Today i become a NEET

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Astarte677, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Dragon

Little Dragon I does what I likes and I likes what I do

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually threads derail to the former but the latter is something newer.

2. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Be firm and keep going! Rise your chin and smile -or not! Do only the necessary talk. When going to speak in front of the class/ lots of people try to calm down,if you are still too nervous get something in your hands (not a button pen), look at the teacher or someone you are in good terms, feign to be looking at the others but in reality you are just looking at their hair, and speak in a reasonable volume (practice).

F**k them up. It's not like you are a little children that have only studied and had contact with females. You are doing a group project not a pajama party. Even if you are shy you should just go and do the project, it's not like they will eat you up (and if they try you should report) who knows you can even start a friendship with them? The otaku community is getting bigger and bigger, go try! If even so you can't get in a group just tell the professor and he will make a group like in Watemote!

No! Even if you do a carrier test you shouldn't go do exactly what it says! You don't see me studying law just because my carrier test said it was what most suited me, I hate law (got some subjects in my last degree try)! Take a look at that sheet again and a paper and pen, write down all the interesting things that you see there and some that aren't there and start searching for real what they do, how they become and a short course or part time job on that are just to see, or just a person who acts upon that.

3. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Astarte667, I hope you make a decision you won't regret. Saying you won't regret it might seem easy now, but you might find yourself 5 years from now thinking, if only I did something else back then....

Good luck and be thankful that you have parents who support you through college. It's harder otherwise.

Also as a last note, do try not to compare yourself with others too much, I know it's hard but once you focus on what you're doing and not what others are....it makes it easier to get things done. Competition is good to improve yourself but if you end up beating yourself without improvement it becomes detrimental.

4. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Any psychology students on here? Let's try to analyze OP's mind! /jk/

Anyway, do what you want. You'll get what's coming to you.

5. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but like I said, I think that most people are dumb as bricks. But that isn't relevant to whether intelligence is related to education or not.

At best education would serve to stimulate the mind and provoke thought. But it's not some kind of "x amount of eduction = x intelligence"

p.s. first time I've had to go to page 2 ever since I maxed the number of posts / pages to max.

6. kraven

kraven Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's feel good being a NEET (eat, sleep, surf net/playing games all day/night... routine). I was a NEET 7yrs but i really regret it that i didn't finished my studies much earlier. Your parents will not be around you forever, when they got old and they can barely do anything, they will need financial support and someone to take care of them (old people get sick easily). When your parents having a hard time in life and one of them died (all people will die anytime, but we don't know when or where) you will regret it when you didnt gave them an easy life when you have a chance. Well if your family is rich then just care and love them.

My advice to you is just persevere and finish your college. Actually it's feel much better being a NEET if you're a college graduate than NEET that didn't finish college. If you're college graduate you can still hangouts to your friends sometimes if you didnt graduate you will feel ashamed of yourself.

The two lessons that i learned in life are take care and love your parents when you still have a chance and it's pretty much easier being a NEET if you're college graduate.

yuzuki likes this.
  7. Little Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    However intelligence isn't needed to survive in society... education for a large part is. Although that doesn't apply to everyone, although the people it doesn't apply to usually have fairly high intelligence.

yuzuki likes this.
  8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    You seem to forget that you still need effort to actually gain anything from the education.

9. Skool

Skool Sword Immortal Heavenbreaker

Reading List:
    Link
    you know,if this thread is this popular, maybe you can make it a series thread?
    Today i became a Neet
    Tomorrow i became a Neet lvl.2
    The Day after tomorrow ,comes apocalypse
    Today after apocalypse, i somehow become cultivator
    Day 2 after apocalypse, somehow i got cheat like ability, and zombie doesn't attack me
    Day 3 after apocalypse , i found survivor, and they want some of my hard earned supplies i got,Not without a price!
    Day 4 after apocalypse , these useless survivor ,is making me angry, i will lead the zombies to their base

and so on>?
    and you can get a job as novelist, surprise not a NEET anymore!

Ry Aru, NZPIEFACE and Little Dragon like this.
  10. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    You still don't understand? Do you mean when she marry someone she love is considered as a prostitution?

Of course not, if she want to married, she have to be with someone that she want to be with.

11. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. If you're marrying someone for money, aren't you doing what a prostitute does? Offering sex for material gains ?

Astaroth likes this.
  12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    At least not beyond a certain point, I mean if your cognitive functions are so terrible you can't even think at all then obviously you won't be able to function.

And while I don't disagree with what you're saying that's not really relevant to what I replied to: Whether or not you can be dumb even if you're educated and vice versa.

Where did this come from? You'd obviously have to actually listen to the lectures, read the books, or whatever that's relevant to learn.
    What did I ever say to suggest otherwise?

The whole suggestion was basically to marry someone and then divorce and get half of the money so obviously this wasn't about love.

13. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I think I misunderstood something you wrote.

14. Little Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh.. In that case I agree. People are born dumb...

NZPIEFACE likes this.
  15. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a gold digger as my culture calls them.

NZPIEFACE, Little Dragon and Astaroth like this.
  16. 00petar00

00petar00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason i said to follow the heart is that you may regret your decisions but at least you'll be able to live with them ?
    I also think that it is a wrong decision to just quit college like this at the last year.
    It is up to what she wants to do, sometimes one year at a place you hate can be like hell to you and something no one should endure.

At least the reasons have been specified now.. It all comes down to bullying and girls ignoring her?
    By quitting college you just let them win, i know how bullying is as i did bully people when i went to highschool and i know how it feels to people that get bullied.
    The only ones who'll be happy are the people that bully you and if they figure out that you quit because of them, they'll just laugh about it and forget about you while they will finish the college.. Is this how you want it to happen?

Also about your sister, you should not be jealous of her and just decide the way you want to live, you can't really say that her life will be greater then yours. It all comes down to you and how you want to live your life and how fulfilled you are.

And seriously i don't know how these NCAE work as english is my third language but your father is a principal, how could he have allowed you to pick some college that will not be that useful to you? what's the point of going though it. Your college probably has some use but was it worth it? Your father should have explained it all to you..

17. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Does marriage is always about money and sex? That's all is just a bonus. The main point of marriage is spending life together until death apart.
    Why I said to her that she should marrying someone is because she want to spend her life in her house. So if she could become a housewife..why not?

18. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem, perhaps I was the one who originally misinterpreted what was meant to be conveyed, but at least I hope I've cleared up what I meant myself.

19. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, all this and we're talking about how the OP should get married, when the OP isn't here anymore.

Astaroth likes this.
  20. Little Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    You did. Honestly I should've read what you were responding to to get more context.

Astaroth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.