Spoiler Toradora Ending: Anime vs Novel

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Perez10, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Perez10

Perez10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, i know toradora is very old, but i recently saw the anime somewhere again (i think on netflix) and remembered that i liked it a lot in the past. I was thinking about buying all volumes of the novel, but only if the ending of the LN isnt as "awful" as the anime one.

These things in the anime were bugging me:

- Taiga leaving only put a letter behind instead of marrying the Mc (Ryuji). That absolutely made no sense at all. This alone ruined the anime i liked until this point, almost completely.

- The last scene that ruined it completely. I think after Taiga left for an absolutely nonsensical reason, i think it was to become a better person??? For all the time passed taiga didnt contact Ryuji even once. Time jump to graduation day, last 20 seconds of the anime, Ryuji goes to his classroom he is drawn to a locker he opens it in the locker Taiga is hiding, as if it wasnt nonsensical and idiotic enough until this point. And what does Taiga do after all this time where she hasnt seen Riyuji? She headbutts him and a monologue like in the first scene of anime is played the end. Taiga leaving to become a better person i think we can say mission accomplished after the last scene. Ryuji should have just chosen Ami.

Note: since i watched the anime a long time ago i might remember things incorrectly.

I wonder if anybidy will be able to help me, the novel and anime are quite old.

ChiliJam likes this.
  2. ChiliJam

ChiliJam Sunflower Goddess' Devotee

Reading List:
    Link
    I only remember that the fl is short...

Perez10 likes this.
  3. kalich411

kalich411 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    novel is very very good. Ending is different. There is a lot of missing parts in anime. So read it with satisfaction

Perez10 likes this.
  4. Perez10

Perez10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank You now i can read it at ease.