Feature Request Transgender Tag Request

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by sedelweiss, May 23, 2020.

1. sedelweiss

sedelweiss Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a number of people could benefit from the addition of a transgender tag. Yes, indeed, gender bender does exist as a genre. However, gender bender tends toward two three divergent experiences. The protagonist will either accept, reject, or be ambivalent towards the change. The difference in experience between a protagonist who welcomes the change and one who rejects it can be quite substantial.
    For example, compare the works of QuietValerie with Demon Sword Maiden.
    Substantial enough that the audiences will likely be different. I think adding a 'transgender' or similar tag that can supplement the existing genre designation will help to separate the two opposed experiences.

There we go. I feel uncomfortable making requests like this because I know that this will likely only benefit a small subset of people. Still, the idea has been in the back of my mind for a while, and I want it out. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Ophi-kun's Survival Teacher』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is a good tag, but can you link to any novel that would use it?

Shio likes this.
  3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    The tag will definitely be made if you can list at least 5 novels or so which should have this tag, along with a draft definition for the tag.

Shio likes this.