Question Translation Assistant 3.0 + Translation Aggregator

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by aridharma, May 13, 2016.

1. aridharma

aridharma Hikikomori NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a novel reader that already tired waiting my favorite novel(jap) get translated so
    'why not learning Japanese my self?'
    With Translation Assistant 3.0 + Translation Aggregator i try reading from syosetu .
    But after few days i found some problem. Translation Aggregator wont connect to Google (maybe with another site in future because some site change their domain or something). and my Translation Assistant 3.0 some time wont auto copy new sentence(i think this is minor problem).
    Can some one give new link for latest version or their official site?

2. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    the latest version of TA doesn't work with google either atm, gotta wait for the guy to update the api i guess

3. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just use v2.4.

3.0 doesn't even work for me.

If you don't mind non-aggregate, some users wrote a script for fixing the text blobs Google Translate gives. (For Chrome + Tampermonkey)

4. Jin Mori

Jin Mori Absentee MC

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of pure curiosity, what happens to be your favorite novel?

And honestly, even though I can read my favorite Chinese novels fine in their original language, I still enjoy waiting for the translations. It helps me limit my binge reading xD.

5. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't really help you, but I can suggest an alternative. If you use a browser (specifically, Chrome or Firefox), give Rikai-kun/Rikai-chan a try to help things out. It's slower than using GT, but more accurate if you have a rough understanding of Japanese.

6. Monkoto

Monkoto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hit that "Not auto-pasting your clipboard" issue from time to time. I just hold ctrl and tap the left arrow key a few times and it usually works (It has to be left, if you hit right it'll copy a segment of the sentence instead, up/down just doesn't work either).

The problem seems to occur the most when I go to the next sentence/line too quickly. It does happen on other occasions, but rarely.

Not connecting to Google.. well, yea.. use 2.4. 3.0 doesn't even open for me XD

~Monk~

7. aridharma

Reading List:
    Link
    Death march maybe. it have rather fast translation and i love slice of live genre(Death march have fastest update speed for slice of live genre). But i wont start with this novel. i try with another new novel because wit low MTL Skill i'll just spoil my favorite novel.
    i avoiding Chinese novels coz they give 'weak people have same or lower value than magical beast or ant' felling (especially popular novel)

8. Aras

Aras Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. aridharma

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Aras

Aras Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure? I can still use the website or do you mean he doesn't update it anymore? Because he still does but it will take some time before he notices it like last time.

11. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah the site works, could be on his end, just gotta wait for setx to update, if he still works on the project

12. Jin Mori

Jin Mori Absentee MC

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Chinese novels because they're part of my culture!~
    I enjoy reading novels of all kinds, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, I'll read them all!!

13. aridharma

Reading List:
    Link
    Look like i mistaking your question. there some novel i like that have slow tranlating speed or drooped. then i read a post that 'with this translation speed this novel will completed in 20-30 years'.
    it like a BOOM. then i think rather waiting that long ,why dont i learning my self, i think learning for 2-3 years are better than waiting 20-30 years.
    so in 3 year i wont rant because translation too slow anymore

14. aridharma

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly i have low Humanity stat( I think what the MC doing are not wrong and this is a wrong way of thinking).
    so to not make my humanity get any lower i avoiding them.

15. Anoncommander1

Anoncommander1 The Commander

Reading List:
    Link
    For chinese novel most of them will take more than 5 year to complete when you see how much chp they have. And that already counting a daily update. Unless someone can be like RWX that release 3-4 chp a day. Don't dream a novel gonna be finished.

16. aridharma

Reading List:
    Link
  17. aridharma

Reading List:
    Link
    And some really slow translation need more than 2weeks for 1 chapter or some drooped project that on 'it still not 3 months after their last updates'.
    i cant see future at that project. so i use that kind of novel as my MTL training. sometime i use JParser as real japanese learning (less than 10%).
    50-60% understanding(MTL my self) kind of reading novel spoiler but it better than stopping reading that novel

18. aridharma

Reading List:
    Link
    oh it work. thank for the Tips
    2.4 dint work for mine :(
    and 3.0 keeps error when i use auto correct
    so i stopping my read and translating chapter. now i only reading it

19. aridharma

Reading List:
    Link
    2.4 wont work on mine.
    i need few reverence for improve my accuracy. and Translation Aggregator can give most of them. and i love JParser window coz i can learning Japanese from there and notify me of other machine that translate sound effect and stutter word.
    so for accuracy of my training, combination of Translation Assistant and Translation Aggregator is a must.

for single machine translation i think that tutorial really helpful.

20. questmas

questmas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Google used to have a free translation api but they removed it years ago (2011)
    http://badrit.com/blog/2011/12/25/free-google-translate-api-v2#.VzXDtPnyu00

This is why translation aggregator no longer works with google. Just use bing translator or some other translation service.