Forgotten Title Too many dragon books

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by RiverCity, Feb 12, 2022.

1. RiverCity

RiverCity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So like everyone I’ve probably forgotten many titles that I probably should have written down. I can’t remember if this particular book was an original or if it was a translation so it might not be here on NU and actually be somewhere else. Also I found this book a long time ago, like at least a couple years ago long.

like many stories this one’s main character is a dragon. A Western dragon to be exact. The problem is that so many books have dragons that I can’t find this no matter how I try to look it up.
    Warning: I’m not great at remembering titles but I am good at remembering storylines. This will contain spoilers.

The story begins with our male main character reincarnating as a dragon and waking up all alone in the forest. As an any good fantasy forest there are elves. A brother and sister pair become his friends. I think at this point he also learns to become human. This might also be a plot point later instead. He needs a dragon who is looking for her younger brother. He gives her some tips on what humans look like because apparently the number of fingers are wrong as dragons have 4 claws and therefore when transforming forget one finger unless they learn otherwise. He learned this because he met a powerful adventure who tells him about this and ask him if he’s a dragon since he’s a random kid in the woods. This adventure also warns him about other things a dragon should be careful about. Naturally he is soon caught anyway and taken to a young lady‘s house and made their pet. He is mistaken for a girl because he’s calm. Because this family is kind he soon becomes fast friends with them. He reveals he’s human and gets to know the guards and helps train with them. he gets to know the Butler who he likes to call Sebastian. He becomes an adventure he watches the little girl grow up and he is soon a very loved part of this family. (By the way the past life seems to be very important. There are many flashbacks about his fiancé? Wife? Girlfriend? An important female counterpart. As well as his two younger siblings who he had to raise on his own) The little girl now all grown up seems to have a crush on him. And a little boy we also met seem to have a crush on her. He decides to go visit his old friends the elves. While there he takes a nap. He comes back to his home to realize many many years have passed. He promised to return but he comes back to an old lady with dementia instead of the young girl. He meets her husband the young boy who used have a crush on her. As well as her granddaughter. He vows to do better this time. He reunites with the dragon girl who turns out to be his sister! He is reunited with his dragon family. He also meets a now old adventure as well as his daughter who develops a crush on him. Having experienced missing out on the life of another young girl who was in love with him he is hesitant to shut her down completely but at the same time he is unwilling to give her a chance because of his past life and his devotion to his love then. It is at this point that I no longer know what happens and I wish I did! Therefore the reason I search for this elusive book.

does anyone know where this is? Was it deleted and thats why I can’t find it even though I would usually save the book?

2. berithjah

berithjah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing that rings a bell is a manga series (that has a light novel): Ibara No Dragon Road. I only read the manga, and the first bit of your description seems to map to it well.

- Reincarnated as dragon
    - Wakeup all alone in forest
    - Learns to become human
    - Missing one finger due to 4 claw dragon discrepency

The problem is the manga stops when he gets into the desert and is starting to rescue some slave trafficed beast girl -- so it seams you may have read a lot further if it is indeed the same.

3. RiverCity

RiverCity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

If the one you’re talking about is the book that shows up when you do a Google search and he meets a lizard and specialized in poison, unfortunately that’s an example of why I can’t find the other book. There’s too many that are similar in theme. Although that one is also a good book! The book I’m looking for doesn’t have a system in it. Or other game like screens.

Thank you for trying to help! (You’re the first person to comment or perhaps even see this. )

4. Sienna21

Sienna21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could it be this...?
    Reincarnated as a Dragon’s Egg ~Lets Aim to Be the Strongest~

5. RiverCity

RiverCity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats the same one I found looking up what berithjah said it might be. So unfortunately not the right one. The names don’t match though so dragon road might be what I’m searching for but I can only find dragon egg when I search for the title.

6. Sienna21

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh...I thought it would be it because the MC did wake up in a forest alone. Anyway, I'll be on the look out if I come across something similar and post it here.

7. Sienna21

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok @RiverCity I think this might be it. I believe there was a butler involved when I read this manga. *crossing my fingers*

Evil Dragon Reincarnation ~Even If I Am Reincarnated into the Other World I Am I~

8. RiverCity

RiverCity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahah. Cry. Thank you for trying. No slimes where involved in the one I’m searching for. And both stories you’ve mentioned so far have slimes as secondary main characters or antagonists.

9. Sienna21

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I combed through my list and hopefully this might be it. *crossing fingers*

White Dragon Lord

10. RiverCity

RiverCity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry not this one either. (Although it’s one I haven’t read yet and looks interesting! So thank you for a new book to read!)
    So in the book I’m looking for family is super important to this character but their parents died early so he’s raising his two younger siblings and he gets a girlfriend (or is it a fiancé? anyway. ) This is also super important as she is part of the reason he doesn’t seem to be interested in girls in the current world that he’s stuck in as a dragon. At one point he siblings didn’t get along with his fiancé or girlfriend which ever it was, but they eventually became a really close family. The white dragon book you just taught me about talked about his parents and how siblings would take care of them. Considering the book I’m looking for that they’re dead that doesn’t work.

in case it wasn’t obvious this is definitely a western fantasy style also nothing with cultivation or eastern fantasy. Although I guess dragons turning into people originally started with eastern fantasy. Anyways, if you can think of any questions that I can answer that might help narrow things down feel free to ask.

11. Sienna21

Reading List:
    Link
    @RiverCity
    Hmmm...it looks like I'll have to check my comics lists. :hmm: Perhaps I'll recognize the cover. I'll get back to you then. Btw, glad I found one by accident that you can read while you wait for the novel you're looking for. I'll find it somehow. :blobhero:

12. Sienna21

Reading List:
    Link
  13. RiverCity

RiverCity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A good try but this is also not the one. For some clarification at the time that I was reading my mystery book it did not have a harem or mature tag. It also didn’t seem to involve a lot of kingdom building and as a reincarnated person he wasn’t really introducing anything like modern technology or cuisines.

there were references to other books though that we’re out at the time. Such as the reference to the Butler being similar to Sebastian.

14. Sienna21

Reading List:
    Link
    @RiverCity
    Ok, how about these titles...?
    - Semi Datte Tensei Sureba Ryuu Ni Naru
    - Super Dragon Evolution
    If not, I'll keep looking and delve in deeper in my list.

Not related but just for kicks...you might have fun with this read. ;)
    - Weed Reincarnation ~ Carefully Raised in the Elf Village ~

15. RiverCity

RiverCity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for trying. Unfortunately neither are what I’m looking for. Both of these have bug main characters. I’m very much looking for human to dragon. The first is a bug to dragon and the second is a human to bug then evolution. So in order to help some more things I noticed that might narrow down the search criteria.
    1 I’m not looking for a short story and the chapters where translated or written past ten or more chapters at least (although I don’t remember exactly how much was already translated/written I’m guessing much more then ten chapters considering how much content I remember and the size the chapters must have been. I’m being conservative though and so I’m guessing a low start of ten. Plus the possibility that any chapters might have been deleted and the story needed to be revised and rewritten or retranslated)
    2 no evolution or systems where involved in the story
    3 the MC would have probably been considered aligned lawful/good or neutral/good if we had been playing D&D (also no pervert protagonists, harem, mature content, fan service, etc. if you couldn’t let a younger sibling parent or spouse read this book with you it’s probably not it. Also horror and any LGTB content was as far as I’m aware not in the book or if they where they came in much later. )
    4 the book was either an original or a translation from Japanese, Chinese, or Korean a novel
    5 I feel this is obvious but just in case this is not include sci-fi or futuristic technology same deal with sports and medical stories.

Thank you for anyone who is reading this forum and especially those who where willing to help me find this. Even though we have yet to find the right book I’m glad for your help and enjoy it when you give me books I might be interested in despite it not being my original target.