Translation Nations

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Amplify, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amplify

Amplify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll get to the point: I've been having errors for months when trying to sign up to post comments there, how does anyone else manage it?

When I try to log in with my Wordpress account it tells me my account doesn't exist.
    I try to register a new account using the same name, it tells me the username is already in use.
    I register an account with a different name, E-mail already in use.
    I use a different E-mail, register a new account, try to log into it, "incorrect password".
    I click the lost password button, get told 'Check your e-mail for the confirmation link.', and never receive any E-mails, not even as spam.
    I try to find contact details for the admin so I can discuss it with them, their site has zero ways to contact them without posting on the site, which as we've just covered I can't do.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

2. Amplify

Amplify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried recovering my password multiple times over the previous weeks and months, never received a single one to either E-mail address. I'm at my wit's end to be honest, I could try making a new E-mail and account to go with it but I'm doubting things would go any differently to the previous attempts.

*edit*
    Made a new Email, registered a new account over on Translationnations 10 min ago, it says I'll receive an E-mail with my password in, but I've not gotten anything yet. I doubt I'll ever get the Email it's promised but I'll reply back if I suddenly get it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Shio likes this.
  3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't bother commenting on that site. No idea why though

4. valdesaga

valdesaga [IDN] [7thMay] [V]aldes

Reading List:
    Link
    Silent reader.

Keep silent.
    Keep reading.

Like a wind.
    Like a shadow.

Like a fart.
    You can smell it, but you cant see it ~

shiroechan20 and HapUgMata like this.
  5. Neydomus

Neydomus Non-Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    try switching to another browser.
    if youre using firefox, try registering with chrome and vice versa.

6. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    Some translators do feel motivated from comments. The one I feel the most for is the guy doing Juvenile Medical God at NovelsNao, I can't post comments there, they simply don't show up.

7. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure how it works but I had a similar problem. All I know is that wordpress.org and wordpress.com are different. It might not have worked for me because I already might have had an account on the said network but didn't know the username and password. Also, as you mentioned, when trying to recover them, I didn't receive any e-mail... :mad:
    I think you might succeed if you create a new e-mail and try registering a new account, I think that's what I did, just that I already had a secondary e-mail that I could use.
    Currently I don't even find any value in commenting on the website since I only visit it once or twice per month but I just wanted to ask something at that time and was quite angry at it's 'functionality'.
    I don't think your browser, connection or computer could affect the account registration in any way, especially since the account was created and it said you will receive the e-mail but it doesn't come. The problem is most likely not on your side...

8. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think about it I had the exact same problem with the mangaupdates website, I couldn't register no matter what and when I succeeded in registering I didn't get the verification e-mail on both e-mails I tried. I also tried contacting them but didn't succeed because the e-mail they had for contact was seemingly incorrect or something. It's a good thing I found NU shortly afterwards and don't need to bother with that one anymore...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.