LCD Transcending the Nine Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. It's ridiculous how many times people say those lines again and again. And these people are usually considered to be geniuses!!! You'd think they'd have better vocabulary.

2. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Since you are one of the few rare people to understand how bad MGA and ATG are, I shall tell you, ISSTH is something every Xianxia person with a brain should read. It is the most enjoyable Xianxia for 1 main reason out of all the dozens of reasons you should read it; it isn't f*cking repetitive. How many times have you read Xianxias with competitions, auctions, and roflstomping MCs? ISSTH has all those, but it doesn't at the same time. Eventually, ISSTH breaks those Xianxia tropes in its own unique way. Even the side characters are memorable. You don't have a bunch of idiots or haremers stuck at the same level only to get a REALLY stupid powerboost so they can match the MC. Nope, you get actual growth since Er Gen doesn't go "My MC is the only character in the story."

No idea what IK is...

Anyways, TTNH is meh at the moment. I have no real love for it, but I don't hate it either. It's the same for Otherworldy Evil Monarch. Both have their good points, but it's still too early to make me love them.

BusyBee, Jaded and Saitama like this.
  3. SovereignSamiul

SovereignSamiul Hubby of Aina Seira & SARCASTIC SECT-MASTER

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so too.....nothing like a decent romance to make things more interesting.

Saitama likes this.
  4. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    TTNH has potential to be on the level of ISSTH. I think TDG and BTTH is a level below these two in terms of writing and plot

Saitama likes this.
  5. SovereignSamiul

Reading List:
    Link
    You couldn't be more right bro....!!!!
    Every able minded person should read ISSTH.....I thank DB everytime i read a chapter for introducing such an awesome novel to us......and also being so professional about translation

Saitama likes this.
  6. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    i love this ^
    I have a lot of hope for Otherwordly Evil Monarch it seems that he is planning to forever remain an assassin while being a political figure in public ​

Turbe likes this.
  7. SovereignSamiul

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently started to read this novel...and it's quite interesting ......I'm not sure which way the story will go.....but i hope it has some decent romance ......

Saitama likes this.
  8. Diedonetw

Diedonetw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH had a big and long foundation. Up to like chapter 80 it wasn't very interesting. I don't think there is place for comparison between TTNH with its 50 chapters translated, but personally it grabbed my interest and it's in my top 3 currently translated favourites

9. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read this yet because I heard it was being MTLed. Is that true and if not, how is the translation quality?

10. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not; I think he uses raws from a different language (not sure). and the quality is pretty good.

DarkArts likes this.
  11. SovereignSamiul

Reading List:
    Link
    it was at first ( i think) at another site.......someone good picked it up later and although his speed is quite slow....but quality is really good

DarkArts likes this.
  12. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. Thanks. I'm gonna put it on my list then.

13. SovereignSamiul

Reading List:
    Link
    Go ahead ...I'm sure you'll enjoy it

14. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH is really at the top so making comparaisons is useless.

For now, TTNH seems a little empty. Well, there's an interesting political background that seems to emerge but there's not enough variety in the novel to make it shine like an ISSTH. We will say it's just the beginning so it's not the right time to judge it.

TDG is, for me, very interesting and colorful as there's a lot of developpement : background, character's diversification and developpement, diversity in knowledges and good enough justifications in OPness -> this MC has, at least, a good reason to be OP since he already experiment a life in this same world -> like TTNH :)
    TDG is a colorful xanxia ! (for me, saying that something is colorful means it's rich and exciting ... don't know if it means anything fo others :/ )

And other conventional like ATG, MGS, CSG, TGR, PMG and BTTH are quite simple and not so exciting. It's just : to be strong and trample on everybody, people are all stupide and diabolic, have wronged the MC, and the MC is the center of the world, so well.... the only ones I think are interesting in all that are WDQK and MGA.

So, even if it's not at the level of novels like ISSTH, TDG, MGA, CD.... I think it has a lot of potential for improvement.

15. Sypfon

Sypfon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    by wordy, I don't mean dialogue between people. Where i am at, there really seem to be a lack of dialogue and mainly just description of anything. And i find those to be really wordy, and it really makes me skim over some paragraphs when it get to that.

16. 8Psycho

8Psycho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i was planning to read ISSTH eventually, but for now i'm reading SA raws...
    IK is instant Kill, yeah, i finished it btw, so i can rate it somewhere around ATG.

As for TTNH i haven't read latest translations, as i'm quite far into story already, so i cannot relate to your lack of enthusiasm. But from where i stand it the best xianxia i have read.

17. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    He's finally free of the sect and can show off his skills so I hope we see more of him in action soon.

18. SovereignSamiul

Reading List:
    Link
    yah....and he's an Oscar winning actor too....

19. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    IK is just around ATG? I reached some 500 chapters(i think)with the raws, but ended up stopping after he started doing the same stuff as the MC in MGA. IK is the same?

20. 8Psycho

8Psycho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much. Robbing, Killing, Indifference to everithing besides his own interests. Except there is no romance.
    MC was cute in the beginning, but did not escape fate of every non-standard xianxia MC -> to become standard xianxia MC.
    /// its about Instant Kill. Not TT9H
    I wanted to write a review, but.. too lazy