LCD Top Management

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone here a patreon for myoniyoni? I've subscribed to them since 14.11.2018 but haven't got any advance chapter..

2. Kozchu

Kozchu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am and I get them every week, did you send the message to ask for the google drive? Because on patreon you sub for advance chapters for 1 novel but they dont know which one so you have to send a message and request the access with a gmail mail so you can access the google drive. The instructions should be on the patreon

3. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    I wrote " top management, my email" but haven't got a reply..

4. Kozchu

Kozchu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try joining the discord then to speed up the answer. It happened to me a few time to wait like 2 days before getting an answer but yeah in your case it has been 4 days so maybe you should try to pm an admin on discord

5. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx, I'll try that then

6. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think about the fact that the protagonist was changed into female?
    Given how Korean dramas usually go, she will get her wrist pulled
    Water poured over her head
    Pushed on the floor
    Possibly slapped :blobunamused:

8. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont read this novel though. I recently found it and i thought this LCD needs the news. Hehe
    Plus its a youtube drama as it said. I dont know how will this go. :blob_grin:

9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont read it either. I simply saw the news since I mixed it up with this novel
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/historys-strongest-manager/

10. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Any adaptation from the source material that changes gender because of politics or because the producer/director wanted to, should fail miserably.

In this instance there was literally no reason to change it and now they have pretty much ruined the entire premise and dynamic of the novel. The MC by definition is supposed to look something like a like a cold blooded yakuza type character. They will also have ruined the romance by the MC and heroine. Now it's probably going to be a bunch of pretty boys sucking up to and helping the unnecessary female MC. There is honestly little to no reason to watch it unless you haven't read the novel or are into reverse-harems.

chomer, The loner, KuroShiroe and 3 others like this.
  11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, it makes sense to target a female audience. Women pay for content while guys pirate.
    The community deserves it to be honest.
    It's made mostly of entitled brats.
    I hope it's successful though, well as long as they add enough flower boys they should be fine

12. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh, I don't know where you get that guys don't pay for content. I guess for a Korean drama, maybe. But, any fan base full of guys, the majority pay for the content. Otherwise, we wouldn't have stuff like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Call of Duty, etc. I mean the list literally goes on and on.

13. Scandalf

Scandalf ~Blood Raven~

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I can't really think of a good reason to change his gender either. I think at that point, it is not even an actual adaptation. It's just a plot inspired by Top Management. There were so many things that happened in this novel that only happened because the protagonist was a man and the group was a girl. All the shit the girl groups have to deal with that were in the novel will not be in the adaptation. Protagonist's relationship with Nam Joyoon will not be in the adaptation even though it was such a big thing for Chief Jung Sunwoo.
    In addition to that, all the interactions Jung Sunwoo had in the series with other people(like other managers, chiefs, team leaders, girl groups, actors, actresses, writers, producers and so on) only happened a certain way because of his gender as well. That means pretty much everything in this adaptation is going to be different than the source metarial. And I don't see the point of reading an adaptation that is only barely similar to its source when what I personally love is only available in the novel...

When I first saw this was being adapted into a drama, I was so excited too... Just to see that they made a scary looking male protagonist, a female in the adaptation. And a group of absolutely adorable girls into a male group as well... What the fuck am I gonna do watching this shit if there is no Chief Jung Sunwoo? If there is no Songha? It seriously makes me angry...

I think they fucked up pretty bad. Sure, Korean dramas have a lot more female audience than male but if this adaptation turns out to be shit, they will have only themselves to blame. At least if they kept things similar to the novel, if it flopped then they could still get away with it saying "People just didn't like it" "Actors weren't good enough" or something.

The loner, Cosmic_ and Delirious like this.
  14. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Gah. I forgot how unreliable his power is and how tense it is to await the results of his choices... Is this really the song that'll make them famous? Will he burn and crash? Urgha...

I mean, I know I should root and believe it's like any old novel and MC will have 100% success, but this novel keeps throwing out pessimism in spades and making me as pessimistic as the MC...

15. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    That latest chapter. Pessimism at it's worst. F*ck, man.

16. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    So smooth, Jung Sunwoo.

17. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that Jung Sunwoo realized his talent, I anticipate the day it would blossom and wonder how much he would f*uck up others... :aww:

Novel Life likes this.
  18. Novel Life

Novel Life Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same!! I can’t wait to see how he puts people in line when/if they mess with him or his team

19. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    Just amazing!

20. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh look at it go! He's getting compared to Son Chaeyoung and Son Chaeyoung is getting more attention!
    I'm curious what the author plans to do with Son Chaeyoung. Her character doesn't feel as irritating as before but the MC still has a bad image of her.