Spoiler Today, I have yet to become a Doll

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twilight_123, Mar 4, 2023.

1. twilight_123

twilight_123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

When the world became a game map, and one after another, humans began to transform into dolls.

In the beginning, Bai Youwei thought it was a prank by the aliens. Until the moment where she was sucked into a vortex of light, and a clear robotic voice sounded in her ears—

Ding! Welcome to The Dolls’ Game! The rules of the game are as follows:

If you refuse the game, you will become a doll!

If you lose the game, you will become a doll!

If you clear the game, you will be rewarded!

Bai Youwei trembled while jumping into Shen Mo’s arms. “I’m scared! I’m just a weak girl who cannot tie a chicken (has no abs in hand)…” (T/N: tying a chicken and abs are homophones of (fu ji) in Chinese)

Shen Mo pulled her little hand and placed it on his abs. “Now you have some.”

Game System: “Warning! Warning! Please respect the game, and clear challenges seriously, don’t focus on dating here!”

Associated Names

Dollpolcalypse
    今天也没变成玩偶呢

Language
    Chinese

Author(s)
    Hua Hua Liao
    花花了

Artist(s)
    N/A

Year

Status in COO
    1031 Chapters + Extras (Completed)

NU Link~https://www.novelupdates.com/series/today-i-have-yet-to-become-a-doll/

~~~

Spoilers for this one pwease:meowpuffyblush::blobturters:

The reviews are pretty good:blobicecreamlove:

Drop some:aww::aww::aww:

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. twilight_123

twilight_123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some reviews from NU...

By @Dancing_Rain

Very interesting. Just like Earth has gone online (Bl) but with female MC (Boy Girl romance)

I dont know how to descripe this type of novel. Maybe apocalyptic?

The MC is disable. Paralyze on wheelchair. But with the help of ML she had no difficulty in movement most of the time.

This is a rare novel where even though the ML and the MC 98% together most of the time, MC shines more. She had a really cleaver mind. Most people are in the edge of despair of what the world had become but she was enjoying it (?). Since she found the meaning/value of her life. Unlike before when she was disable and scorned by people.

The ML was by no means weak. He came from a high background family and was a major or something (?) I dont remember since it had been quite a while since I MTLed. He was a kind of super soldier.

In the early part of the novel, you may find the MC annoying especially how she acted around the ML, often throwing tantrum. Well in the world where weakness was a sin, she was just insecure. Deep down she might felt that she was a burden to the ML. No matter how smart she is, in the end she was physically disable, therefore she need ML to survive.

The ML worth your admiration. I never found the shortcoming of the ML. He is devoted and caring to the MC. Very different from other romance novels. More humané I guess. I really like the ML as much as I like the MC.

They are just two completely different people. The ML was raised in a warm family. He never lacked care. Opposite of the MC. They also had different views of the world. ML wanted to find the way to end this doll world while MC... had just find the comfort in it. Besides that, ML was not a cold blooded person, I always wonder if the ML was given the choice to choose between MC and the peace of the world where all people longed for, what will be his choice?  ̄へ ̄

Another pros of this novel is the interaction between characters. The MC will find her teammates and build a strong team. Many supervisor paid attention to the MC because of her mind that ML was neglected (poor ML) then in a game where they were separated, ML shows his strenght and defeated a man the supervisor thought brilliant. It was really cool O (≧▽≦) O

In short wether the romance or the game that requires your brain to think, it was worth your time.

By @aegith

MTLed all 1000+ chapters and the 300+ extras.

Before this novel, I hadn’t dived into the genre of unlimited flow/death game, besides a few manga I read when I was younger (Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, etc). I will now proceed to read every single unlimited flow CN novel in hopes that any of them will be anywhere close to as good as this story. Like another reviewer said, it was SHOCKINGLY good.

One thing I especially liked was the character building and relationships. First off, I love the female MC and ML. Part of it is that I’m a sucker for characters with disabilities (like Guide to Raising a Sick Villain) but this story does an especially good job of developing the FL’s personality as a result of her disability. The relationship between the two also builds up gradually and doesn’t blast off out of nowhere. Also, I can’t think of another novel where I’ve liked so many (basically every single one) of the supporting characters. They were all incredibly well fleshed out and contributed to the plot in their own ways. Even the relationships between the side characters were great. I ended up liking the dynamic between some of the side couples even more than the main CP.

The games were very clever, and I liked how many of them were solvable by the reader prior to the author letting the FL reveal the answer. There’s a big sense of accomplishment when you can puzzle out the solution to a game or what the “twist” is on your own.

Romance 10/10, Action 10/10, Strategy/Mystery 10/10, absolutely recommend reading it. One of my favorites of all time now, and deserves a much higher rating imho.

By @honeybunny55

Shockingly good.

Like, I am shocked at how good this is. The summary is also pretty misleading. You think this will be a romantic story where the hero and heroine face danger and flirt the entire time. The heroine from the summary sounds like she'll be a silly, sweet young lady, right?

You are wrong.

The FL of this novel is not a silly sweet. She is actually a somewhat sadistic woman who is bitter, abrasive, rude, arrogant, prideful, and intelligent.

In fact, I suspect that a lot of people will not like her at the very beginning of the novel because of her attitude. But personally, I found her abrasive attitude quite likeable. The story begins very abruptly, tossing you right into a doll game at the very beginning. You see that the FL, while rude and self-deprecating in her speech and actions, is quite intelligent and can think outside of the box. This is especially noticeable with her first reward request which becomes extremely useful later on in the novel.

The FL continues to be a spoiled bit*h for a while until after the second doll game where I feel like her attitude gets toned down ever so slightly. She still has moments where she's a petty bit*h to the ML but for some reason it didn't actually bother me much? Like sure I felt a little annoyed sometimes, but at the same time, considering her background and her life, it was hard to stay mad at her.

I mean, realistically speaking, she was paralyzed at the age of 12 and her parents basically abandoned her after they divorced and had their own families. So while she didn't lack in material comfort, she basically had nobody around her other than a nanny or whatever starting from a very young age. This, coupled with becoming paralyzed and being unable to even go to the bathroom on her own, makes it hard to stay angry at her. So, to be frank, the reason why she's so abrasive and why she enjoys the doll games honestly makes a lot of sense to me. Although sometimes I found her to be somewhat annoying, because I'm also a pessimistic b*tch, I honestly kind of liked her attitude LOL.

The way the ML describes her as a horny hedgehog is honestly pretty accurate. She does have character growth later on though, and I thought her end decision in women-only game was pretty touching.

While I did like the FL right off the bat for her b*tchy attitude, I honestly wasn't a huge fan of the ML's attitude/personality at the very beginning. He was a little too indifferent, and he also felt a little too idealistic at the beginning as well, coupled with the fact that he doesn't bother to understand the FL and her humiliation, nor does he make much effort to, made me have a slightly bad attitude towards the ML. Obviously he has no obligation to understand any of this, but he doesn't quite understand the humiliation the FL feels with the fact that she basically can't do anything on her own due to being disabled. So while I do think her temper tantrums are pretty dumb sometimes and that she can definitely be a spoiled b*tch, I guess for me I was able to forgive that because the moments are pretty brief and become sparse as the novel goes on. I mean let's be real here, if I was her, I'd probably be frustrated too.

Anyways the only reason I wrote so much about the FL is because I worry that people will put this book aside because they dislike how abrasive the FL was initially. Personally, I definitely feel that she gets better, and I think the ladies-only game is where you really see it.

The FL is smart, and the ML is also quite clever and strong on top of that. The two work together in an excellent team, which can be seen in multiple instances not just when they're trapped in a game, but also just in general when confronting new people and new situations.

I do agree though that the plot armor comes out quite a bit, particularly in the games and in the mazes. But that doesn't matter too much to me.

I think what I appreciate the most is that some characters you find annoying, or some characters you worry will be enemies in the future, end up having quite a bit of character growth and you end up growing to like them more than you expected. This is particularly true with some of the female characters that are introduced.

I think the best thing so far is that I'm 491 chapters in and you don't have any of that BS cannon fodder female crap where the girls are chasing after the ML and tripping up the FL just because the ML takes care of her. Ain't nobody got time for that when death is just around the corner.

My favorite part of this novel though is probably the progression between the ML and FL. They work tacitly together because, although they do have different personalities, they are also quite similar in a lot of ways as well. As a pair, they match up extremely well and have this tacit, wordless understanding between the two of them. They don't love each other from the beginning, in fact, they kind of hate each other at first, but as they get closer due to the things they encounter, their interactions become sweeter and cuter without much thought. It's pretty amusing to see that as the novel goes on, the FL becomes accustomed to touching the ML's abs and he just sorta lets her and at one point even encourages her to touch his abs to make her feel better. She becomes more and more invested in his life and death not because she needs him to carry her disabled body around, but because she cares about him.

Anyways the progression of their relationship has been fun to watch, and the games have all been interesting. The chapters are also pretty short, so it's pretty easy to blaze through these chapters, especially because you really wanna know what's gonna happen. So even though the novel has a 1000+ chapter price tag on it, I haven't gotten bored at all, which is pretty surprising because recently I can barely stomach stories that pass the 150 chapter mark LOL.

Additionally, there are a number of characters who die that, while I didn't cry, I did feel pretty sad about their deaths.

In any case, this story ended up being way more interesting and honestly, it's more thought out than I expected LOL. I would definitely recommend it, even if it's just for the fun character interactions between the FL, the ML and their rag-tag team of people. I'm definitely invested in seeing just how this novel ends.

There are too many of them...check out the nu link for more~posted above....n all of them hv mostly rated full 5 stars...hoping to get some future spoilers:cookie::meowpuffytears::meowflower:

4. lliivx

lliivx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this novel is sooo good man

5. Seshiru99

Seshiru99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, can i know the fl's age?