it's not like I'm trying to find faults with you but I just can't agree with you finding pleasure in this.

6. Brown sugar

Brown sugar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah I'll skip this one :blobexpressionless:i don't get why the Authors have to force the MC to be with the person that abused them and humiliated them!!!!! :facepalm::facepalm:Like did the human kind come to extinction....:blobunsure: u could make some angst at the beginning but at least don't make her happy ending with him but with someone else why are such novels rare :blobconfused:

DOHere likes this.
  7. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I could get behind a story where the ML treats MC bad before falling in love with her.
    Like "Please don't kill me again, your majesty". And not like "Abandoned Empress" where he abused her until the end of her life, and only regretted a tad after he killed her.
    This is the second option. Although, he wouldn't even had regretted it after she died, but only after she revealed she was Ruth afgvdgbghi.

Tbh, I don't even get what his obsession with Ruth was from smh. MC spent more time with him as Rose, did more for him and loved him more as Rose.

This is indeed a bad ending, 'cause she ends up with that pathetic a**hole in the end. A happy ending would've been her finding an actual decent man. But based on what a doormat she was, I can't even feel sorry for her, she got what she wanted.

Btw, does anyone know why the ML married the "princess"? I didn't understand from the spoilers. And I only read up to manhwa chapter 5 (will not read the rest, I'd only get annoyed), but just curious about this.

sleepybakaneko and magical_al00 like this.
  8. Vikchhh

Vikchhh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remembered Tomoe from "Nice to Meet You, Kami-sama", who read that will understand))
    Updt.: Wow, it reminds "Nice to Meet You, Kami-sama" even that if you don't believe in the Gods, they lose their power.

P.S. My English is not the best, I hope you understand me)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  9. _EyeCandy_

_EyeCandy_ Secretly Into Sadists ヽ(*>∇<)ノ

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus Christ I feel like I've read the entire thing already

10. Jinmanhwa

Jinmanhwa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The cover is so pretty but the story is kinda wtfudgeee ?! Gonna drop this :< the so called ML was like the b**tar* ML from College Student Empress aurrrgh I wasted my money for buying that novel then the ML was a big S**T.

DOHere likes this.
  11. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilers. I’m out.

sleepybakaneko and DOHere like this.
  12. Princess Neala

Princess Neala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh.. it's oot but what's wrong with college student empress ML?

13. XiaoXin

XiaoXin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Babe…he’s not even THAT bad compared to this ML, actually compared to a lot of other MLs he’s really decent. I’m sorry you had to waste your money like that tho

14. Leileya

Leileya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually really tried to read that one. But I gave up because the ML was just too much of an a**. I will admit to liking some stories where the ML is a bit of a jerk, however, there is a line to that and that particular ML (he actually sticks out the most in my memory because I was totally stunned that he was the male lead) really, really got on my nerves.

And about the Perseus and Andromeda myth: You were very close! It actually wasn't the mother's own vanity that earned the wrath of the Goddesses but her praise of her daughter's beauty. She said that her daughter was more beautiful than all the female Goddesses which caused them to angrily complain about it. To appease their anger, Zeus asked Poseidon to release the monster. The daughter wasn't the first to be sacrificed either. If I recall correctly, she was actually the very last sacrifice before Perseus destroyed the monster. Originally, it was believed that the monster and the Gods would be appeased by ANY sacrifice of beautiful maidens. However, it did not stop the monster or the wrath of the Gods, a priest (I'll admit my memory is pretty fuzzy on who it was) went to the Oracle who informed the Queen and King that in order for the destruction of their kingdom to stop they must sacrifice the cause of the Goddesses wrath which was Andromeda.

Hmm... now I'm beginning to doubt my memory on the Odyssey so I will have to look it up but I'm pretty certain that this is how it happened.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Rin.rinaaa and Dofu like this.
  15. Kubera

Kubera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree with you that those type of ML are better meant to be put in trashcan than the MC to fall in love with them I still remember I used to like reading those type but only bcz I wished the FL to end up with someone better hundreds of times than the ML and the author would be able to show how the FL overcome it . There was a Chinese novel I've read ( just MTL) I don't remember the name but I'm still affected by it every time I remember what happened to the FL well the FL got married as a substitute bride to the ML ( not sure if it's the ML or not bcz I couldn't finish reading it till the end) he in return only abused her thinking she's the one who killed her sister the later was his gf ofc without talking how he rap*d her hurt her broke her hand and even impregnated her only to scheme with another woman against her so in the end he brought a man to sleep in her bed showing the press that scene she tried explaining she's innocent but no one believed her even her parents ( her mother married a rich man so she got 2 step sister they were all bad to her ) her birth mother never liked her as she always abuse her to please the step sisters mostly after they thought she's the one who killed the big sis anyway with her pregnant she begged her mother for help but only got slapped instead and thrown out in the rain with no one to help she wondered alone she even tried working on bars and cafes but the trashy ex husband did everything to stop her from living later she run to another city gave birth and met a doctor who helped her years later her daughter got sick but the father didn't want to help his daughter ( here the sis who supposedly dead comes back Alive the funny thing is the truth was revealed that the FL wasn't the killed nor did she kill anyone but still the ex husband never believed her ) anyway I wrote a lot.

The point is there's plenty of similar plots where the FL fucking fall for trashy men instead of getting a character development the authors only write more tragedy without an end

CaelumBlue and Jeenajin like this.
  16. Jeenajin

Jeenajin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That novel you just gave as example sounds pretty interesting! If you remember the name could you share it with me?

CaelumBlue likes this.
  17. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the form again and i need to add something, the author is probably someone with mental illness problem, i read that some people who has been through an abusive childhood will try to do many things to relieve their pain, one of them is something like creating a story with an abusive theme
    i met one in real life, this person create a novel in wattpad where she destroyed the protagonist life and make no happy ending for everyone

18. Minhwan

Minhwan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm sick of this "someone save me in my childhood years and I love them so I'm looking for him/her, someone pretend to be that person and treat them carefully and I unknowingly abuses the real saviour and my first love" troupe and what you're gonna fall in love because you know he/she saved you then here comes the MC who has a fragile heart (tangina marupok) stupidly fall in love and forgotten the years where that scumbag abuses and giving her a cold look

lostross and Snow fluff like this.
  19. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone save me in my childhood years and I love them so I'm looking for him/her, someone pretend to be that person and treat them carefully and I unknowingly abuses the real saviour and my first love"

Be careful this could be the next manga title

But thx everyone for the spoiler now i don't have to read it, it's definitely get my heart broken with all the angst, life is already miserable enough with don't need to adding it more

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    Minhwan likes this.
  20. Ilana

Ilana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a really good story! Just make sure you read the side stories or you won’t be able to go to sleep at night. It has a very Greek-myth setting. It was interesting to see Hades as a devoted yandere and ultimate lover. It was really interesting to see how horrible and selfish the gods are.
    Also you find out ML is Diana’s son and she genuinely hates him because he’s evidence that she’s not ‘pure’ (a virgin—fyi she also murders the ML’s father, a priest she loved and desired—mutual it seems). It’s so interesting to see the extreme narcissism of the gods. I really liked the time traveling arc and the in incorporation of the old gods that Zeus usurped and how the ML also seeks to usurp Zeus and the ruling god-class. FL is a bit of a “pure” Mary-savior archetype but at least the characters are consistent. Sometimes novels have everyone changing personalities in the middle without any explanation or reason.

torte1315 likes this.