Recommendations TOP 10 CGDCT MOE ANIME OF ALL TIME

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Lswarmruler, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, this list is solely based on my subjected opinion. As everyone has their own taste and there are many good Cute Girls Doing Cute Things (CGDCT) anime out there.

I made this thread to just give you some suggestions of some good CGDCT anime that you may missed.

1. K-ON! (https://myanimelist.net/anime/5680/K-On)
    Yui-chan, Mio, Tsumugi, Ritsu, and Azu-nyan join together in "Houkago Tea Time" highschool music band. The whole two seasons, the OVAs, and the Movie sequel are all super awesome. I think this anime is the most well known cgdct anime of all time, and this anime is the easiest recommendation if people asked what moe anime means... If you have watch all K-ON! Anime, but haven't read the manga, I suggest you to read the manga too. As in the manga there are continuation after the girls graduated from High School, studying and joining club in University, and also what happen to Azu-nyan after left alone in "Houkago Tea Time".

2. Mitsuboshi Colors (https://myanimelist.net/anime/35078/Mitsuboshi_Colors)
    This anime is my AOTS last Winter 2018 and currently my favorite CGDCT anime of all time.The story is about 3 cute girls,Yui, Kotoha, and Sacchan having fun adventure around their city. They create Colors team with the purpose to protect Akihabara. They play game, solve detective case, tease cop, or just take a nap together in their hideout. Well, the story may not seem that special, but the way the girls carry out the story is what make it so special.

Well, you may have seen a lot of CGDCT anime, but what make this anime different is the 3 girls characters are acting like a real life girls in their age, which is around 9-10 years old. They are all act so naive, simple, and just having fun, but still have their own interesting personality.

I think Mitsuboshi Colors is the ideal example of what cgdct anime should be: 1. Super kawaii lolis each with their own unique but believable characters. 2. Full of fun and funny moments without any melodramatic scene. 3. Unique non-cliche moving plot.
    Here is my review about this anime : https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=270055

3. Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? (Gochiusa) (https://myanimelist.net/anime/21273/Gochuumon_wa_Usagi_desu_ka)
    Gochiusa is my favorite cgdct anime before Mitsuboshi Color was aired. Gochiusa is about cute lolis having fun running "Rabbit House Cafe" coffee shop. Cocoa is the hyperactive friendly newcomer, Chino-chan is the most adorable dandere loli ever (its really hard to choose between her or kanna-chan, the gothic dragon loli), Rize is the tomboy (but love cute thing) girl, Sharo the insecure girl, and Chiya the perfect sweet japanese traditional girl. Beside the characters, what stands out from this anime is the gorgeous animation of the city the characters live in. The city is so beautiful like in classic europe setting.

Oh and if people compare Gochiusa to newer Blend S anime, imo Gochiusa is far above it. As Blend S Characters felt so superficial plus there are 2 annoying male mc there, which make it not a genuine cgdct anime. Even tho in Gochiusa there are 2 male characters, but both of them are supporting characters, one is Tippy, angora rabbit the mascot of "Rabbit House Cafe" and the other is Chino's dad which only appear after the credit ending.

4. Nichijou (https://myanimelist.net/anime/10165/Nichijou)
    Well Nichijou is already pretty famous anime. As it is not only a cgdct anime, but also god-tier comedy anime equal to Gintama, Saiki Kusuo, Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro, etc. Nichijou is about 3 highschool girl: Mio the stereotypical cheerful MC, Yuuko the aho, and Mai the intelligent troll. And in different setting, live 3 other mc: Nano the insecure robot, Sakamoto the middle age talking cat, and Hakase, the annoying little brat who is apparently a professor who creates Nano.

What makes this anime so stand out is the over the top comedy depicted in over the top animation. Which is little bit hard to explain, as you better enjoy watching it yourself. Yes, this anime is one of the must watch anime of all time imo.

5. Chio-chan no tsuugakuro (https://myanimelist.net/anime/35821/Chio-chan_no_Tsuugakuro)
    This anime is definitely my AOTS right now Summer 2018 (beside High Score Girl) as this anime is God Tier Comedy anime, equal level as Gintama, Nichijou, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan, and Senyuu.
    Chio is PC Gamer addict, every night she played assasin creed, counter strike, fallout, PUBG, etc, that in return makes her often woke up late to her highschool. The plot usually revolve around chio or her friends got trouble and chio try to use her game knowledge to solve the problem, and her way is truly out of the box which make it so funny to watch.. For example one time she got in fight with a bike gang leader and act like assasin and resolve with the gang leader fall in love to her.

There are two main characters in this anime Chio and her best friend Manana. Chio is a hardcore gamer highschooler, truly imaginative, and creative in resolving the problem she got into. But she is also what you called a little piece of shit. Kinda similar as Gabriel in Gabriel Dropout. Manana is Chio best friend. But also a piece of shit like chio. She even dump chio to get a new friend, lie about herself, and call down others, but it always backfired. If i want to make comparison Chio and Manana relations is same as Mio and Yuuko relations in nichijou. In short this anime is Nichijou + Gaming.
    Here is my review of Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=285382

Oh, and nowadays people like to compare this anime to Asobi Asobase as coincidentally they are aired in the same season. But imo this is so ridiculous, as Asobi Asobase is not even a God Tier anime. Asobi Asobase plot mostly revolves around 3 highshoolgirl playing sadomasochistic traditional game, thats it. The plot is so restricted, and the humor are mostly too crude and rude.

6. Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (https://myanimelist.net/anime/35838/Shoujo_Shuumatsu_Ryokou)
    This anime is my AOTS last Fall 2017. It is about 2 girls' (chiito and yuuri) journey in post apocalyptic world. What makes the story special is because of the nihilistic life lesson that the girls discuss from what the experience in their journey, meeting remaining survivor, robot, and even creature out of this world
    well that doesn't sound fun right? but well this anime is actually both sad and fun in the same time. Sad because of the setting and plot, fun because of the chiito and yuuri's interactions. Chiito is always try to be rational even though she is so shy. And Yuur is so eccentric, and somehow always found a way to almost kill chito accidently. The interaction between the two is pure gem. They help each other to stay positive in the end of the world, where almost nothing is positive.

The design of characters is moe blob, reminiscing of Hidamari Sketch anime. Oh, plus near the ending the girls meet the cutest characters mascot ever: Nuko, which has KanaHana as VA
    Here is my review about this anime : https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=264981

7. Lucky Star (https://myanimelist.net/anime/1887/Lucky☆Star)
    This anime is like the mother of moe, as Tsukasa is one of the oldest example of what perfect moe girl looks like. So, yeah this anime is about 4 highschool girl, Konata the otaku, Tsukasa the moe dandere, Kagami the tsundere, and Miyuki the dojikko megane. This anime is pretty entertaining even for beginner, but you need to be a full on otaku to understand all the references and enjoying this anime to the max.

8. Yuru Yuri series (https://myanimelist.net/anime/10495/Yuru_Yuri)
    Yuru Yuri is pretty succesful cgdct anime as it lasts for 3 seasons and several OVAs. 4 high schoolgirls: Akarin, Kyoko, Yui, and Chinatsu, create Amusement Club where they don't really doing anything meaningful, except teasing each other in yuri (lesbian) stuff. Well, just as the title said Yuru Yuri means slow yuri, so no real yuri acts is conducted. Outside the 4 girls mc, there are several other girls from student council which make this anime more entertaining.This anime is pretty fun tbh and for me the best part is there is not even one male characters in the all seasons.

9. Saki (https://myanimelist.net/anime/5671/Saki)
    This anime is about riichi mahjong tournaments played by yuri (lesbian) high school girls with superpower. So, yeah, just after watching the 1st episode i look up the internet how to play riichi mahjong in order to understand the plot. But i think this anime is still enjoyable enough even if you don't understand the details mahjong game, with its friendship and superpower plot. Plus if you at least understand the basic rule of riichi mahjong, you could go watch these pretty entertaining anime :

a. The Legend of Mahjong: Akagi, psychological thriller about playing high stake mahjong with mafia, betting character's own life. (https://myanimelist.net/anime/658/Touhai_Densetsu_Akagi__Yami_ni_Maiorita_Tensai/)
    b. Shoubushi Densetsu Tetsuya, almost similar to akagi but with lower risk, as usually mahjong gambling with money. But in this anime you could really learn how to cheat in mahjong (https://myanimelist.net/anime/3369/Shoubushi_Densetsu_Tetsuya)
    c. The Legend of Koizumi, do u want to know the outcome if Putin, Bush, Merkel, and Kim Jong Un play mahjong together? I bet you do. Just watch this 3 OVAs and read its manga then. (https://myanimelist.net/anime/6946/Mudazumo_Naki_Kaikaku__The_Legend_of_Koizumi/)

10. Azumanga Daioh (https://myanimelist.net/anime/66/Azumanga_Daioh)
    As a closing. I give you Azumanga Daioh, one of the ancestor of cgdct anime. This anime was aired in 2002 way old compared to all anime in this list, but still pretty fun to watch. Azumanga Daioh setting is in highschool with 8 girl mc: Sakaki the the quiet cool girl who love cat, Ayumu the stereotypical Osakan girl, Tomo the annoying hyperactive, Chiyo the genius loli tenkousei, Yomi the mature megane girl, Kagura the sporty girl, Minamo the popular friendly teacher, and Yukari the immature casual teacher.

Well, as there are too many mc plus it is adapted from 4-koma, sometimes the story felt disjointed. And some of the humors are probably felt too old. Nonetheless this is the best comedy cgdct anime in its time, and still pretty enjoyable and entertaining too watch right now, even better for nostalgia. Plus the ending of this anime truly makes me cried, watching the girls graduating from highschool entering university.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    So, have you watched them all? what other anime that u think deserves to be on the list?
    Finally this list is done, next I probably make a list about top 10 Shounen Anime (Way Better than My Hero Academia)

Oh, and I am actually looking for a girlfriend to talk about anime, novels, and beyond. If you are single and interested just tell me. (Serious)

@Emmyy, @Tycheri, @Tramsloof

KazuKazu95 likes this.
  2. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh...how come Itoshi no Muco isn't on that list?

:blobrofl: I kid, I kid...

I'd like to know why Hidamari Sketch isn't on that list.

And if you're going to list Saki, then I counter with Acchi Kocchi and Humanity has Declined.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Lswarmruler likes this.
  3. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    My favorite cgdct anime is shoujo ramune

Lswarmruler and elengee like this.
  4. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikoku meiro no croisee

Lswarmruler and TamaSaga like this.
  5. Wryvent

Wryvent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aria the Animation series would be my favorite.

Sabruness and Lswarmruler like this.
  6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is that yogurt so ickey, onii-chan?!?!? :blobsleepless:

7. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    Try it online in flash game with winning examples below but beware it's addicting! http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

I only watched Lucky Star and Gochi Usa completely, I started K-ON as well as Nichijou but it was crazy so I took a break at episode 4 :blob_sunglasses:

Chio-chan no tsuugakuro is NOT moe girl doing moe things at all....:facepalm:

Lswarmruler likes this.
  8. Lswarmruler

Reading List:
    Link
    well if nichijou is cgdct anime, chio chan should be too, as chio chan is pretty similar to nichijou

hmm, I understand how to play riichi mahjong, but doesnt remember the high score winning pattern and how to calculate the score
    hmm, i havent watch itoshi no muco, what's it about? is it any good? well, I try to watch hidamari sketch, but cant stand watch a girl smoking. hmm for some reason I haven't really finish watching both Acchi Kocchi and Humanity has Declined.
    what's it about? is it any good?
    well, the animation is sure top notch.. but i felt the plot is too slow and cliche

9. onnyfp

onnyfp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This

10. Lswarmruler

Reading List:
    Link
    what's it about? is it any good?
    I totally don't get the reference

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    You'd have to see the 'hentai' he was referring to.

12. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Asobi Asobase > WTF are you girls doing!?

for me, Girls' Last Tour is more than CGDCT, it's one of the rarest gem full of positivity in a post-apocalyptic world, a simple but a philosophical anime, one of the rarest gems that aired during the year of 2017

13. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    Do it right NOW! Then edit your op post and put it in the top 3 :blobpopcorn_cool:

14. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s a historical manga, based around the industrial revolution era, about a young japanese girl that travels to France and experiencing life there. It’s not particularly dramatic nor realistic like Emma is. But it’s quite a happy anime but it’s own slice of life drama. Can be somewhat melancholic at times.

The MC lives in the house of a French boy, it doesn’t have a lot of female characters but you do see her interact with other girl characters.
    It’s mainly about the MCs life though. She’s goddamn adorable and I ship her with the guy she lives with. There’s pretty much no romance though. Just the authour teasing us.

15. Lswarmruler

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah tbh Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko is probably my AOTY of 2017, as I really love the anime, the tone, the characters, the humor, the plot, the animation, the music, too bad the ending of the anime isn:t satisying. And then I read the manga and found out the real ending is the two girls are mostly dead..:blobsob:

no, what i meant to say is i have watched it and cant finish it as male female romance is a big no in my cgdct critetia... good cgdct must focus on girls and no male mc is allowed.

oh really,, but i hate romance in cgdct tho, thats the reason why i havent watch it even tho I actually knew this anime..

16. KazuKazu95

KazuKazu95 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This anime is the very definition of CGDCT

But My all time CGDCT favorites are
    Minami-ke > This one is about three girls of Minami Family. It's just 4 seasons of full-on comedy.

Aria the Animation (and the sequels) > This one got a fantasy twist and more heartwarming than funny.

Lswarmruler likes this.
  17. Lswarmruler

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm, i tried to watch minami ke long time ago, i dunno the show felt to mature and not that fun, and i haven't even watch aria, as the synopsys alone make me felt the anime will be so melodramatic

18. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    20180721_164331.jpg

19. Lswarmruler

Reading List:
    Link
    here is mitsuboshi color full OP AMV
    [​IMG]

20. KazuKazu95

KazuKazu95 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mitsuboshi Colors is definitely one of the best. Their characterization of grade schoolers is realistic. The only flaw it has was the way they made me want Yotsuba& anime more (Azuma-sensei confirmed that it's impossible tho xD)

Talking about other CGDCT i'd recommend Yuru Camp, Yama no Susume, Hanayamata, and A Channel. Also Amanchu!