Discussion Transmigration or Rebirth? What would you choose?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by xiao Yi, Jul 22, 2022.

?

What would you choose if you were given a chance

1. Transmigration

32.7%
  2. Rebirth

67.3%
  1. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been stuck with these choices for a year now _:)」∠)_
    Transmigrate in your most favorite novel or anime or experience rebirth to change your life?
    Feel free to rant here ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Pachia320 likes this.
  2. iwillsay

iwillsay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    rebirth because what if you transmigrate into a character who's gonna receive a death sentence? it's real risky. I would rather change my fate from the start, thus I'll choose rebirth

luoxinle, Pachia320 and xiao Yi like this.
  3. BooklessBookworm

BooklessBookworm Sensible Little Sister ꒰ঌ(⃔ ⌯' '⌯)⃕໒꒱

Reading List:
    Link
    Between transmigrating into a strange and completely new world that you’ve only read about, rebirth is much more attractive to me. The chance to prevent broken relationships, solve previous regrets, and, quite literally, live another life, would be great. Transmigration does bring about some thrill and risk, you could even change your world setting and I’d see why some people might like it, but I could never leave behind the people I love and have connected with. Ofc, this is considering we still have our memories.

Pachia320 and xiao Yi like this.
  4. Lemonlyn

Lemonlyn ♥[ Incubus ] Onee-san Seducer♥

Reading List:
    Link
    obviously rebirth! I can go back and with my 10th grade geometry knowledge I'll be a Lil genius! Rebirth at a very young age tho. it'll be nice because I can help my mom with her hardships and be a more sensible child so this time she can go chase her dreams, and I'll be able to get a head start in life and learning ~

xiao Yi likes this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What does rebirth entail? Does it mean regressing chronologically to the period preceding my birth or does it refer to reincarnation (birth in another body with a different set of circumstances)? The latter would be a gamble since I can't predict birth defects or future conditions; moreover, it might not allow me to utilize my knowledge of the future as effectively as I would like, not to mention how terribly I would miss my family.

All said and done, I would still go with rebirth, with a clear preference for retrogressive rebirth.

AliceShiki and xiao Yi like this.
  6. xiao Yi

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was thinking of a more detailed choices...
    Transmigration- you will transmigrate to a novel of your choice and you can choose who you will become but your future will be cloudy or you won't have the power to choose your character but your future will be in your hands.
    Rebirth- you can choose the time and date of when you want to go back to but you can't change anything you want yet your future will be from your set of choices. Its like playing a game and the choices were already set or you won't have the power to choose when and what year you can return to (?) but your future will not be a set of choices but your own.
    I guess it doesn't make sense (ˉ(∞)ˉ)

7. missluna

missluna 《Melon Seed Eater》

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigration is enticing but I want rebirth. I have many things I wish I've done and I know the people that surrounds me.

Has and xiao Yi like this.
  8. xiao Yi

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. But do you think changing your fate with no memories from the past will cause changes or will still be the same fate as your last life?

Yes! I was actually thinking, what if we can go back in time but we forget everything. Will we make the same choices again or _:)з」∠)_

awww that's why we always wish to go back in time and do more good things for our family, make our life better... But going back in time, definitely will have some negativity to it, right

Uhm I guess rebirth will be to go back in time, but if you will have the chance to have the same set of memories. Reincarnation in someone else's body is a bit challenging though ≡^ˇ^≡

9. iwillsay

iwillsay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well the soul will definitely retain some feelings, and if i feel regret by intuition for a choice, then i guess you can say that i don't think i would make the same choice, and by butterfly effect my future would change too

xiao Yi likes this.
  10. xiao Yi

Reading List:
    Link
    indeed. Sometimes bad choices can also become good ones, depending on the situation. My gosh, what am I saying (*´∇`*)

11. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    That seem more like regression than rebirth.

12. xiao Yi

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you're right _(з」∠)_

13. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than transmigrating into an unfamiliar world I would rather rebirth and work hard to better my own life

xiao Yi likes this.
  14. xiao Yi

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. ╰(*´︶`*)╯ we all wish to have done a lot better in our past life _(з」∠)_

15. Nia2760

Nia2760 ・❥・ꏂꂵꉣꋪꏂꇙꇙ ꄲꊰ ꉔꋬ꓄ꇙ ・❥・

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth sounds more appealing to me because it would be cool to explore a new world and also I wouldn't be bound by a character bad fate.

xiao Yi likes this.
  16. Rinymn

Rinymn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would definitely choose rebirth over transmigration. I'm braindead in most cases and IF I were to transmigrate, I would be cying for 365 days.

xiao Yi likes this.
  17. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a choice of picking none?

xiao Yi likes this.
  18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously rebirth. That's to say, we still retain our old memory lol
    Transmigration. But if I get the almighty infinite ability to help me, I might choose this.

xiao Yi likes this.
  19. Korraa

Korraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigration cause rebirth will probably shoot down my chances of getting into a romantic relationship with anyone my new age. Also because I would hate growing up again. Once was enough. If i get transmigrated in a world where I can earn decent money without getting a degree, what's the problem? Being an adult to survive is far more beneficial than growing up in a world. If I'm one of the main characters, I'll have some sort of buff right? I'll just use that to vanish away. I can get into a relationship with someone my age too.

AsteriaHenituse, luoxinle and xiao Yi like this.
  20. whimsandfantasies

whimsandfantasies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though, personally, I feel transmigration sounds pretty cool, I would go for rebirth. As for the reasons, it is pretty much the same as what the other commentators above have stated.
    But, if I were to transmigrate, I would hate for it to be novel I read or a wild, wild place. Since, I am already in an adventure, it might as well be something new. And no feudalism please!

xiao Yi likes this.