Question Translation Site Practices - What sites do what?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by DarkGodRising, Jul 10, 2021.

1. DarkGodRising

DarkGodRising Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My big question regarding the translation scene is what are the general practices of translation sites. Along with what sites practice what techniques/monetization tactics. I.e AsianHobbist, Foxaholic, Wuxiaworld, Active Translations, and Woopread? (These are sites I read on.... If you have more sites and can explain the motivation tactic feel free to do so, this is just a general idea of some sites.)

2. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
    Some use ads, for others you have to buy chapters. That's pretty much it. Also patreon for monetization. Some are good with just kofi donations.

3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Offhand... Patreon subscriptions with access to advanced chapters are common these days. Releasing extra chapters in exchange for donations used to be common. Selling access to individual chapters (e.g. $0.10 to read chapter 21) happens on a lot of sites.

And, of course, advertisements.

4. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in Foxaholic, and the set-up is like, you get ad rev payout every month + you can have your own ko-fi + patreon.

I use ko-fi for setting monetary goals for extra chapters to be released to all readers.

I would use Patreon for having advance chapters available only to donators, but I don't have one so yeah.