Chinese Tomorrow Hasn't Arrived (明日未临)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Adrifting, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Adrifting

Adrifting Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 明日未临 (Tomorrow Hasn't Arrived / THA)
    (Literal Translation - Tomorrow is not here)
    Raw Link: https://book.qidian.com/info/1014270006
    NU Link: (none)

Why It Should Get Picked Up: In the vulgarist of terms for a translator, it'll get a lot of readers if anyone picks this up. I've read a lot of web novels and I can confidently say that this is one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read and it deserves to be translated. It has such an interesting premise and is very different than most web novels I've read in the science fiction, world saving / apocalypse, or the urban / tycoon / do-over?genres.

Description: (From Qidian - mtl translated - sorry....)

In 2130, the sun went out of thin air and the earth surrounded the frozen world.

Lu Yuan(路远 - fun name), the last senior survivor of the Frozen Era, returned to 2125. He has five years to change all of this, accompanied by the auxiliary light brain that followed him back to the past.

In the end, Lu Yuan decided to save the world with games.

Tomorrow is not here (name of the game), after the sun goes out, post-apocalyptic games, nuclear fusion technology, artificial intelligence robots, moon bases, Martian cities, everything that has not been completed in reality, will first complete their technical preview in the game.

Scientists, students, skilled workers, singers, and even all people who have hope for the future choose to enter this game one after another, just like navigators running to the sea without regret.

Lu Yuan: I put the future of mankind in this game.

(Book Friends Group: 232940815)

------------------------------

It's as good as I remember reading Superstars of Tomorrow and Star Rank Hunter. Now I read this during peak Covid-19 season and it couldn't have come out at a better time. Nowadays people may be a little bit weary.

However, while reading this I got the idea in my head to make a youtube video on this because it was that good. I enjoyed reading it using google mtl, because it was that good. Imagine how good it would be when translated.

I've also done my research and I've yet to find any chapters translated on any site, aggregate, machine translated, it's just the raws on qidian.

It's strengths:

The subject matter and plot is amazing, it's definitely not the novel that I expected it to be. (Games or Apocalypse, it's mostly urban/city I think?) The writing and direction for the story was strong. It contained some amazing characters and a general sense of tension. Volume 5 takes place in an interesting environment and the entire premise of the novel and execution is just phenomenal.

Some weaknesses:

Now admittedly I foresee this being a divisive novel of praise and criticism due to the way the author integrated romance and science fiction. Certain parts of Volume 1 and 2 may feel like a bit of a slog and other passages can be quite weak, however the overall plot is just amazing. The ending is not the strongest, but the story does feel appropriately lengthened and has a decent ending.

I'm currently releasing a sneak peak of the Introduction to Tomorrow Hasn't Arrived video series (明日未临, until it gets taken down for a little bit (because of scheduling). I will say I personally sat on reporting this series for selfish interests (6 months?) and yes I'm also writing this review for selfish motivations. (It's a kind of targeted advertisement). So do report me or let me know and I'll take this post down. I still hope that this novel finds more readers and that if this does get taken down. Someone else will post it again. Good luck to any translators and I hope people enjoyed reading this as much as I did

Summary and Tags of Tomorrow Hasn't Arrived (THA) Introduction Series #2 - YouTube

I'm new to posting so apologies for any other rules that I might have broken. Here goes nothing.

Astaroth likes this.
  2. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the reason it's not getting picked up is because it's Qidian. They'll tell the translators to take it down or sue or something like that. You just gotta wait for Qidian to translate it :/

3. Adrifting

Adrifting Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always was worried that the Qidian licensing would prevent others from picking it up. Honestly speaking, the novel is brand new, written around 2019 and finished late 2020. I only suggested this because it's buried in the site and it's genuinely an amazing novel. It's a manageable 768 chapters I think and a good side or main project for translators.

kurousagi4242 likes this.