Top Management web drama (novel spoilers inside)

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Mnotia, Oct 29, 2018.

?

Should this thread get locked?

1. Yep and make sure you throw away the key

33.3%
  2. Nah, I feed off of conflict ( I aint got nothin else to do)

55.6%
  3. Logoff, you degenerates

11.1%
  1. ampersand

ampersand Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before you comment, please educate yourself on the difference between author and translator.

If you had half a brain, you'd realise that its been on hiatus in Korea since chapter 219. At least know what you're commenting about.

kkgoh, SifaV6, Igemona and 4 others like this.
  2. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    so koreans are making a korean show, based on a korean novel, where koreans will be doing what koreans are know for. Whats wrong with being korean?

Cosmic_ and Mnotia like this.
  3. Yaoikun

Yaoikun The other Red Siblings | Cursed Black Knight

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah I dont think ahead you nerd. I judge based off of the first thing that comes into my fucking head. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT OF ME PEASANT!!!???

DOTH THOU REQUEST THE SUNDERING CRIES OF MY SOUL????!!!!!!!

DO YOU WANT TO BUILD IT SO YOU CAN COME!!!???

Your stupid for expecting me to actually know what you were talkin bout or anyone else, stupid

5. ampersand

ampersand Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its funny because he's the one who's making such a big hooha about this but he doesn't even know the basics about the series, that its been on hiatus for ages now because the author kinda has writer's block and refuses to write if he's not inspired.

Kirikaize and Mnotia like this.
  6. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Gaahh... it looks like the only thing they're copying is the gimmick of seeing the future. (Which frankly, has already been done multiple times in kdramas, though not in music management settings.) I can see the actors who represent Im Seoyoung and LJ doing okay with their characters. (Although now the rapper is the maknae, which does kind of change the dynamic a little...) I don't think the female lead can pull off the "cold-looking but warm inside" vibe that Jung Sunwoo has. Also, no mention of a rival manager/traitor, which is problematic. Frankly, this feels more like a Boys Over Flowers or You're Beautiful kind of romantic comedy with a reverse harem rather than a real drama focused on the lives of celebrity managers.

7. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, whenever adaptations switch a gender, or really anything that is part of the character's lore, I immediately scratch it off as a potential show to watch. Sometimes changing things from the source material is fine, but when they change part of the premise for really no reason at all, other than some political or crappy screenwriters opinion, it has absolutely no value to me.

8. ampersand

ampersand Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. the info was in the link YOU provided, so the onus was on you to check.
    2. Hooha is an english word, look it up. At least you learned a new word today. Good for you. :rolleyes:
    3. Half a brain is better than the insults you've hurled so far in this thread.
    4. More like covering your own lack of knowledge by claiming it was a joke post. If you don't know, you don't know. Just admit it and move along. Not further show everyone in this thread how you lead such a sad and lonely life.

9. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    1. All you literally have to do is look up top management novelupdates on google and copy the link so I didn't check
    2. I knew what the word was, I was saying who even uses that word
    3. Also, insults are meant to make someone feel horrible. All I did was say joke stuff, you peasant.
    4. It was a joke post and I don't know.
    5. The only people I know that say "How you lead such a sad and lonely life" are complete dicks that have never truly found a person on the internet trying to be funny. It's like once someone says that they're just trying to make someones day bad or somethin. It's like you're trying to one up someone by saying that their life is horrible and which it probably could be. And fuck yea I got defensive about it cause I think I don't like you. Yeah yeah, I dont like you is just a way of saying "I dont know how to confront this person so Imma just say this" but I truly don't like you. With all of my being I do not like you. Sure you might respond to this with some witty remark but just know Imma respond back and that'll cause someone or one of us to try and to defuse the situation. You might even be thinking, "Why is this idiot responding back any way?" it's because I felt like I was being challenged so I had to accept it like the child I am. And yes, I'm trying to get a response back so I can just have an argument back and forth. It'll fuel my fragile pride.

I am a idiot that jumps to conclusions while you are dick that says unnecessary things to people that are idiots.

10. Lantyne

Lantyne [Apathetic Syndrome Stage 5] [Incurable] [Doom]

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe theres a hidden reason why they released it on 31 oct. They are taking trick or treat to a whole new level and will horrify us with this drama thats so different with the novel!!!!

Igemona and Mnotia like this.
  11. ampersand

ampersand Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Why is this idiot responding back any way?" Bravo, bravo. Master class on how to defuse a thread argument. Self criticism.

Mnotia likes this.
  12. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    It works every time

13. Yaoikun

Yaoikun The other Red Siblings | Cursed Black Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Please stop fighting.

Mnotia likes this.
  14. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I understand why they genderswapped the characters, because gals watch dramas, but i think it'll be awkward and might not be good acting because they got an idol involved.
    Nothing against idol actors, but i have dropped tons of dramas due to idol actors sucking at acting. I pray this will not be another one. Hopefully because they're idols they won't have hard time acting at their own real job XD

But agrees with lots of OPs points.
    Like reliable manager x cute idol gal i ship.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Mnotia likes this.
  16. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, here's the first episode released... what do you guys think?

Mnotia and kkgoh like this.
  17. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprised the first 3 episodes are free to watch and english subbed~ Too bad it looks like youtube originals can be only available in some countries though.
    I like that episodes are named after real kpop songs but seems it's meant to be clickbait to get more interest.

MC is pretty but still seem to not get over the fact it's genderswapped and not much of the manager rivalry mentioned in the drama, and probably there's more references to current trending stuff like produce 101 to make it more relatable.
    If I don't compare it to the novel, there's some funny moments I like like tsun Eun Seo and the hyung just rolling around on the floboard

18. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda expected that it's genderswapped and they reduced the scope so much.
    The current novel is pretty difficult to translate to a (16 episode?) drama.
    • You would have too many characters involved, each with too much screen time (Lee SongHa, Nam Jooyoon, and now Song Inho). Don't forget the various antagonists that the MC meets (the "traitor", various stage directors/producers, evil team leaders)
    • The various stages required for the entertainment universe is HUGE (worldwide shooting locations, different entertainment programs, and actually trying to replicate "Running Man"). And of course all of the ensuing plagiarism/licensing problems.
    • The key premise is basically just a manager that has visions of the future, specifically with entertainment.
    • A female MC with a male harem sells better on TV ("Meteor Garden", etc). End of story.
    • Unfortunately no one cares what webnovel fans might think. If this was a popular webtoon, the drama's writer probably wouldn't have messed with it that much and cut everything down to the bone.
    I'll admit my bias that I really hate boy-bands, grossed out after the first 15 mins and stopped watching.
    I don't even understand why the female MC had to be a trainee idol in the past. That somehow makes her a better manager rather than coming directly from a management school?? Pretty weak reason for her to become a manager. Would make more sense for her to be an ardent fan of the entertainment industry like Jung Sungwoo was.

immortaltear and Mnotia like this.