LCD Top Management

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jun 9, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the feeling that this conversation will directly lead to her taking up acting. The odds of her problems with acting being related that group of idiots is quite high at the moment.

2. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Read this today. I can't help but think a bit of Skip Beat and I'm Really a Superstar. It's not as comedic, but seems to be quite good so far.

It has a supernatural spin in that the MC sees snippets of the future to guide him down the path. This could arguably go horribly wrong, but the jury is still out. Right now it's a 26 chapters, which for me sits on the border of being easy to catch up and enough to be worth reading, so if you are bored and looking for something to check out, give it a try.

3. Kamal

Kamal uhmmm... hmmm... are you serious?

Reading List:
    Link
    i would want to read it if there wasn't any drama. after reading many mangas i know what it means when there is a romance and drama tag.

hello man #2. jealousy.

but the synopsis is nice

4. xlefr7

xlefr7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll like this series. His supernatural ability allows him to avoid most drama, stuff he can't avoid he finds a way to fix. It's a really good read, I do agree it's like Skip Beat but not so much on IRaS unless you just mean the setting.

5. Kamal

Kamal uhmmm... hmmm... are you serious?

Reading List:
    Link
    so no extra love rival? if so, thats good. i don't like seeing a love triangle

6. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    So far there hasn't been much of that sort of thing. I mean there has been drama in the sense of celebrity lives having drama in them, but the MC himself hasn't had much to do with it. I'm actually surprised to discover it has the romance genre attached to it. I mean there are obviously female characters that the MC is connected with but it hasn't even developed to the point that either party seems romantically interested in the other, or if it has it's still minor and I'm not picking up on it. Seems more likely to go harem than anything else and even that doesn't seem extremely likely to me.

Yep, I mean the setting.

7. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Here, an "e" for you to replace the one you forgot.

e

---

Proper title aside, there will come a day when you'll be out of stuff to read and you'll be glad you waited that long to have enough chapters to binge on.

8. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    That would probably explain why nothing came up when I searched the LCD section. o_O:D:cry:

9. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    use the tags rather then spelling it out

10. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel like its something that happens when it was impactful to him in his future life like first day of work, something everyone has expectations for fails....something that made a big hit when thought to be worthless....becoming the manager of a famous actor...huge scandals. just like he has been reincarnated but only remembers the most impactful things in his life when he gets into the situations of what was impactful or when he hears about a scandal.

11. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Thing is he was already successful, wasn't he? Why offer the chance to change things at all. Is he just going to go from doing well to doing amazingly well. It's still interesting to read ... but eventually there will need to be something more. Also many of the events he remembers aren't necessarily have all that much impact. They discuss events with impact, but what he sees tends not to be those events themselves. An interview and a night out with colleagues certainly aren't events I would expect him to have the strongest impression of, but first hearing the news of the actors scandal or something like that sure. but an interview and a dinner?

12. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't have made a difference. I would have bypassed the tag search with the incorrect spelling before it brought up the tag. 'Cause that's exactly what I did when I tried a tag search after you said so and I'm not really willing to waste that much time checking if a topic exists. If you want me to do a tag search make the handy little search bar near the top of the page do a tag search without having to redirect. Or I could just stop searching all together and just post without caring whether or not something exists.

13. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess thats why its fuzzy its not really impactful but the information in it is..and in the future interview he said something about wanting to go higher or something plus what hes doing now is making his path to the top easier so i guess he'll get that position at an early age?

14. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really know. That's not a bad thing, but it can be worrisome, because if the end result isn't well done it could easily ruin the story.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Just think about how much longer and more involved the flash forwards would have needed to be to actually show that stuff happening in a way that he could understand. Showing the distillation and analysis of the impactful event is much more useful.

Also, if we're sticking to his perspective, then talking about it around the office is more memorable to him than it actually happening since he was just a bystander (for the failed series), the star's reaction and gratitude towards him is the same (for the scandal), the pressure of the upcoming audition is probably greater than the outcome of the audition (for the possible Hollywood piece), and so on. So from a writing standpoint, its about efficiency and from and in-world standpoint, its about personal impact rather than narrative impact.

As for his future: yes, it works out in the end originally, but life isn't a destination, its a journey. So even if he winds up in almost the exact same place, if he gets there on a much happier road, then I'd still consider that a win.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't believe this got dropped :(

It was one of the most unique series currently being translated.

17. myoniyoni

myoniyoni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TM is back~! :)

Ratatoskr likes this.
  18. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Its back. Its baaack!!
    Praise cthulhu.

19. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay! Was really sad it got dropped glad you decided to pick it up again.

20. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Sighs... I shouldn't read this thing. At least, I shouldn't read it regularly. Too many cliffies. I need to stock up a few dozen before reading...